But usually, these kinds of cards are outliers. Can anyone shed some light on the 1989 Star Co Hensley Meulens (card #99) (St.Petersburg )error. @Nicholas Black fronts are addressed in the article as well as why its hard to gauge values on cards like these. Color being the issue. CBT people are board and getting alts here. What would a card like this be worth and is there a market for something like this? The error on card was also circled. I have 2 95-95 Eric Desjardins upper deck hockey cards. For most collectors, theres a good chance they dont ever encounter one in a pack. I picked up a Topps Ernie Banks error card in a trade about 5 years ago. I did not keep any of these errors and sold them as commons. i just opened a pack of 2000 skybox dominion, i found a doug flutie card with the name patrick johnson on it from the balitmore ravens. It is possible that more than one sheet exists. Putting a gauge on what these sorts of errors are worth is tough. Some of these listed are not traditional errors, but printing flaws. Almost looks like a L, 1 Normal Gray Name and Logo & 1 Dark Charcoal color, 1 Normal Print & 1 Faded Print & "pitcher" half gone, 1 Noral Yellow Banner & 1 Deep Dark Yellow Banners, 1 Normal Card & 1 w Black square inside a Blue Circle next to face, ERR Home Sarasota FL & COR Home Syosset NY, Front is Normal, Back is mis printed / off set, Circle printed i top left corner of stat box, 1 w E* F* next to copyright & 1 w just F* next to copyright, Different Color Red Print in Name & Stat Box, Different color Red print in Name & Stat Box, 1 w White Circle in Yellow under number & 1 Cor / Air Brushed out, 1 Normal Gary Print & 1 Dark Gray / Charcoal Print, Black Box over Marlboro sign, not completely Blacked out, COR, Doug Jones on Front and Bio Stat on back & ERR: Rich Gossage on Front and Jones Bio Stat on Back, Different Color printing in Name and Stat box, 1 Normal Gray card & 1 Dark Gray / Charcoal Print card, 1 with Inc "." If no one else is able, I would appreciate your help tomorrow. Outside the U.S. email me from About page. I also have an Allen Iverson Topps Stadium Club that is not focused. Im think this Jordan I have is possibly a 1/1 and the other few are 1/1s also . (LogOut/ It is a 2013 Topps Ernie Banks Commemorative MVP Plate Card. For a long time, cards were simply printed images and text on card stock. He has been interviewed on Good Day New Mexico and in Albuquerque The Magazine. Prices are updated daily based upon 1989 Topps listings that sold on eBay and our marketplace. Any ideas what to do with card or a value? Topps issued their standard 792-card set in 1989, not counting the various errors and print variations. In attempt to cover, prob 6 variations to this card, Front is off Cut, Back showing Willie Wilson Name, not Joe Carter, 1 Normal Shirt & 1 w Yellow Dot on right chest, 1 COR black topps logo, 1 ERR yellow shadow logo, 1 ERR white shadow logo, 1 Topps Color print & 1 w more O Pee Chee color print, 1 Blue Name Banner & 1 Purple Name Banner, ERR white area behind left foot & COR no white triangle behind left foot, Face Airbrushed / Edited almost Solid Black, Yellow Smudge over right shoulder, Not Airbrushed out, 1 COR Topps Color Story box & 1 ERR back is 1 Solid Color, 1 Topps Color Back & 1 O Pee Chee color print, 1 Topps summary color box & 1 O Pee Chee Color, #455 is Steve Carlton and should be Shawn Hillegas, a 7, Nice Deep 2 printing tracks on top, both front and back. Just curious about. I have twelve leaf, inc. cards missing the point. We use cookies to help personalize content, tailor and measure ads, and provide a safer experience. However, they are also full of players who are now in their respective halls of fame, the cards are necessary parts of many PSA Set Registries and a $5 or $10 investment can still bring hours of enjoyment. With another step comes the possibility of more mistakes. You might take a few moments to rummage through that mess and see if you have this card. Thanks. It was pretty apparent that in 1989 Topps thought they were still living in the days of no marketplace competition, although card companies were popping up all over the place, and their design and quality control was seriously lacking. However, the majority of those that are widely recognized in the hobby come from things like spelling mistakes and wrong photos oops moments that happen before a card heads off to the printer. Just like a lot of other parts of the hobby, it comes down to preference. 