Even better, proceeds go to the mansion upkeep & to local campus programs, which we loved. WoodWinds was the first place we looked at after getting engaged and we knew right then and there we were going to book there. It's natural wood, fireplaces and beauty make planning and decorating quite easy. Overview: Branford House is a historic mansion located on the University of Connecticuts Avery Point Campus in Groton, CT. Randy makes sure that your wedding day is fun instead of stressful and he absolutely is responsible for our wedding going off without a hitch! We look forward to working with the rest of the team as we count down the days! They had everything set up, to a T, where i just walked in and started crying at how perfect everything looked and how they set up for me. Now I want to be a guest at a wedding here so I can come back!!! I would recommend this venue to anyone. The wrap-around terrace is amazing and affords a great view of sailboats. The amount of attention to detail was fantastic. The Woodwinds was beyond amazing! The staff was beyond helpful and made us feel at home instantly. We were doing our rounds greeting and thanking all our guests at the time and she even brought it up to me with a straw so I can get some in my system immediately. Our guests have not stopped raving about the food, the staff (even mentioning specific waiters names- shoutout to Carlos! Around the side of the mansion is a terrace area with stone columns that is great for family or bridal portraits when the light is good. Every question/request and accommodation was followed through. The backdrop of the house and the water view made our wedding breath taking. me how much they loved the food and that they were stuffed by the amount of food there was! Creating heartfelt, moment-driven photographs for relaxed, laid-back couples who want to enjoy their wedding day. ty to sample some of the food at Cafe' Allegre prior to selecting meals for the wedding. Working with you, they can create a personalized menu tailored to your desired tastes. The service was impeccable. ess and easy! Branford House Weddings | Brave Hearts Photography Even for those who did not attend. Ken and Randy made planning a breeze! Ken made the planning process super easy and was always prompt with answers to any questions We had the most amazing wedding here! to worry how the day is going to gothey have everything under control.and it will be perfect! The Branford House Mansion comfortable accommodates for parties of no more than 200 guests. From the timeless ballrooms to the exceptional cuisine, this manor is an ideal location for an event to remember. Sign up on The Knot to reach more couples and book more weddings! Our event had a really nice, flexible timeframe to mold to our wedding day's needs & Katherine was lovely to work with. 100% reccomend this venue! The timely,attentive responses to emails loaded with questions were noteably impeccable and we found the venue to be very flexible and accommodatin Booking our Wedding at the Woodwinds couldn't have gone easier. We are so happy we choose the woodwinds and we cannot be happier to start our lives together as husband and wife and be able to relive the best day of our lives all due to the woodwinds staff! All the staff was amazing. WoodWinds is an esteemed wedding venue located in Branford, CT. A much sought-after location, this luxurious estate presents couples with an elegant setting for their special day. re going to the Woodwinds, and just when I thought I lost hope, this venue was everything I could have imagined. Minimal decor is needed at this venue due to the amazing architecture. The 10 Best Mansion Wedding Venues in Hartford - WeddingWire ornate woodwork and amazing exterior architecture make this location stand out in a grand elegance. Randy, the wedding coordinator, was amazing as well. Our guests were impressed by the venue and the great detail in the woodwork inside is it's own artwork. It couldn't have gone better and we would like to thank the entire staff crew who helped us out through this entire process! The woodwinds was able to make my dream wedding come to life! I would truly send everyone I know their way when looking for a wedding venue!! She also made sure the wedding party was holding up and that made us feel taken care off! She took my husband's tux jacket to clean a stain he didn't even notice. Our guests loved the food, the ambience, and the whole experience. On the ocean side of Branford House, the path to the lighthouse provide for a classic New England background for wedding portraits. This is just the beginning! I would love to go back to my special day it was without flaw! Randy made our wedding day go exactly as planned. Randy was awesome when we got down to the home stretch and did great running the event the day of. who is super sweet and knowledgeable! Your email address will not be published. However, that didn't deter us. We had our ceremony in a New Haven church in the afternoon and our reception at the Woodwinds in the evening. Absolutely incredible! The staff were so attentive to our