While adhesives are used on a variety of aircraft parts, most serve similar purposes. In order to provide complete functionality, this web site needs your explicit consent to store browser cookies. However, despite being one of the most pivotal innovations in the aviation industry, many professionals are still unaware of the scope of aviation sealants as well as the value of PMA sealants. Hope this helps Mike. 22 results for Fuel Tank Sealants Sort by Pro-Seal Fuel Tank Sealant P/S 890 B2 From $74.75 to $314.00 Chemseal B2 Tank Sealant CS3204 From $27.50 to $81.75 Pr-1005-L Buna-N-Slosh Coating From $178.95 to $329.00 Alcohol Resistant Gas Tank Sealer From $38.80 to $93.75 Dow Corning 730 Fs Solvent Resistant Sealant $179.85 A thicker coat or 2nd coat really won't offer any added benefit in terms of protection. Per the vendor, if it is used shortly after purchase, part number 09-03477 should not need anything to thin out the product. SEAL Aviation offers specialized aircraft maintenance services from fuel leak repair to non-destructive testing to aviation parts sales. Aviation Fuel Tank Sealant: A Guide to the Basics. However, the amount of fuel that leaked was not enough to make the refueling necessary; the planes refueled because the maximum speeds of the aircraft were only possible with . Used sealant to repair obsolete 30 year old plastic fuel tank. Fuel Tank / High Performance Options Expanding the performance envelope in areas such as higher strength, temperature range and weight reduction. PolyGone is a non-corrosive, water-soluble solvent specifically designed for polysulfide sealers. Latex Sealants: Water-soluble sealants, often used on interior elements. At room temperature, this two-part polysulfide cures to a flexible, resilient rubber. Belvoir Media Group, LLC. 40 + years a go I use my first quart and still working in my tank. Q: Is there a recommended clean up solvent? One is to find a shop that can spot repair otherwise sound tanks and back up the work, another is to strip the tanks back to bare metal and reseal them and a third is simply line the wet wing bays with neoprene bladders. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. The manufacturer doesn't recommend it, but builders have used it as a sealant for fuel probes and gaskets for years. | Legal Notices & Privacy Policies | Manufactured by Royal Adhesives And Sealants Llc, this FCD60712 NSN Part can be shipped at any time. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. exposure to both jet fuel and aviation gas. Q: How much surface area will the 3.5 oz kit of Chemseal B2 sealant cover? This material is designed for fillet sealing of fuel tanks and other aircraft fuselage sealing applications. FSC : 1560 Airframe Structural Components. We're excited to announce that part number FCR-64288 is now available in our ready-to-ship inventory.Part number FCR-64288 is a Tank Fuel Aircraft manufactured by Royal Adhesives And Sealants Llc with FSC 1560 Airframe Structural Components.Are you interested in a quick and competitive quote for this part? OEM and PMA fuel tank sealants provide strong reinforcement, structural integrity, and peace of mind. One is Flame Master Chem Seal CS3204 from National Sealants & Lubricants and is excellent even after one year of storage it cures in one day at 28C cures to a hard flexible rubber shining surface. PROSEAL PS890B-1/2 3.5 OZ IN 6OZ CARTRIDGE, PROSEAL 0890A002 SEALING COMPOUND 6OZ KIT, PROSEAL FUEL TANK SEALANT PS 890 B2 QUART, PHILLIPS 66 XC AVIATION OIL 20W50 12QT CASE, BRACKETT AERO BA-4108 ELEMENT FOR BA-4106, Vena Ht (SCAT Equivalent) Flexible Aircraft Ducting - Cut To Length, Safety Wire - Stainless Steel - 1 Lb Spool, Pro-Seal Fuel Tank Sealant P/S 890 B - 1/2 Hour, Vena HTD (SCEET Equivalent) Flexible Aircraft Ducting - Cut To Length, PROSEAL PS890B-1/2 2 FL OZ IN 2.5 OZ CARTRIDGE. Meets requirements of specifications AMS-S-8802 formerly MIL-S-8802, CMNP021, Lockheed, Gulfstream, Hughes Aircraft, Fairchild SPS 6-1 & 6-2. (use a zip tie to make sure the tube stays anchored in the cheap big-box store caulking gun). These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Please note other excluded items on the same order may incur a freight charge. PPG Pro-Seal PS 890 B2 is the standard aircraft fuel tank sealant in use today. PRO SEAL FUEL TANK SEALANT PS 890 B2 PINT, LPS 00216 #2 HEAVY DUTY LUBRICANT 11OZ AEROSOL, ROTAX MP1485 ALC RES FUEL LINE 1/4X3/8 BING, LPS 00316 #3 PREMIER RUST INHIBITOR 11OZ AEROSOL, Safety Wire - Stainless Steel - 1 Lb Spool, Vena Ht (SCAT Equivalent) Flexible Aircraft Ducting - Cut To Length, Curtis Pipe Thread Drain Valve - CCA-1550, Pro-Seal Fuel Tank Sealant P/S 890 B - 1/2 Hour, Vena HTD (SCEET Equivalent) Flexible Aircraft Ducting - Cut To Length. PR-1422 Class B Fuel Tank Sealant - PPG AEROSPACE 2015 PPG Industries, Inc. All rights reserved. This sealant works awesome. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". Knowledge of integral fuel tank sealing and application processes required. Aluminum wool can be used to remove the final traces of the sealant. Once all of the walls of the tank have been hit, they customer should drain the remaining sealer out back in to the can. In this article, we introduce an aircraft sealant inspection system (ASInspS) to achieve accurate and reliable internal inspection for fuel tanks. Q: Does Proseal product withstand automobile fuel? Windshield and CanopyThe cured sealant exhibits excellent resistance to UV and weather exposure. Like other aviation adhesives, fuel tank and fuselage sealants must meet rigorous regulations set by the FAA. It cant be rushed and haphazard work will bring the airplane right back for a fix. Class B Polysulfide Sealant Tack Free and Cure Times* Specification 3M Product Specific Gravity Tack Free Cure Tack Free Cure Tack Free Cure Tack Free Cure Tack Free Cure Tack Free . Mixed it longer than minimum to be sure of thorough mix. Does that now come with them or do we have to buy that someplace else? Q: Is this Pro-Seal sealant resistant to ethanol? Aircraft, or airplane sealants, are a unique class of adhesives designed to reinforce and seal aircraft parts to improve structural integrity. Aircraft sealant characteristics include: NSL Aerospace has provided the aviation industry with a wide selection of OEM and PMA sealants for 32 years. However your kit is not complete without the screw in dispensing nozzle. (this is aerospace engineering, after all). The idea is to pour the product in to the tank and slosh it around. Aircraft Fuel Tank Mechanic Job in San Antonio, TX at Total Aviation It has a service range from -65F (-54C) to 250F (121C), with intermittent excursions up to 275F (135C). Search for aircraft spare parts and suppliers. There was not enough hardener, in the mix, for it to set up properly. Its too bad they don't make smaller tubes to eliminate waste, because once its mixed you must use it, as the stuff left inside the cartridge sets up to a rubber like solid compound within hrs or overnight. Fast Delivery, shame the freight is so expensive. It has only been a week but there is no leaks and I believe this fix will last forever. If you don't allow cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of the web site including but not limited to: log in, buy products, see personalized content, switch between site cultures. This product is the real McCoy. Seal Aviation on Twitter: "A SEAL Aviation Fuel Tank Technician It does not specifically list diesel but it will work with most fuels, oil, lubricants, and water. PR-1422 B-1/2 Aircraft Fuel Tank Sealant - 6 Ounces - SkyGeek RETAINER) also work for these kits? NSL1422 A1/2: Aviation Fuel Tank Sealant - NSL Aerospace Fuel Tank Sealant Most In Stock Items ordered before Noon CST ship same day. Very good! I would definitely purchase more than necessary to be able to slosh it around and have another person to assist you. PMA parts and adhesives must conform to the same regulatory standards as the original parts. It has a temperature range from -65F (-54C) to 250F (121C), with intermittent excursions up to 275F (135C). Easy to mix without the use of special tools. P/S 890 Class B is an aircraft integral fuel tank sealant. Over the years it has been used in applications with ethanol, but there are no lab tests or certs to show it will work. Able to do a bike tank with the other 4oz. Recommended to apply with someone else help as you can move on quicker. The mixing is almost automatic so you get a reliable cure. Aircraft Spruce assumes no responsibility or liability for any issue or problem which may arise from any repair, modification or other work done from