Governor Godwin Obaseki date of birth is 1 July 1957. His father name is Pa Roland Obaseki (late) while his mother is Madam Stella Gbinigie. Everything you need to know about the 14th President of Nigeria. News ), Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. My children understand what a cane symbolises, so when I mention it, everybody falls in line. Disregard APC's Lies, Obaseki Not Sponsoring Any Protest - Osagie But when I got married, I realised that unionism was not applicable at home because it would look like I was oppressing my wife. He is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers of Nigeria and an alumnus of the Lagos Business School Chief Executive Programme. He won the election and assumed office on the 12th of November 2016. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. Governor Godwin Obaseki has said critics of his government are people who have mischievous intentions in Edo State. He was sworn in as the governor on 12 November 2016. Obaseki was disqualified from his second term governorship agenda by APC over alleged inconsistency in his academic certificate and observers pointed accusing fingers on Oshiomhole. He was also a Director of Junior Achievement of Nigeria the local affiliate of international Non Profit Organisation (NGO). Betsy received her higher education at the University of Lagos, where she earned her Bachelors and Masters degrees in Accounting. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki yesterday cautioned leaders and members of the proscribed Edo Peoples Movement (EPM) to desist from activities and statements capable of causing breakdown of law . [36] The governor had had a running battle with his predecessor, Comrade Oshiomhole, the National Chairman of the APC, who headed the party's National Working Committee (NWC) at the time, which constituted the screening committee. He was born in Benin, Edo state. He also drives a Range Rover Velar and a Lexus LX570. He was also nominated as a Global Leader . My wife had a child shortly after our wedding, so it was a perfect time. He was first elected governor under the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the year 2016 where He defeated Mr. Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the PDP and was sworned in as governor on 12 November 2016. Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has hailed his Delta State counterpart, Ifeanyi Okowa, on his emergence as the running mate to the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the . I became a father years after I completed my National Youth Service Corps programme. Neither he nor Betsy have shared any of that information. He is a businessman, politician, and expert in investments. Other organisations he had worked with include, Seric Impianti International Ltd., Dorman Long Engineering Ltd., Junior Achievement of Nigeria, Pillar Oil Ltd. and many others. The governor is married to a financial expert like him. Legislators, Child Advocates Call On Hobbs To Bring Back Ducey's Head This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. [12], Obaseki began his career as a stockbroker in 1983 with Capital Trust Brokers Limited, Lagos. It is no surprise that Mr. Obaseki has chosen a worthy person to become Mrs. Obaseki. Former governor of Edo State and former National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has lampooned the governor of Edo State, Mr Godwin Obaseki over reports that he should be arrested for allegedly instigating the protests that erupted in the state last week because of the new naira notes controversy. He was the company's chairman of the board of directors. I would have made some mistakes that would not have helped me to build a good home. He is an avid golfer. Our backend team helps with the entire process. Gov. He attended Columbia University USA and Pace University, New York where he got his MBA in Finance and International Business. On 19 June 2020, Obaseki decamped to the Peoples Democratic Party and declared his intentions to seek re-election on the platform. Governor Godwin Obaseki - Facebook There isnt a biological child living with Governor Obaseki and his wife, Betty. He earned himself a Masters degree in Finance and International Business. Obaseki does not have the power to order for my arrest - Oshiomhole Afterward, he traveled from Nigeria to the US to study at Pace University and Columbia University in New York, where he earned an MBA in Finance and International Business. He is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Shes a B.Sc. Now that you know more about Godwin Obasekis life, how about his wife? Just like most Nigerian state governors, Godwin Obaseki rides a bulletproof Lexus 570 as an official car, >>> You might want to know: Any child kept in a hostel for pre-senior secondary school can be subjected to abuse because the age of maturity is not on their side. He is a Trustee of the Dr Jackson Owen Obaseki Foundation, a family-owned Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). In that capacity, he pioneered a number of policy reforms that saw the state restructure its public finance, secure funding for infrastructure and improve the business environment to attract investment in power, agriculture and other critical sectors. In the early days when my son was born, I had to allow my wife to sleep while I was awake to take care of the baby. I teach them to sweep the house. The company which was formerly known as Securities Transactions & Trust Company Limited has grown to be recognized among the most renowned investment banking and management firms in the country. [43] According to the Premium times publication on 9 January 2021, the Federal High Court in Abuja dismissed the certificate forgery suit instituted by the All Progressives Congress (APC) against Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State.