Flat-out, straight-line mowing its faster than the Walker. Hustler Raptor XD (cheapest with serv. Zero turns are excellent at maneuvering and at cutting laws efficiently. Since your lawn will be rough you want the strength of the HD line. You didnt say how much you are mowing but for example, 10 acres 25 times a year is only 60-75 hours a year. I simply have lost all confidence in residential quality mowers after my previous experience. If you have a problem holding a gas can the SureCan is a great can. Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel Please Note:If you click on most of the links in this article and buy any product I will make a small commission from that sale. The man who mows for me would like for the mowing to take less time and the mower to require less repair. Please tell me what front deck zero turn commercial or semi commercial mower you recommend. Let me know if Im completely out to lunch on this. Thanks Paul, thats great that you drove this and would buy one. Come and get it in Northern Wisconsin. Gator Blades the mulching blades with the teeth on the back will just shred the grass and leave little puff balls all over your yard if you try to side discharge with them. Now that spring has come and gone (i live in georgia) everything has grown back up.. so i just want to make sure it would be ok 2 cut again with a mower since its pretty tall weeds and stuff or does it have to be bush hogged again? Hi Wilson, Wow, what a wonderful list to work with! By the way it was a trade-in at a local dealer where it was originally purchased and serviced. The mower can go as fast as 5.5 miles/hour, and its engine is also safe from branches, rocks, and other debris because of a heavy-duty steel guard. The new Toro Titan and the Cub Cadet XT2 will give you a much longer life. Since my post Ive started looking at the scab patriot 61 inch. PLEASE ADVISE. The wire comes out the middle of the underside of the seat. powerful 35hp v-twin kawasaki engine !!! What would be your advise for a mostly level 2 acre lawn but use to be an old farm crop filed that is pretty rough? He has 5 acres of farm lawn with a few steeper slopes. Cut Quality: This mower cuts very well and depending on your grass you may be able to mow at 6-7 mph. The other hidden gem is County Clipper. Discussed this with the dealer. Both have heavy-duty fabricated decks and Kohler/Kawasaki engines. Mulching capability is also a consideration, since I would like to mulch the grass clippings and definitely want to avoid raking leaves. cub cadet vs toro zero turn 2020 - poslocal.space The Ariens IKON XL is one of the best at cutting taller grass. Im seeking serviceable hydros, large tires, 5 cut height and probably 48-54 cut for ease of maneuvering and gates. I wanted your opinion in general about the machine and specifically if it is strong enough to pull a leaf and lawn vacuum like the Cyclone Rake Z-10. Also when it comes to brands, I see a lot of high praise here for Ariens Ikon. I have some areas where Its nearly a football field long! My current seat does not have (that I can find) any electrical connections and a seated person is required to start the mower. This makes for less mowing time depending on the size of your yard. Equipment. I put about 75 hours a year on my mower. Unlike the Toro, the Cub lacks an engine guard, as well as fenders which keep the mower clean. Well we got the E170 and its a great mower but took forever to mow the lawn and sucked almost a tank of gas. I prefer the Walker. (It also has to do with the weight of the ZTR, the weight of the average operator, and how much downward weight the transmissions axles can handle). The Kohler Confidant EFI is the state-of-the-art in engine tech right now. Not sure I can wait that long, though. My yard is fairly flat and less than an acre. There doesnt appear to be much difference between the two The Pro has slightly bigger transmission, 1 bigger rear tires and Kohler Confidant EFI Closed Loop EZT-740 engine with 12cc Hydro-Gear ZT 3400 transmission with charge pumps. When checking online pricing for the Z930M I found many of them with over 2000 hours still being sold. Both the Toro and Ariens have great cutting fabricated decks. It has a great engine, heavy-duty transmissions, and a great cutting deck. It is fairly rough ground and has two moderately steep areas. My Exmark Quest 42 which is the same as the MX4250 has the ZT-2200. They both use a collection of Kawasaki, Kohler, and in-house engines (for the Toro TimeCutter) to function effectively. Fabricated Deck 24 HP Kawasaki FS Series Engine with Front Wheel SuspensionAvailable at, Cub Cadet Ultima ZTX4 54 in. "This Gravely 48-inch zero-turn-radius . Hi Steve, Please ask the Home Depot store manager. Im not sure if he does anything different with the Scag. Q: Is Kohler EFI engine a reliable engine? I am