Iranians being bombed at will??? An interesting breakdown of Americas national debt. And I know the USA seems to have more fruit-cakes that believe these. Ammunition depots. To Decimate is as you put Dave 1 in 10 ,50% is half which is Dimidium, Cheers Tommo my googlefu is poor however, my google translate fu was non-existent , Over the last third of a century the pollies have dimidiumated the British Army . But do we have the money or willingness in the population to spend what money we have on defence rather than health or social services for example? Europe? Sorted. There are thoughts elsewhere that these ships may, initially, be heading to Syria in order to collect troops and equipment for redeployment. 11:10 GMT 19 Jan 2022 it was not to long ago that a few Russian soldiers died in a Russian barracks collapse, dont believe your own hype, and considering the Ukraine people are fighting for its independence, where they are stationed does not matter. While the oil tanker Kama turned on its AIS tracker, the frigate Admiral Gorchkov kept it off to stay under the radar. Didnt Bidens Son in law have an interest in the Ukraine (monetary) ? UK politicians have been cutting our forces (numerically) once or twice a decade since the end of the Korean War, ie over the last 70 years, not just the last 30 years. 'We have information that indicates Russia has already pre-positioned a group of operatives to conduct a false flag operation in eastern Ukraine,' she said. (apologies for the convoluted English there!). It is very obvious where they are going, staring you right into your eyes!! Moscow could launch an attack on Ukraine from Crimea and seize territory up to the Dnieper River that could serve as a natural barrier against any Ukrainian counter-offensive, said Konrad Muzyka, director of the Poland-based Rochan consultancy. UK and Japan sign huge defence deal in warning to Russia and China, Putin publicly humiliates Kremlin lackey for 'fooling around', Vladimir Putin announce the frigate would depart last week with missiles on board, Vladimir Putin praised the ship's strength as it sailed off on its journey, Dmitry Medvedev warned the United States Russian missiles would soon be close to NATO's shores, St. Petersburg warehouse 'turns to ashes' after overnight mystery fire, Russian doctors urge Putin to 'stop abusing' Alexei Navalny, Vladimir Putin braced for Kremlin 'ultra-nationalists' mutiny, West puzzled after Putin evacuates warships and submarines from region, UK tanks to cause 'real problems' for Russia on Ukrainian frontline, Army poised to send 'game-changing' tanks to Ukraine to smash Russia, Before and after maps show Russia's territorial losses in Ukraine, Cleverly under pressure over German spy - Britain battles 'silent war', Putin replaces 'General Armageddon' after three months in top job, Mask slips as Xi's true relationship with Vladimir Putin exposed, EU oil ban axes 140 MILLION a day to Putins war chest, Potential sites for RussianChinese moonbase near lunar south pole. But Russia? Merkel should not have abandoned Germanys nuclear power generation capability, and become so reliant on Russian gas. russian dockyards will need to build more tugs. We are in a potentially high risk scenario all it takes is a trigger point. The guided missile frigate Admiral Gorshkov has been. NSM in clear sea lanes, is perfectly suited to keeping enemy at arms length. What you are saying is if the US had pre-positioned a couple thousand troops in Ukraine, it wouldve prevented Putin from planning and then sending 100,000+ troops to the border along with simultaneous exercises across all their armed forces around the globe including this one: https://www.thejournal.ie/russia-missile-test-south-west-coast-ireland-5660829-Jan2022/. Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said the intelligence was 'very credible.'. The situation is quiet at the moment but when Idlib lights up the Russians will be there in force. Australia just signed an agreement with UK Defense minister to dedicate Wharf and logistics to readily accommodate Royal Navy ships basing them selves there . EFP is irrelevant to the Russo-Ukraine situation. Turkeys first dedicated intelligence-gathering ship, TCGUfuk(A-591), was officially commissioned into service at Istanbul Shipyard in Tuzla, Istanbul, on 14 January, smail Demir, head of Turkeys Presidency of Defence Industries (SSB), has announced. Apart from Qaswem Soleimmani. Clever move, and itll be Trumps fault the Russians invade on Bidens watch. 