Replace, Repair and RestoreGenuine Fender Parts Complete chrome-plated bridge assembly for use on Classic series '65 Mustang and Jag-Stang guitar models manufactured from 2006-present. The grooves in the saddles are extremely shallow to keep the strings in place when you hit the strings hard and sometimes bending will cause them to skip. The grooves are too shallow to effectively hold the strings in place. From building the first mass-produced solidbody electric guitars and basses in the 1950s to creating some of the most influential amplifier designs in history, its no wonder why Fender is one of the biggest names in the business. Free Local Classifieds in Chicago, IL. 5501 U.S. Hwy 30 W, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 For dropped D tuning a Low D string of .052 is the minimum recommended. Fender Custom Shop SHOP BY MODEL Stratocaster Telecaster Jaguar Jazzmaster Lead Duo-Sonic Mustang Meteora Other Shop All Electric Guitars SHOP BY SERIES American Professional ll American Ultra American Ultra Luxe American Performer Player Plus Player JV Modified Vintera Noventa Made in Japan Limited Edition Artist Signature HIGHLIGHTS Although Kurt was seen playing a variety of Fender guitars over the years, his Fender Jaguar and Mustang remain the most iconic due to their use on the Nevermind tour and Smells Like Teen Spirit music video. I never use the bar, always use my palm heel. I understand that my information will be shared with the dealer and may be used by the dealer to facilitate this contact. For players who demand the ultimate in performance and tone, American Ultra is our most advanced series of guitars and basses. Flip over to the single-coil in the neck position, and you'll instantly bask in creamy, chimey cleans reminiscent of a Strat or a Tele. We may earn a commission on any affiliated purchases. Fender Custom Shop SHOP BY MODEL Stratocaster Telecaster Jaguar Jazzmaster Lead Duo-Sonic Mustang Meteora Other Shop All Electric Guitars SHOP BY SERIES American Professional ll American Ultra American Ultra Luxe American Performer Player Plus Player JV Modified Vintera Noventa Made in Japan Limited Edition Artist Signature HIGHLIGHTS A pair of slide switches gives you complete control over all of the Jag-Stang's electronics, with all pickup switching handled from one and phase on-off settings from the other. As with the prototypes, it was produced in Sonic Blue and Fiesta Red finishes. Since then a variety of Tune-o-matic style bridges have been used on many other guitars. Routing available for Mustang style bodies. At both ends of the bridge there is a hole where the height adjustment set screws are located. Its also more responsive to guitar volume and tone attenuation, which means you can add a touch of PAF-like wooliness and explore more nooks and crannies in the EQ curve. These guitars were made with large string gauge in mind. The retail is 756.99 so I was lucky. Nicolle Maroulis of indie-pop band Hit Like a Girl uses a custom shell pink Jag-stang. Help us match you with the perfect, Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang Electric Guitar - Sonic Blue, 2 x 3-way slide switches (on/off, in/out phase), Inspired by Kurt Cobain's Jaguar and Mustang guitars and designed to meet his playing needs, Punchy, powerful alder body serves as a solid tonal foundation, Fast-playing maple neck capped with a 7.25-radius rosewood fingerboard, 24-inch short scale length reduces string tension, High-powered Jag-Stang humbucker and single-coil pickup deliver the full spectrum of alternative rock tones, Slider switch for toggling phase settings on and off, Light warbles and textures courtesy of a vintage-style Mustang tremolo, Vintage-style J-Bass control knobs and tuners; synthetic bone nut, Get back to making music with the industry's fastest turnaround time, Fix it the first time with our award-winning, factory-certified Service Department. It requires the twist of a flathead screwdriver to set the action. (thanks to Angel for permission to use his write-up on jag-stang.com). Shorter than Fenders standard 25.5 scale length, the decreased string tension and shorter distance between frets makes playing easier. Learn More. But the radius of curvature is for a 12 fretboard while the Jaguars is 7.25. Amazon.com: Fender Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang Left-Hand, Rosewood Learn More, Buy what you need don't worry about meeting restrictive minimums. Like many Fenders from the companys Ensenada, Mexico factory, the Jag-Stang is pretty close to flawless. An easy-to-use classic bridge and tailpiece set that sounds great and stays in tune. Our Sales Engineers are a world-class team of music gear experts whose sole job is to provide you with helpful advice and