strongly leaning toward a DR Leaf and Lawn vac for fall and spring clean up and am concerned with weight of that being pulled by the mower. These mowers are also quieter, but youll be paying for all these benefits. Best riding lawn mower overall: Toro Timecutter 75755 Zero-Turn Mower - See at The Home Depot. So I spent about $450 at local dealership to replace drive belt, tune up, etc. Because of that brand recognition today the dealer can charge more (and make more profit.) It seemed to be better but still after running for a while, it would falter and not be able to get up steeper slopes as it did when new. Final questionWould you consider the Ariens Ikon XL 52 or the John Deere Z375R ZTrak over the MX5075? They dont have enough traction and the center of gravity is too high. The most recommended dealer for service in my area sells mainly Hustler ZTs in my price range. Hi Adam, I recommend the Toro Titan with MyRide. Thanks for your opinion on my choices. Also, notice the specs for these heavier grade machines say things like 18,400 fpm blade tip speed, 1 aluminum spindles with sealed ball bearings, caster bearings, and axle bearings but Cub Cadet does not mention these? Better transmissions and better controls. I have been a follower of your site for a few years now. I suggest stopping in to a local dealer and see what they have in the $6000-$9000 range. Thanks in advance! A 900-hour machine is ripe for $300-$1500 of minor repairs. The IKON XL and the Toro MyRide are much better choices. Its smoother than the 7000 series and has a larger air cleaner. I mow about 3 acres. The engine is at the back with the transmission underneath, and the seat and floor pan setup resembles the Toros quite closely. Buy genuine and aftermarket Cub Cadet parts and accessories for lawn tractors, zero-turn mowers, walk-behind mowers, snow blowers, utility vehicles, garden tillers, leaf blowers, chainsaws, log splitters, chipper shredders, vacuums, string trimmers, edgers, trenchers, and pressure washers. There a many good brands but Ive used SeaFoam for years and its always worked well. My problem is that most dealers are out of stock right now, so I need to make a choice without actually testing one myself. I also understand Briggs parts are much cheaper than the other manufacturers, should I ever need them. Your Walker dealer will be glad to come out and demo it with you. A little more practice needed but all of the point you made Paul are what made me decide. A homeowner doesnt need a commercial-grade zero-turn mower, as these are intended for very large areas. Exmark and Toro are made in the same factory. If you are inexperienced with standons check out this article: Spartan. The only reviews I can find about the Cub Cadet ZT1 state the vibration is only at low rpms. Red or Yellow. 1. I have 2 acres I mow Is this too much acreage for a mulch kit?i feel like Im shortening the life of the mower by stressing it. Appreciate it. Dont worry about the commission. JavaScript is disabled. John Deere. Let me start with the cart. The blocking fenders offer good coverage from the unruly clippings during mulching and mowing on your lawn or land. I had no idea where to start looking, but thanks to you Im on top of it now. If you go lap-bar I STRONGLY suggest that you demo it on your yard to see if the mower will hold on your slope. Hi Jonathan, Both are great machines and you wont mind the 50-52 inch decks once you get used to them. So here is where Im at: my father in law suggested to go ahead and get something that will last instead of going with a steering wheel option i was originally thinking about. It looked fairly safe and stable to mow this way. Toro TimeCutter SS4225. There is a low, medium, and high trim speed. Shopping question: I had narrowed my choice to the new Ariens Apex 48 or 52 (991161 & 991159). If you dive into the specs, there are a few small differences but none of which will make a difference in your cut. Two small wheels are at the very front of the mower, and these always move in conjunction with the main wheels. Hi Joe, I want to start off and say Im not picking on you this comment has to do with the industry as a whole. They own the Huskee brand name. Hi Larry, In this price range neither Ariens IKON XD is the best. For fall cleanup, Ill either bag or mulch and sweep. Since I can get the zt2 for only $300 more than the zt1, do I take my chances on it and hope the deck is good? Hi Clark, I loved the old Dixons but they had such a shallow deck that you couldnt use a high-lift/bagging blade on them so they had to use the blower to suck the grass out of the deck and throw it into the bagger. That mower should be in the $2700 range and the fact you have to spend an EXTRA $160 for a hitch is ridiculous. The Boulevard doesnt have the step and rail. I have been going through drive belts at a rate of 1 per