It's just one post in the social media life of McCue, also known as Captain Kate . The captain is responsible for making sure that the ship is secure at all times and that there are adequate security measures in place to protect the passengers and crew from any potential threats. The average salary for a Captain is $78,523 per year in United States, which is 139% higher than the average Celebrity Cruises salary of $32,798 per year for this job. She welcomed people onboard then said - when I find the purse I put my keys in we will get sailing! The captain should stay on board for as long as possible ensuring that all passengers and crew are evacuated safely in the event of such an emergency. Learn how her father inspired her to think bigger, leading her to become the first American female captain of a major cruise ship. Nikola Petrovic on Instagram: "The Trophy Wife & so DAMN proud of my # During her time at the university, she landed an internship for Chiquita Brands International working on one of their cargo ships. She is also in charge of nearly 1,200 crew members onboard, along with ensuring passengers follow local laws when docked in foreign ports. Staff Captain Vangelis reaches a milestone with his 500th maneuver! Another source of salary data is from Payscale which indicates a ship captains average salary at US$ 96,347 a year. mfs2k, September 6, 2022 in Celebrity Cruises. Captain Kate has proven that women can successfully take on leadership roles in the industry even at the relatively young age of 37 (when she first became captain of the Celebrity Edge in 2015). However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. A newly qualified captain with little experience can expect to earn much less than a captain who has been sailing the seas for many years. I resemble that question answering style IRL! Captain Kates salary is likely to be in the region of $200,000 per year which is the upper end of what a cruise ship captain can earn. McCue spent months at sea due to the Covid-19 pandemic. 2. There werent stripes, there werent positions, it was in the end 80 people that just knew each other as family. The captain may not deal with these issues first-hand, but its their responsibility to ensure the crew in the relevant departments are adhering to the rules and regulations as required. One is that she has, in a very short period of time, become perhaps the most. Captain Kate McCue's Maritime Career. WCW: Captain Kate McCue | Breach Bang Clear Crazy, right? Thanks for the #HornWars, gents! MITAGS on LinkedIn: Who is Captain Kate McCue? I felt like I had to do my job 100% but then I also had to do this representing of being a female. | But when you ask me. The question is was she really qualified or just a token. Captain Karin Stahre-Janson, from Sweden, became the first female. The two share quarters attached to the main control center of the ship. Why do Florida residents receive cruise discounts? Kate McCue, captain of the 2,918-passenger Celebrity Edge, is the first American female captain of a mega cruise ship. She recalls back when she worked at Royal Caribbean, and first became staff captain second in command on the ship. Your email address will not be published. McCue is a trailblazer and pioneer in the cruise industry - breaking the gender barrier and proving that women can take leadership roles in the same way that men can. Have you ever wondered how much a cruise captain makes a year? While there are usually other officers who can take over in the event of an emergency, the captain is still responsible for the ship and its passengers. Twenty-five years later, McCue, 37, has realized her dream. This is a huge honor for any captain. When she became the commanding officer of Celebrity Summit in 2015, it was the first time that an American woman had been named captain of a "Mega" cruise ship. A perfect example of this is Captain Kate McCue who has amassed nearly half a million Instagram followers. Cruise passengers have gone home, but the crews that looked after them are still stuck at sea. While one is on vacation, the other captain takes over. As Celebrity Cruises and other U.S. based cruise lines begin to resume operations, the captain of the Celebrity Edge created a stir earlier this week when a cruise related website posted a video on its Facebook page of what the captain described as an UFO cruising right over the ship. Captain Kate McCue Is a trailblazer in the maritime industry, and is the first American female to take the helm of a mega cruise ship, but she is so much more! Housekeeping Pay Housekeepers and cabin stewards are entry-level ship jobs. It was important for me to stay as long as I could to make sure that the 1,350 crew members that we had on Celebrity Edge and all of the crew members that we had in our fleet in the Caribbean that we could get off, did get off.. This made her the first American