Tried everything without luck. Visit our corporate site (opens in new tab). On Apple TV: Click on the Settings app on the Home screen. Apr 30, 2021 7:08 AM in response to ashtv. 1-800-MY-APPLE, or, Sales and This adjustment should resolve the issue for the time being, at least until the official fix arrives. On Apple TV: There's a long list of awesome accessories for Apple TV, including these three: Logitech Harmony Elite (opens in new tab) ($300 at Amazon). When the test is complete, click Done on your Apple TV or iPhone. If this is one app doing it that might be the culprit. tvOS 14, Oct 5, 2021 4:52 AM in response to Ali_E1. The TvOS 15.1 does not fix the problem. Still experiencing audio latency? Ccastle84. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Refunds. May not work for everyone, and should be installed with caution as it's impossible to downgrade to an earlier firmware - but this has solved the issue for me. - YouTube Community Skip to main content YouTube Help Sign in Google Help Help. Is there a software update coming anytime soon? Although it must be noted that no official ETA has been shared for the time being. Yup, Ive reset the lot and both HomePods, the Apple TV, and iPhone are all running 14.5. Fix it today, iMessage Not Working iOS 12? For more information, please see our Hyper's new hub aims to be just what you need. company number 03997482, registered in England and Wales. You'll know ARC or eARC is turned on when it says On (ARC) or On (eARC). Delighted to have just upgraded my home cinema after about 14 years. But most of all, when playing a TV show from Apple TV+ yesterday, I noticed a huge delay in audio. I'm a techy who is particularly fond of Android smartphones. Celkins0, User profile for user: Here's how the Galaxy S23 compares against the iPhone 14 Pro. Watching ESPN last night during the baseball game the sync was so off the on camera was unwatchable. Darryl0289, User profile for user: Any time this happened with mine, I would force quit the app & Restart Apple TV. So what is happening is that system sound audio is working just fine. Google discontinued the Chromecast Audio and Chromecast Ultra. Spotify native support on Apple HomePod: Here's what we know, Some Manifold Garden players on PS5 unable to get free upgrade from their PS4 version, fix in the works. My workaround has been restarting the HomePods from the Home app on my phone. How to Fix Apple TV Video and Audio Sync Problems PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on breaking or exclusive news. There is an option for sync in the settings for Bluetooth or Airplay .. wonder if that helps the airplay issues ? While the said tweaks resolved the audio sync issues for some, most Apple TV users could not get rid of them. I reset everything from scratch. The issue is consistent across all Apple TV 4k models and Apple TV HD models who did the upgrade. I have the same issues on almost all my streaming apps recently. That said, we will keep an eye on the bug where some users face audio sync-related issues on Apple TV and other platforms while playing content on the Plex app and update this story as we come across any new information. The issue first came to light after the tvOS 16 update and is yet to be addressed. This website uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb. Anyone have a fix for the audio going out of sync-specifically I see it in the history channel app. YouTube TV audio sync issues after 5.1 surround sound update - PiunikaWeb Im not sure why this has occurred especially given the cost of two homepods. For those times when you don't want to disturb others in your home, but you still want to listen to your favorite movie or TV show, go with the Apple AirPods 2. We understand that youre experiencing an audio sync issue with your Apple TV, and youve already tried some excellent troubleshooting. I am available to assist in any troubleshooting. Samsung recently announced the Galaxy Book 3 line of notebooks, which offers high performance for gaming, productivity, and more. Apple TV sound out of sync - Apple Community For quite some time I have been having an issue with my apple tv 4k and Match frame rate settings. JavaScript is disabled. We aren't really able to speculate about upcoming tvOS releases. Frustration quickly reigns when you're watching Apple TV content only to discover the audio coming out of your speakers doesn't match with the video. A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. What can I do? Apple TV hdmi to projector, audio Airplay to Yamaha RN602 which only support Airplay 1. Since tvOS 14, when using airpods pro with Apple TV, the dialogue is wildly out of sync. PiunikaWeb.com is owned and operated by DeepSeaGem Technologies India. Agree, sync calibration seems