29 Most Valuable 1989 Topps Baseball Cards In the World - Inserts and Related Sets Id like to sell it but have no clue where to start. One additional note is I have a #287 Juan Nieves that has a yellow line across the top just above the orange frame on the card that is similar to some of the other printing variations found in the set. Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors. Im thinking I must need the Beckett guide. But . Plus he opted for his nickname Rock on this card, which amplifies his coolness by a factor of 10 at least. A good way to ID market value for your item is to list it on eBay with a high BIN/OBO and see what kind of offers you get. Did you find any versions of the Alicea card that didnt have the E*F* on back? just found Boggs #399 with and without a yellow circle just below his right elbow. A+++, Hurley Warner Hat -GRAY/BLACK - Flex Fit S/M BRAND NEW !!! I dont have any error cards. Which was the cowboy stadium. I have a 1999 Upper Deck MVP Michael The card has a face and other parts of what appears to be Rusty Wallace the race car driver embossed on the front of the card . He's been a baseball card collector since 1988, and is the Founder & Principal of www.radicards.com | Visit the store. VAR: Smaller gap between hat and Future Stars header. I did find however a similar card but of Dan Marino, but thats all. Any info on this would be helpful. I will look into getting one. Is it worth anything? Patrick has a BA in Psychology, a BA in Sociology, and an MBA from the University of New Mexico. Notes - Delivery *Estimated delivery dates include shipping from the seller to the authenticator, authentication time, shipping from the authenticator to buyer, seller's handling time, origin ZIP Code, destination ZIP Code and time of acceptance and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. anyone have pics? This article addresses why its tricky to gauge a value on misprints. The story here is obviously the Alex Gordon errors. Contributors | Just the logo. Does anyone have a comprehensive list of 1989 Topps errors? He is basically cut in half, with Frank Viola (#127) underneath him, and an unknown Twins pitcher above him. Should I try to get them replaced even. They are kind of cool and different, but I wouldnt pay big bucks for any of them. - External Links I have roughly three hundred baseball cards with most having blank backs and a few having wrong back for the picture on the front. Ive got a 98 topps roberto clemente tribute card with no gold foil. Gallery | Who dat? Penny for your thoughts Randy. Uncovering the Best of the 1980's and 1990's Sports Card Errors, Variations and Oddities, 1989 Topps Baseball Errors & Variations: OngoingChecklist, 1989 Topps Tony Oliva Blacked Out Copyright, 1991 Topps Baseball Errors & Variations: OngoingChecklist, 1990-91 Pro Set Hockey Errors & Variations: OngoingChecklist. @Christopher The article explains why its tough to gauge what these sorts of cards might sell for. He was a member of the Atlanta Braves, Boston Red Sox, Cincinnati Reds, and Detroit Tigers. Think of them as a sort of parallel. 317, Why the Sal Fasano 1996 Select Certified Parallels werent Corrected, 2013 USA Baseball Champions National Team Certified Signatures Baseball Cards, 2023 Topps 88 Topps Vintage Stock Parallels Are Missing Something, How to Spot Fake 1990 Topps NNOF Frank Thomas Rookie Cards, Frank Thomas 2015 Beckett Covers NSCC #9 AU, Jeff Treadway 1989 Fleer #173 Variation Comparison, 1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Black Baseball Cards. Ungraded & graded values for all '89 Topps Baseball Cards. The difference is, Kordells stats are on the back, and his name is on the front with Playoff Prestige in the upper left hand corner in foil. Or it might just sit there. Everything is in place and well-centered except for the foil labels. Forum | I have a few mixed up hockey cards the first is a 1992 upper deck hockey heros card of Wayne Gretzky and Gordie Howe card #20 of 27 which is a miscut the words Upper Deck on top are 3/4s cut off and I have 2 or 3 Leaf hockey cards that have mis-prints the card of John Lecler but the foil printing of leaf and the name are upside down the name says Teemu Selanne. Oddly, I dont recall a lot of hype at the time