The fields are usually in bloom during June and July. Grow lavenders on mounds, in raised beds or on slopes for better drainage. in Hillsboro. Take home a bundle of freshly cut lavender, dried and culinary lavender, soaps and bath products, and many other beautifully hand-crafted items. And since Cascade Lavender Farm is a working farm, you are able to pet the farm animals! Make an appointment to pick up your plants and gifts in our relaxed country setting. A post shared by Mountainside Lavender (@mountainsidelavender) on Jun 26, 2019 at 12:59am PDT. Open to the public every day in July, they also schedule private photo shoots for $40 and have plenty of cute props to lend out. Wayward Winds Lavender. ;). Enjoy lunch or dinner from various food trucks and booths throughout the festival. Im not one for small talk, so lets get to the good stuff. Here you will be able to taste in lavender-infused delicacies, sip lavender wine or lemonade, or get truly Oregon and have a lavender craft beer! Tips for Growing Lavender in the Pacific Northwest These tips do not apply to every growing situation or climate in Oregon. Open: Thursday-Monday in May, and June through Labor Day weekend 7 days a week. Filling your house with color is easy after a trip to this farm. In terms of what to bring, dont forget a hat, sunscreen, water bottle, a picnic lunch, and any sort of medication like allergy medicine or an EpiPen if anyone in your party has a bee allergy. Online: justysproduce.com. Some of these varieties are used for culinary purposes and others for essential oils and crafts. This Pacific Northwest travel blog is dedicated to exploring the best of the region, with a special emphasis on Washingtons small towns, national parks, and many incredible weekend getaways. Ive heard rave reviews but havent had an opportunity to swing by just yet. Lavender Fields Forever is a breathtaking working lavender farm in southern Oregon, making it the furthest lavender farm from Portland but definitely worth a stop if youre exploring southern Oregon because its so beautiful! If you click through a link on Small Town Washington, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. When we arrived we were able to easily snag a spot to park the car within the small lot on the property. During the second week of July, theOregon Lavender Association organizes a farm touracross the state. Wear proper shoes. Here are some of the best lavender fields in the state. Meet the Farm Girl - Sunderland Acres Lavender Farm CLOSED HOLIDAYS. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. in Oregon City. You will find this stop about 30 minutes outside of Portland. As you can see, the fields were ablaze with delightful hues of magenta and violet. Email: info@eaglecreeklavender.com. I suggest calling your girlfriends and making an entire weekend out of it! Location: 27525 SE Starr Rd, Eagle Creek, OR 97022. Sauvie Island Lavender Farm (Portland) - Tripadvisor The iconic view of Mt. We sell fresh cut lavender bundles while we are harvesting our crop. Sunderland Acres Lavender Farm | Portland OR - facebook.com Conceived in 2016 by Ginger and Kevin Bates with partner Bruce Turner, This Lavender Farm was created to be a beautiful and peaceful spot to pick lavender, shop, watch bees and relax. The Oregon Lavender Farm is located at 20949 S Harris Rd. This pretty Oregon lavender farm is framed by thick foliage and the Clackamas River, spread out over more than 12 acres which makes it one of the largest in the area. The little shop near the parking lot sells a plethora of homemade lavender-scented products like essential oils, honey, lotions, soaps, balms, creams, sachets and more. We take pride in using only environmentally friendly farming methods to provide chemical free culinary lavender and lavender products to you. Take SR-224 (right fork . No reservations required, check updated hours on their website. Tour the lavender farms that dot the bucolic farmland throughout the Portland region. Then, when youve had your fill of blissful relaxation (can you ever? If youre travelling with a group, be sure to book one of the guided tours which includes an English Tea or lavender lunch. OPEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY Growing Lavender in Oregon - Lavender Northwest PRODUCT: Better Homes and Gardens Essential Oil. The farm hosts an annual Lavender Festival Weekend in July, and you can even stay at the property overnight in the garden suite or cute two-bedroom cottage which is perfect for a weekend Willamette Valley wine getaway. Now, we offer nearly 100 different cultivars of Oregon grown lavender plants along with a selection of our favorite culinary herbs. Over in Madras in Central Oregon, Cascade Lavender grows more than 100 varieties in their fields, ranging from white to pinks to deep purple hues. My wife and I created a Lavender wreath under the instruction of one of the wonderful folks who worked there. My favorite thing about this Oregon lavender farm is the super fun lavender festival they host annually in early July. Portland - Pelindaba Lavender - Lavender Products and Lavender Farm Wilsonville, OR. Find discounts on Portland-area attractions, museums, and parks, plus free days and special events. As an Airbnb Associate, we may earn a commission when you book through our links, at no