'Clearly the preferable path, clearly the most responsible path and the one that we would prefer, but there is also the path if Russia chooses to renew aggression, of conflict, confrontation and consequences for Russia,' Blinken said. The Americans have just sent their first shipment of Aid to the Ukraine what was sent was classed as LETHAL Aid. Unless we get fair warning and are able to build stuff in advance of a peer to peer conflict it wont matter, as it will be over too quickly. US truckers are heavily non vaccinated. They attack a completely different country miles from that one? "Despite the increase in Russian activity, both on the surface and underwater, we are always ready to respond.". And it will be forthcoming if I am wrong as I hope yours will be in reverse. The US CSG in the med training with Italy and Spain no doubt this is positioned close by aswell. Our potential foes are very clever and will exploit gaps. what about nato members bulgaria and romania? ', She said it mimicked the playbook used when Russia annexed the Crimean peninsula, and included social media disinformation to show Kiev as the instigator of violence. The only delusional people are the idiots who think Biden is doing a good job; hes lost Afghanistan, Ukraine next, and probably Taiwan in 2023 when this emboldensRead more . News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. The Ivan Gren-class can transport 40 BTRs or IFVs and 300 troops. Earlier this year, Vladimir Putin said the 135-meter-long frigate would sail for the Atlantic, the Indian Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea with the latest generation hypersonic cruise missiles on board. It is certainly andy reeves again! Normally theres maybe half a dozen ships of the coast of California waiting to be unloaded, last I heard it was over 70. Certainly surprised Germany seems so acquiescent about potentially putting itself back on the front line with only Poland as that buffer again. We should grant him that and make it a reality. People always seem to vastly underestimate the effectiveness of a medium gun. The conclusion was that Tiger stood the better chance due to her 6 turret being mostly electrically powered rather than hydraulic, like Blakes, so the presumption was shed be more reliable. This stuff was going on long before sites like this were around to report it in the public domain. You must have access to a higher level of intel than me then. Yes, have to agree, Gallipoli wasnt one of our finest ever ventures. Exact date yellow weather warning for snow and ice forecast to hit UK - will you be affected? I have lost count how many times I have read about explosions in Iran over the past two years or so. Putin is getting old and hybrid warfare is fruitful but getting boring. SMs dont spend a lot of time having needless conversations with their controlling authority. Yeah easily mistaken for Japanese torpedo boats a few thousand miles off course. A distraction for poor ratings at home possibly. Broker a deal to have Russian military bases in their country. Agreed. Morning Douglas. Count on enhancing economic & financial cooperation. This is a normal response to transiting warships from other nations., Russian amphibious assault flotilla to transit English Channel. Russia is allied with Iran, need I say more. Hi Robert. The same Russian warship has since conducted military drills in the Norwegian Sea, the Russian defence ministry announced. You are just gaslighting everyone Douglas and sowing division because you cant admit you are wrong: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/01/19/statement-from-press-secretary-jen-psaki-on-russian-aggression-towards-ukraine/, Thanks Douglas. Resources, they have plenty of their own. Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles. I somehow doubt it. America last night warned the Kremlin of 'massive consequences' as its top diplomat flew to Europe for last-ditch talks aimed at averting war. Thats what I was thinking, but invading Ukraine probably isnt allowed under international law. Russian warship with 'unstoppable' 7,000mph hypersonic missiles 'sails Times where unity is needed he takes EU presidency and is calling for the EU to do their own deal with Russia. Or how much BS the kremlin comes up with, I think RT chat forum is your home you have many friends there Ivan lol. The diplomat hit out at Germany for failing to match Britain's offer of military aid, with Berlin preferring to focus on the threat of sanctions. His views were backed by Labour leader Keir Starmerwho tweeted on Saturday: To protect our values and our security we must be steadfast in our opposition to Russian aggression. Russia is flexing its muscles in Britains back yard after ten warships arrived off the UK coast, the Chief of the Defence Staff has warned. To all and intents you could be correct, but heres the rub he is a dictator in all but name. The Sentinel 2 satellite image, taken at 11:47 local time, shows at least 14 vessels. The jams at US West Coast ports have been due to the global supply chain being out of whack. 