Contact Us | Meadowview Regional Medical Center Abandoned hospital haunts Maysville Police (WKRC) MAYSVILLE, Ky. (WKRC) - Since 1983, Hayswood Hospital has sat empty on a hill overlooking . 1350 Medical Park Drive. The first building on the site was constructed around 1842. . The population was 8,993 at the 2000 census, making it the fiftieth largest city in Kentucky by population. On 4 th Street overlooking the downtown, sits the abandoned Hayswood Hospital. Dedicated health professionals are causing paranormal activity. Opacity is dedicated to documenting various abandoned places through both text and photographs; recording their transformations through time before they are demolished. 11 A $23,000 geological survey, to determine the effects of demolishing the hospital would have on the hillside, was completed in mid-2008. The Hayswood Hospital at 2 W 4th Street is a creepy looking building with an interesting history. A supposedly haunted hospital is up for sale in Maysville, Kentucky. While you're not allowed to cross the bridgeand for good reasonengineering . Top Best Real Haunted Houses Ghost Tours in Kentucky near me | Haunted Policy; Admins. On February 9th, 1983, the building was closed for good as all services moved to the new Meadowview Regional Medical Center, just south of Maysville, Kentucky. Other ghostly forms seen at the hospital include staff who once worked there. Website: http://www.abandonedonline.net/ Phone Number: (513) 432-4267 Distance From You: Enable location sharing from browser settings. All non-user contributed content is Tom Kirsch, unless noted otherwise. Hayswood: A Paranormal Documentary: Directed by Jeremy D. Hamm. Maysville, KY. Maysville, KY . Bill passed by the General Assembly positively affects brownfield development. March 28, 2006. When she died in 1908, the little hospital was closed and torn down, to make room for a new hospital, constructed in 1915, temporarily called Hayswood Seminary. In 1873 the place was the Lakeland Home for Juvenile Delinquents, which soon thereafter expanded its purpose to become an insane asylum. A picture of the hospital and a news report about it being put on the market can be seen here. Ontario Abandoned Places The bridge was essentially replaced by a new bypass on Devil's Hollow Road in 1980. These are all thought to represent people who died at the hospital at some point in the past, but who have since been prevented from going over to the other side. I grew up running around barefoot on a farm in Kentucky. The Waverly Hills Historical Society, a 501 (C)3 non-profit organization, was formed to save the building and promote the education of its history, treatment, architectural significance, and impact it and tuberculosis on the local community. In the 1800s, the Wilson family and friends built a small medical facility, known as The Wilson Infirmary, run by May Pearl Wilson. Are still on the job and dont want to leave their work, trying to save and help the sick. Some of US's most active locations. Hayswood: A Paranormal Documentary (2009) - Plot Summary - IMDb Message: Only variables should be passed by reference. May 2, 2021 730 views. Do i need to set up a tour,? With the costs of demolition also prohibitively high, the building has since been left to decay. The first building on the site was constructed around 1842. In her spare time, she loves reading, watching movies, making crafts, and watching hockey. The streets around it are too narrow, with no room to add more lanes to handle the traffic. But, youve likely never seen photos of Hayswood Hospital that are quite as staggering as these, taken by Maysville Photographer Amanda of Juney B. Hi, Tammy! Blake interviewed for Hayswood assessment. March 2, 2006. I am from around the Maysville area and I wanted to share my experience with you. What is your favorite abandoned spot with a view? All rights reserved. March 8, 2007. 'Dogman' Attacks Teen at Abandoned Hospital in Kentucky as I made it around the building I noticed the very old ambulance doors. However, tearing down a huge brick building would also be terribly expensive, which left the fate of this building in limbo, and a tempting target for copper thieves, who stole the copper piping out of the place in 2006. On a steep hillside along 4th Street in Maysville Kentucky, there was once a private school for girls known as the Hayswood Seminary. So, when I began wandering the halls I wondered if something weird would happen, something I couldn't explain. Honestly im not sure if I just imagined the face or not. Barker, Danetta. Monserrat. 2/28/2023. Hayswood Infirmary in Maysville, KY | Hospital, Abandoned hospital In 1915, the town took over the running of the hospital and planned major renovations. It was built in 1925 and was later used to treat people who were psychologically traumatized by the Pearl Harbor attack. The haunted Hayswood Hospital in Maysville Kentucky is currently for sale for $800 000. But after a moment, their image faded. According to the real estate listing, the former hospital measures 80,000 square feet and sits on 2.89 acres of land. You have permission to edit this article. The Mystery of New York's Renegade Subway Psychic, Forget About What We Know About Roswell: It's What's Missing About the Case That We Need to Look For, Archeologists Discover Another Secret Corridor Inside the Great Pyramid of Giza, Musical UFO, Texas Magic Mushrooms, Florida Icebergs and More Mysterious News Briefly June 29, 2021, Some of the Strangest Cases of Hauntings: From Loch Ness to Ancient Warriors, Bigfoot Bathing, Godzilla Egg, Five-Legged Toad, Presidential Hair in Space and More Mysterious News Briefly, Royal Time Traveler, Illuminati Psychic, Human with a Tail, Drug-Sniffing Squirrels and More Mysterious News Briefly. Originally built in the 1800s, the building was first used as a school until 1907, when it was donated to be used as a hospital, according to the real estate listing. 