needs and our guests', and Randy and Ana were amazing! Sergio was our maitre d and he was amazing. erything would be taken care of for me on the big day. They very attentive to everyones needs. She even quickly and quietly dealt with a few guests from the other room who crashed our buffet. I highly recommend the Woodwinds for your wedding venue. Highly recommend. It's great for a summer wedding (like hours), but we did see gorgeous photos of inside weddings during the winter holidays. We chose the Renaissance 3 package and oh.my.gosh. If you plan for less than 200, you can really maximize the indoor space dancing in one room, cocktails in another and dining in anotherthe options are plenty! questions or inquiries you may have, and spent a lot of time with my mom and I during the initial meeting to ensure that we were comfortable and happy with the package she we were choosing. For an indoor reception, the Grand Ballroom and the East and West Wing rooms comfortably accommodate up to 200 guests for a full-course dinner or buffet. If youre having your reception inside, there are some challenges as its separated into three rooms and is unlike many traditional venues. We could use any vendor we liked, and as the bride, we were able to get ready right at the house. It was exactly what we envisioned and when I tell you that nothing went wrong. Between the award winning food, cost per person, immaculate grounds, and the beautiful ballroom, the venue harmonized with our We are so happy we made the decision to book with the Woodwinds! Thanks to the entire staff for all your work! The inside is also amazing, with ornate wood walls, huge fireplaces, super tall ceilings and chandeliers. The booking process was fun and easy. I wish I could relive the night! Our guests are still raving about the food! Theyve only given my bride 1 hr to get ready on site and any woman can tell you thats not enough to have makeup done and do final touches. The waterviews are gorgeous and would recommend this venue when you can show the beauty outisde as well! They are incredibly knowledgable and helpful throughout the entire process. Scott is of course amazing, he en WoodWinds was phenomenal in every aspect of our reception. The Woodwinds was the PERFECT venue for our wedding. I would highly recommend this venue to get married and have your ceremony. THEY ARE THE BEST!!! I would so do this again but only at the WOODWINDS!!!! Wedding Banquet Halls and Wedding Venues in Branford, CT with marble dance floors, ballrooms accommodating up to 600 people, outdoor water features, garden ponds, fountains and gazebos. In-house event planning services can also be provided with wedding bookings at this magnificent venue. OH and I cannot forget the amazingly delicious venetian table!! Unclaimed. My bridal attendant was amazing, kind and so helpful! She did very well with my difficult bustle and was patient even when I was not. We were so pleased to be able to have our wedding at the Woodwinds. Bridget and Thomas, a radiant and very chic couple, decided to go for a winter wonderland wedding and, even if it was freezing cold outside (think Arctic cold, to get a feel of it), they did not really seem to mind. With a few flowers and a couple of candles, our event was in the most beautiful of settings! The food was absolutely delicious, and the staff was always making sure we were fed, happy and had something to drink! They were so quick to get me and my husband whatever we needed. rgeous fireplace, had a lovely cocktail hour by a master staircase, and enjoyed our dinner and dancing in the entire ballroom. The wrap-around terrace is amazing and affords a great view of sailboats. Gorgeous rooms, gorgeous grounds, gorgeous gardens. Thank you for making this process ao easy! The stone terraces, stone verandas, and polished dance ballrooms are all reasons why your wedding day will be one for the books and an event that many will call the best festivity of the decade. If you like boats and are up for a little walk, the edge of the campus overlooks the Shennecossett Yacht Club just across the water. was impeccable. The grounds are spectacular, so many great places for photos. The food was absolutely AMAZING, everyone raved about the venetian table, I highly recommend it! Chef Silvio Suppa & his family are the proud owners of Caf Allegre, a fine dining Italian fare restaurant in Madison and WoodWinds, an award-winning wedding & banquet facility in Branford. Scott is the best - with him around there is no chance of anything going wrong. Award Winning Wedding and Events Venue wedding packages and menus at WoodWinds Scott was amazing throughout the whole wedding process. You can't beat the beautiful stately exterior, stunning dark woodwork inside, and those ocean views - all of our guests loved it and it had the classic romantic ambience that we were looking for. Find wedding inspiration that fits your style with photos from real couples, Sit back and relax with travel info + exclusive deals for the hottest honeymoon destinations. that was the most fun and best wedding they ever got to attend. Weddings