this knowledge base. PDF 3M Aerospace Sealants Product Comparison Aircraft Fuel Tank installations are subject to a variety of requirements. Although I waste more than I probably should, I never have any issues with these kits not curing properly. The sealant i had on the smooth part of the inside of the nipple started to lift because of the spray paint the welder put on after welding. It involves drawing a vacuum in the tank, noting where air bubbles appear, then spot sealing that area. There are products designated for differing materials, cure times, weights, and fuel tank parts and styles. Can was sealed so there is no real self life after opening. PR-2007 Class B 1.1 Specific Gravity Fuel Tank SealantPR-2007 Class B is a 1.1 specific gravity, fast curing, high temperature aircraft integral fuel tank sealant, extrusion grade. They can be used in a wide range of applications, such as: Aircraft fuel tank sealants. This will all depend on how thick you are applying this. In all cases, you should: There are various tools and solvents designed to take off sealant from aircraft parts. Is this a single stage component? The interconnecting hoses are typically also self-sealing. Not wanting to use the twin plastic 5 gallon cans in the original design I plan an aluminum rectangle (33wide X 16tall X 13length, in inches) of around 27 gallons with weight and balance understood. Add about 2 or 2 1/2 psi of air pressure . Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These products are specifically formulated not to craze substrate. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Over 31 years of experience in custom packaging and distribution of aerospace sealants and adhesives for the commercial, corporate, and military sectors. BladdersWhats involved with bladders? Toll Free: 877-477-7823 It has a service temperature range from -65C (-54C) to 250F (121C), with intermittent excursions up to 275F (135C). (mek) can soften and loosen the sealer which in turn can clog your fuel lines, carburetor, etc. Item qualifies for flat rate ground shipping. This stuff is messy but very effective. Item qualifies for flat rate ground shipping. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. In order to provide complete functionality, this web site needs your explicit consent to store browser cookies. Easy Apply. It does not have heat rating. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. PPG PR1435 Quick Repair Fuel Tank Sealant | Silmid 181 Dislike Riveteer 3.14K subscribers For students of BCIT's Sea Island campus, AME - M program requirements call for a familiarization of sealing compounds used in industry. Getting it between 70F and 80F before mixing makes the mixing very easy. Best stuff on the market its never cracked or shrunk on any of my builds and as always aircraft spruce shipped quickly. Fuel tank sealants are used in aircraft manufacturing, repair, and maintenance. It does not store any personal data. I usually base it on the age of the sealant, says Paul Beck, of Weep No More. The tech data sheet only refers to aviation and jet fuel. Cure time doubled in cold hangar, as expected. . Leave all boxes unchecked for unit only. Before introducing any additives to fuel tank after sealer has been installed, be sure that the product you introduce does not contain (mek). Q: Will this also adhere to plastic gas tank such as on a snowmachine? Q: Will the 12-04600 air gun (for both 6 OZ. Q: Is this the low adhesive product (AMS 3284)? Specialty ProductsA variety of specialty sealants offered by PRC DeSoto. Central - Fort Worth, TX We disassemble and re-seal just like the tank was manufactured by Piper Aircraft . It addresses engineering designs for integral fuel tanks as they are currently found in practice; and discusses the most practical and . Been ordering my aircraft parts from Bob Irwin since they were ACS products. I would probably use the faster version next time (B-1/2). Light Weight Fuel Tank and Fuselage AC-370 (Type 1) 1.3 6 - 7 hours 6 - 7 hours 7 - 8 hours 8 - 10 hours AC-380 (Type 2) 1.1 5 hours 5 hours 8 - 10 hours 8 - 10 Great product. Just keep moving it around to get even coverage. This guide is designed to educate potential consumers on fundamental knowledge related to aircraft fuel tank sealants. I have used this product for many years. Ive used Pro-seal