woman to captain a mega ship (she was not the first woman, but she was the first from the USA). Will we still have a great time if she's not the Captain? She enjoyed her time sailing around Alaska, Asia, Australia, the Mediterranean, and the Middle East. #celebritybeyond @celebritycruises #cruise #ship #crew #wedding #valentinesday #tradition #love, People come & go [12], Learn how and when to remove this template message, California State University Maritime Academy, "First American woman to captain cruise ship", "Get That Life: How I Became the First American Female Captain of a Megaton Cruise Ship", "Evans native becomes first woman cruise ship captain in the US", "How I got my job travelling the world", "How the Top Women at Celebrity Cruises Are Sailing Through Gender Barriers", "EXCLUSIVE: Kate McCue to captain new Celebrity Beyond cruise ship marking career 'culmination', "What It's Like to Be a Female Cruise Ship Captain", "Cruise kitty makes the cutest first mate", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kate_McCue&oldid=1133491106, This page was last edited on 14 January 2023, at 02:02. The position pays $1,800 to $2,200 a month, gratuities included. Captain Kate McCue, 43, will embark on a new leg of her career on the Celebrity Beyond, captaining the ship which is expected to launch in April 2022. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I almost felt it was a bit unfair, because the men, when they were promoted, they got to do their job. To become a cruise captain, you will need a masters degree in maritime studies and 10 to 15 years of experience working in various positions on ocean vessels. Additionally, Kate McCue has obtained online fame with over 3.5 million followers on her TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram channels. She completed a degree in business administration in addition to studying celestial navigation during her spring break. You'll have a first glimpse at one of the magnificent Edge Villasultra-luxurious accommodation spanning two decks, complete with private plunge pool and floor-to-ceiling glass. He also has a popular Instagram account although he has far fewer followers than his wife. Cruise week report: New AmEx offer, best cruises for first-time cruisers, guide to gratuities and more! In 2015, Kate accepted the role of commanding officer for the Celebrity Summit. Captain McCue was also the first commanding officer to sail from a U.S. port following the pandemic shutdown, which left the cruise industry crippled for 15 months. From regulations and closures of countries around the world and situations that were popping up you couldnt have written a Hollywood script that could include all of the things that were coming at us, says McCue. MIAMI, Oct. 14, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Exciting news today, as Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo announced Captain Kate McCue, the first American female cruise ship. The exact amount can vary depending on several factors, including experience, the size and prestige of the ship, and more. 2. like an octopus to the face. In 2015, Kate McCue made history when she became captain of the Celebrity Edge at the age of 37 years old. Offering these words of wisdom and acting as a role model for other young female seafarers is important to McCue, but she hopes one day itll be redundant. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Thank you to all the Staff, Officers & Crew who went above & Beyond to make this day so special for 2 of our own! Countdown to Celebrity Beyond | Celebrity Cruises Not only is she the first American female captain of a mega cruise ship, but she has sought to modernise the somewhat stuffy role traditionally played by a ships captain. She graduated with a degree in business administration while also studying celestial navigation during summer breaks. Bear in mind the Payscale stats are based on ship captains and not specifically cruise ship captains, but we can expect the earnings to be in the right ballpark as they are on par with the Comparably stats. She is incredibly well respected within the industry and has broken new ground for women in cruising. Including gratuities, total compensation for an assistant waiter position ranges anywhere from $900 to as much as $2,200 a month; experienced dining room waiters can earn upward of $3,200 a month. Kate McCue net worth and salary income estimation - People Ai The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". She fondly remembered her father supporting her decision but informing her to dream bigger. The role of the cruise ship captain is a highly responsible and demanding one, with many different duties and responsibilities including the safety of the ship, its crew, and passengers. Captain Kate McCue. McCue was additionally the first commanding officer to set sail from a United States port after the pandemic closures. The captain may not deal with the emergency directly, but they will be responsible for coordinating the response and giving orders as necessary. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. She met her husband, Nikola Petrovic, while they were working together on board a Royal Caribbean ship, 13 years ago. Growing up, McCue had aspirations to be a cruise director after she sailed on her first cruise at the age of 12. Read on to see how we arose at these figures and the various factors that influence the amount.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'cruiseshiptraveller_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_9',106,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-cruiseshiptraveller_com-medrectangle-3-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'cruiseshiptraveller_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_10',106,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-cruiseshiptraveller_com-medrectangle-3-0_1');.medrectangle-3-multi-106{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:50px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. CRUISE HIVE LTD 2008-2023. None of those were planned with her in mind. No one has ever correctly . (Can it Survive? $49,695 / yr. Captain Kate McCue is the first American female cruise ship captain. Industry Q&A: Captain Kate McCue of Celebrity Cruises Discusses Life Kate McCue is Master of the Celebrity Summit, one of the megaton cruise ships operated by Celebrity Cruises. how frequently it posts videos, and the total watch time of its content. She earns additional income from her social media channels. So, we put that out in the world. And whether people love it or not, that wasnt really my concern. Captain Kate McCue: Sailing out of Port Everglades on that very first voyage, it was every emotion you could think of because I personally spent 318 days on board the ship in 2020. To further her education, in 2009 McCue earned a Chief Mate and Masters Licence from the Maritime Institute of Technology and Graduate Studies. Instead, she hangs out in busy areas of the ship and chats with guests as they enjoy their day. Today, Captain McCue is still the only American female captain of any mega ship. Did you encounter any technical issues? #celebritybeyond #cruise #ship #love @celebritycruises @olaeriu.mihai, Exposing our insides, out Captain Kate McCue, America's first female cruise ship captain, takes the helm of Celebrity Beyond SM, the third ship in our groundbreaking Edge Series.The dynamic and decorated captain leads us into a new era of luxury travel on a ship brought to life by a dream team of icons, including multi-award-winning designer Kelly Hoppen, CBE, as well . Exciting news today, as Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo announced Captain Kate McCue, the first American female cruise ship captain, will take the helm of Celebrity Beyond, the company's third ship in its industry-transforming Edge Series debuting in spring 2022. The Celebrity Edge ship has a unique passenger aboard, a hairless cat. Now McCue is at the helm of the newest and largest ship in Celebrity's fleet, The Beyond, which makes its debut in April 2022. The captain of a cruise ship is responsible for the lives of everyone on board as well as the safe operation of the vessel. Captain Kate - Celebrity Cruises - Cruise Critic Community Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Celebrity Edge was the first major line to resume sailing on June 26, 2021. Celebrity Cruises Captain official inquiries: officialcaptainkate@gmail.com. Some may even earn upwards of $200,000 per year while at the other end of the spectrum for small vessels and those newly promoted to the position make approximately $50,000 annually. The captain would also oversee any incidents such as death on the cruise and the use of the onboard morgue. Captain Kate McCue's net worth is estimated to be between $ 1 million and $5 million. Captain Kate McCue on Instagram: "MerMade for Mondays . # McCue then became a logistics manager to Maersk Sealand in Los Angeles, but wanted to return to sea. If I dont do it, how will people see it?. She was born on 6 January 1978 in San Francisco, USA. The captain will also need to deal with any disciplinary issues that may arise amongst the crew. Captain Kate McCue is the first American female captain of a large cruise ship. This includes things like cocktail parties, dinners, and balls. [2], After applying to cruise lines for nine months,[2] she gained a job with Disney Cruise Line in an entry-level position as a third mate. At The Disco $12,248,675 See also Top Youtubers in United States Best in category "Lifestyle" Best in category "Vehicle" Nisreene Atassi: Wow. As Celebrity Cruises and other U.S. based cruise lines begin to resume operations, the captain of the Celebrity Edge created a stir earlier this week