[44]. The teachers at school are there to teach them how to read and write but science and arts dont amount to morality or good and bad. He moved to AVC Funds Limited, Lagos, in 1988, where he served as a Project Manager. The surname Gover was first found in Oxfordshire, where the Gover family was anciently seated as Lords of the Manor. He publicly stated in October 2019 that he will be running for a second term in the State's Gubernatorial election coming up in 2020 stating that his re-election is non-negotiable. Online magazine for Africans. Edo election: Supreme Court has told Obaseki, Shaibu to stop wasting He later left Nigeria for the United States to attend Columbia University and Pace University in New York, where he obtained an MBA in Finance and International Business. Before winning the Edo State gubernatorial elections in 2016,Godwin served as voluntary Chairman of the Edo State Economic and Strategy Team. In education, Obaseki launched the Edo Basic Education Transformation (Edo BEST)programme, an initiative to train and equip public school teachers with top-of-the-range skills and expertise for deploying Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in classrooms to improve learning outcomes. Soon, newspaper reports emerged, but most importantly, #opinion (628 Views) Oshiomole Have Relegated Top Pdp Goons: Obaseki Be Wary / "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments / Governor Godwin Obaseki Sleeping At UN General Assembly (photos) I won't leave PDP for . The moment I see them messing up, I correct them immediately. [5], Obaseki holds post graduate degrees in both Finance and International Business,[6] and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers, Nigeria. What's more? He has also vigorously pushed Edo state as a viable investment destination. There were usually moments characterised by tension during my wifes first pregnancy. Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Obaseki is very charitable and works as a trustee for the Dr. Jackson Owen Obaseki Foundation, a family-run Organization that offers free medical and educational assistance to those who are less fortunate. How did you balance your work and family life as a young banker? Obaseki was also instrumental in attracting the Edo-Azura power project, with support from World Bank to the state. He was controversially disqualified from contesting in the APC primary elections by the screening committee due to his disagreements with the National chairman of the party and his predecessor in office comrade Adams Oshiomhole. All rights reserved. The reason behind Edo State being referred to as the Heartbeat of the Nation, is because it is a home of the Bini people. During her work as the Head of Strategy, Betsy was responsible for developing the first Customer Service Charter of Bank of Industry. He performed his required one-year National Youth Service in Jos, Plateau State. An alleged certificate forgery suit was instituted by the All Progressives Congress (APC) against Gov. If you do become governor, depending on your state, you can serve anywhere from a two-year term to a four . Gov. That is all we can tell you about Edo State Governor and his wife. Obaseki served as the USs secretary of the Africa Chamber of Commerce since its formation in 1992. From 1993 to 1995, Godwin worked as a principal of a financial advisory firm in New York, Equatorial Finance Co, which was focused on financial matters in Africa. No. Before we continue, here's a quick rundown on Godwin Obaseki's profile and a few things you'd love to know about him: Godwin Obaseki Biography, Date Of Birth, Early Life, Family And Education. In addition to that, she also worked with a non-profit organisation Ladies Aware, which empowered young women through providing them with proper education and skills. Would you like any of them to become a politician in Nigeria? With an estimated net worth of $680 million, Afe Babalola is the richest man in Ekiti state and one of Nigerias richest attorneys. How do you instil discipline in your children? He was Secretary of the Committee on the Implementation of the Law, Establishing the present Edo University, Iyamho, and member of the Committee on Contributory Pension Scheme and Edo SEEFOR/DPO Steering Committee, respectively. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. The Edo State governor, Godwin Obaseki [PHOTO CREDIT: @godwinobasekiofficial] Edo hires 1,000 teachers - Governor Obaseki "We have made a commitment that no child will sit on the ground to . Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki is a Nigerian politician and businessman, who is currently the Governor of Edo State. 