"Hearst has been a staple of my life and my family's life for nearly 30 years, and each day, its creativity, community leadership and customer focus make me proud. Now Streaming WBAL Talk . Cary L. Pahigian, one of radio's most familiar and accomplished executives, has decided to step away, effective March 31, from the position he has held since 2014 as president and general manager of Hearst Television's legacy Baltimore radio stations to explore several new professional opportunities.Pahigian's duties will be added to those held by Dan Joerres, a 24-year Hearst Television veteran who since 2011 has served as president and general manager of WBAL-TV, and, since 2014, as Pahigian's close partner and collaborator on numerous joint Radio-TV initiatives, including Baltimore Ravens football. This feels like the right time and I wanted to do it in a respectful manner for the company and not surprise them on it. Its a constant evolution. He will be receiving the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) Foundation . I look forward to working with Steve and Jordan to continue capitalizing on our success and the extraordinary opportunities ahead.". Hearst Television is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hearst. Weekdays, 2pm - 6pm. Dan Joerres - WBAL Torrey and Dan. Ray Shero is out as New Jersey Devils' general manager Tuesday marks the opening of the "franchise tag window" during which NFL teams can place a franchise tag on a player. Atlanta held a virtual interview with Fontenot on Jan. 6, but could not meet with him in person while New Orleans was in the playoffs. Hearst Television participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Commanding and influential public speaker and crisis manager. The station manager reportedly took some responsibility for the disaster but other factors were at play, his lawyer said, according to Reuters. WBAL NewsRadio 1090/FM 101.5 and 98 ROCK are now the official radio home of the Orioles, while WBAL-TV, WBAL NewsRadio 1090/FM 101.5 and 98 ROCK are the official broadcast partners to the Ravens. Pahigian's duties will be added to those held by Dan Joerres, a 24-year Hearst Television veteran who since 2011 has served as president and general manager of WBAL-TV and, since 2014, as Pahigian's close partner and collaborator on numerous joint Radio-TV initiatives, including Baltimore Ravens football. ", Wertlieb added: "Throughout his entire career, Mike has been an important voice in our company and an instrumental thought leader during his tenure in corporate leadership and specifically over the last year as Hearst Television's chief operating officer. In 1999, Wertlieb was promoted to general sales manager of WBAL-TV, Hearst Television's NBC affiliate in Baltimore, where, in 2005, he became the station's president and general manager. -. "When Cary joined us eight years ago, he brought a wealth of experience at many of the nation's most honored radio stations," Hearst Television President Jordan Wertlieb said in a statement. Trains were not running anywhere in Greece on Thursday after members of the Federation of Railway Employees decided to strike for 24 hours following the train crash. Call or Text (410 . The latest breaking updates, delivered straight to your email inbox. Search over 700 Blank said the additions of such GMs as Fontenot will help pave the way for more diversity in coaching hires. Weekdays, 2pm - 6pm. "He's my quarterback, he's my guy," Harbaugh said. Speaking at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis on Wednesday, DeCosta said the team has four-to-six options for dealing with Jackson, depending on what happens with contract negotiations. Watch Now. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Daily industry headlines plus breaking news bulletins. After two decades of success in numerous leadership positions, he came to the New York corporate office in 2013 as a senior vice president and group head. 2019, Hearst Television Inc. on behalf of WBAL NewsRadio 1090 and FM 101.5. Fontenot was the fifth candidate to interview for the GM job. WBAL Radio 1090 AM - Bruins lock up Pastrnak with 8-year, $90M deal through 2031 . While I plan more adventures for my ongoing career, I leave Hearst with my gratitude for their support and providing me the opportunity of a lifetime.. Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies and has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism, industry innovation, and community service. Ravens GM, coach hopeful Lamar Jackson long-term deal will happen At least 57 people have been confirmed dead and more than 80 others injured in the head-on collision between a freight train and a passenger train Tuesday night in Tempi, near the city of Larissa, officials said, as the death toll has continued to rise in the wake of the fiery crash. Torrey and Dan. To learn more about Hearst, visit hearst.com. Pahigian Stepping Down as GM of WBAL - Radio Ink ""I joined WBAL and 98 ROCK because of the exceptional leadership team and extraordinary culture at Hearst Television," Pahigian said in a statement. DeCosta and Harbaugh have been clear that their intention is to reach a long-term agreement with Jackson. WBAL NewsRadio is Baltimore's longtime news/talk leader and among the nation's most-honored radio stations, earning dozens of regional and several national Edward R. Murrow Awards. Aldam is the immediate past chairman of the News Media Alliance and trustee of the American Press Institute, on the board of directors of Slickdeals - a leading digital shopping community, and one of the founding consortium partners of Nucleus Marketing Solutions. Now Streaming WBAL Talk . The Washington Football Team has hired Martin Mayhew as its general manager and Marty Hurney as executive vice president of football and player personnel. During Pahigian's tenure, WBAL Radio burnished its journalistic reputation. Saatva Mattress Review: Our Pick for the Best Overall Bed of 2023, We Found 12 Cute Planters and Flower Pots That Cost Less Than $25, Here's Where to Watch and Stream Marvel's 'Ant Man and the Wasp: Quantumania' Online. "Dan is a talented television executive, well prepared to step into this important role at WBAL-TV," Barrett said. Tom Coale. Lorem ipsum dolor sit, amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Phone Number. In my opinion, I think the diversity of the pool of candidates for both the general managers and the head coaches this year was excellent and I also think for coordinators, Blank said Tuesday. Beauchamp spent 34 years at the helm of one of the most powerful radio stations in Maryland before retiring in 2009. Weekdays, 5:30am - 10am. Prior to moving to WTAE, Hayes was president and general manager of Hearst's WYFF-TV, the NBC affiliate in the Greenville-Spartanburg, South Carolina, television market, from 2003-2011. WBAL Radio 1090 AM - Chicago Cubs hire Carter Hawkins as general manager . Radio Ink is a registered trademark of Streamline Publishing, Inc. Producing morning news cuts ins by writing news copy in the AP ENPS newsroom system, Operating teleprompter in . Read; . Saturdays, 10am - 11am. After 45 years in the radio business, Ed Kiernan Friday told the staff at WBAL that he will be retiring this summer as vice president and general manager of radio stations WBAL-AM and WIYY-FM. He's also the former general manager of WBAL-TV 11. . Dan and his wife, Annemarie, have four children and live in Baltimore County. announced Monday on social media the death of its beloved friend and general manager WBAL (AM) - Wikipedia Fontenot's three children wore newly purchased Falcons gear at his virtual news conference. Greek state TV reported that the two trains were running on the same line for 12 minutes, or a distance of about 11 miles. March 7, 2022. People Search International membuka lowongan General Manager di Baltimore Orioles Move To WBAL & WIYY - RadioInsight ", "I joined WBAL and 98 ROCK because of the exceptional leadership team and extraordinary culture at Hearst Television," Pahigian said in a statement. Aldam joined Hearst in 2006 as publisher of the Albany Times Union, where he served for three years before adding the Connecticut Media Group to his group publishing role. Russ had been at WBAL since 2011; he was also a traffic and news reporter at WTOP from 1986 to 1991, and had co-hosted Tech Talk Radio on Federal News Network since 2007. free lookups / month. Associate Producer - WBAL-TV 11 Baltimore - LinkedIn Ravens General Manager Eric DeCosta and Head Coach John Harbaugh remained hopeful the team could get a long-term deal done with Jackson ahead of Tuesday's franchise tag deadline. Its to continue to serve the public and be the first informers of Baltimore.. Named to the 2022 class of distinguished alumni, he serves as a board member of the Indiana University Media School. djoerres@hearst.com. Cary Pahigian steps away as president/GM of WBAL Radio, 98 Rock Saturdays, 7am - 10am. "When Cary joined us eight years ago, he brought a wealth of experience at many of the nation's most honored radio stations," Hearst Television President Jordan Wertlieb said in a statement. WBAL NewsRadio 