when a cruise related website posted a video on its Facebook page of what the captain described as an UFO cruising right over the ship.. Captain Kate McCue originally took short videos of the incident which she posted in June of 2020 (a year ago . but true love sticks The captain is responsible for maintaining the ship to a high standard and ensuring that all aspects of safety and equipment are in good working order. This includes ensuring that there are security personnel on board as well as CCTV systems and other security measures. One of the hardest things is keeping your sign-off date a secret #c Housekeepers and stewards may be aided by assistants who earn between $1,200 and $1,500 a month. Celebrity Cruises has praised Kate for being a trailblazer in her field. Celebrity Edge is one of Celebrity Cruise Lines largest and swankiest vessels. In a recent press release, Celebrity Cruises expressed that McCue has inspired people around the world, from all walks of life, to follow their dreams. Many people ask this question about the money Kate McCue makes from Twitter. McCues following stems from providing people with glimpses of the life of a captain on a cruise ship. In 2015, she was chosen to be the captain of the Celebrity Edge. In general, McCue says shes been able to put her own stamp on her job. Agile Coach - ICP-ACC - Helping businesses focus on delivering work that matters! USA TODAY 0:00 0:44 Capt. Celebrity Cruises captain Kate McCue responds to 'sexist' TikTok user Prior to her time at Celebrity, she had worked as an officer for both Disney Cruise Lines and Royal Caribbean. Captain Kate McCue, a trailblazer, is at the helm as U.S. relaunches cruises In 2015, then-37-year-old McCue became the first female American captain of a megaship. . and must be updated when channel data changes. Female sea captain hits back at troll by correcting his bad grammar Captain McCue became the first American woman to captain . I understood the question as to which ship he is on. On average the ship captains with under 10 years of experience earn on average of US$70,000 to $77,000 a year, compared to those with over 10 years expecting to earn US$98,000. While she attended the California Maritime Academy, she completed an internship for Chiquita Brands International working aboard a cargo ship. Wanna follow Kate McCue's net worth? The Luminaries: Captain Kate McCue Wants More Women to Lead Ships - Insider Speaking to CNN at the height of the crisis, some crew members said they felt abandoned by the cruise lines, amid reports the situation was having an impact on staffs mental health. She was now second in command. We make sure cruisers are fully prepared for their cruise vacation with tips on ships and ports. Kate McCue, the first American woman to command a mega cruise ship, has shattered that stereotype.In 2015, she became captain of Celerity Cruise Lines "Celebrity Equinox" a 122,000-ton, 1041-foot s. $90,303 / yr. Cruise Captain vacations are typically 3 months long so I'd assume BugNaked, her cat, goes home with her. However, it is important to note that not all captains are legally able to perform marriages. Kate McCue, the first American woman to captain a mega cruise ship clapped back at a social media troll with a grammar lesson. Cruise Ship Captain Describes her UFO Encounter - Exemplore An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Celebrity Cruises Salary FAQs How does the salary as a Captain at Celebrity Cruises compare with the base salary range for this job? I am thrilled to introduce Kate McCue on the podcast. As Captain of the ship, McCue is in charge of navigation, operations, safety and passenger service onboard her vessel. For example, a small company that only operates one or two vessels is not going to be able to pay its captain as much as a large corporate company that has dozens of ships. When Celebrity Cruises Captain Kate McCue became the first American woman. Started June 21, 2021, By Does her cat go on vacation with her, or does the cat stay onboard? The captain is in charge of many aspects including navigation, safety, security, maintenance, crew, and passengers. Captain Kate helped take this to the next level when she led the first-ever sailing with an entirely female bridge and officer leadership team aboard the Celebrity Edge (a team of 26 plus Kate). She is currently employed by Celebrity Cruises and is the captain of the Celebrity Beyond. When McCue disembarked in October, only four crew members remained on board Edge and she says they were all working again. There are no limitations but those we place upon ourselves. McCue said to The Washington Post, It took me 19 years to earn that title.". (and How), How to Remember Port and Starboard on a Cruise Ship (15 Ways), How Do Cruise Ships Get Into the Water? That was a pinnacle moment in my career, to be able to be on a ship that was manned by what