The Tolkien Trust ("we") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is The Tolkien Trust, whose principal place of business is at Prama House,
267 Banbury Road,
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us either by filling in forms which we may make available on our site www.tolkientrust.org (“our site”) or by communicating with us in any other manner. This includes information provided when posting material on our site, if we make it possible to do this.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
2. IP addresses and other information
We may collect data about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration purposes. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we try to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
3. Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To create records of persons applying to us for grants and financial assistance.
- To create statistical/numerical information about applicants.
- To enable us to communicate with applicants.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, should we add these to our site.
4. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to The Tolkien Estate Limited and any other Tolkien entity and their respective advisers, and to any third party with whom we or they have a business relationship. We may also disclose your personal information:
5. Your rights
We will not process your personal data for marketing purposes.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of others. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
6. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
^ page top