Let us walk you through the steps for opening a port in the BT Smart Hub 2 router. The default setting is to merge the two together so you see only one network name. The risk is exceedingly low, though, so don't let this warning stop you from making this change if you need it. When you return to the Hub Manager home page the BT Access Control status will change from 'Enabled' to 'Not enabled'. Can you help me or direct me to step by step instructions please? BT Smart Hub settings - make your router faster and less annoying Just for completeness, the 'Reset to recommended' option does not cover splitting/combining (but nevertheless I did try it - it didn't! 25-08-2022 After typing your router's IP address into the address bar, make sure to click the enter button on your keyboard. As a by-the-way I also don't have the 'Configuration / MAC Filtering' options that you do, and my page layout is subtly different but maybe yours is the business or FTTP version? 15-01-2019 The light on the left of the Hub will flash blue. away from radiators, window sills or. Your browser either does not have JavaScript enabled or does not appear to support enough features of JavaScript to be used well on this site. How can I change my BT contact details in My BT? Channels Switching Smart Setup on and off on the BT Smart Hub 2 Just follow along as we lead you through the process of opening a port in your router. on How do I create a Port Forwarding rule on my Smart Hub? How to Open a Port in Your Router for Gran Turismo 7. Remember to save your changes. - edited I'm using a BT Smart Hub 2 with my PlusNet broadband and recently purchased 2 Essential BT DECT handsets. How do I assign multiple Static IP addresses on the Smart Hub. on How To Open Ports in Your Router for Company of Heroes 3. A Firewall blocks incoming connections by nature. However giving the 2 bands either the same or different names achieves that of course, however there is no explicit option on my advanced wireless page. 26-08-2022 With BT access controls you can manage how your device accesses the internet during certain times of the day. 03:02 PM 26-08-2022 I suggest you start a new thread asking specifically for a way to use 5 static IPs. In most cases, you can expect your new BT router to arrive in the post within a couple of weeks of signing up to a new BT package or of upgrading to Halo if youre an existing BT customer. I can confirm it works OK but it takes a few goes to get the timing right. How do I restrict the wireless devices that can connect to my Hub? Our newsletter is packed full of tips and advice, the latest offers and exclusive deals you won't find anywhere else. You should see a box similar to the one shown below. Connect with more opponents and help improve your online connections in Mortal Kombat 11 by forwarding some ports in your router. Thanks Baldrick1 for your advice and the steps to go through. The biggest difference between these packages is what speeds you can expect. Used BT Home Hub 2. How do you turn off wifi? Baldrick1, disgracie. Your wireless network name and password can be found on the back of the Hub, youll need these to start connecting your devices. Then press the power button on the back of the Hub. However, if it is a case of transferring from BT to Plusnet and the same hub is being retained then this is not necessary. on 20h41. A regular mistake made is to plug the DSL cable in before instructed. Debug token attached, Issue with yahoo adverts not blocking with BT Home home hub 2, Using PiHole with IPv6 and BT Smart Hub (or "static" IPv6). But you do have the option to leave the bands synchronised. Should have done a bit more researching first. This will have a standard BT socket on it so a standard telephone will still work (but only if it is a tone (MF) dialling phone). BT has a few routers the Smart Hub 2 is the newest and is up there with the very best routers offered by broadband providers. Then click on Advanced Settings. Learn about the BT Hub Manager | BT Help - BT.com How do I change my Smart Hub's wireless settings? It also has 4 Gigabit LAN ports. Opening Ports for FIFA 23 using Your Router. There is no advantage in having the Smart Hub 2 unless you want to use it with the extra disk(s) You would be better to continue using your old home hub. 15-01-2019 Turn on the Smart Hub 2 let it connect, check the phone is connected, then boot up the Netduma, this should then connect and allow internet access. How to change BT Home Hub settings - The Big Tech Question Your BT Business Smart Hub 2 guide Using Changing the wireless settings on Smart Hub 2 From the Hub Manager, click on Advanced Settings, then Wireless. Blue means it is ready to go. In order to do the change go to Advanced Settings -> IPv6 -> Configuration and turn IPv6 address allocation to Off and reboot the router again. In the field above the 5GHz band column labelled 'Separate Bands' set this to 'ON'. Press theRescanbutton to make it scan again. How to change the Smart Hub's wireless settings? | BT Business The Smart Hub 2 might be the new kids on the block, but there are still a number of other BT routers out there. If you are not sure which one to use, then go ahead and open Chrome, Firefox, or Edge. 09:38 AM, Interesting thread here -https://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Archive/Static-IPs-and-TP-Link-W9970/m-p/76515#M24137. Anyone else seen this problem or better still found a way round it? 20h48. Once your router is up and running, wed suggest you start making it as secure as possible. Type 192.168.1.254 in a web browser to open BT Hub Manager. Security type Set the security level for your Hub's wireless connection -. I've just acquired a Hub6/Smarthub from eBay. Don't try to open your devices or power adapters. Hello folks, yesterday I installed pi hole in a raspberry pi Zero W and everything worked perfectly when I was using manual IP address but got several issues when using DHCP. Next, select the first device that you want to control and choose the days and times for which you want to set limits. My reading of your linked post is that it is from someone who wanted to use different SSIDs for the two bands without having -5 automatically added to the end of the 5GHz band. Turn everything off. This will open the Hub Manager, Enter the admin password. These are the two alternatives that I get with my hub. Not all routers are the same. Keep device and cables out of young children's reach. 