I had to really beg to get dad to get others. But I listen to the Gold and also to the Big L over my old good soviet VEF-206 And I think how good and cool was it. Dat was nog vr Radio Veronica 192 begon. I have just been told about this site from a friend in Florida. Ik was - al luisterend naar een kleine transistorradio van een obscuur merk - onmiddellijk verkocht. I've listened 208 every evening, while living in communist poland in 1970's, damn best show. Longmont,Colorado USA (28/02/2001). 261. Radio Luxembourg - November 22, 1944 - Collections Search - United Hi..terrific terific site. Radio Luxembourg went the way of all things and passed on eventually, and it turns out no-one kept a record of their charts. Cathedral" Alastair MacKenzie, Marske by the sea (10/01/2002). Stephen Haugh Dermont Perth, Western Australia (10/07/2007). London (14/8/1999). (erinnert sich irgendjemand ???) nice days. You have a very well developed site. Marek Scibor where the only alternative with good music was Radio Luxembourg. Frankfurt am Main, Germany (08/09/2008). Online Radio Box uses cookies in order to provide the best service for our users. Good luck! Soundtrack to our lives for so many years! RLI208 fut la radio par laquelle je decouvrais la popmusic quand j'avais 14 ans(1968), je fus un auditeur assez fidle jusqu'aux dernires heures d'emissions, c'est avec beaucoup d'motions que je parcours ce site. Saltash, UK (13/10/2008). London, UK (04/01/2010). site terecht. But I'm also searching for people who want tell us their memories about radio 208. Cleveland, Oh, USA (02/10/2009). I am crazy about charts of radio luxemburg, I joined right now, I want to collect all the charts especially 1968-1973 i started to listen music in september 1968 and the first song was nights. Since this time the Great 208 was my favorite station through the night, it has accompanied me through my life until the end of am broadcasting in 1991. and Sunday 26 June 1966. Pavel Herzinger 451. Thank you for the website idea and pages!] Great to know that Luxy's coming back! THIS IS PURELY FOR USE IN THIS PROGRAMME AND ON TG4 This website is fantastic! Luxembourg in 1970-1980s, doing my school lessons together with Lux :). I seem to remember something like 'Mark you well what you do my friend, summer winds are blowing' Probably well off the mark, my brain is not what it used to be, but I can still hear the tune in my head! 561. and know who to contact, I'd be very happy. 490. computers begrijp ik niet veel, ben down - and out of those in the pub, only myself and a guy from the middle of a tiny A real pleasure to read this. Groet vanuit Groningen stad. Will check the sit again soon. What a GREAT web sight. dan 117. Does anyone have So many memories - happy days. 40. and graet music. 208 is missed but not forgotten. I would love to know what the title of the beautiful sweeping haunting orchestral melody is, that was always played on luxembourg throughout the early sixties, I`d like to aire the excerpt on my radio show and share my seet memories of the 60`s with our listeners. Alcoy, Espaa (18/09/2011). back in the 70s right here in the middle of Central America. (19/11/2000). Birmingham, England (30/05/2005). 367. Five years later I took over the Elvis Pesley Fan Club of Great Britain, and visited both the London studios, and the Villa Louvigny in Luxembourg. Thanks for a great site which brought back many fond memories of my youth. te bezoeken en hoe het kwam dat je studio kon bezoeken. When you are listening to the top 20 of 1965 it is like you heard it yesterday. Cheyenne, Wyoming (07/05/2012). 345. Ferdinando Travisan The mistery of this transmission from London, the fading of the signal, I remember it very well. Colin Bedding By the way, what has happened to the following, Jimmy Saville, Jack Jackson The awkward antenna switch before the start of the English service and the loss of signal for a few seconds ad even the great Dutch service. 33. Enjoyed the site and the experience. With the Hallicrafters and a random-length wire aerial I was able to pull in NHK (Japan), Radio Brazzaville, Radio Tangier (a now-defunct religious broadcaster) and HCJB (still a religious broadcaster), and WRUL (the only non-government shortwave broadcaster in the US), and of course the Voice of America. Brian Matthews (picture caption) should be Brian Matthew I think I remember Barry Alldis presenting top 20 show on the BBC Nogmaals, hartelijk bedankt voor uw fijn website. (07/11/1998). The 60's were de darkest period in Hungary as far as the communist dictatorship is concerned. First time was back in 1980. The website cannot function properly without these files, they can only be disabled by changing your browser settings or by using our website in "Incognito" mode. Darren Vidler Mark Dezzani radio at 3AW Melbourne. 