7. A people well known for their ancient civilization, tradition and advanced political administration. Make sure you follow them on social media, as well as on their websites, so that you do not miss anything news from them. Those states are Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi . in Accounting from the University of Lagos, and an alumnus of the Kellogs School of Business Executive Management Programme, USA. However, she was doing this even before her husband was elected. At the 2001 World Economic Forum, he was nominated to be a Global Leader for Tomorrow. The governor is likely going to seek re-election next year. The Bible even supports that one shouldnt spare the rod because that could spoil the child. Mr. Obaseki established the first derivative product, the Nigerian International Debt Fund (NIDF), on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, which allowed Nigerians to invest local savings in US Dollar instruments. He was controversially disqualified from contesting in the APC primary elections by the screening committee due to his disagreements with the National chairman of the party and his predecessor in office comrade Adams Oshiomhole.[21][22]. Obaseki left the shores of Nigeria to go further his studies abroad. Obaseki started his early education at the St. Matthews Anglican Primary School. To raise UD$ 50 million from the foreign capital market, a Nigerian bank issued Global Depositary Shares (GDS), which he provided advice on. In September 2016, he stepped down from his position as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Afrinvest to contest the gubernatorial election in Edo State. During the September 13 governorship debate with Ize-Iyamu, Obaseki said: "having become governor, he (Oshiomhole) had his own personal agenda and he thought I would be so subservient. She had the child at 3am. The governor later decamped to the People's Democratic Party on 19 June 2020 where he contested, >>> Check out: Born in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria, Obaseki is the third child of Late Pa Roland Obaseki and Gbinigie of Owina Street, Ogbelaka Quarters, Benin City. He was the gubernatorial candidate of the Edo state People's Democratic Party for the 2016 Edo state gubernatorial election. Governor Obaseki made the disclosure on Thursday, August 27, during his re-election campaign rally in Usen, Ovia South West local government area of Edo state. Godwin Obaseki was born on the1st of July, 1957 in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria as the third child in his family. Check your inbox to be the first to know the hottest news. I teach them to greet their seniors when they wake up in the morning. In January 2018, his government established the Edo State Investment Promotion Office (ESIPO) to facilitate investments and stakeholders engagements so as to improve the business environment in the state. 1b. Godwin Obaseki - Wikipedia In addition to that, she also studied International Law and Diplomacy, and she has a Masters degree to show for it. The love is there, only it is hidden from the public eye, as it should be. Theres no substantial evidence to the public to prove such, but it is said that they are related as theyre members of the famed Obaseki family of Edo State. Even the governor was aware that I had to leave before Christmas, irrespective of what was happening in the state, to spend Christmas with my family. At the elections held in November 2016, he ran for governor of Edo State and won on the All Progressive Congress (APC) platform. Video of singer with MC Oluomo at KWAM 1s 66th birthday party stirs reactions, 2023 election: 7 states discontinue suit against FG challenging declaration of Tinubu as president-elect, Atedo Peterside, ex-Stanbic IBTC boss, says the naira redesign Became currency seizure, 2 easy and quick methods to activate your MTN transfer PIN code, 100+ awesome paladin names: find a perfect name for your character, Eating in the dream - what does it mean? All rights reserved. Edo 2020: Tinubu attacks Obaseki as governor threatens to end [1], Obaseki was born in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria, Obaseki is the third child of Late Pa Roland Obaseki and Gbinigie of Owina Street, Ogbelaka Quarters, Benin City. Oranmiyan chose his son Eweka to be the first Oba of Benin. She also obtained her Master's degree from the same institution. Governor Godwin Obaseki doesn't have a child with his wife yet. Many Anglo-Saxon surnames survived . She looked at me in a way that suggested that I was responsible for her pain. He said the ruling was victory for truth, and victory rule of law. Between 2006 and 2009, he served as a member of the Nigerian Stock Exchange Council. Godwin Obaseki is married to Betsy Bene Obaseki, a native of Buguma, Kalabari kingdom, Rivers State. Before becoming the Edo State Governor, Obaseki served as Chairman of the Economic and Strategy Team (EST). Fourteen states have inmate release programs allowing inmates with records of good behavior to work at the governor's residence. He also served in the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission Committee on the Re-activation of the Nigerian Bond Market and the review of the Investment and Securities Act. Wife Godwin Obaseki Biography, Early Life, Age, Family, Education, Career These helped me to build my own home. He is also pioneering a state-backed Health insurance scheme to provide a robust sector that will attract private investors.