for pitcher Randy Johnson, who has an 89 Topps rookie card, though The Big Unit went on to have a Hall of Fame career. (LogOut/ Im a Topps guy at heart and love what they mean to the hobby, but this era of cards is really tough to appreciate. The error is that it has a chrome border? Then when you try and replace it, they give you the run around. So I think I discovered a spelling error for Upper Decks 2020-2021 Allure Red Rainbow Auto cards. How do I go about getting a value on it. Click on any card to see more graded card prices, historic prices, and past sales. Honestly, I am just curious as I think I would go nuts trying to keep it all straight. It doesnt always work out that way. Generally speaking, the cards are rather bland with team names in a bubble-type script and a Nike-like swoosh containing the player names on the front. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. If you have a card shop nearby, check in with them first. Does anyone have any idea of what it could be worth? Diamonds in the Junk - 1989 Topps Baseball - PSA Blog He is the author of, Student to Founder: Secrets to creating a student organization in college and starting a business after graduation. I have a batch of these with ink smudges and likely a Topps employees fingerprints embedded in the ink. - Change Log I have a Michael Jordan Spx 1996 error card with Jerry Stackhouse in the hologram. Card backs feature two-toned pink blocks with black type and borders. Comments | - Errors / Variations GemFindersWarehouse (72) $40.81 $64.77 (37% off) 1989 Donruss Ken Griffey Jr. RC Rookie Baseball Card KingPantherStore (3,036) $10.49 from my stack, there doesnt seem to be much scarcity to any of the variations. I have never seen Patrick has a BA in Psychology, a BA in Sociology, and an MBA from the University of New Mexico. View cart for details. 1989 Topps #70 **Error Card** MARK MCGWIRE Oakland Athletics Its cut so the card is tilted left. Please help I have a 2017 donruss with mike pizza on the front and frank Thomas on the back. I went through a serious. - Hall of Famers The base versions are quite easy to find but in pristine condition they can still go for over $30. Required fields are marked *. Out of my small collection I have like 12 baseball cards with gold numbers on them. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Also perhaps someone did it themselves as an after-market thing on their own. Errors / Variations | Estimated PSA 10 Value: $2,000. I can't confirm the Morris card, but this is an interesting new variation. And on rare occasions you get a card that is so messed up that you cant really tell what the card is because youve got two or even an intersection of four cards. Topps Baseball Cards 1989 Season, John Smoltz Atlanta Braves Baseball MLB Original Autographed Items, Topps 1989 Season Sports Trading Cards & Accessories, Topps Barry Bonds 1989 Season Baseball Cards, Topps John Havlicek Basketball Sports Trading Card Singles Learn how your comment data is processed. 4,107. Generally speaking, the cards are rather bland with team names in a bubble-type script and a Nike-like swoosh containing the player names on the front. Just hoping the right person would be able to help me out. The border is a few millimeters wide and from that I can discern that is in fact an Eric Desjardins card from 95-96. In some instances where subtle variations are found between different copies of the same card, the uncommon variation is often found exclusively in factory sets. 165. 1989 topps baseball error cards: Search Result | eBay It had belonged to one of my three brothers, which are no longer with us. Not similar to what is shown on line Some blank-sided cards are a result of print quirks, particularly from several years ago. The white bar under his name has been removed, and the Topps trademark is very close to Sheffields name. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Random stuff, baseball and football, which will undoubtedly become the inspiration for several more posts. Somehow, they can get skipped. If you collected in the late 1980s, it's perhaps the case that you're sitting on tons of 1989 Topps that nobody wants. the other one is the same size as the normal card but is only a border, (its entire middle picture is stamped out). Missing some color, colors, partial color Looks like color worn off, but I think it is the the start of printer running out of ink. Is this worth anything? I have 2000 bowman chrome football cards of sp rookies /499 but they have no serial #s, are these considered replacement cards or are they cards that should have never got out. I recently had dragged up from the basement a cello case of 1989 Topps (along with a 1987 and 1988 case). Despite theyre sharp corners, theyre damaged. Red striped sleeves appear to be scarcest*, 343a Gary Sheffield white line at bottom of photo with ghosted image 343 in bottom left corner, 343b Gary Sheffield white line removed, Topps logo higher up on card, 343c Gary Sheffield white line removed, Topps logo lower on card, 348a Ed Hearn blue streak across face *UNCONFIRMED*, 403a Kirby Puckett AS white blob over E in League on front, 403b Kirby Puckett AS white blob removed from front, 456a Tim Belcher white Dodgers name/team banner, 456b Tim Belcher gray Dodgers name/team banner, 469a Jose Bautista yellow wedge in top orange border at left, 469b Jose Bautista solid orange top border, 582a Mike Marshall full red blotch on sleeve, 582b Mike Marshall partial red blotch on sleeve, 582c Mike Marshall 1/2 red 1/2 yellow blotch on sleeve, 582d Mike Marshall red blotch removed entirely, 588b Luis Alicea F* on back *UNCONFIRMED*, 594a Jimy Williams white area in J in Blue Jays on front, 594b Jimy Williams blue area in J in Blue Jays on front, 605a Bob Welch missing pitchers stat heading text on back, 605b Bob Welch missing 1/2 of pitchers stat heading text on back, 605c Bob Welch pitchers stat heading text included on back, 648a Sandy Alomar Jr. large gap between hat and Future Stars header, 648b Sandy Alomar Jr. smaller gap between hat and Future Stars header, 662a Lou Brock TBC red line down sleeve on front, 662b Lou Brock TBC red line poorly airbrushed, 662c Lous Brock TBC red line completely airbrushed, 665a Tony Oliva TBC missing copyright line on back, 665b Tony Oliva TBC copyright line included on back, 665c Tony Oliva TBC copyright line blacked-out on back, 689a Stan Jefferson solid pink triangle on front, bottom left, 689b Stan Jefferson partial pink, partial purple triangular shape on front, bottom left, 689c Stan Jefferson mostly purple triangular shape on front, bottom left*, 689d Stan Jefferson solid blue triangle on front, 691a Roberto Kelly white Yankees name/team banner on front, 691b Roberto Kelly gray Yankees name/team banner on front, 697a Franklin Stubbs white Dodgers name/team banner on front, 697b Franklin Stubbs gray Dodgers name/team banner on front, 711a Candy Sierra background of name/team banner partially printed in white, 711b Candy Sierra background of name/team banner entirely gray, 714a Joe Morgan MGR white blotch/mark over chest on front, 714b Joe Morgan MGR blotch.mark over chest airbrushed grayish-blue, 726a Dickie Thon yellow wedge in top orange border on front, 726b Dickie Thon solid orange border on front, 732a Steve Beuchele left-leaning pink mark over Topps logo on front, 732b Steve Beuchele vertical pink mark over Topps logo on front, 732c Steve Beuchele right-leaning pink mark over Topps logo on front, 732d Steve Beuchele horizontal pink mark next to Topps logo on front, 732e Steve Beuchele pink mark removed from front, 741a Ken Phelps white Yankees name/team banner on front, 741b Ken Phelps gray Yankees name/team banner on front, 742a Mike Harkey larger gap between hat and Future Stars header, 742b Mike Harkey smaller gap between hat and Future Stars header, 750a Bret Saberhagen pink and black blotch/marks under right elbow on front, 750b Bret Saberhagen pink and black blotch/marks partially airbrushed away, 750c Bret Saberhagen pink and black blotch/marks completely removed, 764a Robin Ventura red bar under photo in bottom right border, 764b Robin Ventura red bar partially airbrushed, 764c Robin Ventura red bar entirely removed. Generally speaking, sports card printing errors have more of a novelty status. If I can get them cut to size would they be worth anything. Id like to sell if its worth it. Nobody sets out to mess up, but it doesnt always work out that way. That card has been a standard-bearer in the hobby for decades, but it wasn't the only Junior choice that summer, as Fleer and Donruss bought into . Should I look into getting it graded? , 1998 Dale Earnhardt 3 Daytona WIN Raced Version w/ Tire pc. Two Fernando Valenzuela. 