Thirteen different models chambered for .17-caliber ammunition are available from Savage Arms. And the rounds I put through it were on top of all the shooting Hornady had already done with it before I received it. Groups ranged in size from 1.1 to 1.9 inches. ThenTRUMP got elected. A CCI Stinger case, which measures 0.100-inch longer than a standard.22 LRcase, was necked down to take a 17-grain, 0.172-inch-diameter bullet. Melbourne Firearms Centre Would you like to advertise your Firearm or Hunting Business here? We show you how. Any .17 HM2 (Mach 2) rifles for sale? - 24hourcampfire The overall average accuracy was 0.65 inch. Save big on a new 17 mach 2. Most semi-auto .22 LRs have a direct blow-back action. Many consumers felt the Mach 2 didn't do anything the HMR couldn't do better. Radial vs. Directional Muzzle Brakes: Which Is Best? ST, 100 Kenna Dr., North Haven, CT 06473; 203-239-5621; www.marlinfirearms.com) as a brand-new design, which is reflected in the sleek new shape of the gun's receiver, but in operation it is very similar to the .22-caliber Marlin Model 795. While a large share of the rimfire market is absolutely dominated by the .22 Long Rifle cartridge, other offerings have been developed in more recent times with one of the most modern rimfire cartridges being the tiny .17 HM2 (.17 Hornady Mach 2). Toppped w/Tasco scope & comes w/1 additional SS magazine. MSRP: $1,225, Unless youre made of money, this should be your first 17 Mach 2 rifle. They are a ton of fun, rather quiet and the ones I own are VERY accurate. You never know how a gun review is going to turn out until it's finished. Almost brand new Marlin 917MS bolt action rifle in .17 Mach2 calibre. To experience shooting .17 Mach 2 rounds from behind the trigger, we acquired three rifles. They shoot whisper-tiny projectiles the same diameter as the BBs we all loved to pop away with as kids. Barrel - Price: $639.00, Ruger 10/22-FS Tactical (1261) - 22LR - 16.12" Barrel - Black Synthetic Stock - Price: $389.00, Double Action Indoor Shooting Center & Gun Shop, Ruger 10/22-FS Tactical 22LR 16.12 Barrel (1261), Marlin Model 717M2 .17 Mach2 Semiautomatic Rifle. MARLIN 917M2S CALIBER 17MACH 2 - gunsinternational.com I think that would be a perfect hunter. However, since the new year, I have noticed. Editor's Note: This article originally appeared in the January 2021 issue of Gun Digest the Magazine. In the case of 17 Mach 2 (and .17 HMR and .22 WMR), that hairs width of delay lets the pressure curve drop back to earth, and the bolt can safely and reliably cycle in a new round. At the range we discovered that the trigger had a mixture of takeup and creep. There was 0.5 grain extreme spread in weight over all 50, but 45 of those were within two grains of each other. Ships Within 5 to 7 Business Days After Valid FFL is Received. Savage A17 HM2 Review - Guns and Ammo Based on the CCI stinger case, the .17Mach2 is a step up from the .22LR and a step down from the 17HMR performance-wise. The hr1871.com website lists several different series of rifles and at least six different lines that operate from the same basic system. Give a Gift Caliber: .17 Hmr. Fixed studs for attaching a sling were mounted front and rear. The rifle is accurate out of the box and can be improved with a high-quality stock and bedding job. Performance [ edit] The weight of the bullet is a key part of achieving a very high velocity for a rimfire round. But while the .17 HMR boasts a muzzle velocity of 2,550 fps, the propellant capacity of the smaller Long Rifle case yields only 2,100 fps (roughly twice the speed of sound, hence the name Mach 2). Learn how your comment data is processed. We liked this because we didnt want the crosshairs to obscure any more target mass than necessary. If you choose a dealer that is not on our preferred list, either you or the FFL Dealer will be required to submit a copy of the Federal Firearms License referencing your Cheaper Than Dirt! Trusted by military and law enforcement, CZ rifles are crafted with high-quality materials and state-of-the-art technology. From the 50-yard bench the Marlin 917M2 helped us shoot groups ranging in size from 0.6 inches to 1.0 inches across with both the Hornady and CCI ammunition. rimfire necked down to .17 caliber, and it wasnt too long before folks in the ammo business began thinking about other rimfire cartridges ripe for similar treatment. In fact, despite its slender stock and the less than convincing faux checkering, the 917M2 gave us the impression of being a full-size centerfire rifle. Our NEF rifle was about as simple to operate as any rifle can be, but it did have some up-to-date features. Marlin/Glenfield Model 917M2 Parts | Numrich Gun Parts Post and find for free, new and used local rifles for sale, trade and wanted to buy locally online at a made in Montana site. Interesting enough, Hornady labels their ammo with a velocity of 2,100 fps, whereas the CCI is marked 2,010 fps. All the Mach 2 ammo Ive ever put through a chrono runs between 2,050 and 2,200 fps, whatever the gun. The .17 HMR is simply the .22 Mag. Its also a killing bullet. Hunting with the .17 Mach 2 - Gunloads.com Ultimately, the success of any new cartridge depends on the number and choices of rifles in which it is offered. Manual safety. The