11 Mack the knife Bobby Darin London 328. Looking for info Muriel Young. Utrecht, the Netherlands (26/8/1999). 726. Box 115, Farley, Iowa 52046, U.S.A. (16/03/1999). Great Stuff..Congrats! . So glad it's been re-launced. Thanx again. Barry Alldis was my favourite with the top twenty show, a great shame he died so young. 750. After that I moved to Dutch TV still in Luxembourg, but at the Media Complex on Kirchberg, spending 10 years working for RTL4, all in all 20 very special years in Luxembourg all thanks to a job on 208. It was briefly available in the UK using DRM (digital broadcasts over shortwave) but the transmitter power was reduced, and by 2008 was not receivable outside Luxembourg itself . Just wanted to say what a nice web site.I am from GREECE,but i have never listened to Radio Lux.I wish i did. Do the 'Royal Ruler' and Rob Jones remember when two upstarts from Bath Hospital Radio - myself and Paul Conroy - went to interview them when 'Gold Diggers' opened in Chippenham back in 1982? This is trully a great tribute site to the great "208", and it has brought back many great memories for me. Thanks for your information. Thank you so much for the memories. Remember it well. To play as much records as possible in half an hour they played only the first two I wish I could have a listen to it now. Mark McLeod, Edinburgh (02/02/2006). Just go ahead with Radio Luxembourg English service DRM broadcasting. 208, what memories. Mike Dina Great sit brings back loads of memeories. My favorite shows were: Top 20 and Presenting Elvis Presley both hosted by my favorite d. j. Barry Alldis. Eivind Motland Radio Luxembourg clips from 1974: 76 mins - Mixcloud I recall the Capitol programme on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I could get to hear Gene Vincent and Tommy Sands etc. Hi! the batteries were no longer good. Guillaume Belfort "208" on from the Early fifties until the end. that I see people are talking about? Green Jeans by the Fleerakkers for the short lived Triumph Label show (good old We lived for 7 pm to hear it open for english service. days. 5. Install the free Online Radio Box application for your smartphone and listen to your favorite radio stations online - wherever you are! 680. This time he was playing the records by himself (no engineer); like he always did before in Australia. Albanovgen 6H, , Eskilstuna, S-632 39 Sweden (14/11/2002). tnx, I grew up listening to these radio stations, so your articles and soundclips bring back so many memories. ), BI/KPIs and metric optimization, web . Absolutely the greatest radio station in the WORLD! He's still on But: Perhaps the staff really DO spend just an hour or two each week, introducing records without mentioning too many artist names, so that they can mix these introductions with any randomly chosen song from the computer? The Radio 208 -- what memories! Denis Speirs Regards George I heard that last hours when I was in Poland. 16 The Little white bull Tommy Steele Decca Great site you got. London, England (05/04/2010). It sound a little bit better, but not as good as The Disco Palace brodcasting from Miami, USA and they also broadcast in DRM. programms,transmit it via satellite into the UK`s Digi-Boxes(and all other Jan-Erik Olsson celebration, I thought it would be appropriate to play not only the music we were exposed to in the 60's but My highlight was listening to Tony Prince open the nights English programme in the early 70's. Thank you Lord" I now live in Cairns, Australia with my family. How did 208 compile the Top 20 in the late sixties and early seventies when it ceased to use the NME chart? 327. Dirk Koolhaas Petr Vit I still remember the lines. Geof Jones Please continue the history. ich freue mich ber jede mail. 482. Compliments with the good site from Before the start of the offshore stations I'll have to listen to Radio Luxembourg. Thanks; Gus Rankin Jane Sullivan Once again congrats! Stockholm, Sweden (29/09/2011. 41. Many nights I took an old headphone to listen to the program De rillingen lopen me over het hele lichaam bij het horen van die jingels. Exclusively AC/DC 3. Unfortunately only a little piece of that song). Best Regards Alan Jarvie Met vriendelijke groet, Presenters between 2005 and 2008 included Dave Christian, Benny Brown, Sally Carter and Enda Caldwell. Gigi Masin Mike Brown Thank you again. 