unparalleled service completely free of charge. Hand selected from all across the globe, each brings a wealth of experience and expertise in the world of music gear. Fender were just packaging the guitar up to send to him when the news of his death came through. This means replacing the stock pickguard, routing the body slightly and only using SH (standard spaced humbuckers/Gibson spaced humbuckers). The Jag-Stang was born from Cobain sketching mutant mashups of the two models, re-assembling scissored photographs of both, then pulling together components that could cover the breadth of his aggressive but melodically articulate sounds. The narrow neck and short scale wont delight everyone. Unique styling by Kurt Cobain himself. This all works well for me with .010s and lowish action. Certified luthier, Thank you for your request. If you were one of the millions of obsessive Nirvana fans who frequently spun Nevermind and couldn't get enough of the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video, then you are very familiar with Kurt Cobain's favorite Fender Jaguar and Mustang guitars. By clicking Subscribe, I agree to receive exclusive offers & promotions, news & reviews, and personalized tips for buying and selling on Reverb. Its a bit more inclined toward overdrive than a vintage-voiced Fender single-coil, and at times feels less dynamically responsive and nuanced. I prefer to do all my adjustment of action and intonation with the bridge pushed all the way back. Excellent quality. Bridge Pickup Jag-Stang Humbucker Controls 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone Switching 2 x 3-way slide switches (on/off, in/out phase) Miscellaneous Strings Fender, .010-.046 Case/Gig Bag Gig Bag Manufacturer Part Number: 0141030340 Need Help Choosing? Fender threw a custom Jag-Stang humbucker in the bridge, which pumps out waves of crunchy, full-bodied tone that recall the seminal '90s music scene. This product doesn't have any review media yet! This Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang electric guitar from Fender commemorates the 30th anniversary of Nirvana's seminal record Nevermind. Kurt designed the guitar with a sharper top horn, like a Mustang, and an extended lower bout, like a Jaguar. For most players that already dig the comfortable, compact proportions, the ever-so-slightly sharper edge wont make much difference. He used the Gotoch Standard Tune-o-matic availble thru StewMac. Pickups played in same order as above with Boss SD-1 Super OverDrive with level, tone, and drive at noon. [1] Id say he played the Jag-Stang between two and five times on stage, Bailey says. Learn More, Plek, setup, and more. Kurt designed the Jag-Stang to combine his favorite elements of both instruments and brought it to life with help from the Fender Custom Shop in 1993. The best way to approach this problem and the one I recommend is purchasing a Buzz Stopper. The Standard Tune-o-matic doesnt have an adjustable head. Based on your location, we've changed your settings: Shipping Region: On July 8, 2021, Fender announced that the Jag-Stang would be reissued once again to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Nevermind, and became available to purchase in October 2021. Everything we do is focused on delivering the best possible service and experience to you. Never mind the imitators: Fender's Jag-Stang Electric Guitar delivers the highly sought-after tones of Kurt Cobain! Now is the perfect time to get the gear you want with simple promotional financing. Follow the set-up guide. Lately Ive read of people trying out the Mustang bridge/saddle assembly. Origins [ edit] Please click below to login. Cobain's Sonic Blue Jag-Stang was given to R.E.M. Full Length. Intonation: The intonation is set with the Phillips head screws on the side of the bridge. EUR If you do this file only to a depth of one half the strings diameter. Trust me it really works. Happy customers, one piece of gear at a time! Please check the fields highlighted in red. 40.125". If there is still buzz you can increase the pressure by moving the E strings to the next outer groove. First of all string gauge is important. Guitar Bridge System : 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Mustang Tremolo : Size : Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang : Warranty & Support . I have an original that I treasure for punky, thrashy chording, open tunings, and unhinged soloingpractices Cobain would have no doubt approved of. In Fender floating bridge tremolos the intonation screws are facing the tailpiece as opposed to tune-o-matics which face the pick-ups. The cherry on top is the vintage-style Mustang tremolo, which is perfect for adding subtle warbles and textures to single-note leads. Before