CT, CT Wedding facilities, CT Wedding Reception Halls in From start to finish not a single thing went wrong and that was completely due to the staff being absolutely wonderful to us. Not just the dinnersbut also their many appetizers! This flexibility allowed us to have exactly the wedding we wanted. This one-of-a-kind setting is ideal for couples that want that fairytale aesthetic for their special day. standing and was with me every step of the way, and never more than a few feet away for everything I needed. Everyone we dealt with throughout the entire planning process was great. The venue is beautiful perfect for photos. She was so welcoming and knowledgeable. Built in the 19th century, this mansion has stood the test of time and proudly boasts the design of the Newport Mansions while displaying a perfect ambiance that is ideal for an unforgettable and one of a kind celebration. The grounds are breathtaking and the building is by far the best we saw when venue hunting. I am so grateful to you , Randy, Ken and Tony. The wedding was beautiful and the guests were blown away by the location. In fact, Kathryn went out of her way to connect me with the bride and groom who were renting the location for the next day to see if we could share the tent - once up and once down rather than the tent company having to come in and out twice - saved both us and the wedding party for the next day a lot of money! Scott was so helpful the entire night and really made us feel like we didn't have to worry about a thing! Serving CT, NY, MA, and Caribbean. Handled everything!! Im so happy we chose this venue for our big day. They transitioned from visible to invisible as need be. Food, decor and beyond my wildest dreams. Joanna, the venues Florist, did spectacular work on our arrangements, and was great to work with. in everything and is so helpful with the planning. easy. The woodwork is incredibly intricate too, which makes for exceptional photo opportunities. Located on the University of Connecticut Avery Point Campus and just steps away from Long Island Sound, your wedding photographer will absolutely love this spot. The property is very well cared for. Overall, I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for an indoor/outdoor venue with a beautiful view of the ocean!! Have the wedding you have always dreamed about at Branford House Mansion. Thank you Woodwinds!!!! Scott has everything done on our wedding day and I couldnt have been happier. Shooting Bridget and Thomas's wedding in the gothic Branford House Mansion was a lot of fun. I cant say enough good things. In-house catering is provided by a team of chefs who can work closely with clients to create a fully bespoke and customized menu. Intimate Wedding in A Castle | Branford House Groton, CT | Connecticut Wedding Film - YouTube Ashley and Dylan's story was held at the incredible Branford House in Groton, CT. From the impressive grand entrance with Austrian Crystal chandeliers to the majestic marble fireplace of the Firelight room, this venue exudes elegance. The food is excellent - our guests are still raving about the food. The venue is affordable, elegant and beautiful. I really liked the atmosphere! Im not positive but I believe the snowman might have even been his idea when Neka went to talk to him to try and figure out a way to help relax me. The natural stone exterior, elegant decor, and spacious outdoor lawn areas will make you and your guests feel like you're stepping back in time. I am still in shock over how much was included in the price. Thanks again! Our guests all had a great time in this space--the cocktail hour especially was a hit. Any questions I had they were answered within minutes! The bridal attendant Kaytlin was so sweet, I had an issue with the bustle of my dress and she got down on the ground and made it work. Check out this years best local pros, chosen by couples like you. s still raving about the food; people could not get enough of it!!! The grounds surrounding the stately Branford House mansion are breathtaking. I highly suggest The Woodwinds are your wedding venue :). Really cannot say enough good things about this venue. I only researched other vendors because I didn't want guests to think I was just recreating my sister's wedding for myself. We dont have any complaints about the whole evening. The layout was also perfect for us - we had 125 guests, and the house is divided into three rooms. Kevin Kelley Kevin Kelley Photography, Another gem that captivates guests with granite, mahogany and marble. The Firelight Room is designed to present you and your guests with an open, luxurious setting filled with thoughtful touches of quality. Katherine was responsive, and helped us to find a spot for the huge tent we put out on the back lawn. It may seem small to others but I remember saying to him right after how absolutely freaking wonderful everyone is. The management was amazing and helped us plan every step of the way. Fast forward to March of 2020 our big day ended in a reschedule. Katherine, the manager, is amazingly helpful and wonderful too. My wedding