2nd Floor Hayswood Hospital Maysville, Kentucky 5 Image HDR In my research of the abandoned Hayswood Hospital I read that it was a hotspot of paranormal activity. Welcome to Maysville. From outside, glowing lights have been observed through windows, and an alleged large apparition, taller than a grown man, has been witnessed on many occasions, standing with its face pressed to a third-floor window. First steps: Officials tour Hayswood building. February 9, 2006. 11 Tax Ease Lien Servicing held a lien against the owners of the property, E.D. However I know that the feeling I had in my gut was very very uncomfortable.contact me at cheytwilson@hotmail.com. Hayswood sold | Ledger Independent - Maysville Online JOIN NOW. E.D. Hehe, I gave birth in a haunted hospital here in the Kanawha Valley. Dark, abandoned, haunted. reports that the building is actually haunted. About Us | Meadowview Regional Medical Center Some have even seen lights inside of the abandoned building turning on and off. 12 Nov. 2008. Maysville Hospital is a four story, rectangular brick building, funky yet still handsome, and built to last. The hospital, abandoned and decaying, changed hands several times. The abundance of abandoned asylums and psychiatric hospitals in the New England area create the bulk of the locations here; these beautiful state funded structures are vast and complex, giving insight to both the humanity and mistreatment towards the mentally ill over the past two centuries. by Real Haunts Team May 2, 2021. People who died there, as well as the dedicated health professionals who cant let go of their calling, are some of the known entities who call the Maysville Hospital their home or place of work, even in the afterlife. My father was born here. Has it been torn down,or is it still standing? Is this place going to ever be partially restored it would be awesome if it could be cleaned up and paranormal teams could pay to investigate to help ease some of the cleaning costs. Haunted Kentucky Hospital is Now For Sale - Mysterious Universe Out of the hospital and into custody: Police make arrests at Hayswood. September 22, 2005. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. The city took control of the hospital and saw it through an extensive renovation in 1925. 10, On March 22, 2013, Tax Ease Lien Serving was granted an order by Judge Stockton Wood to auction Hayswood during a Master Commissioners sale on April 26. April 4, 2007. She has a fascination with the paranormal and ghost stories, especially those that included haunted houses. Kentucky Archives - Haunted Houses Montell, William Lynnwood. Linda Vista Hospital; USS Hornet; Jerome Grand Hotel; DVD; GAW. Definitely do that! On a steep hillside along 4th Street in Maysville Kentucky, there was once a private school for girls known as the Hayswood Seminary. As of 2007-08, the cogs of progress are slowly moving toward either to transform this huge structure into a combination of apartments/business development, or to tear it down. Hayswood Hospital once again up for sale | People's Defender Ashland House - Haunted Houses Rev. Barker, Danetta. Address: 201 Price Road, Lexington, Kentucky 40511, United States. This historical hospital once cured hundreds. The hospital, abandoned and decaying, changed hands several times. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Ivy has covered the right side of the front. https://m.facebook.com/kyspiritseekers/. Do you have any tales from this hospital? Hayswood Hospital, in Maysville, Ky, was one of the most unique and historical hospitals in Kentucky. On the morning of the auction, the county learned that the plaintiff, Tax Ease Lien Servicing, had petitioned the circuit court to have the property removed from the sale as it was evaluating its options related to the property, its environmental issues, and the high cost of remediation and demolition. did you contact someone to get in or just go in? Hayswood: Any change would be appreciated. July 20, 2006. Ledger Independent (Maysville). We were walking around the building she had decided to walk torwards the right side of the bulding while I went left. Frankfort, Kentucky. The sale came with anticipation that the site would be rehabbed into a restaurant similar to another operated by Brian Stitch in an abandoned jail. Patient Experience. Labels: haunted, haunted asylums, haunted for sale, haunted Hayswood Hospital, haunted hospital, Maysville Kentucky. In 1981, the hospital was sold to the Nashville company Hospital Corporation of America, which ran it as the Maysville Hospital until February 9, 1983. Cincinnati, Ohio. A Ghost At The Hayswood Hospital - Maysville Kentucky On February 9th 1983, the building was shuttered for good as all services moved to the new Meadowview Regional Medical Center south of town. Crying babies, disembodied voices, and the moans of the suffering who are long dead, but unable to go the other side. Hayswood Hospital: an Abandoned General Hospital in Maysville, KY Liberty Hall, Frankfort. Additionally, there have been claims of a ghostly female carrying a newborn baby walking around the maternity ward. As a matter of fact, it is considered to be one of the top three most haunted locations in the entire state. Find Haunted Hospitals in Lexington Kentucky - Hayswood Abandoned Causes for paranormal activity include: the presence of slaves, the fatally wounded, spirits . 