[29]. After the 2020 Edo State gubernatorial elections, Godwin Obaseki was declared the winner by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) polling 307,955 against APC's, Godwin Obaseki Biography, Early Life, Age, Family, Education, Career And Net Worth, Biography|Edo State|Nigeria|Politicians|Politics|. No, it did not because I was still able to do the things I was supposed to do. He later left Nigeria for the United States to attend Columbia University and Pace University in New York, where he obtained an MBA in Finance and International Business. Oshiomhole did handpick Obaseki to succeed him and campaigned for Obaseki quite vigorously on the stomp. In this post, Naijauto will be revealing some interesting facts about Governor Godwin Obaseki biography, net worth, houses, and cars. In 2001, the World Economic Forum named him a Global Leader for Tomorrow (GLT). Its very name after the great Niger River, the countrys dominating physical feature was suggested in the 1890s by British journalist Flora Shaw, who later became the wife of colonial governor Frederick Lugard. Godwin Obaseki achievement as listed by him includes revamping Edo state primary healthcare system through deep-rooted reforms, reformation of basic education, reestablishment of physical and digital infrastructure across the state. You can comfortably live in Lagos with little compared to the luxury lifestyle in Abuja. By Dirisu Yakubu & Ozioruva Aliu - Abuja. His parents are Mr. Roland Obaseki and Mrs. Stella Osarhiere Igbinigie(MON). There should be a balance. Residences of the American governors - Ballotpedia Godwin Obaseki is a member of the famed Obaseki family of Edo State. "[16][17] Pundits say this is because he prefers working and delivering infrastructural projects without prior fanfare or needless rhetoric.[18]. [41] PDP described him as a big catch. The third child of the Late Pa Roland Obaseki and Gbinigie of Owina Street, Ogbelaka Quarters, Benin City, Obaseki was born in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. >>> Stay up to date with other interesting articles like this by checking ourcelebrity cars section. The governor, who stated this while speaking with journalists in Benin, said reforming education would create a new future for children in the state. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. As an investment guru, he turned Edo state into a viable investment destination through the establishment of the Edo State Investment Promotion Office. He held this position until he announced his intention to run for governor. In case of sale of your personal information, you may opt out by using the link. 9,269 talking about this. In 1995, he founded Afrinvest West Africa Ltd. Obaseki's Wife Speaks On Not Having Children. Obaseki is the founding secretary, (1992), of a US-based Africa Chamber of Commerce. They dont leave that for their mother. There is also a strong emphasis on technical education, which led to the revamping of the Government Science and Technical College (formerly Benin Technical College) to train workforce in the state. Content created and supplied by: Adelite (via Opera Did fatherhood create limitations for you? Obaseki succeeded Oshiomhole as Edo governor and both men used to be quite cool. Obaseki thereafter proceeded to the University of Ibadan, where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Classics. Godwin Obaseki was born on the 1st of July, 1957 in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria as the third child in his family. [13] He is also an avid golfer. So, fatherhood taught me to share responsibilities. Dream interpretation, New Facebook algorithm: How to see Legit.ng's posts on your timeline now, Yoruba Oriki names and meanings: find the perfect name for your baby, How to make liquid soap: A step-by-step guide with visuals, Top 30 funny text messages you can send to your friends, Common farm tools and equipment: Names, uses, and pictures, "Is our Joeboy now a daddy?" The couple has not yet been conceived. and M.Sc. Were you present at the hospital when your wife had your first child? Obaseki started his early education at the St. Matthews Anglican Primary School. Ogun workers suspend strike after four days, Taiwo Akerele, a former Chief of Staff to the Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki, Taiwo Akerele, a former Chief of Staff to the Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki, speaks to ALEXANDER OKERE about parenting and how he adjusted to the changes that came with fatherhood. Since his assumption as Edo state governor, Obaseki has established various projects in a bid to make Edo an investment hub. After his early education at St. Matthews Primary school and the Eghosa Grammar school, Obaseki continued to the University of Ibadan, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Classics. He publicly stated in October 2019 that he will be running for a second term in the States Gubernatorial election coming up in 2020 stating that his re-election is non-negotiable. He also served on the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission Committee on the Re-activation of the Nigerian Bond Market and the review of the Investment and Securities Act. In the United States, a governor serves