is 1/1/2016 and I have been working with the Branford House, and Katherine since last March. We know many people who have used the Woodwinds for their weddings and they were very happy with the service, food and helpful staff for their big day! did sell us on choosing The Woodwinds as the best place to start our forever. Once we saw the woodwinds and how they operated, it was a no brainer. When Scott heard about my dress, he contacted his wife and she was there fixing it within minutes. Inside the house, you can take advantage of the intimate decore and design with its grand staircases, fireplaces, and ballrooms. Each room has an amazing fireplace which is perfect for those chilly New England evenings. Branford House has both indoor and outdoor event spaces where you can host your wedding celebrations. I got married a few days ago and was able to get ready on site. ur. Having an on-site getting ready option is really nice convenience for brides and their bridal party making your logistics of the day much simpler and less stressful. So many options with so many different price points. We are so happy with everything with all of The Woodwinds staff! If there ever was a must have location for a wedding venue, this is the spot. Beautiful setting, gorgeous building, wonderful House Manager & staff. They are so easy to work with. Neka was the most amazing and swee Our guests keep telling us how our wedding was the best they have been to in years or ever! It is perfectly situated in every way. We were able to fit everyone in the main room and one of the wings, giving us another room empty for the dancing, which was perfect! Woodwinds was nothing short of amazing. t. Our wedding day was great and went too quickly. The food was phenomenal and the venetian table was amazing!! We can not thank them enough!! Vanessa made our tour fun and she was very helpful when we made our final decisi We visited Woodwinds as our first venue since we got engaged. Even after the wedding they were still so nice and so helpful.. We were SO HAPPY that we booked them. To see more of my wedding photography portfolio click here, or head over to my contact page and lets connect. I cannot say enough good things about them. telling all of my soon to be married friends to book with the woodwinds. ou all for making the wedding of our dreams come true and for making me want to relive the day over and over! lax! What better place to say I Do than on the rocky shores of the Long Island Sound! Built in 1902 for Morton Freeman Plant, a local financier and philanthropist, as his summer home, Branford House is one of the premier mansion wedding venues in CT. It was a Saturday in October, as most weddings are. *it wouldnt allow me to change the date of the wedding on the second page of this review but it was 10/25/19. Walk around the side, and you might be able to catch a sailboat going by as well. Experienced and accommodating servers and bartenders will also be available to cater to you throughout your event. 1st dance Toast We are very excited to be working with Woodwinds for our wedding. I also did not have to set up or take things down, I just had to show up, how incredible is that! get, the staff was so helpful, polite, even the chef was super nice! What an absolute pleasure to have worked with a team who works so flawlessly. We had our wedding at the Woodwinds in Feb. '21 and it was spectacular. Neka adjusted my dress and train before my procession and at the altar so I looked flawless. The patio is amazing too! This venue is phenomenal, my guests cant stop talking about how delicious the food was and how gorgeous the atmosphere is! My guests are still talking about the food didnt miss a beat! My husband and I remarked on the fact that we did not have to think much on the day of because everything was covered! Nuzzo's Farm - Venue - Branford, CT - WeddingWire The Woodwinds were very detailed and attentive throughout the entire process. lastly, being very detailed, and a control freak to wanting everything to look just right, after meeting up a few days before the wedding to drop off: favors, and gifts, Ken gave my maid of honor and myself permission to come the morning day of the wedding to make sure everything was set up and right. My fiance and I looked at several places alongside our budget and there just wasn't one we "loved". The Branford House is one of the most elegant seaside Connecticut wedding venues. He made sure the everything went smoothly, was extremely friendly and on top of everything. We were SOOO happy that we chose the Branford House for our venue! Despite all of the wonderful things I can say about Woodwinds, we are undoubtedly most grateful to Neka!! Ana kept our drinks/food coming the entire night! The venue is gorgeous inside and out. I never dreamed all those ideas would come to life thanks to the talented people who work at the Woodwinds. It is relatively inexpensive to rent and you can choose all the other vendors you want to work with. had picked an incredible place. Its impressive and magical all at the same time. So far so good! The Branford House