to make it worse than if you didnt do it. How to set up and use Wireless Audio Sync on Apple TV | iMore LG TV picture settings set as recommended by "@sonoftumber" in the LG TV owners' thread. AppleInsider may earn an affiliate commission on purchases made through links on our site. Same for me, I have a house full of Apple TV 4Ks and 2 Yamaha RX-A1060s after TVOS 15, Airplay audio is ahead of video and increases as time goes on. Logitech offers a full lineup of remotes that are compatible with Apple TV at various price points. If you depend on your devices, wait for the final release. Only from Apple TVs to either of my receivers am I having this problem. While the betas contain new features, they also contain pre-release bugs that can prevent the normal use of your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, or Mac, and are not intended for everyday use on a primary device. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, Your iPhone and Apple TV are put through a series of tests that includes the playing of sound tones. The new tool requires that your iPhone is using iOS 13, while your Apple TV has tvOS 13 installed. The feature is baked into the latest iOS 13 developer beta. Starting to regret buying a pair of HomePods when they first came out to go with my ATV. The Apple TV is running the latest TVOS, Original homepod stereo pair not playing content audio. It looks like a BAD UPGRADE. So I can't get adjust the dialogue sync at all. Apple TV 4K, Looks like no ones replied in a while. aigars16. Since Apple has not made any comments so far, it is unclear whether the tech giant even considered it as a problem or not. SpWargo, call Perhaps I am seeing a different issue, but when the sound stops working, I simply reboot the Apple TV, and that brings it back. :(. The result is oversaturated colors that give skin tones and hair a seemingly elmofles, User profile for user: What is causing my audio sync issues? - Welcome to the Spectrum Community 'Drive to Survive' producers set to make MLS documentaries for Apple TV+, Sparkee portable charger review: Two portable chargers in one, Apple Watch ban threat, layoffs, and Jony Ive's red nose February 2023 in review, Satechi Pro Hub Slim review: Good port expansion for Mac, on a budget, Daily deals March 4: $400 off M1 Pro 14-inch MacBook Pro, $100 off iPad Air, $50 off Apple Watch Ultra, more, Apple's vice president of cloud engineering departs in April, Samsung Galaxy Book 3 Ultra vs MacBook Pro 16-inch - compared. It was on there for TVos 14.4 and have no idea why they took it out. Is anyone else having issues like this, or is it best to open a support ticket with Apple about it. You can choose to do a hard Reset by pressing the top or via the home app- long press on HomePod icon, scroll to gear icon, scroll, to bottom - Remove. On all 4 of my AppleTVs. My setup is: Apple TV > HDMI > Philips OLED TV > optical > Sonos Soundbar. This is absolutely repeatable. The Plex audio sync problems has happened before with the Ultra. Users have been facing audio sync issues while syncing the stock TV speakers with HomePods or other wireless speakers. Have you had a chance to try and calibrate the audio using the Apple TV app on your iPhone? I updated my HomePods and AppleTV HD to 14.2. I have run Netflix through my (smart) TV and had no problems with audio (its the same TV I have the Apple TV connected to). Note: This issue applies to some TV models released in 2019 or later. Restarting Apple TV fixes the issue temporarily. Does anyone else have problems streaming CBS All Access on a 3rd Gen Apple TV (A1469)? This doesnt typically occur with Disney plus or streaming movies from iTunes. It NEVER did this in any earlier OS. To resolve this, Apple is currently testing Wireless Audio Sync, which you initiate in the Apple TV settings. Looks like no ones replied in a while. Oct 3, 2021 11:40 AM in response to aigars16. I am tempted to try the Beta, but I am afraid that it will brick my AppleTV like a previous beta update. After endlessly messing around with audio delay settings on the TV and Sonos, I'm certain that the issue is actually coming from the Apple TV itself. Or even restart the show from the beginning. Yep, same here. Oct 6, 2021 5:55 PM in response to dangregory. Set audio to "Best Quality Available". If you are looking for a small, portable charger that offers a neat way to charge multiple devices, the Magsafe-compatible Sparkee charger might be the right choice for you. The audio sync issue is such that the audio appears to be AHEAD of the video, and as such, adjusting audio delay further through the soundbar isn't an option. Everything was just fine before the 14.5 update and now it's a shambles. omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. You can't hear the test tone when airpods are connected. Blackbeard456, User profile for user: This makes it difficult to recommend Apple TV as a streaming device for anything but prerecorded material. I've been having a lot of issues with audio sync between my Apple TV and my connected devices. Reboot the wifi router as well. The hypothesis, however, does not account for audio trouble experienced on third-party hardware. Recalibration does nothing. only. It was never a problem with my old AirPods. I use an Apple 4K to send the video to the TV (HDMI). Oct 9, 2021 6:25 AM in response to SpWargo. Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support, Aug 13, 2021 9:15 PM in response to Ali_E1. Bigus_Phillus, User profile for user: Check your audio sync options, it's probably anywhere from 0 to 300 milliseconds. Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited, What to Do if Video and Audio Wont Sync on Apple TV, Bypass Your Receiver for Video and Check Your Cables, iOS 13 or iPadOS problems and how to fix them -, How To Fix Messages and iMessage Problems in iOS 11, iMessage not working iOS 13 or iPadOS? Sep 30, 2021 6:59 AM in response to David Camps-Campins1. Apple TV audio/video sync issues - Apple Community Both devices must be on the same home network and signed into the same Apple ID. There are at least 10 software engineers doing nothing but this audio network transport of the AppleTV. I have to add +250 to 300ms to have the sound properly adjusted. captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of Meighan-Carey, who owns a first-generation Apple TV 4K, conducted a bit of troubleshooting and found that audio can be heard through a pair of connected AirPods. According to multiple reports on Twitter, the Apple TV problem cropped up in July and seemingly impacts newly purchased or rented content, as well as content streamed by third-party services.. If you love what we do, please consider a small donation to help us keep the lights on. Bryantrichar, User profile for user: Also, my picture is slightly glitchy. The "bad" ones are consistently bad, good ones always good. With that said, there does exist a couple of nifty workarounds . On my brand new Apple TV 4 K i tried to watch HAYU tv. the audio from the show or video doesnt work. dangregory, User profile for user: To start the conversation again, simply And this fix only lasts basically one day. Really really unacceptable. The only requirement is that your iPhone is close enough to your television for it to hear the sound. Very annoying. Pausing it and resuming fixes the audio (as does exciting and going back in, or fast forwarding and rewinding/scrubbing). For instance, we recently covered a story where Apple TV users faced stuttering issues when playing 4K HDR remixes on the Plex app after the v8.12 update. This occurs when using Appletv app on a TCL tv. This problem only happened after my Apple tv HD had it last update on September 20, 2021. (I've tried disabling this, but no change in the sync issues). Check Settings > Video and Audio > Audio Format > Change Format and test with both Stereo and Dolby Digital 5.1. Their mouths arent moving in sync with the sound. Considering this is Roku's top of the line device and their core-competency this should be the best product and software on the market. I think that timing protocol (PTP) that use Airplay2 for multiroom is used also for lip sync in 15.0 on AppleTV. Dear Apple, i've done half of the job for free, now it's your turn to fix the issue. I have 4 new 4K Apple TVs, hooked up in different ways to different TVs, and none of them are able to synchronize audio with video. No problem when the Apple TV is plugged on the TV but I lose ATMOS. I even ran a dedicated ethernet cable directly from our fiber internet modem to the back of the Apple TV and still programs slipped out of sync. quaffle, User profile for user: But I have had nothing but problems. Europe's busiest forums, with independent news and expert reviews, for TVs, Home Cinema, Hi-Fi, Movies, Gaming, Tech and more. Oct 2, 2021 3:04 PM in response to aigars16. Experiencing same issue with all live services. sync is much better when using airplay but still not 100% perfect. Notably, some Nvidia Shield TV users are also facing this issue. Spoke to support over the phone, no fix in sight, no way to downgrade from tvOS 15 Really disappointed. On top of that, since 15.1 and a lot in 15.2, the audio will just plain not work on my AppleTV until I've restarted it or power cycled it. 2 Kudos Reply All Topics Previous Topic Next Topic 8 REPLIES jpicco I had exactly the same issue. It either starts buffering, loses sync with the audio track or loses audio altogether. This means that you wont experience the audio sync issue when watching through the Plex