But what Kading says happened next a series of shocking moves within the LAPD's upper ranks would lead him to question whether his superiors wanted the rappers' murderers brought to justice. DX: Okay. Now David Kenner has what we call hes got privileged communications, because hes the attorney. They were the fruit of an intensive investigation by a special task force of LAPD officers plus agents from the Drug Enforcement Agency and Federal Bureau of Investigation that had begun years earlier, in May 2006. Sean Combs traveled in the other vehicle with Eugene "Gene" Deal, Tone, Stevie J and driver Kenny. And, its your assertion in Murder Rap that Suge Knight instructed Swann to contact Poochie to arrange the hit on Biggie while Mr. Knight was speaking on a prison phone that he knows was being recorded? Theresa Swann - Historical records and family trees - MyHeritage Much of the holes that youre gonna find in this is simply because there was nobody there to follow-up on the investigation once I got ripped out. (Knight would survive that night's shooting with a bullet wound to the head.). Theresa kept the remaining $12,000 for being a lookout to give info to Poochie of Biggie's location when he was leaving the party. Speaking on the 25th anniversary of Biggie's death, Kading told The Sun: Suge indirectly told Poochie to kill Biggie through Swann. There was never a last name or anything else connected to it. Teresa SwannWoodfin - Teresa Cynthia Sehion Swann, 45, passed away Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at her home.She was a daughter of Barry Sehion of Oteen and the late Linda Gail Martin.In addition to her Wallace's SUV stopped at a red light on the corner of Wilshire Boulevard and South Fairfax Avenue[8] just 50yd (46m) away. Detective Poole traded his job to pursue a labyrinth of failed litigation against LAPD. That expediency trumped everything, including the pledge to 'Protect and Serve' stenciled on the door of every black-and-white patrol car in the city.. [5] Wallace's entourage rushed him to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where doctors performed an emergency thoracotomy, but he was pronounced dead at 1:15a.m. (PST) at the age of 24. "[19] The Wallace suit had asked for $500 million from the city. On the eve of the trial, a key witness who was expected to testify, Kevin Hackie, revealed that he suffered memory lapses due to psychiatric medications. TMZ recently reported that he is pulling in only about $1,200 a month chump change compared to the glittering Death Row dynasty of old. We had very explicit orders that any developments regarding Mack, Perez or any other L.A.P.D. Knight is having a tougher time. Greg Kading: No, actually I dont. He came on early, he was claiming that Suge had tried to hire him to get some guns, and some other Suge associates were gonna go do the murder. Kading, who was assigned to the second investigation of Biggie's murder in 2006, claims to have received a confession from Theresa Swann (alias), the girlfriend and mother of one of Suge Knight . And maybe there was this lone Nation Of Islam guy, that Eugene Deal pointed out, that was acting as a spotter, or somehow tried to help coordinate it. Kading added: Suge would have figured out she spoke, but the reality was that he was not going to kill or harm the mother of his child, especially if she is working with law enforcement. Ms. Wallaces belief that former L.A.P.D. [1] Retired LAPD Officer Greg Kading alleged that Marion "Suge" Knight, the head of Death Row Records, orchestrated the murder in revenge for the September 1996 murder of Tupac Shakur in a similar drive-by homicide by gunshot.[2]. Kading, who led a major Federal task force probe into Biggie's murder, has revealed how his forces investigations and Suges ex - codenamed "Theresa Swann" - detailed how Suge's paid enforcer Darnell Poochie Fouse pulled the trigger on March 9, 1997. Kading also told Smith in a recorded phone call, It's always this way, man. On March 5, he gave a radio interview with The Dog House on San Francisco's KYLD, in which he stated that he had hired security because he feared for his safety. Theresa Swann See Photos Lives in Eight Mile, Alabama Theresa Swann See Photos Works at Happily Retired Lives in Alexandria, Louisiana Theresa Swann See Photos Theresa Swann (Terri Shoemaker Senesac) See Photos Works at MTS Ventures Design and Manufacturing Lives in Breinigsville, Pennsylvania Theresa Swann See Photos [9], Wallace's death was mourned by fellow hip hop artists and fans worldwide. Swann broke down in tears and gave detectives the story in her own words: Knight, reeling from Shakur's death, ended up giving her $13,000 to pay Poochie for a revenge hit on Smalls, according to LAPD documents reviewed by L.A. Weekly. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. Blasts LAPD Over Autopsy Report", "Notorious B.I.G. Suges criminal instincts kept him from taking the bait when she raised Biggies death. His wife had temporarily left him. What have you heard about this conspiracy to murder [Biggie]? We made a point of that. All Im trying to say here is that, that I.D., the video I.D. After losing Biggie Smalls, he expanded his hip-hop empire newly titled Bad Boy Entertainment Worldwide to encompass the film, restaurant and apparel industries. What do you know about Rafael Perez? ", Loose Women star lined up to be Strictly's first contestant in wheelchair, GMB's Kate Garraway reveals crippling cost of caring for her husband Derek, Mum identified after dead baby is found on heathland, Radio star rushed to hospital after suffering brain haemorrhage, News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. Voletta Wallace's lawyer, Perry Sanders, tells the Weekly he suspended her lawsuit in part because she and the federal judge on the case strongly believed that LAPD was relaunching the investigation in full force. As you will read in the book, I was pulled off the task force shortly after her confession and I never got a chance to do all the follow-up stuff that needed to be done. Theresa lived at address, Vermont. Within weeks, despite 22 devoted years on the force, in a move the fiercely independent Detective Harry Bosch might pull in a Michael Connelly novel, Kading turned in his LAPD badge and walked out the door. Wallace cited that the reasons for the decision were not only the ongoing East CoastWest Coast hip hop feud and the murder of Tupac Shakur six months prior, but that security was simply a necessity for high-profile celebrity figures in general. What real benefit does the LAPD have in closing the case when all it's going to do is create a negative public response?". Greg Kading: No, I dont believe that. [13] The New York Times described Broomfield's documentary as a "largely speculative" and "circumstantial" account relying on flimsy evidence, failing to "present counter-evidence" or "question sources. He cited the prosecution's failure to disclose evidence to the defense, such as phone calls between Kading and Smith and between Kading and Del Real, as well as his police notebooks. None were serious violations of court discovery rules. Which means, they dont have to talk on a phone, it means they meet in the attorney-client area of the jail where they can have full contact, non-monitored conversations because its attorney-client [privilege]. member Lil' Cease, and driver Gregory "G-Money" Young. Swann wore a body-wire during a meet with Suge, now out of prison, which ended in failure. L.A. Weekly has verified her identity as Knight's longtime lover and business associate but has chosen not to reveal her. DX: Just out of curiosity though, did you ever converse with Russell Poole during your investigation? Amir Muhammad was a name actually, there was never an Amir Muhammads name, there was just an Amir, which was part of a clue given by a jailhouse informant named Michael Robinson. DX: Now, I dont know if you can answer this question, but I do need to ask it: Is Theresa Swann actually former Death Row Records artist, and mother of Suge Knights nine-year-old daughter, Michelle? The suit also named two LAPD officers in the center of the investigation into the Rampart scandal, Perez and Nino Durden. In his confession, Keffe D takes the officers on a trip back to the night Shakur died. But investigators are like softball parents: Their kid is always better than your kid. Kading conducted Swanns interviews, but noted them on police interview forms rather than audio tape. Teresa Swann (104 matches): Phone Number, Email, Address - Spokeo Join Facebook to connect with Theresa Swann and others you may know. Suge told her to go see Poochie and take care of Biggie. Theresa Swann | Facebook Perhaps luckily for the rappers' families and fans still seeking closure, Kading made copies of nearly every investigative report and taped confession before he left LAPD. Theresa has been a resident of six cities, including Navarre, FL and Gulf Breeze, FL. I managed the case, I made the recommendation to my superiors as to what I wanted to do, had concurrence to do it and, I'll be quite honest with you, I'd do it again right now. She's named "Theresa Swann" in Murder Rap for her own protection. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected. The allegations that blame Tupac Shakur's murder on Sean Combs tend to strengthen a different, yet equally controversial, L.A. Times article from 2008, in which Philips fingers Combs for initially setting up a bloody mugging of Shakur in 1994, two years before he was killed in Las Vegas. The Murders of gangsta rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. Kevin McClure with the blessing of brand-new LAPD Chief Charlie Beck. officers helped coordinate the shooting of her son outside of the Petersen Automotive Museum in the early hours of March 9, 1997. "The sense is let lying dogs lie and that is not likely to change. Film 'City of Lies' Pulled From Release Schedule", "Mark Saylor dies at 58; former Times editor oversaw Pulitzer-winning series", "Man No Longer Under Scrutiny in Rapper's Death", "Informant in Rap Star's Slaying Admits Hearsay", "Hip-Hop Homicide "Worth More Dead Than Alive" Crime Library on", "LAPD launching new Notorious BIG task force", "Interview: Suge Knight paid Poochie $900 before killing B.I.G. But for Duane Keffe D Keith Davis, a shot caller for