holes were plugged with blind screws. With products made in America, Ruger offers consumers almost 800 variations of more than 40 product lines, across both the Ruger and Marlin brands. Donation Goal. Run the numbers, and you see the .17 HM2 rises and falls 2 inches to 137 yards or so. Its also worth noting that at 150 and 200 yards, the CCI and Hornady 17-grain offerings punch clean holes in paper with my rifles. The other is the Marlin 717. Select to pick it up at our store or let us mail it to you or your loved one. The Savage does much of the same, but the bolt has a top lug that locks in place and delays the blowback a few critical milliseconds. You have entered an incorrect email address! Sighted-in to hit 1 1/2 inches above point of aim at 50 yards (assuming scoped line-of-sight is 1 1/2 inches above bore), the impact is still 1 1/2 inches high at 100 yards, and about 2 inches low at 150 yards. If you choose an FFL Dealer that is not on our preferred list, you or your FFL Dealer will be required to fax or email us a signed copy of the Federal Firearms License referencing your Cheaper Than Dirt! per page . Three notable things immediately jumped out: Eley: Eley makes some of the very best rimfire ammunition in the world. $31.41. Marlin Firearms 7 Round .22lr/.17 Hornady Mach 2 Magazine, Blued - 71900. If you are unfamiliar with firearms, attend a firearms safety class taught by a certified instructor. 854 0 obj <> endobj 876 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<73B4C51F9DF94DFE98052FBF9FF4D811>]/Index[854 44]/Info 853 0 R/Length 104/Prev 628540/Root 855 0 R/Size 898/Type/XRef/W[1 2 1]>>stream The main, and about the only, complaint I had with the 917 M2S I tested was loading the magazine. From the 50-yard line, the NEF Sportster was the top performer. Well, my review of Marlin's brand-new .17 Mach2 Model 717M2 semiautomatic rifle started out rough but ended up really smooth. Success breeds imitation, and the phenomenal success of the .17 HMR was certain to be followed by similar cartridges. It can also be worked on easily with a little kitchen-table gunsmithing. Vortex Crossfire II 2-732 Riflescope - 3 Models - Best Value for the Money Scope for 17HMR. Overall, the Model 717M2 is a great little autoloader. Please try a new zip code and search again. .17 HMR - Wikipedia But before I get into detailing those results, let's take a close look at the Model 717M2. The scope mount was tall, but the supplied extension had to be mounted on to the tang of the hammer. All told, 10 five-shot groups of each ammo type were sent into USBR targets at 50 yards. The transfer bar fills the gap between the face of the hammer and the firing pin. Shooting at American Shooting Centers in Houston (amshootcenters.com), we began our benchrest session by recording five-shot groups from a distance of 50 yards with each test round. Red cocking indicator. But both the .17 HMR and .17 Mach 2 rifles ship with a Weaver mount in place. Bullet Trajectory Chart .17 HMR .17 HM2 .22 LR .22 WMR - M*CARBO One is the Thompson R55, which was the original gun used to test the reliability of this caliber in a semi-auto rifle. A $16.95 handling fee will be charged per order. Once Heralded .17 Mach II is an Almost Forgotten Rimfire The .17-caliber barrel has four grooves and a right-hand twist rate of one turn in nine inches. 7249 (konusscopes.com). caliber: .17 MACH 2. The 12 month average price is $359.43 new and $195.23 used. How It Shot Rifle: Marlin 917 M2S Average Group Size: 1.010 inches* Ammo Used: Hornady 17-grain V-Max *5 five-shot groups at 100 yd. Bolt-Action (7) Rimfire (3) CZ (3) California Compliant 10rds (8) Caliber. The black synthetic stock was flat across the comb with a thin pistol grip that, like the forend area, offered a traditional pattern of checkering. Commonly loaded with a 17 grain (1.1 g) projectile, it can deliver muzzle velocities in excess of 775 m/s . The widely available CCI VNT, Hornady V-Max and Hornady NTX, plus the recently discontinued CCI V-Max and the long discontinued Eley V-Max, which has been out of production at least 10 years. You have entered an incorrect email address! Marlin 17 MACH 2 BOLT HB SS LAM - 22" Barrel, Synthetic, Fixed Stock. An Ode to the .17 Mach 2 | An Official Journal Of The NRA Residents 6% Sales Tax applicable Shipping $ 35.00 SOLD Rifle Caliber: .17 Mach 2 We found that the $21 Burris Zee rings that worked so well on our other two rifles were too tight for the Weaver mount atop the NEF Sportster. Until recently, finding any ammo for a Mach2 was like searching for hen's teeth. Mikey Hartman, Lt. Col. 17 HMR Rifles | Sportsman's Warehouse I do though want to encourage you to keep looking for one. So what does the .17 Mach 2 have to offer, especially when compared to the faster .17 HMR? Read Their Fine Print!! To find a list of FFL Dealers in your area area CLICK HERE. This high-velocity round fits actions and magazines designed for the .22 LR, so it's an easy barrel-swap upgrade for most rimfire bolt-guns (semi-autos are more complicated). But do you know how to properly use them? We would rank gusting wind as the greatest agitate to accurate long distance shots. CCI VNT: My go-to hunting load surprised me by not printing the smallest groups, as it has done on other occasions