The cursor (arrow) reappears when I plug in a wireless mouse. Have tried restarting the device, have also done a factory reset, but the problem remains! Then plug the mouse back into the same port and turn on the computer. Similar threads. In the absence of a mouse cursor, navigating through the apps and software becomes difficult, but it is not impossible! 2023 Acer Inc. It has various operating system that includes Windows Operating System, iOS, Linux, Unix, Ubuntu, macOS. mouse pad on chromebook 15 Acer Community Acer Chromebook 714 CB714-1WT- Check to see if the issue is fixed now. Acer Chromebook 14 CB3-431-C0AK (Aluminum, 14 inch HD, Intel Celeron, 4GB, 32GB) . Good luck. 12:56 PM But that's not an acceptable long-term solution. 4-1. One minute to the next my cursor disappeared and I can't get it back try drum roll on the touchpad for 1 min and check.. if it does not work then try hard reset. It is fast! If you find anything listed here, right-click on it and select Uninstall. Sometimes a simple PC reboot can solve this annoying problem right away. some reasons which could cause the mouse cursor to disappear on a laptop screen might be either of the following: Follow these fix-it steps to solve the mouse cursor or pointer disappearing on the Acer laptop. As soon as it detects the hardware, either an external mouse or the internal trackpad, the cursor returns. My Chromebook is also about 2 years old, and this issue started up very suddenly. Mouse cursor is not showing up on screen and touchpad is unresponsive. Now I'm writing this post using this computer: i'm running Gallium OS from a USB drive and it works, the laptop is on since yesterday running BOINC. And before I was also having my wireless disconnect for no apparent reason - this too has been resolved. Acer Chromebook 14, touchpad not responding This step will fix the drivers in case they are outdated or incompatible. In this video, I will show you guys how to fix Mouse Cursor not Disappearing in your Google Chrom Windows 10. OscarFuentes, Hello @ghuyge, welcome to the HP Forums.It appears that you're having issues with the touchpad on your Chromebook. With an improved typing experience, extended battery life, and the latest connectivity features, this Chromebook easily keeps up with you and your . Youll find the driver software under Device Manager. Click. A "Welcome" screen will appear when the Chromebook first boots up. Finally, please run HP support assistant and ensure to update the bios, chipset and touchpad drivers and apps. There could be many reasons behind the cursor disappearing on the Acer laptop, but first, consider updating the drivers before moving to other specific options for troubleshooting. To fix either problem, simply unplug the mouse from your Acer laptop and plug it back in again. 2. Press the Fn key and the f6 or f7 key (the function button with a touchpad icon) at the same time on your laptop keyboard. Sorry! Then, if that doesnt work, try checking Windows Update for updates. Talent Assessment Tools For Succession Planning. Thank you, kt22mike for your advice! In this video, I will show you guys how to fix Mouse Cursor not Disappearing in your Google Chrom Windows 10. Slide the " Change Pointer Size " slider up or down a bit using the arrow keys and check to see if the issue persists. My cursor on Chromebook 2 (new) is sticking or disappears. I will try to assist you with this. Double-click on Hardware and Sound, and then select Mouse and Touchpad. The Chromebook basically thinks it has no mouse or trackpad installed, so it removes the cursor. They did not even try to figure out that it might be a hardware problem - just immedately dismissed the problem and placed the blame on Google. Acer Chromebook 714 CB714-1WT- When I turn on my Acer HD 1070 I have no cursor. Chromebook 11, cursor disappears I'm . Required fields are marked *. what happened to laura velasquez on accuweather. We cant find the content youre looking for. Clear search The sound Quality is great. I tried restarting my laptop, updating the mouse driver, uninstalling then reinstalling . Remember that uninstall button must be under highlight while the spacebar is pressed. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Go to System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > Cursor Size and change the cursor size. First, run the Windows built-in troubleshooter. 3. 0. acer chromebook 14 cursor disappears. Use captions on your Chromebook. G.ioi societ agricola srlP.iva 04484680659Capitale sociale 60.000,00 i.v.Iscritta presso la camera di commercio di Salerno n. Rea, sede legale in :Via Chiaie snc, Gioi, SA cap:84056, TELEFONO : +39 0974.991135EMAIL: info@gioisrl.com. Try out the basic steps to fix it. 2) Hit the "Relaunch to Update Chrome" and wait for the task to be finished. It appears that you're having issues with the touchpad on your Chromebook. If the device drivers are too outdated, the device will fail to perform efficiently. acer chromebook 14 cursor disappears - alternance.co Part Number: NX.HUVEK.002. I could move cursor around, but keys were non-responsive. You should now be able to move the cursor around using your finger or pen. You may think that there was a virus or spyware installed on your computer, but that isnt true. Thanks. Alternatively, you could press Win+R (Windows key), type control mouse, and now navigate to the device settings tab. Tested that with my daughters Chromebook. Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04. The one thing I can do to eliminate the problem is move the student to a Samsung or ASUS Chromebook - the problem goes away for good. No fan so there is no noise. The model we were given to review runs on a dual-core 1.1GHz Intel Celeron N4020 processor, teamed with a . There, youll find options related to the mouse. You dont need to know anything about computers or drivers to use Driver Easy. Acer Chromebook 15 looking for solutions to the same problem, I'm getting the feeling it's not really a Dell specific issue. One person found this helpful. 4-1. The cursor unfreezes or reappears in working condition. Thanks for the tip. How to turn it off? Have tried restarting the device, have also done a factory reset, but the problem remains! But the idea of hundreds of students having to store and manage external mice is enough to give me nightmares, so we don't think that's a workable solution. I had to toss the notebook (try erasing your personal data without a touchpad! I tried restarting my laptop, updating the mouse driver, uninstalling then reinstalling . It#39;s well within the. The cursor on my chromebook just disappeared and I can't get it back Next, click on Hardware and Sound under the System section. The good news is that updating your Chrome browser is an easy task. Fix: Mouse disappeared on Chromebook - Mobile Internist You may need to repeat the process several times until the cursor appears on the screen. I have an AcerChromebook 14. Didn't even try to see if there was something wrong with the machine itself. Fluid Loading In Warehouse, My cursor on Chromebook 2 (new) is sticking or disappears. Press Enter to open the options. Mouse cursor would disappear until I plug a mouse in Read more. By signing up, I accept the terms of the Acer Privacy Policy. But it makes the device nearly useless. It might not make sense to Restart the laptop. The HD Screen provides perfect images. In the case of a wireless mouse: Remove the attachment from the USB port of your Acer laptop. See if the computer screen displays on the external monitor. My name is Stephen. How To Play A CD On Your Laptop? acer chromebook 14 cursor disappears. Thanks for posting. If you cannot diagnose the problem, do not worry. I have an HP Chromebook 14. Then click on the mouse icon and press Uninstall. Click on [Browse as Guest] at the . Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes. The sound Quality is great. There is no such specific reason for the cursor disappearing from the Acer laptop screen. Reset the hardware. Slide the " Change Pointer Size " slider up or down a bit using the arrow keys and check to see if the issue persists. Check for updates through Windows Update: For hardware devices to perform efficiently, all the drivers related to the hardware must be up to date. The Acer Chromebook 315 comes in two flavours: one powered by AMD and the other by Intel. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. By using this site, you accept the. Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes. In this video, I will show you guys how to fix Mouse Cursor not Disappearing in your Google Chrom Windows 10. BitLocker was enabled on it's own and I have no key. If none of the above methods works, you may need to update your mouse driver. Using the options at the bottom of the screen, you can crop, resize, adjust brightness and contrast, or rotate the image, Your email address will not be published. Two issues, one the mouse arrow has disappeared while using the touch pad. Mouse Cursor Freezing, Slow, Disappearing On Chromebook FIX [Tutorial]You can use your Chromebook's touchpad to right-click, switch between tabs, and more. HP support told me to check on the discussion board to look for an answer. Here's how it works: Move the pointer. same problem as others with my fleet of Chromebook 11s. Solved: Chromebook 11, cursor disappears - Dell Community The problem always comes back on Dell hardware. #2 Press the fn + F6 or F7 Key at the same time and check if it works. He loves to write about Laptop Tips, Guides, configurations, features, and Accessories. Similar threads. I rushed to google hoping to find something to help and I stumbled upon a video in which the man says to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers (Synaptics Touchpad in my case) and so I did it, I ended up