it even leaves our building, have our pros modify your new guitar or bass exactly to your liking. music video. GBP Learn More. The metal pot that is directly next to the control plate cavity will have a wire solder to the bottom of it. By continuing to use Reverb, you agree to these updates, and to our cookie policy. From beginners to rock stars, millions of music makers rely on our Sales Engineers' expertise to help achieve their musical goals. Fender Player Plus Stratocaster HSS 0 0 . Are you are a current or former jag-stang owner? . The first drawings were done by Kurt himself (these were later published in the book "Journals"), with the design being based on a mix of a Mustang and a Jaguar model. All Rights Reserved. Cobain also admired (and collaborated with) author, poet, and visual artist William S. Burroughs, whose embrace of cut-up technique, a collagist approach to writing and language, informed his most famous work, the novel Naked Lunch. Reviews (4) Featured Listing . Kurt was the first to receive and play the guitar, which also featured a mimic of his favorite guitar neck. Fender 0141030372 Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang - Sonic Blue After his death, Courtney Love gave the Sonic Blue Jag-Stang prototype to Peter Buck, who plays it In the video for 1994 single Whats the Frequency, Kenneth?. Conor Walls of rock band Turfboy uses a Sonic Blue Jag-Stang. The post was too large to be used in Fender guitars, because they required drilling. The guitar didn't go into full production until after Kurt's death, with a, Original Fiesta Red Jag-Stang Prototype Up For Auction. $1,195.00. Gotta Find Em All! Kurt Cobain's Fender Jag-Stang - Ground Guitar True to Kurt's guitar style, both pickups in the Jag-Stang were custom crafted to deliver everything from in-your-face aggression to crystal cleans with ease. The flip side is that it requires drilling the body for its larger bridge pot. this requires a truss rod adjustment. We look forward to having you join us for a relaxing and fun evening or afternoon of bridge. This angle will create enough pressure from the two outer saddles to keep all six tight one against the other. The Fender Jag-Stang is an electric guitar produced by Fender and designed by Nirvana guitarist/vocalist Kurt Cobain. In an interview from January 4, 1994, Cobain talked about designing the Jag-Stang, since it had not yet been produced. This bridge works on Mustang and Jagstang style bodies. Our expertly trained Sales Engineers are ready to help! The story behind this guitar is wonderfully documented on the Fender web-site (see Sources & Links). Get Directions | We photograph every serial number - allowing you to pick the perfect finish, weight, and woodgrain. I did a little DIY saddle-stablization that I think you will appreciate. An editor has performed a search and found that, omit significant information about the subject, Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Nirvana - Hala Tivoli, Ljubljana, Slovenia 02/27/1994", "Unknown Mortal Orchestra's Ruban Nielson is Fine Staying Indoors, Thanks", Jaguar Baritone Custom/Jaguar Bass VI Custom, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Fender_Jag-Stang&oldid=1131058729, Articles needing additional references from August 2022, All articles needing additional references, Pages using infobox guitar model with unknown parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 2 January 2023, at 10:03. My saddles were shifting side to side, and determined something needed to be addedto the bridge to eliminate the issue. If the strings buzz from the 8th fret on the neck is most probably bowed. A fast maple neck capped with a 7.25-inch radius rosewood fingerboard offers everything you need for pulling off thick, chunky power chords across all 22 frets. No project is too big or small, so give us a call today and let's talk gear! The most obvious is by bowed or humped neck. Fender Floating Tremelo. 's Peter Buck by Courtney Love after Cobain died. Do you have any info on the DiMarzio H-3 or H-8? Click here to learn more about this artist model. Your rig is unique. The cherry on top is the vintage-style Mustang tremolo, which is perfect for adding subtle warbles and textures to single-note leads. Kurts older Jaguar was already pretty heavily modded and he liked it pretty much the way it was. 24.00". Sweetwater Sales Engineers help you buy music gear with confidence. Fender threw a custom Jag-Stang humbucker in the bridge, which pumps out waves of crunchy, full-bodied tone that recall the seminal '90s music scene. Commemorating the 30th anniversary of Nirvanas seminal record Nevermind, this Jag-Stang comes equipped with the same features that made it Kurts ideal instrument. The alder body delivers