before and it worked well so this is not a complaint about Pro-seal. The manufacturer has not tested this material on fiberglass, so they can not guarantee how well it will adhere, but in general, if the surface is contamination free and has a smooth surface, it will adhere. If youre back in that vintage, you might want to think about a reseal. Worked as advertised. PROSEAL 0890B002 SEALING COMPOUND 6OZ KIT, Was easy to mix but had no tip for pointed application, Iv used pro-seal in the past but not a one shot deal. This material is designed for fillet sealing of fuel tanks and other aircraft fuselage sealing applications. The colder it is the longer it will take to cure and ideally you would want to be as close to 77 degrees as possible. Instructions a little confusing on how to mix. The tank has to be drained to complete the repair. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. It can install polysulfide sealant, or as an option, install EF-5992 Polyurethane sealant in. This sealant is a higher quality fuel tank sealant compared to other similar sealant products. Lower areas of tank seem to have a thicker film coverage than vertical and top surfaces. Perfect amount for a small job. PS870C24 Fuel Tank Sealant, 654 Semkit 6 OZ - Locatory.com Rating. Sprayable Fuel Tank Sealant: Order Now: PR-1460Q: Potting and Sealing Compound: Order Now : PR-420: Primer for metal . Ordering another pint for the other side. This product meets MIL-S-8802 which is species by Piper and Vans to seal or repair fuel tanks. The spread of fire from one compartment to another. Great stuff! Great product. Weep No More is an outgrowth of Willmar Air Service in Willmar, Minnesota, a long-established and respected Mooney dealer and service center. All of the work has to be done through small access panels, requiring the flexibility of a contortionist and the patience of a saint. I used the product in a fiberglass fuel tank it seems to dry and produce a nice film. Solutions. Each application can vary. Presto! Weep No Mores Paul Beck developed his tank sealing process while working for Willmar, but now has established his own business. PS870C24 - Fuel Tank Sealant, 654 Semkit 6 OZ. I thought I was buying 6 oz kit with a dispenser and two separate containers of sealant and hardener to be mixed (10/1) as needed for my project. If the customer wants to do a 2nd coat after 24 hours with the remaining product, that is fine. B2 is a little slow to cure in cool wearing but the longer working life really lowers the stress level if you have a lot of fasteners or rivets to get in before it sets up. Latex sealants are known for their moldability and ease of clean-up. The cured sealant maintains excellent elastomeric properties after prolonged exposure to both jet fuel and aviation gas. Any product eligibility information provided here is based on general application guides and we recommend always referring to your specific aircraft parts manual, the parts manufacturer or consulting with a qualified mechanic. AIR4069C. There are a few solutions. never more than 3 psi. Sealing ability is superb. The product may be good but totally inappropriate for my project (single use). Aviation sealants must also withstand the volatility and reactive nature of combustibles, aircraft speed, and vibrations. Avoid using "gumout" or similar products which have been known to use (mek). PRC Desoto PR1422 B 1/2 Fuel Tank Sealant, Pint Pilots HQ LLC. No instructions with product, or on can and little information on internet. Can it be used to seal plexiglass windows to aircraft frames? This is only needed if for some reason they missed a spot during the initial application. Fuel Tank Sealant, 1 ounce, 1/2 hour work time (1 ounce) The other brand was A-C-Tech AC-226 B4 from Advance Chemistry & Technology , and it didn't cure after 14 days just became less sticky. CS3204 is a fuel resistant sealant for use on integral fuel tanks and pressurized cabins as well as other areas subject to contact with aircraft fuels, lubricants, oils, water and/or weathering. Pro-Seal Fuel Tank Sealant P/S 890 B2 | Aircraft Spruce East - Peachtree City, GA Works well with all metal and fiberglass tanks.Note: For Experimental Aircraft Only! We suggest contacting whoever made the tank, and ask their suggestion for sealing cracks, or pin holes, in