1090/FM 101.5 and 98 ROCK are now the official radio home of the Orioles, while WBAL-TV, WBAL NewsRadio 1090/FM 101.5 and 98 ROCK are the official broadcast partners to the Ravens. Wertlieb began his television career in 1986 and held research and sales positions at Katz Communications before joining Hearst. Sundays, 7am - 10am. Hearst Television's Jordan Wertlieb honored with RTDNA First - wbal.com Experience in team environments and working independently, innovative and able to push through tight deadlines to meet and exceed . WBAL Radio employs 23 employees. The Pistons made the playoffs last season but were 20-46 in 2019-20 when the season was suspended because of the coronavirus. His death was reported by the station this week. In 2020, Pahigian was recognized nationwide as Radio Ink's General Manager of the Year.Pahigian joined Hearst Television from Saga Communications, where he was president and general manager of a nine-station radio group in Portland, Maine. To listen to WBAL Radio, click the button to get your daily WBAL Radio news and talk. Home; Shows. He began his broadcast television career as a sportscaster and producer at WISH-TV - at the time, the CBS affiliate in Indianapolis, Indiana. The Falcons previously met with former Houston Texans GM Rick Smith, Atlanta director of college scouting Anthony Robinson and two other directors of college scouting, Brad Holmes of the Los Angeles Rams and Morocco Brown of the Indianapolis Colts. 62 Mostly Cloudy. "WBAL-TV looks forward to being part of this new unique partnership with the Orioles," said Dan Joerres, President and General Manager of WBAL-TV. "Through our various television, radio, digital, and social media platforms, we are excited to use our powerful broadcast assets to reach O's fans throughout the state of Maryland, as well as . Hayes was named an executive vice president and group head of Hearst Television in 2017, with operational oversight over a portfolio of Hearst Television markets. I'm optimistic." Add languages. 98 ROCK's "Justin, Scott & Spiegel" are the market's dominant morning show; they also host a highly rated WBAL-TV show. Expect More. million verified professionals across 35 million companies. The latest breaking updates, delivered straight to your email inbox. Home; Shows. Pahigian tells Radio Ink he plans to explore other opportunities at this time. Its major interests include global financial services leader Fitch Group; Hearst Health, a group of medical information and services businesses; Hearst Transportation, which includes CAMP Systems International, a major provider of software-as-a-service solutions for managing maintenance of jets and helicopters; ownership in cable television networks such as A&E, HISTORY, Lifetime and ESPN; 33 television stations; 24 daily and 52 weekly newspapers; digital services businesses; and nearly 260 magazines around the world. ATLANTA (AP) The Atlanta Falcons on Tuesday named Terry Fontenot the team's first Black general manager, and team owner Arthur Blank said it's the kind of hire that will eventually also create more opportunities for NFL minority coaches. WBAL Radio 1090 AM - Kane trade reinforces hard reality of Blackhawks rebuild . Saatva Mattress Review: Our Pick for the Best Overall Bed of 2023, We Found 12 Cute Planters and Flower Pots That Cost Less Than $25, Here's Where to Watch and Stream Marvel's 'Ant Man and the Wasp: Quantumania' Online. WBAL Radio - YouTube New Executive Leadership Roles - Hearst In 2020, Pahigian was Radio Inks Radio Wayne General Manager of the Year. Dimitroff and Quinn helped build a team that advanced to the Super Bowl in the 2016 season and returned to the playoffs the following year. After days of speculation, the harsh reality of the Chicago Blackhawks' situation was reinforced by one move in a flurry of transactions ahead of the NHL trade deadline. WBAL NewsRadios popular "C4 & Bryan Nehman" morning show is a must-listen for breaking news and analysis in Maryland.During Pahigian's tenure, WBAL Radio burnished its journalistic reputation. All rights reserved. The future of the industry is bright. DETROIT (AP) The Detroit Pistons are beginning a search for a candidate who could became the teams general manager, according to a person with knowledge of the situation. Strong leadership and management skills, able to drive the Company's performance and growth while ensuring Good Corporate Governance within the Company. Dan is also the past Chairman of the Maryland, DC, Delaware State Broadcasters Association.
Minimum Lot Size For Septic System In Tennessee, Articles W