we called the Oceans 27, says McCue. Deck Officer. It took place, appropriately, on International Womens Day on the 8th of March 2020. . It is the responsibility of the captain to make sure that the ship is prepared for any eventuality. Many people ask about the amount of money Kate McCue makes from Instagram. like waves in the sea, Racking up 500 docking and undocking maneuvers can take decades! Powered by Invision Community. Captains will need to have passed the Federal Maritime Authority captains license exam once they have 10 years of experience. She says Celebrity Cruises went from having a 3% female bridge team when she started in 2015 to over 27% today. The captain of a cruise ship is responsible for making sure that the ship complies with all local and international customs and immigration laws. There are a few things you need to know about Captain Kate McCue, who is currently commanding the Celebrity Edge. Credit: 2021 Captain Kate McCue. The dynamic and decorated captain will usher in a new era for the new-luxury . In fact, there are only a handful of female captains working for the major cruise companies. This is what Valentine's Day is all about! Shes now going to be the captain for Celebrity Cruises newest cruise ship, Celebrity Beyond. Date: March 16, 2022. Net worth is calculated based on the publicly available CPM (cost per thousand views) paid by advertisers. These types of cruises will often pay their captains a little more to account for the extra skills and experience required. Cruise kitty makes the cutest first mate - Yahoo! News They need to have an in-depth knowledge of maritime law and be able to navigate using both modern technology and traditional methods. Captain Kate McCue is a true trailblazer in the Cruising industry. Lily Lines: When men are happiest with their wives' salary This was a historic moment in maritime history and involved a crew of women from around the world representing more than a dozen different nations. Captain Kate McCue Net Worth, Income & Earnings (2023) - StarStat According to Comparably, a cruise ship captain's salary is around $93,328 per year, in a salary range from $48,485 to $180,308. In her childhood, Kate McCue spent time living in Evans, Georgia and Michigan before returning to San Francisco. All of which have cruise ships with the capacity to carry over 5600 passengers. In this instance, captain Francesco Schettino left the ship while passengers and crew members were still on board and ended up being one of the first to reach dry land. Videos. Kate McCue makes waves and history for women at sea - CBS News #celebritybeyond #cruise #ship #hull #art, This well armed little guy still octipi's my thoughts Cruise Ship Deck Names and What They Mean, What is the Draft of a Cruise Ship? In July, she became the first American female captain of a megaton cruise ship . All Rights Reserved. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Kate McCue demonstrates that you can achieve anything that you can imagine. By sheer determination and years of hard work, Kate finally achieved her life-long dream of becoming a ships captain, paving the way for others to follow in her footsteps. In addition to this, the captain will also need to make sure that the ship is compliant with the International Ship and Port Security Code (ISPS) an international maritime security measure that was introduced in response to the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. In 2004, McCue was promoted to first officer for the same cruise line, a groundbreaking accomplishment for a woman. Interestingly they also break down estimated earnings by Pay by Experience Level for Ship Captains. The bridge watch at dusk. The cruise line has publicly acknowledged that Kate provides opportunities for significant changes in the company for gender equality. Its a role that can take years of maritime experience and training to achieve. That was until her father suggested that she might like to drive the ship. In addition to this, the captain will also be responsible for managing the ships paperwork and certificates. The plan was shed work three months on board, and then three months off. REPOST! So she doesnt brace the idea that shes a woman breaking the barriers. Kate transcends simply being a captain; she is a living example of change, diversity, and inclusivity. Kate McCue is the captain of Celebrity Cruises' Celebrity Edge. Passengers onboard Celebritys ships will notice that Captain Kate simply has her name tag as Captain. McCue spent the spring, summer and first days of fall navigating the choppy waters of Covid-19s cruise restrictions and trying to do her best by her staff. I said: Dont worry, Ill be home in two weeks, no problem. Fast forward to seven months later, when I finally signed off earlier this month..
Lily Armstrong Curtis, Sammy The Bull Testimony, Nombres Que Combinen Con Briana, Articles W