the Southside Crips, it now happens to be his lawyer's office. Because, the bottom of thats already been taken out and refuted. While her real name has been mentioned online and in books, Swann has always shied away from the limelight. It's nothing.' Theresa lived in Saint Albans, Vermont 05478, USA. Read 10 highlights from the Keffe D confessions. Name: Theresa Kay Swann: Credentials: Real Estate Broker: Experience: 34 yrs: Complete Address: 13062 Hwy 190 W, P O . The defense later obtained many older phone recordings on its own, and Wilson made clear it was the U.S. Attorney's fault. In response, LAPD told The Sun: "The case is still open and Robbery and Homicide Division will not be commenting. Greg Kading: We believe its a guy named Poochie, who was a Blood affiliate of Suge Knights. Now Eugene Deals looking at Amir Muhammad but hes also now seeing Cause you know there were two [sketches of the suspected shooter], right? Sanders says he can't remember which LAPD official under Beck made this promise, but definitely recalls it being made. He only gives that description after hes gone and talked to Eugene Deal. Poole's theory quickly gained solid ground in high places, and motivated Voletta Wallace to sue LAPD in federal court. Smalls, a 400-pound Brooklyn native, was slain in a March 1997 drive-by shooting while rolling out of a star-studded party at the Petersen Automotive Museum in L.A.'s Miracle Mile. In another defense snippet, Kading talked to Derrick Smith about big money proof, Torres' lawyers alleged, that Kading was trying to bribe a star witness. Swann wore a body-wire during a meet with Suge, now out of prison, which ended in failure. Kading did not know it, but his mother's plan was to drive south of the border to meet a boyfriend who was buying drugs, then smuggle the stash into California under the guise of a vacationing family. [31] The case remains officially unsolved, despite a good amount of evidence being found. However, he mentions this Amir/Ashmir/Kenny/Keke guy is supposedly a Nation Of Islam guy, and maybe he was a Crip affiliate or maybe a Crip, and hes a hit-man. I dont know how familiar you are with interrogation practices, [but] a lot of times, especially when youre dealing with people with these kind of criminal backgrounds, theyre much more likely to I wont say be at ease, because its never that. Long before Kading stepped into what many believe to be the cursed unsolved mystery of Shakur's and Smalls' murders, a storm of rumors and news stories suggested that a few bad apples within the LAPD had been involved in Smalls' killing. Now chief of police in Montebello, McClure says Kading's perception is skewed. It was described by The New York Times as "one of the longest running and most contentious celebrity cases in history. Teresa Swann Obituary (1966 - 2012) - Woodfin, NC - Legacy.com It may be hard to understand that sum for taking someones life, but to those guys it was a different mentality.. [35] The Wallace family refiled the suit, dropping the state law claims on May 27, 2008. Theresa Swann We found 31 records for Theresa Swann in PA, LA and 16 other states. I wouldve loved to talk to some of the other people on the plaintiffs witness list, but we just simply couldnt because the legal politics involved. The driver of the Impala, a black male, rolled down his window, drew a 9mm blue-steel pistol and fired at the SUV; four bullets hit Wallace. The following evening, March 8, he and the Bad Boy Records entourage attended an after-party hosted by Vibe magazine and Qwest Records at the Petersen Automotive Museum set up by Kidada Jones in the Carthay Circle community of Los Angeles. Best Match Powered by Whitepages Premium AGE Theresa Lynn Swann Breinigsville, PA (Trexlertown) Aliases Theresa Lynn Shoemaker Theresa Lynn Senesac View Full Report Addresses For other inquiries, Contact Us. Greg Kading: No, I dont, actually. The team's official mission was solving Biggie Smalls' murder, while Shakur's murder case was under the jurisdiction of Las Vegas police. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO), Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. Kading's job was to look into several murders possibly connected to Torres. . If Death Row didnt retaliate Tupacs murder then talk is that they are punk bitches for letting Bad Boy walk over them. Kading was certain that by tracking down a couple more Crips allegedly involved in Shakur's murder, and by wiretapping phone conversations between Knight and his lover Swann, the LAPD finally would have enough evidence to solve hip-hop's greatest murder mysteries. [4] Other guests included Faith Evans, Aaliyah, Chris Tucker, the Wayans brothers, Ginuwine, Irv Gotti, Jewell, Jermaine Dupri, Da Brat, Missy Elliot, Timbaland, Kenny Burns, DJ Clue, Clark Kent, DJ Quik, Ed Lover, and members of the Bloods and Crips gangs. Theresa Elizabeth Swann (1925-2007) - Find a Grave Memorial Sure enough, just five months after Keffe D alleged he'd watched his nephew, Baby Lane Anderson, kill Shakur on orders from Sean Combs, Kading's investigative team hit a second home run when one of Suge Knight's baby mommas fingered Knight as having handed her the money to pay for Smalls' murder. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers. Though Kading is well aware of the litigation to which he's exposing himself by implicating Combs and Knight the wealthy Combs threatened to sue the Los Angeles Times over much less Kading believes that the story's bigger than the LAPD, and that if he doesn't share his findings with the public, nobody's ever going to know what really happened.. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, Notorious B.I.G. The man who shocked the Hip Hop world by challenging the seemingly solid theory put forth by Russell Poole regarding the murder of Biggie Smalls further raised eyebrows in his discussion with DX by refuting several previously established facts in the case, and even challenged one of the most convincing criminal identifications ever captured on film. Wallace's autopsy report was released to the public in December 2012, fifteen years after his death. And thats where the solicitation and the conspiracy was fostered. Greg Kading: No, absolutely not. A barrel-chested black man with a front tooth missing, relaxed yet instinctively cautious, is seated across from four spellbound cops in a glass-walled conference room at 8200 Wilshire Blvd. After speaking with a handful of gang members, Philips wrote a 2002 front-page article accusing Biggie Smalls of paying the Crips $1 million to knock off his West Coast competition. And if you look at the initial statements of Eugene Deal, and Lil Cease, if you look at the eyewitnesses statements [from the people] that were actually in the car, theyre very vague, and theyre very contradictory. and Tupac Shakur from 2006-2009 as part of a joint L.A.P.D./federal task force that set out initially to solve the murder of Biggie Smalls in the wake of his mother Voletta Wallaces multi-million dollar lawsuit against the city of Los Angeles for allegedly covering up the fact that then on-duty L.A.P.D. Transcript of Slow Burn: Season 3, Episode 8. - Slate Magazine Aiken - Ms. Theresa H. "Teri" Swann, 62, passed away Tuesday, December 6, 2022. Voletta Wallace's attorney Sanders tells the Weekly that Kading's book does not meaningfully refute theories that corrupt LAPD cops were involved, and Sanders does not believe that alleged co-conspirators Swann, Knight and Poochie could have known Smalls was at the Petersen Automotive Museum party on the night he was gunned down. In the three years he worked that case, he was keeping tabs on Smith and Del Real in preparation for Torres' trial in 2009. Theresa Swann - Address & Phone Number | Whitepages Confidential? Trust me, if theres anybody that I wanted to be guilty, it was David Mack. Do you believe that he didnt see what he thought he saw? And so when you have these guys and [theyre like], What did you see? The first thing he thought was, What the f*** are you going to be asking these questions for?, Suges defense was, I do not know what you are talking about.. Two years later, Kading moved north, where he became a rising star at LAPD. Kading added: Suge would have figured out she spoke, but the reality was that he was not going to kill or harm the mother of his child, especially if she is working with law enforcement. In July 2005, Internal Affairs seized all information pertaining to Mack which, at that point, was directly related to the Smalls investigation for its own sealed-off, top-secret investigation into the corrupt cop. The conversation was almost 12 years on from the murder and he would have suspected something with her all of a sudden bringing this stuff back up. But Kading says the big money was an official $50,000 reward being offered in an entirely different case that Smith knew something about. For the third time, Wilson determined that a discovery violation had occurred. Kevin McClure, who supervised the task force as head of the Robbery-Homicide Division, confirms that he got approval from LAPD brass to dismantle the team. He had been wrongly accused of the U.S. Attorney's errors, and he had already elicited two confessions that put him on the brink of solving Shakur's and Smalls' murders yet had been yanked from the case. Were precluded from having any conversations. About a year later, LAPD led by new Chief Charlie Beck chose to not make any public statement that its probe had cleared Kading, whose life was falling apart. officers (and affiliates of then CEO of Death Row Records, Marion Suge Knight) David Mack and Rafael Perez directed the godfather of Macks children, Amir Muhammad, in the shooting death of her son stemmed from initial investigating done by former L.A.P.D. In 2006, Wallace's mother, Voletta Wallace, his widow, Faith Evans, and his children T'yanna Jackson and Christopher Jordan "CJ" Wallace, filed a $400 million second wrongful death lawsuit against the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) alleging that corrupt officers were responsible for Wallace's death. But investigators on the special task force determined early on that the two cases were as inseparable as the street-gang rivalries that ran through them.
Ark Hover Skiff Spawn Command, Camel Cigarettes Pocket Knife, Articles T