season. Theres a local Gravely dealer that seems reliable and good to work with. Ive used a California trimmer reel mower for the past 6 years, but want less maintenance and speed. The Walkers best feature is its agility when trimming. I have also noticed the Craftsman Pro Series 48 ZTR is on sale for about $3300, putting it in my price range. I mow 2 1/2 acres with some inclines and trees. It gives you a much better experience if you ever have an issue with your mowers engine. I decided Id get a ZTR this spring to replace my 15 year old, 42 Deere L110, Kohler 17.5hp, lawn tractor. Remember What I think is the best may not be the best for you so please take the time and read the entire article before you buy your mower. Even the engines are the same. If your lot is very rough and you want to mow parts of it only a few times a year its the best choice. Consider the size and shape of your yard. Hi Paul, like Mark, my mower seems to eat the blade drive belt. About half of this area is a long wide slope in the front (well under 13deg that Deere warns about). In this post, well look at both companys mowers in a little more detail. Heavy 7 gauge deck (apparently the same deck/frame as Bobcat). I just had a ..make my day Clint Eastwood moment but in a good way (smile). In front of the seat is a non-slip floor pan, and its here where one rests their feet while mowing. 2022 The Best Residential Zero Turn Mowers - TodaysMower.com Ill be mowing my 1 acre, flat-to-mildly sloping residential lawn with minimal trees. The Ariens Apex and Zenith both have good, soft seats and large wheels so they will ride smooth. But you are saying that isnt the case? The Toro, Kohler 7000 and Briggs ELS are just as good. I really ran across this URL of yours [I think]as a matter of the odds of just browsing, at times, painfully. Exmark, Hustler, John Deere and Toro all make standon ZTRs. Hi T. Dan, Feel free to stop by anytime and tell us how the Jonsered is working out. Im not sure on that. Ariens Ikon X 52 is my mower than! Ive got about two acres of mostly flat lawn at my house. Even though the John Deere cuts very well I just have a problem with the price. Thanks again. Both are heavier duty than the ZT2, have better decks that will cut better and faster, however the Apex is only a few hundred more so is the best choice in my opinion. Cub Cadet Ultima ZT1 50 in. Thank you. Right now the ZTR market is saturated badly and there are new brands entering the market every month. I have two questions. 35 HP Kawasaki FX1000v (999cc) engine and 16cc Parker HTG transmission 60" triple-7-gauge fabricated steel cutting deck with top, bottom and side reinforcements 3-year limited commercial warranty (no hour limitations) and 5 year / 1,750 hour limited deck construction warranty You're shopping available inventory from Trailers N More, LLC Also deciding between the deck size 54 ( 52 Exmark ) and both have a 60. The did replace a pulley but the problem is persisting. Both are rated for a lawn up to .9 acres and max cutting height of 2.8 inches. I know I am giving up the warranty but I am still tempted to buy it. Power. Gator blades are a better solution than the stock mulching blades but they will also have problems with spring grass or tall grass. Thank you for your time! Hey, I'm John, and I'm a Red Seal Qualified Service Technician with over twenty-five years experience. Metal, however, can be straightened out after bending, whereas broken plastic is useless. The other half is generally flat (this is the back, and the lower portion of the front). Those 700-1500 hour machines can nickel and dime you to bankruptcy. The MX6050 has ZT 2800 and the TimeCutter HD ZT-3100. The engines generate about 22 to 24 horsepower also depending on the grade of the model. Heavy Duty Zero Turn Lawn Mowers Outdoor Power For Sale in MILWAUKEE I bought a Hustler FasTrack thinking it was going to be my last mower. Some of the mowers you recommend are not sold by dealers in my area (or at least highly recommended dealers), only big box stores. The two best are Stihl and Husqvarna for the U.S. market. Since our current mower is 46 inch deck we would like a slightly larger deck, I think we are leaning towards the 52 inch deck size. I attribute that to the uncovered engine and its close proximity to the operator, and perhaps to the fact that the engine enclosure basically directs the sound straight up right in back of the operator. Plastic breaks and metal bends, so the inclusion of plastic isnt the end of the world. Husqvarna Z254F Hydrostatic Zero-Turn Riding Mower. Small ZTRS like the Ariens compact should NEVER be operated on any kind of slope. Now I own a house and boy there so much information about lawn mowers. A popular rivalry between Kubota and Cub Cadet is between the Cub Cadet XT1 LT46 and Kubota T2380. My boss stumbled across the Jonsered 54 ZT