36 minutes ago. The US Putting a small number of troops in Ukraine is a line in the sand a powerful symbol of intent to the Russians of repucussions if they invade. There is also a chance of that senario, Trouble is it is Trumps policies towards NATO ( even threatening to leave it) and distaste for Europe that has given the impetus to Putin to try this on. There are plenty of other tough choices we need to make in order to solve climate change, I know but what really gets my goat, are the people who whi ge about C C then drive their kids to school, in those bloody 44 SUVs and the School is within walking distance. If the US had done this early enough the Russians would have back off. I am very much older than 25 and I find her far more grown up than most actual grown ups. Defence Forces monitoring Russian warships acting unusually off Irish "These aircraft posed no immediate threat to HMS Defender, but some of these manoeuvres were neither safe nor professional," Britain's Wallace said. If anybody wants to do a deep dive into the political corruption the FBI has to tackle, I recommend bookmarking/following ericgarland on Twitter. When you consider bang for buck (price index), how long until Chinas defense budget alone will be equal? Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). Ill think you well find Im disagreeing with a nut job who thinks Salisbury was a UK government conspiracy lol. During its 2008 war with Georgia, Russia bristled at U.S. warships operating in the Black Sea, and in April the United States cancelled the deployment of two warships to the area. I think it is sad that Biden never got a shot at the Presidency a decade ago. Yes theyve probably done more to modernise than laggards such as Argentine or Germany, but in conventional terms the European members of NATO alone could militarily contain Russia without Americas help. But the Ukrainian ambassador to the UK, Vadym Prystaiko, called on extra help from Western powers. Trump was an idiot and poor president. US Secretary of State Antony Blinken will meet Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Wednesday before holding talks with his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov in Geneva on Friday in the latest attempt to defuse the crisis. Russian forces could expand the fighting in Donbass to draw Ukraine into a conventional conflict, said Neil Melvin, director of International Security Studies at the RUSI think-tank in London. The region has been on a knife-edge since the end of last year when Moscow moved as many as 100,000 troops, as well as tanks and missiles, close to the border. The Marshal Ustinov, a large cruise missile ship, is one of a. Global Britain is an illusion. 'Our strength depends on preserving our unity and that includes unity within Ukraine. Assassinations of nuclear experts. https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2021/03/17/us-navy-set-to-take-delivery-of-the-latest-version-of-its-tomahawk-missile/. faster working shipyards would help. I really cant believe he wants to invade Ukraine. The White House corrected the off the cuff remark from the long press conference. We printed something like 45 billion sterling to deal with the pandemic yet fail to commit to proper spending to save our own planet. Russian warships have been pictured off the coast of Britain, en route to a suspected bolstering of the bombing campaign on the besieged Syrian city Aleppo.. Royal Navy vessels were closely . slow not stealthy the bocks the UK has have quite limited onboard electronics. You are right. A Russian military ship armed with hypersonic missiles has sailed through the Strait of Dover, the narrowest part of the English Channel - only a few miles away from the English coast. Initially other then a echo sounder suite for navigation which is a safety requirement, there are no current plans for a ASW fit on the T31s, for the reasons you have stated. The result is a net drop in drivers. , updated Boris take a private plane back to London from a climate summit in order to get to a party thrown by a conservative party donor .. is that not more irritating than a child asking the adults toRead more , the swedes attitude to defence equipment and production is very good. It is a show of force and plans for a possible invasion. Since then its been regular movements in/out as the Russian military cycled as many as possible through Syria for the experience. Where do they and other countries replace it from? Ties between London and Moscow have been on ice since the 2018 poisoning with a Soviet-developed nerve agent known as Novichok of ex-double agent Sergei Skripal, a mole who betrayed hundreds of Russian agents to Britain's MI6 foreign spy service. Britain's BBC released footage from the ship showing a Russian coast guard warning that he would shoot if the British ship did not change course. See reply above. 