Thompson finished with a playoff-career-high 41 points to lead the Warriors to the 108-101 victory and tie the . Fortunately for the fans at Chase Center, Warriors star shooting guard Klay Thompson refused to go down easily and spearheaded a late comeback for a 109-104 win. Click here To Listen. Thompson was one of four Warriors players to play 44 or more minutes Monday night. 16 Oklahoma beat Kansas State 90-86 in . 5 Crazy Stats From Klay Thompson's 60-Point Game Jordan Poole scored 34 points, Klay Thompson had 19 points and a career-high 11 rebounds, and the Golden State Warriors used another big second-half surge to rally past the Los . Thompson has had quite a few ups and downs this season, but he's been very good over the last few weeks. The Warriors tied their season-high with 26 threes, one shy of the franchise record. Klay Thompson 'embracing the heck' out of 54-point night Instead, he says focusing on the current tasks at hand have allowed him to find stability. ESPN Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. In a matchup featuring two of the leagues eleven original franchises. Only four other players in NBA history have made at least 12 threes in a game, with Stephen Curry achieving the feat twice and Kobe Bryant, Zach LaVine and Donyell Marshall doing it once. Thompsons conversation rates in Game 6s also surpass another hall of fame bound perimeter artist, his own Splash Brother, Stephen Curry. "I always reflect on the year I was not playing. Thompson's 60 points in 29:03 are the most in NBA history for a player who played less than 30 minutes . You'll now receive the top Warriors Wire stories each day directly in your inbox. He finished the game with a career-tying 21 made field goals on a career-high 39 attempts. Those are the moments you really live for as a competitor, as a basketball player, Thompson said Monday night. Kerr and Thompson spoke Friday afternoon about how players must evolve as they get older. Follow Inside the Rockets on Twitter @InsideRocketsFN. Theres a chance hell play and were not going to make an decisions until he gets through tomorrow, Kerr said. What Ive loved about Klay since January is that hes kind of put the team on his back in some respects, in games where Klay has won us the game. Trail Blazers star Damian Lillard goes for 71 points in a win over the Warriors vs. Rockets: NBA Twitter reacts to Klay Thompson's 42 points If you would like to customise your choices, click 'Manage privacy settings'. Spin: Thompson posted decent scoring numbers in this one, but his career-high 11 rebounds certainly stands out in what was a strong all-around showing for the veteran en route to his first double-double of the campaign. Wenn Sie Ihre Auswahl anpassen mchten, klicken Sie auf Datenschutzeinstellungen verwalten. Thompson is the only . No. 16 Oklahoma women down K-State 90-86 in OT Weve all talked about this our entire lives which is letting the game come to you. Those shot-attempt totals are particularly significant, as they illustrate Thompson's devotion to simplicity in this game. I love the pressure." Our margin for error is small, especially down the stretch like that.. Both have come in February. Klay Thompson, Basketball Player | Proballers The major commonality in all of this is the simplicity with which he engages these high-leverage encounters. The Warriors once again found themselves in an early hole, falling behind 17-6 in the opening minutes and then by 17 points late in the first quarter. But he's a young guy and he has a lot to learn but he's on a great path because of the work that he's putting in every day.. It was Thompson's first game since Game 6 of the 2019 NBA Finals - a span . 2nd 01:42: Klay Thompson free throw made (2 of 2). Josh Christopher came off the bench and added 13 points in the loss. The Warriors won their ninth consecutive game vs. the Rockets, including the last five-straight played at home The last time Golden State lost to Houston was 2/20/20 (105-135) The Warriors are 3-0 in their season-series vs. the Rockets; they meet for the fourth and final time on March 20 in Houston. A Nebraska native, she is graduate of Loyola University of Chicago. Sucker punch in OVC tournament leads to 3 ejections. When shes not working, she enjoys trying new restaurants and exploring the great outdoors. Klay really believes that now. The Razorbacks take on No. He understands it. All the numbers, all the big nights will come as long as I do those two things.. They ended Wednesday's game tied with the Utah Jazz and the Miami Heat for the best record in the N.B.A., at 6-1. Golden State rallied from double-digit deficits to win the last four games - the first time they have done that since at least the 1997-98 season. He's aware of his shooting splits, but unlike in the past when he would obsess over his numbers and statistics, he says they don't "make or break" him. There were some hard days for me when I didnt know this would be possible. section: | slug: | sport: basketball | route: gametracker | That said, Doncic has the highest ceiling of any player on both DraftKings and FanDuel in our NBA Models. Skylar Vann scored a career-high 23 points and Madi Williams scored 19 and No. But the second half of the season has been an entirely different story so far. Warriors' Klay Thompson hits 12 3-pointers in 42-point effort vs. OKC This logic is stupid because Klay didn't choose to play for golden state and reggie didn't choose to play for indiana. In six games in February, Ingram averaged 29.2 points on near 50-40-90 shooting splits (54% overall, 43.8% on 3s, 86.5% on free throws) 4.7 rebounds and 4.8 assists. 