285. Hello from Poland: Back in the late 50`s and 60`s I used to spend almost every evening listening to Radio Luxemburg or AFN , Frankfurt (that`s where I discovered the beauty of American hillbilly music). I almost had a job on a pirate radio ship located off shore of the uk back in 1984. it was one of the things in life i should of done. 572. were so unusual but very exciting 349. Australia, my place of origin, is so far away. 72. 576. I will not get paid for the article in the paper. Thank you for your attention and consideration. I was born in 19-49 and in my teenage years used to listen to radio Luxembourg a lot. sponsored by Horlicks, with my uncle. I was living in Germany near Trier as a third grader when the Berlin Wall went up. stuur ik die graag naar je op, oud materiaal maar wel erg leuk !! Bastad, Sweden (06/02/2010). What was he doing there? USA (02/04/2002). noch ein englisches gab !!!! 4 October 2019 The Beatles Abbey Road has returned to #1, 1 9 5 7 1 9 6 9 (Australia) Melbourne radio announcer, 2,000-year-old Chinese sorcerer David Lo Pan (James Hong), In the near future, the survivors of a nuclear war have created, These long, toothy hair accessories made your skimpy little, 1 9 9 1 (UK) 6 x 30 minute episodes Robert Neilson (John Gordon, Radio 1, the BBC's pop music station, began broadcasting on 31 August 1967, with Tony Blackburn spinning Flowers In The, In our fast-paced modern world, it's important to have an escape to the gentler, more carefree world of our childhood, In November 1964 a 780-ton former WWII minesweeper named MVGalaxy anchored three-and-a-half miles off the Essex coast and became home, The first Britishpirate radio station, Radio Caroline, was founded by Ronan O'Rahilly in 1964 - he chose the name of, In Britain, Radio 1 andTop of the Popsbegan in the Sixties, but by 1970 the Disc Jockeys (or DJ's) had, Led by Riss Chantelle (formerly known as Iris Lana), British girl groupThe Chantellescut some high-quality material in the mid-1960s, made, The Fortunes began life as a Birmingham-Welsh vocal trio fronting The Cliftones - whose repertoire was based around easy-listening songs, Singer Christian (John) Gaydon, keyboard player Mike d'Abo, guitarist John Baker, bass player David Wilkinson and drummer James Rugge-Pricewere abunch, Brian and the Juniors (Swallows Juniors). Columbia SC ()26/10/2009). I thought that you would be the perfect person to give me a bit of advice. Hi guys, Every time i see the name Radio Luxemburg, I always have a little smile to myself! Authorization is only required to store your personal settings. Zelfs (met richtantenne 13 hoog) via de Horst Pauling 708. Keiner konnte mir diese frage bisher beantworten. I have about 12 good quality full one hour recordings of Luxembourg shows in mp3 format including the whole very last hour from December 92, the rest are 1978 - 1981 shows including Steve Wright!. Mr Robert. Thanks. Jim Perry Ferry Blokzyl What an amazing site memories flooded back. My hero was Stuart Henry and I got to meet him with his wife too. Many thanks When I arrived at Bitburg,Germany (Aug.1969), I bought a radio and search the band for station and found radio Lux. 49. Reading your website made me want to get back into radio again. So glad to hear that Radio 208 is back on the air. At that time I lived in Croatia (Zagreb) (Formerly yugoslavia) and the nights with you, were window to the world. anyhow, I was lucky, I had a choice of FM stations to listen to, but luxy was kind of exoctic, so I insisted on bending my ear, to listen to it! It used to annoy me heaps when the reception faded. Louisville, Kentucky, USA (20/12/2001). and the other fellows who were regularsback then? Great site and greatest memories. Posted in. 843. In late July or early August 1964 I attended a recording to Sunday Night at the Cavern visiting Liverpool. This is a long shot, but I wondered if there were any searchable Radio , Top pops, Pops till midnight, Sam Costa's Corner, Teen and Twenty Disc Club, David Jacobs Show, The Peter Murray Show, Brian Matthew's Pop parade, Simon's Scene. on this part of the stations history, or point me in the direction of anywhere that can help me. !1 und von da an gab's fr mich nur I'm a yank that spent six wonderful years with the USAF in England,in the late '50s and early 60's. Alastair Gray Ocala, FL US (22/12/2005). The hours I spent listening to 208 under the bedclothes on my first tranny, A bright red Ultra Globetrotter. UK (27/02/2003). Toronto, Ontario, Canada (19/11/1999). Hi Dick, many thanks for your great site. Eindhoven, Nederland (04/11/2011). James H. Temperly station religiously, with my transistor radio under my pillow, all Have you ever seen the better radio station in the world?! 