Commercial Riding Mower at Costco, and she recently ordered the Jonsered 46 Tractor Mower. Im a big fan of the joystick steering and how tough the Boulevard is built for the price. Hi Tommy, The 2200 is not as weak as everyone wants you to believe. Ill be as frank as possible. Does your boss understand that lawn mowers need regular maintenance? Fabricated Deck 23 HP Kawasaki FR Series V-Twin Gas Engine Zero Turn Mower with Lap Bar ControlAvailable at, Cub Cadet Ultima ZT2 60 in. I have an Exmark Quest with the same fab deck as the 42 inch Toro. Both mowers are good residential machines but I will have to say the Bobcat is a little more heavy-duty and it also will ride over rougher lawns better. Hes also fairly rough on equipment, (He killed an Exmark Lazer Z in 10 years) so the Ariens Apex/Gravely can put up with his abuse. It uses commercial-grade ZT3100 transmissions. When the mower is out of service, should the deck be at a specific height, like all the way up or all the way down? 10 years ago they were one of the best ZTRs on the market but today almost everyone else has passed them up for cut quality, service, etc. Lawn/Garden Tractor. I currently cut with a CC 54 lawn tractor. I had a guy come in and clear the wooded area, as it was heavily overgrown. Calculator tells me (for my peace of mind) that I ought to be looking in the 50-60 range if I dont want to spend much more than a few hours doing my lawn every other weekend. Please stop back later this summer and tell us how you like your new mower! The Cub Cadet is the hottest probably because he gets a little more profit so he pushes the sale a little harder I too am a stand-on guy so I really like your list. Im looking at the Ariels and Cub Cadet zero turn mowers. Based on your article, I am considering the Toro MX5075 MyRide and the Arins IKON XL 52. Speed is nice, but the landscape will keep me moving slow to stay in the seat. Keep it in a shed, out of the weather and you wont have to buy another mower, ever! I mow just under 2 acres of mostly flat to gently sloping grass. Thank you very much, I appreciate your input. The Gravely ZT XL and the Ariens Ikon XD are essentially the same mower the Gravely just has the heavier duty transmission and a few other small features. The ZT 3400 is the industry standard commercial tranny and youll find it on most commercial ZTRs in the $8000-$14,000 price range. What direction would you lean? I mow about 1 1/2 acre of old bumpy lawn every week and another 1 1/2 acre of former pasture every other week. I would I just need a residential as opposed to commerical. The decks are robust and can handle the work. I really feel you are paying extra for the green paint compared to the Toro or even the Cub Cadet. I see that a local dealer and Home Depot have the same mower for this. I went to a kubota dealer today and saw a really nice mower (i imagine they are all nice in this range!) John Deere, Toro, or Cub Cadet. You seem very knowledgeable in the area and I would appreciate your opinion. There is a Kohler 7000 (22hp, 725cc) or the Kawasaki (18hp, 603cc). The MX5050 is an old model. It appears everyone wants lap bar steering. Edge, I like the Kohler. Considering the lack of step and handrail, would the Boulevard still be your first choice for me? The Costco units. If you have inexperienced operators a fabricated deck will hold up better to them banging it against foundations and trees. Based on your post and previous comments I know this is going to be 1 of the 2 choices so go ahead and scroll up and pick 1 of the 3 others lol. After I posted that I looked a little closer. My neighbor let me try his Ferris IS600 to test the ride without actually mowing. The tire size somewhat justifies the extra $40 you pay for the Cub Cadet mower. 7. https://www.bradleymowers.com/products/bradley-52-stand-on-compact-mower-briggs-commercial-turf?taxon_id=5. Looks like the stripes would be off with the deck hanging out past the wheels so far. Once again thank you for all the help and insight into the ZTR world! Any advice would be well appreciated. Though this might seem minor, have you ever tried mowing a very wet lawn? I cut my lawn high at 4 inches so in the fall when I mulch leaves most of the clippings disappears into the grass. Paul, For a rugged mower for two acres, I like the Ariens IKON XL and Ariens APEX at the Home Depot. The Z-force SX 48 has the 24 HP professional-grade Kawasaki FR Series V-Twin OHV engine. Lastly, Toro is a 100 year old company that has been making zero turns for decades, including those which have been engineered and built for Exmark, the industry leader in commercial mowers; they know what they are doing. Thank you Paul. I would be interested in buying one of these used, but dont want to buy a basket full of problems if thats the case with these two.
Circle K Pay Weekly Or Biweekly, Articles C