'The different scenarios for how exactly Russia might seek to persuade the West to meet its (security) demands by punishing Kyiv don't even necessarily include a land incursion,' he said. The warship is feared to be loaded with 7,000mph hypersonic missiles with a range of over 600 miles. Their fears of nuclear led them to basically willingly put puppet strings on a number of important decisions the country will have to make. I suspect if we dont show strength and unity now the fighting will inevitably come to us. I think most would agree Trump was a very poor President and Joe Biden has not covered himself in glory. return to the tri nations agreement of 1899!! In new training drills yesterday, three dozen Russian warplanes including Su-34 fighter-bombers, Su-25 attack aircraft and MiG-31 fighter-interceptors flew from airfields in Perm, Krasnoyarsk,. Thats if of the few Astutes we have arent already chasing their own Oscars or Yasen. This alone would send a message and along with the news that an Ohio class arsenal boat is currently sunning of Cyprus when normally the whereabouts is secret says alot. Tobias Ellwood said Russian President Vladimir Putin was taking full advantage of a weakened West. Donald Trump says only he can prevent a Third World War, China sets modest economic growth target of about 5 per cent for 2023, Police granted extra stop-and-search powers after schoolboy stabbed, Prince Harry: A lot of us in Army didnt necessarily agree or disagree with war in Afghanistan, Rishi Sunak to host Coronation Big Lunch at Downing Street, Project Fear authors discussed when to deploy new Covid variant. Indeed you wouldnt need ships to eliminate those ducks as you wouldnt in the Dardanelles if they ever got in a pickle there either as Britain found out before the Gallipoli campaign became a hasty if equally ill fated alternative. I stand by my comments and time will tell. A lot older but the modern B52 is like triggers broom. the Poles keep shtum about their involvement, unlike the Balts who declare it openly. Later versions have much better electronics and sensors developed with Israel. "If you don't change the course, I'll fire," a heavily accented Russian voice said in English to the British ship. Sweden has also been reinforcing its forces on the island of Gotland in case the Russians attempt anything there. Supplying intel and light weapons will not change the outcome much , Russia will win regardless of the losses shell receive. Ok we fought for repression of all subjugated Countries including the German folk who were under the heel of the Nazi jackboot. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. Russia has brought in new forces to Crimea, which it annexed from Ukraine in 2014. https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/2018/02/chechen-military-police-return-syria-russia.html. So were Western economies corrupt, going back in time. Even so, Ukraine's Defense Ministry said it was accelerating its plan to form reserve battalions, a move that would help it rapidly deploy 130,000 recruits to bolster its 246,000-strong armed forces. Some operating virtually continuously for a couple of years or more on a return trip every month. Whats the Latin 50% because decimate is only 1 in 10 (10%). In Moscow, Russia summoned Ambassador Deborah Bronnert for a reprimand over what it said were Britain's "dangerous" action in the Black Sea - while foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova accused London of "barefaced lies". Correction. If a shooting war were to start, the Astutes would be at sea ready to start shooting, its what they are for, granted we dont have enough of them, a situation that wont be rectified until SSN(R) comes of the pipeline at the earliest. View our online Press Pack. get her back in dock and rebuild her from the inside out. General Carter, who joined the Royal Green Jackets in 1977, has been head of the armed forces since June 2018. If you remember in WW2 GERMANY wanted to invade us, and we used means of blow up tanks etc to deter them. Erm, theres certain CO of a T23 on TV at the moment who disagrees with you not to mention Radakin hgiving HoC evidence, I havent see the show, so Ill take your word on it, Surely if Russia invades Ukraine theres gonna have to be big increases in defence and security spending were gonna have to reinforce all Eastern European alliance members for that matter any country world wide that feels threatened buy any powerful country, Hi Geordie, Youd think so. That was not my point: NATO has antied up and put boots on the ground, who are prepared to fight. The Ropucha-class landing ship can transport 10 main battle tanks and 340 troops or 12 BTRs and 340 troops or 3 main battle tanks, 3 2S9 Nona-S, 5 MT-LBs, 4 army trucks and 313 troops or 500 tons of cargo. Any toys the RN requires would magical appear on the Quay side, and the funds suddenly