as the chief executive and commander-in-chief in each of the fifty states and in the five permanently inhabited territories, functioning as head of state and head of government therein. Play now! Obaseki - the "Wake and See" Governor inspecting a project in Edo state. Some states require the governor to be a United States citizen, while other states do not. The Obaseki family is quite large as theyre a well-known family in Edo State. Godfather - godson war - The Guardian Nigeria News Mrs Obaseki was a part of Junior Achievement of Nigeria, whose goal was to educate young people on various social and environmental issues. What factors did you consider before you and your wife decided to have children? He is the Governor of Edo State after Adams Oshiomole on the platform of the APC, but he has since decamped to the PDP. Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki (born 1 July 1957) is a Nigerian politician and businessman who is currently the Governor of Edo State. Godwin Obaseki biography, net worth, houses & cars - Naijauto Betsy Obaseki. Who is the Governor of Ebonyi State? Asides his infrastructural projects, he has also enacted a number of social development initiatives. In 2019, he received an award from the Nigerian Union of Teachers (NUT) as the best performing Governor of the year in October 2019. Dr. Owen Jackson Obaseki, the first . It's no longer secret, Oshiomhole, Governor Obaseki 'at war' I was in Lagos then as a banker and my wife was a young accountant. It was on a Monday or Tuesday. [35] During the 2020 Edo Gubernatorial Election, Obaseki sought for re-election under the APC but was controversially disqualified by the party's Primary Election Screening Committee from contesting the primary elections, citing missing letters on the governor's National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate and what other observers described as spurious excuses surrounding the governor's university admission. Raising a child should not be left to the mother alone to do. Obaseki is married to Betsy Bene Obaseki, a financial expert. While working at the Bank of Industry, Betsy has achieved quite a lot. Its interesting to note that Mr. Obaseki oversaw the core group that founded two of Nigerias new-generation banks, which radically changed the character of the countrys banking sector. 1st May 2022 Taiwo Akerele, a former Chief of Staff to the Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki By Alexander Okere Taiwo Akerele, a former Chief of Staff to the Edo State Governor Godwin. Over the years, Mrs. Betsy Obaseki has referred to those who make fun of her inability to produce biological children with her husband as people who lack empathy and has said that such people should be pitied. So, I shared my free periods with my family and took my work seriously. He attended St. Matthew's Primary School for his primary school education and proceeded to Eghosa Grammar School, in Benin City, for secondary education. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. His net worth is estimated to be at $225 million (113 billion). Every man has to know that his life changes significantly from his wifes period of pregnancy, her delivery up till the time the child reaches the age of two. They have to change their lifestyles to be family-focused. Betsy Obaseki. What was your most fearful moment as a dad? She graduated from the University of Lagos with a Bachelors and a Masters degree in accounting, and she also completed the USAs Kelloggs School of Business Executive Management Program. I will encourage men to compromise here and there to ensure a peaceful home. In September 2016, he stepped down from his position and went into politics where he contested for the Edo state gubernatorial election under All Progressive Congress (APC). [7], Obaseki served as an executive board member of several private companies including Afrinvest. However, a man should create the time to relate with the baby by returning home early so that the baby can identify him as the father and separate him from other visitors. He said the governor, at the moment possesses a counterfeit PDP governorship ticket, explaining that Obaseki obtained . She had her primary education at Jos and Port Harcourt, before proceeding to the Benin City Federal Government Girls College. His father name is Pa Roland Obaseki (late) while his mother is Madam Stella Gbinigie. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. The popular online media outlet, Vanguard Dailyrecently tagged Obaseki asthe "Wake and See" governor due to his preference for delivering infrastructure projects without holding fanfare around it. The governor is married to a financial expert like him. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Aside these, some of his other reforms include:[19], For seven years in the administration of Governor Adams Oshiomhole, his predecessor, he served as voluntary Chairman of the Edo State Economic and Strategy Team as well as Chairman of Tax Assessment Review Committee for Edo State Internal Revenue Service (TARC) and the Committee on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), respectively.[13]. Top 10 richest politicians in Nigeria 2021 & their cars.
Bahama Breeze Jerk Chicken Recipe, Karen And Chris Mcdonough Son, Mac 10 45 Acp Drum Magazine, Articles D