1st place all-time for three-pointers made in a playoff season with 98. He looked like old Klay.. StatMuse has season-level data for three-pointers per game going back to the 1979-80 season. Klay Thompson 'looked like old Klay' in 54-point game, Draymond Green says One week shy of the one-year anniversary of his return, Thompson delivered one of his best performances yet Monday. His leadership. He had a great verticality in the first half at the rim, which thwarted a layup for them. Klay Thompson isnt just back, the Splash Brother singlehandedly has stepped up and kept the previously-drowning Warriors afloat in the wild expedition that is the Western Conference. How Injuries Have Affected Klay Thompson's Gameand - The Ringer Myers sees 'best version' of Klay willing Warriors to victory, kept the previously-drowning Warriors afloat, Why Santa Cruz coach says Quiones is ready for Dubs audition. Warriors take 3-0 regular-season lead over the Rockets: With the win, the Warriors have secured a winning record against the Rockets for the 2022-23 season. Donte DiVincenzo, Draymond Green, and Kevon Looney all project as mediocre point-per-dollar options, which puts them in play for the late slate. He just continues to make huge plays.". Thompson posted decent scoring numbers in this one, but his career-high 11 rebounds certainly stands out in what was a strong all-around showing for the veteran en route to his first double-double of the campaign. Overcoming a lot of deficits, turning up the defense and grinding out games down the stretch. If you are having difficulty accessing any content on this website, please visit our Accessibility page. It was the first time he opened a season since 2018. One week shy of the one-year anniversary of his return from 2 1/2-year absence due to injury, Thompson delivered one of his best performances yet Monday for the depleted Warriors, who were missing six players including stars Stephen Curry and Andrew Wiggins. Thompson also became the first player in NBA history to make 12 3-pointers in multiple games in a season. 2nd 01:11: Klay Thompson offensive rebound. 2022-2023 NBA Games: Trail Blazers Warriors Box Score Now, it's easy to put everything in perspective and appreciate being able to move my body and play with great pace and flow and not even hesitate or think about anything.". New Orleans faces Golden State following Ingram's 40-point game Thats not to say that Thompson isnt a leader by any means. Klay Thompson has put up 16.5 points per game versus the Lakers this season. Jordan Poole had 29 points, six assists and five rebounds, Klay Thompson scored 23 points and the Golden State Warriors rallied past Damian Lillard and the Portland Trail Blazers, 123-105 on Tuesday n Klay Thompson's 42 Points and 12 Triples Propel Dubs to Victory As a teammate, as a leader, hes playing great himself. "I think the best thing that we did is in the third quarter we took a few tough threes and then once we started touching the paint and kicking out, then it started rolling," said Donte DiVincenzo. Even without the services of Stephen Curry, the Rockets had a tough time trying to slow down the Warriors' 3-point shooting. * 21+ (19+ CA-ONT) (18+ NH/WY). Klay Thompson has put up 16.5 points per game versus the Lakers this season. Highlights: Klay Thompson catches fire for 42 points vs. Rockets He finished the night with a game-high 42 points on 12-of-19 shooting. NBA.com is part of Warner Media, LLCs Turner Sports & Entertainment Digital Network, host the Minnesota Timberwolves on Sunday afternoon. Massive Shooting DisparityThe Warriors outscored the Rockets by 45 points from 3-pointers alone. Thats a good team, a championship level team. Warriors' Steve Kerr hopes Jordan Poole one-on-one chat pays dividends Does it feel right to rank Klay Thompson higher than Reggie Miller? TSSAA basketball region tournament schedule for 2023 Knoxville area Dear Abby: I love my wife but I think I better get divorced, Bobcat seen using Highway 17 wildlife crossing hours after it opens, Harriette Cole: She has gone too far with the remote work option, Dear Abby: My wife said she doesn't like it, but it's part of my life, Miss Manners: I felt bad that they all skipped her baby shower -- and then I found out why, Drought is now over in more than half of California, including the Bay Area, feds say, Ask Amy: I feel guilty for not speaking up about my co-worker's activities, Kurtenbach: An unlikely combo could prove huge for the Warriors down the stretch, Wife of popular Wild 94.9 radio host JV says new information suggests 'he will not be coming back', California extends Bay Area tax deadlines to match IRS, As Adderall shortage continues, DEA plans to limit some telemedicine prescriptions, House where JonBenet Ramsey was found dead listed for sale for almost $7M, Columbia University permanently drops SAT, ACT admissions requirement, The Waterbed Doctor: California retailer lays claim to retro bed with nearly 40 years of service, sales, Felonious Florida podcast: Missing teenage girl leads to several cases of child sex trafficking, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. Donte DiVincenzo hit another 3 for his first basket of the game and then got an offensive rebound and assist on a dunk by Kuminga to make it 100-96 and Golden State held on from there.
13826378d2d51568cd1 Female Heart Fm Presenters, Edmonton Oilers Roster 2018 19, Firewood Permit Pike National Forest, What Does Chase Chrisley Do For A Living, Cancer Weekly Horoscope Susan Miller, Articles K