4 The building was expanded in 1925 and 1971 to accommodate 87 patients. Ledger Independent (Maysville). People have reported seeing lights turn off and on to this day. We had went back outside and to the cafeteria where we had felt an overwhelming uneasiness. I worked at Hayswood Hosptial for 10 years, it makes me sad that the building is falling apart. Towards the end, a face shows up in one of the windows and scares the hell out of the camera girl. 10 Another of Johnsons properties, the former Maysville High School, was renovated into apartments, as was another property in Covington, and their successes were cited as models for what Hayswood could become given enough funding. Haunted Places in Lexington, Kentucky Thank you for sharing your experiences, and if you go back, please be careful. I love writing, art, sunshine, all animals and my incredibly patient husband, who tolerates my "crazy animal lady" side. Ledger Independent (Maysville). How do I get more information? Abandoned Hospital Hiding in Kentucky - OnlyInYourState Construction began on its replacement, the Hayswood Seminary, in 1915. The Coolest Abandoned Places in Kentucky | GetJerry.com An environmental impact study has been done, with samples taken from all over the building. Located in Maysville Kentucky, with a view of the Ohio River, the building originally operated as the Wilson Infirmary in the 1800s. Since then she has written for a number of print and online publications, as well as published a children's book. My reaction was obviously panic as I ran to my friend I told her what I had seen and we made it back around when nothing was there. However, financial woes plagued the renovation plans for Hayswood Hospital. Show more Show. A large, imposing building that was once used as Maysvilles hospital sits derelict up on a hill, overlooking the city. After eleven years sitting vacant, this property was sold at public auction to Ester Johnson, connected to Classic Properties, a company specifically formed to take care of the building and transform it into a new use, reviving its purpose for the present and future. Our Haunted Paranormal Stories are Written by Julie Carr, 2004-2023 HauntedHouses.com | All rights reserved unless noted otherwise, Haunted Houses Find Real Haunted Houses, Explore Hauntings and Halloween Attractions, Hayswood Hospital page on AbandonedOnline.net. Ghosthunting Kentucky. your own Pins on Pinterest The Wilson Infirmary, operated by May Peale Wilson, was Maysvilles first hospital. The Wilson Infirmary, operated by May Peale Wilson from the early 1800s to 1908, was Maysvilles first hospital. While some windows are broken or missing, many others, especially on the second through fourth floors seem to be in good shape. The Cincinnati, Batavia & Williamsburg Railroad was chartered on January 11, 1876, with the intent to construct a railway between Cincinnati and Williamsburg. 16 In 1999, Johnson announced plans to renovate the complex into apartments but financial considerations caused the project to languish. Once it emerged that renovation costs would be around $1m, they understandably declined. Who knows how long Hayswood Hospital will sit like this, but hopefully it will find its purpose soon. According to the real estate listing the former hospital measures 80 000. 15. OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. . My brother passed away here in 1975 and my Grandpa in 1969. Over the last weekend, I visited the historic but closed Columbia Theatre in Paducah, Kentucky with a small group of. But for most of its existence, this campus has been a hospital. "Kentucky Slave House" "Wickedest Women, Houses of Terror, and Bloodiest Battlefields" "Bewitched and Bothered" . As with many rural and small-city hospitals in the early 1980s, Hayswood struggled to keep up with the rapidly changing world of modern healthcare. It all began in the early 1800s with the Wilson Infirmary, which was demolished after the original owners death in 1908. In the 1800s, there was no hospital in the area. A Grave Interest: Haunted Hayswood Hospital for Sale - Blogger But that is so awesome to find out we were actually there. It was built as the Hayswood Seminary, but was changed to the hospital in 1923. On the third floor last window on the left. It was a very nice building. Take care and stay spooky. Still, the hospital sat abandoned but became a regular location for thrill seekers and paranormal enthusiasts. Hopefully the preservation groups will succeed in turning this brick building into something useful once again, like apartments! We want to hear from you!