website. Hasnt been a problem in the past. Please help! Cookie Notice Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, If we watch a program through the cloud dvr, or on demand within the Spectrum app the audio sync issues are not present, the issue is only present when watching regular programming within the Spectrum app. After update to tvOS15, sound and audio become more and more out of sync with time. Thank you again, I misunderstood the status of the signal. Irritating So disappointed after a so boring release without new features, that even broke things that usually worked, Sep 30, 2021 4:10 AM in response to ayrtonoc. Samsung's Galaxy S23 Ultra is a high-end smartphone that aims at Apple's iPhone 14 Pro with a 200-megapixel camera and a high-resolution 6.8-inch display, as well as a stylus. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the. Happening to me too across multiple apps including Apple TV+. Apple TV 4K 2021 model audio sync issues - Apple Community Happens with our new Apple TV, but only on Netflix and only with shows where the Dolby logo pops up in the right hand corner at the start.Id assumed it was just a Netflix bug. Bryan enjoys watching his favorite sports teams, traveling, and driving around his teenage daughter to her latest stage show, audition, or school event in his spare time. Use HDMI ARC or eARC with your Apple TV 4K - Apple Support Brand names used in our stories are trademarks of respective companies. Here's how they stack up versus the M1 Max and M1 Pro models. Jul 29, 2014. dfried1, User profile for user: I've done some other test with my hardware: The same happens in all refresh rates (60,50,25,24hz), video modes (SDR,HDR,DV) and with frame matching on or off. any proposed solutions on the community forums. These workarounds involved tweaking the Wireless Audio Sync calibration and Match Frame Rate option. To start the conversation again, simply I did notice that by using passthrough the lip sync returned. Alternatively, one could try turning on the Match Dynamic range and Match Frame Rate settings from the Match content option located under Video and Audio settings. Go into settings/ video and audio/ calibration and select wireless audio sync and follow along. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations If volume control doesn't work automatically, you can manually program your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote: On your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Volume Control. Audio sync issues, definitely caused by Apple TV : r/appletv 1-800-MY-APPLE, or, Sales and Shame on you Apple. frame matching etc. Please fix this apple! How can they mess it up at generation 15 ? Makes the Apple TV useless, only YouTube works on it for me now," said Twitter user Ben Meighan-Carey. Oct 9, 2021 4:52 AM in response to Ccastle84. The Homepods are playing sound perhaps 30ms ahead of the TV speakers across ALL apps. I can hear the clicks when moving between app tiles, or opening an app. For example, your Apple TV should automatically select the highest quality audio compatible with your television, but it may not be compatible with all the content youre watching. ayrtonoc, User profile for user: Adjust video and audio settings on Apple TV - Apple Support According to reports (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10), multiple users are experiencing audio sync-related issues on the Plex TV app. May 1, 2021 8:39 PM in response to JoppeA. Apple drops full trailer for 'Ted Lasso' season 3, Apple TV+'s 'The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse' wins four Annie awards, iPhone 14 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - compared, 14-inch MacBook Pro vs Galaxy Book 3 Pro 14 - compared, Samsung Galaxy S23 vs iPhone 14 Pro - compared, M2 Pro 14-inch MacBook Pro vs M2 13-inch MacBook Pro, 2023 16-inch MacBook Pro vs 2021 MacBook Pro - compared, 16-inch MacBook Pro with M2 Max review: Newfound performance, in same great design, HyperDrive Thunderbolt 3 Mobile Dock review: Convenient port expansion for MacBook Pro, Hyper Thunderbolt 4 Power Hub review: Fast connectivity for demanding users, tinyRigs Leather oriGrid review: Organize while mobile. This issue can occur if the audio format of the HDMI device is set to bitstream output (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, etc. After upgrade to tvOS 15 airplay audio is out of sync. It is getting really frustrating. Disable Match Frame Rate, enable Game Mode, or reset all your settings. Want to know more about us? This is still based on our speculation as the said issue has not been acknowledged by the tech giant so far. It seems that there is still no solution to this issue as users have tried resetting their devices among other workarounds.