in this rifle and others. This was a deterrent to my wanting to buy one of the rifles. Available in different sizes and red dot ready, it'll fit your needs, whatever they are. This is by no means a criticism, because the 917 has a good action that has proved its worth in other Marlin rimfires. Actual buyer must pickup from FFL dealer who will conduct the background check. Our next component needed was an appropriate bolt. Every shot was chronographed with the Labradar system, which recorded the highest, lowest and average velocity, plus extreme spread and standard deviation. . A little round that has interested me alot for years. Featured Ads stick to top of all ad list pages chronologically by category, search and location. Other times they start out slick but get sticky somewhere along the way. Pick up your firearm from the FFL Dealer, who will need to do a criminal and mental health background check. The Mark II FV is a heavy-barreled version, though its not a true bull barrel. .17 Hmr Rifles | Guns | Sportsman's Guide But our test rifle was equipped with a standard action and trigger, which hurt it in this comparison. ), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (flint), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (perc), United States Patent Firearms Revolvers/Pistols, Century Arms International (CAI) - Shotguns. This isn't your grandpa's muzzleloading system. The comb met the shooters cheek with a Monte Carlo-style contour. . This donation drive helps fund Cast Boolits for an entire year, and helps support our 2nd amendment rights! The .17 Mach II (.17 HM2) is based off the CCI Stinger .22 Long Rifle (.22 LR) shell case that has the neck reduced to fit the .17 caliber. This also trimmed its profile for more comfortable carry when slung over-the-shoulder. In fact we shot the Mark II F more than our other rifles if for no other reason than to find out if the trigger would get better or significantly worse. The manufacturer said that this was not a palm swell or similar feature but actually a manufacturing defect. At 2,100 fps, that little bullet ran flat. Marlin Model 717M2 .17 Mach2 - Shooting Times Savage has succeeded with semi-auto rimfires where most others have failed, thanks to their innovative delayed blow-back action. We use cookies to improve your website experience. The Mossberg 500 Pump Action Shotgun is one of the most popular home defense shotguns on the market. Head to the range this week with American Rifleman staff as they discuss a trim little repeater from Savage Arms that comes chambered for the .22 WMR cartridge. I can get an HMR, but the HMR is too much (I prefer not to have to spread my small game on toast). Marlin .17 Mach 2 bolt action rifle - Model 917 for sale This item is currently unavailable. Joseph Von Benedikt visits with Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented demand on the shooting supply industry. Hornady Chief Ballistic Scientist and father of the .17 HM2, Dave Emary, handloads batches of the rimfire for testing. This was heavier than our other rifles, but none of it was wasted on takeup or grit. A sealed envelope containing two single cross-hatch Weaver mounts and slotted screws for mounting were enclosed. Expect 2000-2100 fps with 17 Mach 2 compared to 1250 fps . Extra barrels that change the caliber are available from the factory. Caliber: 17 Mach 2 Remove This Item; Clear All. The magazine body was constructed of five different plates stamped and notched together. The extension can be mounted to provide access from either the left- or right-hand side. Add to cart. The .17 HMR 17 grain bullet drops the slowest and has a much flatter trajectory than the .22 LR. The buttplate was plastic but carried some nice patterning, and it was machined to fit the stock precisely. Guns & Military Artifacts > Day Two Gun Collectors Dream Auction #33 1200 Lots The Barn (Oakey) CZ 452 American left hand boltaction rimfire rifle $990.00 FOR SALE Caliber: 17HMR Condition: VERY GOOD State: Victoria More Details. Its still setting in the safe, waiting for me to finish it. Prices ranged from $7 for the CCI to $11 for the Hornady in our local store. 17 Hm2 the 17 Mach 2, in The Marlin 917, Bull Barrel, Manufacturers have spent a lot of time studying and testing the gas pressure-bolt weight relationship for semiautomatics chambered for the new .17 Mach2. Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 4635 USD (77%) Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! The .17 HM2, or 17 Mach 2, was a joint venture between Hornady and CCI in 2003. Hornady's .17 Mach 2 - Shooting Times The receiver is grooved for scope mounts, and the suggested retail price is $264. With the .17s, the manufacturers dont get this intense, so its on the shooter to cherry pick the most uniform loads. Cannot be shipped to NYC. Save my name and email to use for future comments. Soviet AK-74 . The .17 Mach 2 was specifically designed to work in any firearm that can be chambered for the .22 LR and both cartridges are used for plinking, small game hunting and short to medium range varmint shooting. Guns Rifles Marlin Rifles Modern Bolt Pump Marlin .
How Much Does It Cost To Make A Whopper, What Year Will Sb19 Disband, Vail Sport Test Pdf, Russell And Charlotte Nickelson, Articles OTHER