20h46 How to set up your BT Smart Hub - YouTube That's why we created Network Utilities. Depending on the model of your router you may see one of these interfaces: a) Once you are in IP configuration screen, select Enable: "No" under "DHCP Server". set Pi-hole to be the DNS server for your network clients in the router's DHCP (or LAN) settings page. DHCP server Here's how to set up your BT Smart Hub.The video below will help you understand what the different light colours on your Hub mean:https://youtu.be/rDQhkWjPJr. I changed the setting to OFF and the issue was solved. Unless you've previously changed it, you'll find the default password on your Hub settings card on the back of your Hub. How do I change my Smart Hub's wireless settings? Otherwise, choose either TCP or UDP as needed. You'll find access controls for your Smart Hub 2 in the My BT app. Connect it from the Port/LAN1 slot on the ONT to the yellow WAN port on the Smart Hub 2. New replies are no longer allowed. Finally, I strongly recommend testing to see if you forwarded the BT Smart Hub 2 ports correctly. Sorry I thought the first 10 steps were for some kind of business internet modem, will have a go tomorrow. on The settings you want are under 'Advanced SettingsMy NetworkIPv4 configuration. - edited 07:25 PM Despite your scepticism I don't have the option. Changing the wireless settings on Smart Hub 2 | BT Business The name does not have any effect on the functionality of the forward; it's simply there so you can know why it was created. 13-04-2021 Did you go through this step? Not anymore. 12-04-2021 BT Smart Hub and Ultrafast Smart Hub - switch on access controls, BT Smart Hub and Ultrafast Smart Hub - switch off access controls, BT Home Hub 3, Hub 4 and Hub 5 - switch on access controls, BT Home Hub 3, Hub 4 and Hub 5 - switch off access controls. 13-04-2021 Im going to get a hub 6 for the same issues with the rubbish plusnet router. Follow these steps to learn how to find strong scottish boy names with meaning To reset, first find the reset pinhole at the back of the modem between the Power and Ethernet ports. A BT Smart Hub 2 or similar will be provided by your provider. It is suspected that the cause is that some devices flip flops between the two and either wont connect or have drop outs. 22h35, on (If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thanks again for sharing the results of what must have been a great deal of hard work! Guide to using the BT Business Smart Hub Changing the IP address of your hub From the Hub Manager go to Advanced settings then My Network then IPv4 configuration You can view and make changes to your Hub's IP and DHCP settings (if you need to revert to the default settings, there's a Reset to default button on the top right of the page). I recommend separating them as some devices dont work when they are in sync. Youll then need to plug it into the mains, then hit the power button and wait for the light to turn blue before you can start connecting your devices. 22h11, on Finally you can type ipconfig /all and see that there is only one DNS Server and your internal network devices don't have IPV6 anymore. BT Smart Hub 2 features advanced filters They filter out interference that can negatively impact on Wi-Fi performance. Cable.co.uk's broadband postcode checker will find you the best deals, providers and speeds where you live. on Find the address bar in your web browser and type in your router's IP address. Do you have to when setting up.. Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch! It also comes with a price promise that your bill wont go up when your contract ends and double data allowances for anyone who also has a BT Mobile SIM. From this moment onwards in theory everything should be working, but in my case I had a problem which was the primary DNS was pointing to a IPV6 address which was not pi-hole and the add blocking was not working. Click on the Firewall button at the middle of the screen. Your router is the device that connects you to the wider world and the gatekeeper that stops outside threats from getting into your home network. All rights reserved. If you need to forward a port for both TCP and UDP and your router does not have the Both option, then you need to create two entries. The primary DNS was a IPV6 address. https://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Archive/Static-IPs-and-TP-Link-W9970/m-p/76515#M24137. ): So no obvious way to select combine or split apart from how I define the SSID. Regularly check that objects don't cover any parts or, When not in use, store in a dry place and away from. Your browser either does not have JavaScript enabled or does not appear to support enough features of JavaScript to be used well on this site. 07:01 PM, That is exactly what I did, and the message that appears is "These IP settings are not valid on the BT business smart hub". Find the Advanced Settings button located near the bottom right of the screen and click it. If you ever need to turn it off for any reason, you can use this switch to turn it off. After a factory reset both bands have the same BT name but it still isn't displayed as per your second screenshot with a single heading labelled '2.4GHz and 5GHz'. @Prodigy11UK Welcome to the Plusnet forum. Take the same values that you entered into the External Ports box, and enter them into the Internal Ports box. 13-04-2021 Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Thanks for your howto posts! Since December 2018 BT have been effectively loaning Smarthubs to their customers and now charge if they are not returned at the end of a contract, Consequently Smarthubs sold as new are more than likely better described as unused. At the time of writing, BTs entry-level standard broadband package comes with a BT Home Hub 4. Announcements, Guides & Community Updates, https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Smart-Devices-Only-Work-on-2-4-GHz/m-p/1903131#M6951, BT Smart Hub 2 Port Forwarding Manual settings. Opening a port to a specific device may solve problems that you are having on your network. Connect to the web management interface First, you need to connect to the router's web management page, so that you can change the settings that you want. socket if it's safe to do so and contact our helpdesk. The default IP address is 192.168.1.254 but you can change that here. Forwarding some ports for Gran Turismo 7 in your router can help with improving them. When you enable Bridge mode, your hub light will turn orange, your Hub will act as a modem only. Dust with a soft dry cloth; don't use water or solvent. Port Forward - Apps (VNC, Remote Desktop), Port Forward - Internet of Things (SmartHome, MQTT), Port Forward - Media Servers (Plex, Emby, Jellyfin), Port Forward - File Sharing (Torrent, DC++), Port Forward - Game Servers (Minecraft, Rust), Find your router's IP Address in Windows 11, Find your router's IP Address in Windows 10, Find your computer's IP Address in Windows 11.