uninstalling the drivers and the Synaptics software. Acer Chromebook 15 looking for solutions to the same problem, I'm getting the feeling it's not really a Dell specific issue. To solve the Disappearing cursor issue on Acer laptop, you must follow the few steps mentioned below. Fdisk: Press or tap the lower half of the touchpad. The cursor has disappeared on my Acer Windows 10 laptp: Laptop Tech Support: 1: Sep 8, 2017: K: Solved! Some Chromebooks have function keys that can turn off the touchpad. Press the full-screen button at the top of the screen to enter/leave full-screen mode. Restarting your computer usually fixes the problem. If the mouse cursor disappeared on your Chromebook, you can usually fix this by: Plug out and plug back in the USB mouse. padgett Posts: 4,446 Pathfinder Got the chromebook in mid january and was working perfectly until today. This fixed my problem for a while, but within two months the problem returned. You are telling me that HP won't support a problem on its own hardware? Computers have taken over the world. The only way to fix this is the restart my chromebook, and then it happens within a few seconds/minutes of logging back in. ; Press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds. I've read through all of those posts, and been through all the steps they discuss with no success. This website is best viewed using Internet Explorer 10+, Chrome, Safari and newer browsers. Part Number: NX.HUVEK.002. Press and hold the [Power button] until the device power off, then power it on again. H. You can use your Chromebook's touchpad to right-click, switch between tabs, and more. Next, click on Device Manager. The cursor might have been disabled by the windows, some program, or an accident. The Chromebook 15 comes packed with an Intel Pentium N4200 processor, 4GB of memory, and 32GB of flash storagedouble the RAM and onboard storage of cheap minimalist . To do this you mi. The cursor unfreezes or reappears in working condition. So you might want to check that. It will diagnose and fix any other specific and potential issue which might be blocking the cursor from appearing. Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. 2. Now press Alt+F4. All of sudden my cursor disappeared and my touchpad will not recover it. Sometimes the mouse cursor or pointer on the Acer laptop might also disappear while typing. Sometimes, the cursor disappears on your computer after installing new hardware. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Laptop Tech Support. My Account My Account; Logout; acer chromebook 14 cursor disappearseddie van halen autopsy photos Does anybody know what to do, if I can downgrade so it goes back to normal? 2. I will try to assist you with this. If you don't have the settings blocked, you can also get there by: Click on the browser's 3 dots menu. There is clearly a problem with the touchpad and HP refuses to acknowledge it. Got the chromebook in mid january and was working perfectly until today. Not only does the cursor disappear but the darn fan is loud (as if it is hitting the case of the chromebook). Youll probably find that it solves your issue. Every time I create a new chroot using crouton, the keyboard and/or touchpad on my Dell Chromebook 11 becomes completely unresponsive (and cursor disappears) during the installation process. This email address has already been registered. You could also press Windows Key + R and type the control mouse. Press the "Windows" button on your keyboard and type in " Cursor and Pointer ". 08-26-2014 06:06 PM. Hello, I woke up today and turned on my hp laptop to find out that the cursor isn't showing, and the touchpad isn't working. This can be a sign for you to start deleting some old files and creating space on your computers, Read More Storage Sense Not WorkingContinue, NitroSense is a fundamental application in laptops of this brand, since Acer Nitro 5 specified that it works with this program where many do not know what it is for, Read More How To Fix Nitro Sense Wont Open or WorkContinue, Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *. Was this reply helpful? A "Welcome" screen will appear when the Chromebook first boots up. Then turn it off. Now, using the down arrow key, highlight the Advanced Configuration option and press Enter. As soon as it detects the hardware, either an external mouse or the internal trackpad, the cursor returns. 3. If that doesnt work, youll need to download and install updated drivers. Finally, select the Basic option. Or maybe there was a problem with your touchpad. I could move cursor around, but keys were non-responsive. Spin 311. The clicking of the trackpad still turns the computer on but the cursor on screen has disappeared. Acer Community User Agreement. Right-click. can't register my device. 3. Easy fix! If your cursor keeps disappearing, you might have to do a hardware reset.
Once Fired 218 Bee Brass, Articles A