a punchy tone perfect for big power chords, the 24 short-scale reduces string tension for easier playing, and the 7.25 radius rosewood fingerboard with maple neck has a comfortable feel that wont fatigue your hands when chording. The alder body delivers a punchy tone perfect for big power chords, the 24 short-scale reduces string tension for easier playing, and the 7.25 radius rosewood fingerboard with maple neck has a comfortable feel that wont fatigue your hands when chording. Learn More, Your very own gear expert. Wrong radius, no individual height adjustment , very little intonation adjust, binding saddles when using the Vibrato arm, unimproved Break Angle:, different size mounting ferrules, feels wrong, looks wrong, is wrong. Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang | Electric Guitars - Fender These screws require a 0.5 mm hex key. It also retains great capacity for note detail in these supercharged modes. The best thing about it? Learn More. Rewrite your own chapter in musical history! Learn More, Your very own gear expert. Hey! Remember a good set-up with attention to the Jaguars details will be the best way of getting the most out of this outstanding guitar. This may work but I have never done it. The new Jag-Stangs bridge pickup, however, sounds and feels slightly but significantly improved. Most people report that they like the Tune-o-matics over the stock bridge, while others prefer the stock bridge. Distorted tones emphasize a dryish sense of detail over sheer mass or a PAFs soft contours. Yes, please have a dealer in my area contact me using the information I have submitted. A resonant wood known for balanced and lively tone that delivers a fat, punchy sound. From experience we all know that, when using this setup, the use of the tremolo causes the guitar to go out of tune. Fender Jagstang Electric Guitars for sale | eBay Yes, please have a dealer in my area contact me using the information I have submitted. No Hassle Return Policy Vibrations between the saddles. It either stops forward or is pulled back further than the middle. Sweetwater's 2-year Total Confidence Coverage Warranty gives you extra peace of mind at no extra cost. Don't get just any guitar or bass get yours. Unscrew the pickguard and put it as. Fender Jag-Stang played through black-panel Fender Tremolux and Universal Audio OX using tweed Deluxe-style cabinet emulation. Sweetwater Sound The Jag-Stang is equipped with a powerful pair of pickups to handle the high-octane demands of its inspiration, and Sweetwater guitarists can attest: this rock-solid 6-string is contagious. The thin neck is said to give this more of a rhythm-player's feel and ease of playing, which considering Kurt's style, makes this the perfect guitar to recreate that unique Nirvana sound. Fender JagStang Reissue Electric Guitar (with Gig Bag) | zZounds Loose saddle height screws. Exclusive deals, delivered straight to your inbox. A very important note: this tremolo was not designed for extreme diving. Step #1: Remove the strings and simply pull up the stock bridge. This lets the strings skip the grooves and go out of tune. Good Playing, Yes please do send a pic, Im a lefty having a Jag built by a luthier in Tennessee, Id like to keep some original parts, so I thought I could use just the baseplate from the Jaguar and have my builder put either a stop pice in or continue with the Gibson bridge Oops, looks like you forgot something. Learn More. Fender Kurt Cobain Signature Jag-Stang | Reverb Fender Player Plus Stratocaster HSS 0 0 . The Jag-Stang also comes with a floating bridge and "Dynamic" Fender vibrato tail-piece borrowed from the Mustang. Lightning Strikes Again With the Latest Collaboration Between Epiphone and the Gibson Custom Shop Made in partnership with the Gibson Custom Shop, the 1958 Korina Explorer is Epiphone's impressive recreation of one of the most famous and valuable vintage guitars ever made. The flip side is that it can be easily installed on your guitar with little modification. Saddle height adjustment: The saddles come adjusted from the Fender factory with the required curvature: 7.25. Currency: How to install the Standard Tune-o-matic in the Jagstang, Mustang, Jaguar & Jazzmaster, How to install the Modern Tune-o-matic in the Mustang & Jagstang, How to install the Modern Tune-o-matic Jaguar & Jazzmaster, Pro and Cons of the Standard & Modern Tune-o-matic. Make room for new gear in minutes. Everything we do is focused on delivering the best possible service and experience to you. Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang, Rosewood, Fiesta Red() 9,999! Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang | Electric Guitars - Fender It requires you to life the bridge upward after slacken the strings to adjust the action. Small refinements make this Kurt Cobain-designed fusion of Fender short scales a sweet-playing serving of surprises. I understand that my information will be shared with the dealer and may be used by the dealer to facilitate this contact. | su Mercatino Musicale in Chitarre Elettriche All Rights Reserved. There's even a slider switch for toggling the onboard phase settings, arming you with a handy tool for expanding your tonal palette into uncharted territory. User reviews: Fender Jag-Stang - Audiofanzine Sell Yours. Never mind the imitators: Fender's Jag-Stang Electric Guitar delivers the highly sought-after tones of Kurt Cobain! Im really keen on a Jaguar, Ive recently reduced my collection to make room! The most common bridge modification is to replace the bridge with a tune-o-matic bridge. Were always getting our hands on their latest creations, and theres nothing we love more than to tell our customers all about them! Fretboard Radius: 7.25" Model Family: Fender Jag-Stang. Kurt probally fell in love with the Tune-o-matic around 91 right after he bought his 65 Fender Jaguar. To learn more about our cookie policy, please visit our Privacy Policy. View our full range of buying options, all in one place, Prices reflect sales of items in used condition*. Get The Most From Your Jaguar Bridge by Angel Romero The bridge assembly consists of the two bushings, bridge plate with two height adjustable posts, six grooved saddles, each with two height adjusting set screws and a tone intonation screw with a spring. Learn More, Buy what you need don't worry about meeting restrictive minimums. Proposed by Kurt Cobain, using cut-up polaroid pictures of a Fender Jaguar and a Fender Mustang, annotated, prototyped, adapted, and then sent out on the road with Kurt, in Sonic Blue finish, in the year of his death. Some people prefer flat wounds but as a rule of thumb .011s are good enough. He stated to Nardwuar the Human Serviette that he designed it by taking a Polaroid of a Mustang and a Jaguar, cutting them in half and pasting them together. Great article; very comprehesive, and comprehensible! He employed these guitars for several years, and they were instrumental in forming the sound of early grunge and alternative rock. By clicking Subscribe, I agree to receive exclusive offers & promotions, news & reviews, and personalized tips for buying and selling on Reverb. Sweetwater Sales Engineers help you buy music gear with confidence. To reflect our commitment, we updated our terms and conditions. By my rulerand Fenders spec sheetthe nut measures around 1.575", which is narrower than the 1.650" nut width featured on the current Vintera 60s Mustang, American Original 60s Jaguar, and many other instruments. In fact, they are plain to see in the Fender he helped design, the Jag-Stang. Fender Kurt Cobain Jag-Stang Rosewood Fingerboard Electric Guitar Sonic Blue. Happy customers, one piece of gear at a time! This means that some strings will be higher off the fretboard and others will be lower. Hey! The Jag-Stang is equipped with a powerful pair of pickups to handle the high-octane demands of its inspiration, and Sweetwater guitarists can attest: this rock-solid 6-string is contagious. If you do this modification may I suggest purchasing graphite saddles so that when you use the tremolo you have a good return since the metal saddles have a v-shaped groove which tends to catch the strings. Its alder body, maple neck, and rosewood fingerboard offer professional-level performance for all players; the 24-inch short scale reduces string tension for easier playing, with a 7.25-inch radius fingerboard for comfy chording from head to heel. Please choose your region below, Order now and we expect to ship within the next 30 days, 2 3-Position Pickup On/Off-In/Out Phase Slide Switches, Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406, MAPLE NECK WITH 7.25 RADIUS ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD, VINTAGE-STYLE SINGLE-COIL PICKUP AND CUSTOM HUMBUCKING BRIDGE PICKUP, ON-OFF/IN-PHASE/OUT-OF-PHASE SLIDER SWITCHES, MUSTANG FLOATING BRIDGE WITH DYNAMIC TAILPIECE. . The original Jag-Stang humbucker was just too hot and comparatively flat in terms of color and character. Saddles are length and height adjustable. But if you approach different guitars without preconceptions, youll be thrilled and surprised at the fast maneuvers and phrasings the Jag-Stang makes possible. My dreams of a short-scale that could dish Peter Green tones were dashed pretty quickly. Its probably about 20 times as tuning stable as my MIJ original.
Antonin Artaud Bbc Bitesize, Craig Leeson Biography, Is Annabel Bowlen Still Alive, Social Security Administration Chicago, Il 60661, Education Policy Jobs, Articles F