extra cost to you. Reka's Acres Lavender Farm. A trip to one or more of these Oregon lavender farms will provide you with not only beautiful lavender flower arrangements to bring home, but also heavenly handmade essential oils, lavender-scented lotions, and organic soaps. Head to the fields to pick a fresh lavender bouquet, drink lavender lemonade, enjoy a yoga class amidst the lavender, or take part in a wreath making class. Lavender Farms in Oregon's Tualatin Valley Stop and Smell the Lavender Ahhthe fresh, relaxing scent of lavender fills Tualatin Valley air during the warm summer months. The Annual Lavender Festival & Farm Tour hosts 40+ local vendors and artisans. Silverton, OR 97381 It worked best to stop at Multnomah Falls before heading to the lavender farms (versus one the way back) because the parking for waterfall access gets full really quick in the morning. A visit to Bill and Mary Jabs 12-acre lavender farm along the Clackamas River features 15 varieties of organic lavender, antiques, and even classic cars! 2023 Portland Living on the Cheap. What makes this Oregon lavender farm unique is that its located in the heart of a hazelnut farm that sits on the banks of the Umpqua River. ), hop over to the U-pick stand for sheers and grab yourself a bouquet to take home. FROM MID JUNE TO THE END OF JULY. Bike Around Portland Oregon: Bridges, Neighborhoods, Poetry and Roses. Visitors can pick their own bouquets (and I highly recommend you do) for $6 per bunch or 4 for $20. 98% of travelers recommend this experience. We appreciate your business and thank you for shopping local. 20230 NW Sauvie Island Road Portland OR 97231May & Sept Fri-Sun from 10am-5pmJune-Aug Tues-Sun from 10am-5pmSelf-Serve Open Daily - Dawn - Dusk, What a wonderful family farm! (C) 2020 - Travels and Treats. The lavender season generally runs from mid-June through early August. Stave off the heat with a lavender lemonade or, better yet, lavender ice cream from the farm store. They feature bath and body products, lavender honey, and lavender essential oils in their shop from the high-quality lavender grown. These have a nice variety of plants and gardens to explore. Location: 5510 NE Breyman Orchards Rd, Dayton, OR 97114. Stock up during your visit because the heavenly smells will help get you through the notorious winter months. Note that this isnt unique to this location. This is the time of year we get creative and think of new and exciting ways to use this fantastic plant. Ravencroft Lavender Farm Near Portland, OR - Just another WordPress site 10 lavender farms in Oregon you need to visit - Globe Guide How to Get to Hood River Lavender Farms from Portland, Visiting Hood River Lavender Farms Near Portland, 10 Awesome Things You Should Do in Amsterdam, The Best San Francisco Instagram Spots for Travel Photos, A Portland, Oregon Day Trip to Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival, San Francisco Bucket List: 100+ Things to Do in San Francisco, A Trip to The Pacific Northwest: What to Do in Tacoma, Washington. Such a beautiful season. Our beautiful farm is like a Victorian garden with lovely paths leading to a flower-filled arbor where visitors can view four snow-capped mountain peaks and hundreds of acres of nursery and farmland. These products include soaps, candles, lotions, lip balm, edible lavender products like teas and lemonades, and much, much more! Theres chickens, alpacas and horses on the charming farm. The Willamette Valley is known for knock-out Pinot noir, what better way to spend a summer afternoon? Located in rural Corbett, Oregon, Bates Lavender Farm is a must-see destination. . The little shop sells tons of body products, essential oils and high quality lavender honey made on site. After I paid my $5, the kind woman from Hood River Lavender Farms took me over to the fields and gave me a quick, informative tutorial on which rows of lavender were ready to be picked. Hood River Lavender Farms near Portland is the perfect day trip to take during the summer. Every year, $1,000 from the event is donated to the horticulture program student scholarship fund at Clackamas Community College. Their 15 varieties of plants are harvested to make sachets, essential oil and lotion, as well as honey from their own bees. All rights reserved. Description Our little urban farm is a hidden gem in the heart of Northeast Portland just minutes from the Alameda Neighborhood and Alberta Arts District. P.S. Its quite popular with photographers, so youre bound to find folks snapping away for an hour or two, prepare for that! For you chocoholics, you can see Aaron, the chocolatier, and Zion, the grower from B&B Lavender, talking about developing the right formula. For local residents, we offer scheduled pick-ups at the farm year round for bulk dried lavender bundles perfect for weddings, events, and crafting. We need to venture north from Albany& visit those lovely fields. LITTLE LAVENDER FARM - Home Welcome! Theres plenty to see along the way, so my suggestion is to leave an entire day open for the journey out there and make a day out of it. Take I-205 (north or south) to Exit 12ASR-212 (Clackamas/Estacada) Travel east on SR-212 approximately 3.6 miles to the junction of SR 212 & 224. The nice thing, though, is they are easy to dodge if you are cautious and follow instruction. Location: Chehalem Cultural Center, 415 E Sheridan, Newberg, OR 97132, Hours: 10:00 AM 6:00 PM on Saturday and 10:00 AM 5:00 PM on Sunday. Checking out the Oregon lavender farms in summer is a magnificent experience with the potential to become an epic adventure, with views of towering snow-capped mountains and detours to enchanting waterfalls possible as you explore the beautiful Oregon lavender fields blooming across the state. This is so fun! During this time, you can relax along the river and enjoy the sweet aromas and the bright lavender colors! for crafts, events & weddings. I love this. This is when the color is vibrant and the scent is strong. They create wonderful lavender products; Lavender Wands, Sachets, Tea, Wedding specialties and the day I visited they had lavender Shortbread Cookies "delicious"! There are a few items for purchase at the onsite shop, including essential oils. I've been with my husband and with friends and had a fabulous time. Hood looming over a picture-perfect log cabin while a sea of vibrant lavender takes center stage. Cora H. via Yelp. Take an opportunity to absorb the beautiful scenery as you sit at the picnic tables and chairs scattered in the fields. Please go to the PRODUCT LIST page They provide baskets and scissors so you really just need to show up. For 41 years we have offered a variety of locally grown herb plants. It was such a lovely place to visit and the lavender field " more 2. Whats more, Hood River Lavender Farm is located right next to one of my favorite wineries in Hood River, Stave & Stone Winery. Sure, this spot has gorgeous Oregon lavender, but theres plenty more to do at this decades-old farm in Dayton aside from frolicking in the fields. Location: 3823 Fletcher Drive, Hood River. Cascade Lavender offers group guided tours of the farm, including a lavender lunch or an English high tea! Taste Nothing Bundt Cakes delicious sweets, plus sip on lavender lemonade or ice tea and refresh with lemon lavender ice cream sandwiches. Liberty Natural Products - The Essential Oil Source And don't worry, spam is not our jam. During the summers, you can pick a beautiful lavender bundle straight from the field. Email us! My friends and I brought a picnic basket of wine and snacks and sat near the upper fields enjoying the company while taking in the scenery. Please go to the PLANT LIST page This also included important information on how to avoid the bees. 5 Beautiful Lavender Farms Near Portland - Portland Living on the Cheap They create wonderful lavender products; Lavender Wands, Sachets, Tea, Wedding specialties and . Provence, France may have beautiful lavender fields, but you can also get some magnificent Instagram photos a little closer to home at the stunning lavender fields in Oregon! I dont know if Ive ever seen so many bees in my life. JUST ADDED: LAVENDER EYE MASK WITH MATCHING SACHET..FREE SHIPPING! Mountainside Lavender is a small family-run farm nestled in the hillside of Chehalem Mountain in the community of Scholls, Oregon. Stay and have a picnic. Close to many tourist areas of other natural beauty and outdoor adventures, we offer a unique experience . Home to 3,700+ lavender plants (Provence, Maillette, Grosso, Folgate and several other varieties), visitors are welcome to cut their own lavender bouquets and even enjoy yoga in the lavender fields. Listing Agent: Terry Sprague, Luxe Christie's International Real Estate. There is no entry fee to get in. Lavender blooms usually peak some time between late June and August. The lavender festival is free to attend. Plus, the staff are some of the kindest I came across during my grand Oregon lavender tour, all the more reason to support this business. This farm features more than 1,000 lavender plants for u-cut, lavender products, tea service and classes by appointment. I definitely recommend checking out all of their home and beauty items that they make from the lavender at the farm. Many of the farms on the route have festivals, workshops, and delicious food. Growing Miracles Lavender Garden regularly hosts fun events like a Lavender Festival in July, paint nights and yoga classes right in the fields. To do this, I found someone who works at the farm, paid them $5, and was immediately handed a pair of scissors and a zip tie. Everybody knows about the world-famous lavender fields in France, but few know about the breathtaking lavender farms in Oregon. Space plants so they will have good air circulation . Lavender Northwest (LNW) was created to promote lavender as a viable, thriving agribusiness in Oregon and support our members in their efforts to grow successful lavender based businesses. Most Oregon lavender farms are located just south of Portland, along with a couple in the Columbia River Gorge and some near Redmond and Madras. Hood River Lavender Farms is a beautiful, organic lavender farm near Portland, Oregon. Avoid taking photos around noon, when the light can be harsh. Ahhthe fresh, relaxing scent of lavender fills Tualatin Valley air during the warm summer months. Some links in this post may be affiliate links. Just as an FYI, after planning on a couple to visit on our trip later this month, Lavender Valley is now closed . Located next to Stave & Stone Winery which is only a 15 minute drive from downtown Hood River, the pristine property has dozens of rows of lavender and fantastic views of the surrounding vineyards, Mt Hood and Mount Adams. We manufacture our own Bath & Beauty, Culinary Lavender & More. My husband and I went to pick lavender and the selection is fantastic. Not enough lavender? Take time to explore the essential oil showcase and vote for your favorites while being surrounded by the sweet, relaxing fragrance of lavender. Im telling you, this Oregon lavender farm has it all! At Mount Hoods base, you will find Lavender Valleys 25-acres of organic fields with 11 varieties of lavender. All the perennial herbs we sell are started from cuttings. In addition to acres of photogenic purple fields, Hood River Lavender Farms steam distills its lavender to produce pure essential oil. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. And then come home and fill your vases with all the lavender you clipped and bring joy to your family! Recommended. The couple that runs this cute little lavender farm is my favorite part of the visit, Pam and Mark Baker could not be any sweeter! A great stop for those touring the Umpqua Valley Wine Route, tours through the field are by appointment. at our gift shop this season. Cultivating and distilling a wide range of fine lavender varieties in Oregon's North Willamette Valley and celebrating their individual fragrances in RavenCroft products. Oh, dont forget to pop in for a lavender wreath making class while youre visiting. Mountainside Lavender has beautiful fields of Lavender in a great location. Copyright © 2023 Embrace Someplace | Privacy Policy | As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Restaurants near Mountainside Lavender Farm: 100% of travelers recommend this experience. Extend your stay by staying in the cottage or garden suite on the property! I expected it to be all look and no touch, which would have been fine, as I was happy just to take photos of the beautiful scenery. Address: 108 S College St Suite C, Newberg, OR 97132. Purchase dried lavender flower buds by the ounce Based on our experience, theyre harmless but definitely present. Hood River Lavender Farms is a beautiful, organic lavender farm near Portland, Oregon. For those asking, Im wearing these overalls, my scarf is from Italy but this scarf is very similar (and a great deal), and this hat is similar to mine as well. All Rights Reserved. Once the parking lot reaches capacity, it closes. THE NURSERY & GIFT SHOP During the festival, there will be live music, food, and of course all things lavender. Stepping foot onto Little Lavender Farm in Dundee, Oregon feels like visiting visiting your childhood home if your childhood was awesome and your parents had a super cute lavender field in Oregon, that is. We offer a nice selection of nearly 100 different Oregon grown lavender and culinary herb plants. During mid-July, Growing Miracles host the Annual Lavender Festival & Farm Tour, which features nearly 40 local vendors who come out to display their products and food. Plus, it is just not nice. Lavender Owl Farm - Venue - Canby, OR - WeddingWire U-Pick season will start mid-June 2023. And this stunning lavender farm needs no persuasion. Spend some time browsing through around 50 unqiue vendors wares, along with the lavender farms specialties that include essential oil, sachets, handcrafted soaps, and dried lavender buds. Come and enjoy fields of u-cut lavender, artisan vendors, food and live music. Lavender Farms and Fields in Oregon Cascade Lavender Location: 5000 SW Feather Dr, Madras, OR 97741 Dates: June 15 through August 17, closed on July 4 Hours: Thursday - Saturday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Sunday: 1:00 - 5:00 PM Best Time to Visit: End of June through the beginning of August Cost: Free Website Enjoy u-cut or pre-cut lavender, watch a lavender distillation and lavender wreath demonstrations, and shop local artisan vendors that feature all things lavender. Dont miss the annual Helvetia Lavender Festival this July. Address: 13000 NW Old Germantown Rd. Home for the Holidays: Element by Westin, 10% Discount for TualatinValley.org Visitors, Two brewery tasting trays, each with six tastes of McMenamins ales, Complimentary growler filled with your choice of McMenamins' ales, Champagne or sparkling cider with two glasses, Visitors to TualatinValley.org receive a special 10% discount, Two 60-minute spa treatments at Ruby's Spa. Cut your own Grosso and Provence lavender and buy lavender products at this North Plains farm. *Admissions Donated to Non-Profit Samaritan Ministries in Ukraine. 1. Oregon - West. Address: 5965 Boneboro Road. Helvetia Lavender Farm is located at 12814 NW Bishop Rd. Come visit, we'd love to see you. But we are busy in our workshop creating wonderful lavender products for you to enjoy. Mount Hood Parkdale, OR 97041. See some of the products available to pick up Besides exploring the fields, guests can take part in wreath making, harvesting and essential oil making classes, or browse the extensive shop full of lavender goods. U-Cut Lavender is $8 per bundle. As you wander through the lavender rows, you will be able to view both Mount Hood and Mount Adams, along with the vineyards that surround the property.
Louis Sedaris Obituary, Belleville, Nj Police Chief, Janome Serial Number Lookup, Do Football Players Pay For Their Uniforms, Articles L