available. I meant a small number combat troops postured to help the Ukranians defend themselves. (NATO will do nothing without US Support) Alternatively, NATO could station aircraft in Ukraine bordering countries and work with the Ukrainian AF to secure Ukraine airspace again daring Putin to attack NATO Aircraft. Complex rules of engagement, and a pretty good chance you wont hit the intended target. See today's front and back pages, download the newspaper, order back issues and use the historic Daily Express newspaper archive. We live and learn. The talks between the two diplomats came just a day after Russia unveiled plans for naval drills involving more than 140 warships and more than 60 aircraft, seen as a show of strength. Agree but the Russians view is that any weapon in hand can be used against an enemy and therefore gets kept. The ships have included a surfaced submarine, a destroyer, a corvette and a patrol ship along with their supporting tugs and supply ships travelling in the English Channel, Celtic Sea and the West Coast of Scotland. [However] when youre up against a determined opponent on the battlefield you have to go close and personal with your enemy. He sees weakness and disharmony and a split America with half the voters seeing thier Country as an island totally ignorant of what losing Europe would mean to the US position in the World. Whether hell succeed with his military distraction where General Galtieri failed with this strategy is open to question. They can receive Comms 24/7 without having to come to PD, they do not surface to receive Comms, so no difference between a ship receiving an update or a SM. 'Grateful for [US's] political & security support. SPEAR 3 will have a small warhead, but it will be very accurate. Plus, RN experience has taught us we use helicopters in the littoral with Stingray, Martlet and Sea Venom, and hunter killer boats for larger warships. Leading to our militaries being optimised for fighting second rate foes. Britain disputed the Russian version of events, with Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab calling it "predictably inaccurate". We have got troops there, albeit only a small number in a training and advisory role still complicates the plot for Putin. Our carriers will only come intoRead more . By teatime at least during the cold War the surface arm of the RN was given 7 days before lights out 6 days more than the RAF , only the Army faired better indefinitely if resupplied ? Well on your point about coming to Ukraines aid in any meaningful way, I would disagree to an extent. If it doesnt conform to the official line it gets spiked. There is currently another Russian flotilla heading for the Med, this time the flagship cruiser and escort from their Pacific Fleet. It requires us to hold their backyard at risk, whether thats in the Barents Sea, the High North, the Baltic or the Black Sea.. It said Russia had deployed 36 Iskander launchers, weapons capable of hitting targets up to 700km away, near Ukraine and said the medium-range missiles that could be used to 'destroy vital objects'. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. The German government even went so far as to brief journalists on Tuesday that cutting Russia off from international banking systems - the so-called 'nuclear option' of sanctions - was off the table, prompting angry denials from Washington. So will Taiwan. JSM is also getting a version of BAes RF receiver, that is one of the primary sensors on the LRASM. You forgot Estonia which is British led! The 210-sailor warship left the port of Murmansk in northwestern Russia on January 6 for the Lofoten Islands in the Norwegian Sea. Just do what I do and refer to wikipedia according to which the class was commissioned between 1975 and 1991. He then moves on to Berlin and will also hold talks with France and the UK. A senior State Department official said: 'This is neither an exercise nor normal troop movement. They now believe they have achieved their goal and no longer have to bowRead more , Err no. It was not immediately clear what equipment would be arriving today. I cant imagine we would though, as it could cause an incident in the channel. The conflict in Donbass has killed 15,000 people, Kyiv says. However, the IDF has a long standing policy of refusing to confirm or deny allegations ofRead more . Chechen warlord 'seriously ill' but refuses to call Russian doctors I agree that its a risk, but one which they appear to be content to manage.. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. And you dont have to sink a warship to take it out of the fight. Patrol ship HMS Tyne monitored two warships and an intelligence gathering vessel as they carried out replenishment operations with their supporting tanker. The only time there is a difference, is when a SM is deep, sprinting to a new position. At least Ukraine is on a democratic pathway! He told officials the UK stood shoulder-to-shoulder with the Baltic state a Nato ally. Ukraine didnt invent the weapons so im curious how much of them they could have used and ultimately maintained over time. Russia summoned the British ambassador in Moscow for a formal diplomatic scolding after the warship breached what the Kremlin says are its territorial waters but which Britain and most of the world say belong to Ukraine. Russian warship spotted miles from UK coast with hypersonic cruise I have little doubt that corruption in Russia has led to some pretty shoddy construction. Looking to impress on Moscow the need for de-escalation, he and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov decided yesterday 'it would be useful' to meet in person on Friday in Geneva. The oil tanker Kama seems to have followed it, French media reported. In comarison with previous pictures those ships are sailing well loaded. UK could learn a few things by this process and not immediately scrap stuff. At talks this week with the United States and NATO, Russia has sought security guarantees to defuse the crisis. It comes after UK dfence chiefs said yesterday they fear Putin will opt for the 'nightmare scenario' of a full invasion of Ukraine as tensions rise towards tipping point. In his annual Defence speech, General Sir Nick Carter also said it was 'too early to plot the demise of the tank'. Also the Blockade the Atlantic Iceland gap. They are believed to be somewhere around Yemen at the moment. 'Russia invaded territory in the Crimea, ginned up a conflict in eastern Ukraine, and has systematically sought to undermine and divide Ukraines democracy,' Blinken said. The group of vessels, which remained in international. NATO should have gripped the Balts, told them the purchasing would be led by Poland and created a unified equipped group of countries enjoying scale of purchasing. I think Irans aspirations in the region run much deeper than having mild cooperation with Russia. Its a game to stop NATO advancing further east, and a political statement. I have little faith when the top brass commit to building frigates that have no ASW or AsUW capabilities. Id call it a battle group wholly equipped with obsolete AFVs. But what might a Russian attack look like and what could it seek to achieve? In total, the pair saw 14 ships, led by a Russian minesweeper, approach the coast off Odesa and then turn back toward Crimea. Several Squadrons of both Interceptor and Ground Attack aircraft from various NATO nations with beefed up on-ground defences and anti-aircraft units. Or Major joining Carlisle, Osbornes 8 or so jobs, Miliband joining that charity or Blair on his 1M a year+ all for following the US line? Russia seized and annexed the Crimea peninsula from Ukraine in 2014 and considers areas around its coast to be Russian waters. Inspite of their age, the Russian Ropucha class have been fitted with AK-630 CIWS, easily as good as Phalanx. The ships have included a surfaced submarine, a destroyer, a corvette and a patrol ship along. Lots of disinformation out there I dont understand how Trump takes no blame on either side of the Atlantic for signing the peace deal with the Taliban of all groups but Biden blamed on this board with no push back. I really dont disagree with you. General Carter also said the long anticipated Integrated Review of Foreign, Defence and Security policy, now expected in January, will herald the biggest shake-up of the army in a generation. Akin to RAF doing away with Meteor, ASRAAM and sticking to Mauser. As to the vaccine mandate, you are aware of the cross US/Canada border restrictions that came into force today that affect 50% or so drivers and the log jams in US west coast ports? It said: "The crew of the frigate 'Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union Gorshkov' conducted an air defense exercise in the Norwegian Sea. I agree with your 10 year rule. The operation could begin with artillery, missile and air strikes on Ukrainian units in the south, and special forces units might seize bridges and railway junctions, allowing troops and tanks to advance, he said. History shows the wisdom of that comment, it was expressed by Montgomery slightly differently. In a meaningful way I mean putting forces on the ground and in the air. Not sitting, looks like hes on his way to Moscow to have a quiet chat with Sergei Shoigu. Putin has been blowing smoke about NATO having significant forces in countries bordering Russia, but really they are minimal. And T26 will also receive the future cruise/anti ship weapon. A Russian ship that's been off the coast of Hawaii for weeks is
Difference Between Cardinal Virtue And Ethical Virtue, African American Female Doctors In Richmond, Va, Is Mrcp Recognised In Canada, Articles OTHER