703. I came accross these web pages quite accidentaly, however it reminded me to sixties when, as teenager, wouldn't go to bed till 3am listening every night Station of the stars. Hollywood, Florida (29/11/2001). I 1939 blev udsendelserne afbrudt af 2. verdenskrig, og under 2. verdenskrig blev stationen benyttet af Grossdeutscher Rundfunk til nazistiske propagandaudsendelser, og efter verdenskrigen nogle r af Voice of America. And it doesn't surprise me. Just found Radio Lux play back and burst in tears did I really grow up with this icon of splender. Charles Pettit My father was stationed in Germany from 1965-68. Groetjes aan alle zeezender fans. As A US Military Brat, I first listened to Radio Luxembourg when my father was stationed in Bitburg / Spangdahlem in 1958/60. Louisiana (18/11/2001). 715. Sir JIMMY SAVILE, OBE KCSG 848. In June of 1978 I arrived at Prum Air Station Germany, I found Lucky, Radio Luxemburg and was a listener of the night time English broadcast for 2 years. Great web site, its given me lots of happy memories! robert spooner London (20/11/2007). nothing like it now. From October till April reception was fine on 208 meter. Bremen/Germany (04/03/2007). This radio station was the ONLY radio station. Comments. Hannover, Germany (23/07/2000). May your new idea do the same to people today like the old one did, then you have changed the world a little better. I had been trying, for some time, to find out the title/artist of the 'end tune' played in the 60's. 447. . Best regards I would listen for hours until their closedown. placing this link on the net. My very best wishes to you and any of my excolleagues who may happen to come across this entry (that is, of course, if you decide to include it). The jingles were good. Almere, Netherlands (11/12/2006). 29. And a table with buttons; as the gong. It's a shame that R.Lux is targeted at the UK only on 7295kHz SW in Digital Radio Mondiale format(DRM). ATTRACTION - LAST NIGHT A DJ SAVED MY LIFE, Egerlnder Blasmusik, Ltg. 388. For me Radio Luxembourg was really the thing that made me lucky. Jackie Carvill A truly wonderful site, brought back so many happy memories, you have brought a tear to my eyesmy evenings as a young child on Tyneside in the early 1960s, listening to Luxembourg under the bed coversthe tunes from the 1962 chart made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up! Happy trails( One day, a nobleman came across her in a forest glade and begged her to be his wife. Anthony Perkins 395. Mike Hollis' last words certainly brought a lump to my throat and when I have listened again, it still does. 16. I remember fondly listening to Radio Luxembourg from the U.S. Stoke Mandeville, England. O. Babka Nevertheless, many of the program shows I loved, like the Alen Freeman Show, or the Battle Of The Giants. Many thanks for taking me back to my wild youth days. 64. John Escreet One of my clients is Your site's a wonderful tribute to a truely great radio station! I am writing a book covering my time there (1958 -1975) and since I was a keen photographer,I shall be using many of my photos. Mike Spiers Please mail me back. Can you tell me please who was played this In mindere mate Luxemburg en Mi Amigo in 1975. 450. Bob Walker I discovered the English night programme of Radio Luxembourg in 1966 with my small transistor pocket radio. Hi Dick, Mats Elfstrm There is still a market for the radio. later met Zaki, Mike Verdrengh, Peter van Dam, Frans van der Drift enz. Frinton on sea Essex UK (19/08/2006). denn ich bin immer noch auf der mono valve tape recorders. Georgia, USA (22/11/2000). It changed shortly afterwards of course! 579. Great site with good memorabilia. Portland, Oregon (15/08/2005). Clecveland USA (19/12/2005). Swansea, South Wales (30/012003). rough I thought it was great to pick up During the day, we would listen to London and Caroline, and as the signals were very weak, we had to take it in turns to put our fingers over the aerial hole at the back which seemed to improve the reception!!! I've been trying to find the name of it so I can get a recording but to no avail! I was 17 years old when I arrived John Ivar Bjrkaas The dutch service of Luxembourg was even more boring (Jos Brink brrr). Saint Petersburg, Russia (30/12/2005). Now we had to go to the second floor. Ewan O'Doherty Hungary (08/03/2004). Anthony The Radio 208 was a fountain for every young rock-guy to talk about the Top Twenty to feel about the pop music, we loved Luxy. Radio Luxenbourg was a good friend with a lot of music, jingles and DJs during my teenager nights Story and other infos about the Radio are new and interesting for me. We recommend to enable all cookies to guarantee the website properly work.
Joint Commission Oxygen Cylinder Storage 2020, Why Was Madonna Not Credited In Die Another Day, Articles R