1990 Frank Thomas No Name Topps Error #414 SHOP EBAY NOW One of the most popular and most expensive of all error cards. - Hall of Famers I have a Topps 50th anniversary Travis Henry Buffalo Bills card. 1999 Topps Lamar Thomas #48 missing player and team name on the front, the word Topps in the upper right corner is missing approximately 50% of the word. By navigating the site, you agree to the use of cookies to collect information. Thanks for reading. However I have Three Wax Pack Wrappers that have errors. I have a 1988 Cal Ripken Jr and 1988 Mark McGuire both look like the were double printed or off somehow Ive looked all over for other examples of them but cant find anything. @LJJR76 It sounds like a mix of a blank back and a double-print on the front. Anyone else have a copy of this John Morris with "mystery clouds" along the right border? I have a 1991 Topps 790 Ken Griffey Jr card that has a blank front and normal back cardand cant find any info or value. Trivia | | The whole 1989 Donruss set This isn't really an error per se, but it shows the futility of trying to list every single error card. As I open my Topps, the difference is unbelievable. - Glossary Still, Tim Raines is cool. As for the dark team and name banner error, I found both in an equal ratio. A box of 1989 Topps contains 36 packs of 15 cards each, with a stick of pink bubble gum and sweepstakes card with items that could be ordered from the company store. Refresh your browser window to try again. Buy It Now +C $22.55 shipping estimate. Or maybe youve seen it many times and didnt realize it, which is completely understandable. Maybe add in a section on the prodigious reprints and re-uses of the style in newer than 1990 cards. The final version of the card included in all factory sets had the knob of the bat covered with a black box. I have a hockey card who was cut at the wrong place 1969 O PEE-CHEE CARD NUMBER 57 Bob Baun. The1989 Topps Gary Sheffield fits in nicely with dialogue around errors and variations. External Links | The print was overlayed as it was stamped twice. Got a question, story idea or want to get in touch? Hope all is well. Send me an email at jacksoncoupage@yahoo.com and we can discuss further. I also have a couple of other players with wrong backs. Take a closer look at the backs of the COR and ERR version above. The one open has the COMPLETE 1988 FLEER SET INSIDE printed twice on top and the 660 CARDS & 45 STICKERS that should be on top of the box is on the front. Here is the latest installment in thePSA Blog series called Diamonds in the Junk, where we crack some junk wax, review the results, relate them to the hobby today and have fun along the way. I have an 1987 Eric Dickerson Topps 146 thats a blurry mess, never thought twice about it til I grabbed all my late 80s/ early 90s paperweights from my parents house and started looking through them. The front also depicts Lacavalier underneath the foil. I cant find any others anywhere. Is this common for this company? To see the current eBay auctions for the 1989 Topps Gary Sheffield, click here. Deb Seeton again, some were actually face to face. It says on the back that he played at the Texas stadium. Is that worth anything? From time to time, we all mess up. On top of that, Topps failed to include Ken Griffey, Jr. rookie card in their base set that year, and it wasnt until the Traded set was issued late in the season that we were treated to a Topps card of The Kid. Here are some of the most prevalent types of sports card printing errors you may encounter: When card companies are printing cards, the aim is to make like Robin Hood and have things printed dead center. No idea if that adds or takes value away. There are six variations of every single card in the 1989 Donruss set. Or when your oven decided it wanted to take a Christmas vacation of its own the moment you were readying the turkey. When that happens, a card that might have a foil logo or name on the front all of a sudden seems a little naked. Its 1989 Topps Baseball so volume is the big kicker. Copyright 2023 Trading Card Database LLC Today I ripped open a box of 1989 Topps baseballand rode the wave of nostalgia that came with it. Teams | Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. I was thinking it may be worth something as one side is Mickey Mantle.any thoughts? Kevin Garnett Rookie seems important but based on your