the tank. Turn on the drill (CW) and move the tube full stroke up and down 50 times (overkill) or so. I used it again with Excellent results, this time I was more aggressive with the mixing giving it more than the recomended min 50 strokes and like it says on the packaging extra mixing may initiate curing of sealant inside the cartridgewhich it did, as I noticed it got hard to push it out of the cartridge ( I was just using my thumbs to push it out of the cartridge as I don't have the cartridge gun or know where they sell it ??) PR-1770 Class C Faying Surface Sealant Not many shops will agree to tackle this job, so the skill base is eroding. Q: Is this Pro-seal a Type I Class B sealant? Can I drain fuel and reapply? Q: I only need to seal a small hole so I only need a small amount. SEAL Aviation - Specialized Aircraft Maintenance Services PR-1770 Class C Faying Surface SealantTwo-part, high temperature resistant, faying surface sealant. PR-1770 Class A Fuel Tank SealantTwo-part, high temperature resistant, brushing sealant. Q: Does this product come in 2 cans or do you need a special dispenser? However there is a formula that will help, if you apply this to an area that is 1" cubed so 1" length x 1" height x 1" depth, it would use exactly 1.8047 fluid oz. To this day still no leaks. Aircraft Sealants & Aviation Sealants Guide - NSL Aerospace No problems! Southwest - Chandler, AZ Normally, Prist is added to the aircraft fuel tanks at the pilots discretion. Hope it lasts for many years to come. Depending on who you talk to (and how much theyve recently spent on tank work), wet wings are either the worst idea in aviation design or not nearly as bad as everyone thinks. Employees crawl through an opening 18.00' X 10.00' in order to get inside the fuel cell. This is impervious to all fuel types. This material is designed for fillet sealing of fuel tanks and other aircraft fuselage sealing applications. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". At best, repairing weeping wet-wing tanks is a dark art, at worst, its something some owners say they have to have done several times to stop the leaks, if even the leaks can be stopped. SEAL Aviation will come directly to you anywhere you need mobile fuel tank repair and maintenance, Non-Destructive testing (NDT) or structural repair. Performance Aircraft Services utilizes AquaStripping to remove legacy polysulfide sealants. Regular maintenance helps keep your aircraft fuel system clean and can prevent costly repairs due to bacterial growth, corrosion, or damaged filters and probes. seems to be a good product. Canada - Brantford, ON, FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-4-SPRUCE. Our PMA sealants meet or exceed all FAA regulations. 2023 NSL Aerospace. The cured sealant maintains excellent elastomeric properties after prolonged exposure to both jet fuel and aviation gas. I would highly recommend this product. The tank must be 100% cleaned. This comes in a single tube that can also act as a dispenser or can be used with 6oz dispenser guns. Jaco Aerospace is a leader in supplying and offering PRC DeSoto aircraft sealants and adhesives. Easy to mix and use. This material is designed for fillet sealing fuel tanks and other aircraft fuselage sealing applications. PR-1422 B1/2 Aircraft Fuel Tank Sealant, 6oz SemKit - AMS-S-8802 The shelf life is 9 months from date of packaging. Smooth tough film when dry. : $50.00 - $100.00 Per Hour. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". One worked properly the other one did not cure out. This was for my sons boat but hey it seals aluminum and sticks. Fuel Tank / High Performance OptionsExpanding the performance envelope in areas such as higher strength, temperature range and weight reduction. The thinned proseal is much easier to apply in my opinion. This material is designed for fillet sealing of fuel tanks and other aircraft fuselage sealing applications. Otherwise, if youre going to keep the airplane, a properly done reseal will enhance the airplanes value and probably last as long as you own it. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Product has excellent surface bonding characteristics. Northeast - Middletown, PA Be careful when applying new sealant to not mess up the fuel intake openings, fuel sending units, drain holes and the through-holes in the ribs connecting the bays . Great product! PPG does not provide the nozzle. Part # 09-38560 has a 2 hour work time, 64 hr tack free time, and 112 hr cure time. Alaska - Wasilla, AK It has a service temperature range from - 65F (-54C) to 250F (121C), with intermittent excursions up to 275F (135C). Sealant Follow directions on package. Q: Does ethanol attack or dissolve Pro Seal over time? Posted June 18, 2013 Don't forget rope so you can hang yourself about halfway through the job. If you buy the tube pull the dasher rod out of the tube and unscrew it from the little mixer inside. Great product,just make sure surface is clean. PR-1770 Class A Fuel Tank Sealant Two-part, high temperature resistant, brushing sealant PR-1770 Class B High Strength Fuel Tank Sealant PR-1770 Class B is a high strength, aircraft integral fuel tank sealant. I need to buy more since what was left as turned to gel. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Aircraft Integral Fuel Tank | Aircraft Fuel Tank Baffles This part of the aircraft fuel tank system lies on the wings or fuselage, usually sealed with a fuel resistant 2-part sealant to form the fuel tank system on some aircraft, particularly transport class and high-performance one. Company. The reseal job requires taking the tank interior down to shiny bare metal then applying fresh sealer, which is itself a three-part process with a day of curing for each step. I have a very cold hangar. Each approach has its merits. High Temperature and FirewallThe material is designed for sealing firewall structures against the passage of air and vapors. Will buy it again when needed. WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. I pushed the product out of the tube using a socket and extension as a pushrod. This is the perfect size for small repairs. I was rolling it around (as directed) the white was seeping out of seams that I didnt even know had leaks. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". Material can be applied on vertical surfaces and does not run or sag. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. The manufacturer quickly responded and order was placed 2 days after questions were answered and then 3 days after I placed the order the product arrived at my door.. What Do Aircraft Sealants and Aviation Sealants Do? The cured sealant maintains excellent elastomeric properties after . The product can be pushed out with a thumb and does not require anything other than the packaging to mix and apply. Q: What is the maximum operating temperature of Pro-Seal after it has cured? The landing gear is attached to the spar in the area of the tanks and the rubber donuts Mooney gear legs have dont offer much damping. Q: What is the shelf life before this alcohol resistant gas tank sealer must be used? Must be willing to work in confined spaces. Make sure it is well mixed and it should be fine without any additional products. Per the tech data sheet: Color of Class B is Base Compound Off-white, curing agent is Gray, and Mixed is Gray. PR-1422 Class B is an aircraft integral fuel tank sealant. It offers a faster cure time so you can get your job done more quickly. 2023 NSL Aerospace. Aircraft, or airplane sealants, are a unique class of adhesives designed to reinforce and seal aircraft parts to improve structural integrity. PR-1435 is a quick repair, aircraft integral fuel tank sealant. A Semco, or other common caulking gun is not designed to be used with these sealant cartridges. Q: What is the shelf life of the unmixed product? Posted April 9, 2011. Q: Does Bill Hirsch gas Tank sealer stay flexible once cured in gas tank? Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. It works. Central - Fort Worth, TX Perfect for sealing our fuel tank fuel level float and attached fittings. great stuff. You must not have mixed it properly I used it twice and it cured within 4 hrs to where I was forced to open a new tube cause it cured enough that when I need more it was set up in the tube after 4 hrs in hot weather. US2653116A - Method of removing sealant from fuel tanks - Google Fuel Tank Sealant Removal - Mooneyspace.com Pr-1422 Class B Fuel Tank Sealant | Aircraft Spruce NSL890RC B2: Rapid Cure Aviation Fuel Tank Sealant Sealants LAS Aerospace Ltd Q: Does the pint size Pro Seal come with catalyst in a separate container?