is a beautiful location for a wedding. I cannot say enough about Woodwinds. We had an amazing day. My mind was BLOWN after my husband and I had our first bite of cake and there was a damp napkin ready for our faces and a mirror so we could see if we had cake on them. I am so excited that I'll marry my best friend next summer here! sured my husband and I ate a full delicious meal, he kept me updated on the plans for the night, and even had a compact mirror so I could check my teeth after cutting the cake. We are looking forward to working with Vanessa and the Woodwinds team as our big day gets closer! spring through fall), weekend weddings start from about $5000. Check out HoliMont Realty for information. But Id like to end this with the feed back we got back from our wedding guest and this has to do with the food! Book your wedding here, my friends and family are still raving about it. September 7, 2018. sonality. Vanessa has been more than helpful throughout our process so far, and I'm confident that my wedding will go great when i My fiance and I have been to multiple weddings at Woodwinds and it is by far the best venue around! Vanessa and Ken were so easy to contact and willing to meet with us whenever we had any questions. Very little decoration needed to make the interior & exterior presentable & "wedding ready". t attendant. Our wedding was the most beautiful day thanks to the staff at Woodwinds. We want to thank the staff for everything! Like most of the mansions, there were some restrictions on decorations and expectations on the time that we would be in and the time we'd be out, but they were more than reasonable and we never ran into any issues. We are very excited to have our wedding there is coming march! Branford House Mansion Reviews - Groton, CT - 55 Reviews - WeddingWire nt where I was like crap, day is ruined the entire team at Woodwinds is incredible. It was extra for my package but SO WORTH IT. The staff here were very patient, kind, and very professional. This place is beautiful! Literally we were in awe the whole night. 18 Creative Personalized Wedding Favors Your Guests Will Love, How to Get the Perfect Wedding Photographs: 4 Easy Tips, Chat With Other Brides That Are Planning Their Connecticut Wedding. The way they described our day to us had Woodwinds has a great booking process. The staff was wonderful and we thank them all: Everyone went above and beyond and made it so we didnt even have to think. All our guests, almost a year later, continue to rave about the food and how great it all really was. All the venues in CT are beautiful and welcoming but the process can be intimidating. Choosing Your Honeymoon Package: Should You Go All-inclusive? This venue can provide a long list of talented local vendors for your convenience. Carisa Lockery CR Socials Event Planning, If there ever was a must have location for a wedding venue, this is the spot. All of our guests raved about the food and the bartenders. I cannot say enough good things about the venue, food, and staff, incredible!! Neeka is the SH*T. That woman holds a smile and grace and a helping hand when you dont even realize you need her. It was so nice to finally re My husband and I got married on July 6th at The Woodwinds. She updated me on where the cake was, where the groomsmen were, brought our flowers to us, pinned all of the boutonnieres, and made sure everyone was prepared and lined up for the ceremony. Sergio and his staff were at We had our wedding originally planned April 18 th 2020, but we had to postpone a few times during the year due to the circumstances, and Woodwinds was great to deal with during that time. 28 Branford House Weddings ideas | branford, house, wedding - Pinterest Scott is one of a kind and went to great lengths to ensure that the day went smoothly. Randy was the best along with my bridal attendant! The ability to work with any vendor (beverage must be done through Uconn) and 10 hour venue rental timeframe are two of the many factors we loved. Situated on Uconns Avery Point campus in Groton CT, Branford House Weddings enjoy panoramic views of the ocean. The staff is amazing, friendly, low-key and flexible. Ice cream? It was nothing short of amazing, and we could not thank the entire staff enough for their hard-work and kindness throughout the entire event. Ken was helpful and patient with the process. We cant wait for our day there! We got so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was, but also how amazing the food was as well! Since the venue itself is so beautiful, you really don't need to do much in terms of decoration and you can still have a beautiful wedding! It's a gorgeous stone mansion that rivals those you'd see in Newport. Randy, our coordinator, made the whole wedding go smoothly. The food was great. Vanessa was wonderful to tour and book with. It seemed that the wedding next door was interfering with our own which is why I believe thing were so disorganized.I did not feel this venue made our special day worth while. Bill Miller's Castle was .
Waterfront Land For Sale In Lincoln County, Maine, Articles B