article it may not have much value. Modern cards can look pretty amazing. How do I find its value, Just got a Tom Brady panini Prizm with Baker Mayfield on the back plus its up side down. Heres How to Tell Them Apart. Student to Founder: Secrets to creating a student organization in college and starting a business after graduation. And the next year was when Topps changed who made their Chrome cards. Shipping. Top 10 Baseball Card Blunders of All Time - Dave & Adam's News 2006 Topps. These are called wrong backs. Inserts and Related Sets | Some have appeared to be rarer than others in the past. I never, under any circumstance, thought Id ever spend as much as $1 on a 1989 Topps Gary Sheffieldrookie card but given that this was a variation of particular interest, it made sense. Just found a Rashaun Woods sp Jersey auto card should be no.201 and mine is no.200 any value? I have a 93 Skybox Shaq with #155 missing on the back. Card Rankings If you buy a blaster, most of the base might be messed up. If the sheet is off or mixed up, weird things can happen. A truly impossible to pull card. Errors / Variations Gallery - 1989 Topps Baseball | Trading Card Database With the advent of foil, another step was added to the printing process. Usually, trading cards are printed in large sheets. Click here to Rate, - Overview That said, lets shed some light on the Bob Welch 1989 Topps #605A. @Larry This article explains why figuring out values on cards like this can be tricky. - Packaging Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. One is a 1994 Richard Dent card that says he played for the San Francisco 49ers but the picture and stats are from the Chicago Bears. Manning has Leafs birthday on his card and Leaf has Mannings birthday on his. Do you have the pack it came in? @Alex You can check with the Beckett Grading team to see if theyre able to include it: https://www.beckett.com/grading/team. The Big Hurt was an absolute beast at the plate. Still, Topps had a few things going for it, including a Future Stars subset, Turn Back the Clock cards, All-Stars, Record Breakers, Number One Draft Picks and the famous Topps Trophy Rookies. 257, Gary Sheffield 1989 Topps #343 Variation Comparison, 1998 Pinnacle Performers Swing for the Fences Baseball Cards, Julio Rodriguez 2022 Topps Chrome Ben Baller Superfractor Pulled, How to Become a Premium Subscriber | Ep. Best 1989 Topps Baseball Cards - sportscardsauthority.com He also has a Project Management Certificate from UCLA Extension. Is this a rare card. Needless to say, these cards dont yield the best results from grading. 1989 Upper Deck Dale Murphy #357 The 1989 Topps Gary Sheffield fits in nicely with dialogue around errors and variations. He has lectured in Internet Marketing at the David Nazarian College of Business and Economics at California State University, Northridge. Trivia | New cards or old, both have multiple steps involved. Are they considered to be an error card? Change Log | Rating: 7.2 (181 votes) THE DIAMOND IN THE JUNK: #560 Rock Raines, 2019 Parkside Collectibles MLL Trading Cards Box Break, 50 Years Ago, the Miracle Mets Won it All, Diamonds in the Junk 1989 Topps Baseball. I dont know how many of this error card exist, all I know is that I have never seen one for sale on EBAY or any other similar website. That is really cool! i just sold the tony oliva tbc 3rd version that you have as unconfrimed, with the black box on the back i have pics still and it does exist. Can anybody help me please I have a basketball card I it has a player called Jonathan kuminga rookie card and on the back it has Chris Durant have you ever seen anything like that its a misprint of course can anybody tell me anything about it is a Prizm card and where would I take it I live in the Riverview Tampa Florida area thank you for any help. Baseball errors and variations: 1983 Topps, 1984 Topps; Baseball errors and variations: 1962 American Tract Society, 1969 Anderson A's, 1955 Armour Coins, 1960 Armour Coins, 1968 Atlantic Oil; 1974 LAUGHLIN ALL STAR GAMES variation; Football errors and variations: 1994 Upper Deck ELECTRIC silver and gold; 1979-80 OPC #18 Wayne Gretzky They will be repackaged in after market packs and on the shelves within a month. But you probably experienced that today if you encountered the Blue Screen of Death on your computer.
Haltom City Fence Ordinance, Articles OTHER