All about money with next to 0 quality.. trash.. Remington 700 Std full length scope rail that I ordered does not fit any one of my 700's, short or long action. These representatives will help ease the extensive licensing and shipping complications associated with purchasing products from our U.S. website. I'm also shooting from a relatively uncomfortable patch of ground. My test rifle delivered terrific accuracy with a variety of factory loads. It goes against our guidelines to offer incentives for reviews. A 3rd shooter fired 2 groups thru it. This is due to outside of the barrel sleeves not being concentric with the bore. Received the wrong muzzle brake, then was told that since my rifle is pre 2012, Christensen doesnt make those muzzle brakes anymore!!! I attended a Christensen Arms shoot at a local gun club. Be aware that the weight and mass are still there in this Christensen AR-15 Carbon Fiber Barrel. This list is comprised of great riflesshooters all. It should not be walking like that. The large sample data we have all combined with CA carbon barrels is very large. 0000006227 00000 n If weight isn't an issue then I'd personally go with an HMR Pro if you want a chassis style rig or the approach if you want a traditional stock. That's why they only last 200 rounds. But a shift AND spread of 4 -10 inches at 100 yards for a $2,300!!!! Maybe not a big deal but thought it was worth mentioning. Join F&S+ to read exclusive stories by your favorite writers. Has anyone tried the short chambered options for these barrels, then setting head spacing yourself? But I could be wrong. That's why Christensen Arms builds an exceptionally lightweight, accurate firearm with cutting-edge, aerospace technology that's not a burden to carry all day - even if you don't get to take a shot. How are your barrels rifled? Best Group: .200 in. I have bore scoped the barrel and everything checks out ok. Also no. My family has had an FFL for years. The only factory ammo I could find. Brownings latest delivers top-notch long-range hunting performance at an attainable price, as the company was able to shave costs by making the new stock in-house. At 100 my first group completely covered edge to edge of a standard ST-4. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. Shooting the bergara from the XLR chassis a a WORLD of difference from that Mega Orias chassis. In the quest for ever-better accuracy, they are sure to be part of the equation. That is my experience shooting this rifle. I fired first 10, rolled over to spotting scope and he fired last 10 right after. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. I love my gun but I always need a cheek riser. Has anyone who owns a Christensen Arms rifle had a problem with them grouping poorly? Some are high-end rifles costing several thousand dollars, and some are inexpensive enough that you might be tempted to buy two, just because. I appreciate all the factual based information from everyone. !!!! H|Un0+(,J~D(QCL;jdI!.-zP`0a1=T7zF67r QN d^Hf"YlsO'a&I.AD11*Q&0J BZ\y/s9 (u8itlpa .375 H&H MAG. In Stock. Select larger calibers are backed by a Sub-MOA guarantee. Who here has been behind both and if so what is your opinion if you had to choose between one or the other ? You must log in or register to reply here. It delivers exceptional accuracy and performance for the price. The turnaround time was impressive, the work was not. To expand a little on my previous post I can talk some about the customer service aspect of Christensen compared to what I know about Bergara. How much better can we expect rifles and cartridges to perform? When shooting matches I can economize by using the Am Gunner ammo for targets inside 500 and I do it with my ballistic app set for the Match ammo. Is my understanding correct that the first shots you fired in this range session was the 25 round group where the rifle was walking while warming up? This doesnt look like a traditional hunting rifle, but dont let that fool you. Breaking in a barrel consists of a series of shooting and cleaning sequences. Christensen Arms 700 338 Lapua 26" Factory Carbon Rifle Barrel For Remington 700. */AbaC|_%#Z AEh"{5XE)-Tww*"-KQC8Nf'{v;lkD4&M :%FFd34vt@m4qN\OWe ** @R81fO4zYyjF6F0O?UUxVeCD@4j 4L:uQatV Zppp>\]1 G endstream endobj 176 0 obj <>stream My 700 in a krg same thing. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. $799.99. Broz, Your are correct. !I have returned the wrong product back to Christensen for a refund. 360 rounds down range and I get 1/3 to 1/5 groups at 100. .300 Ultra Mag., reloads. Hopefully you find a easy fix or they take care of the problem because the Christiansen rifles I've seen and handled definitely have the look and feel of quality. 0000003569 00000 n Everyone This includes gear reviews, features on technical innovations, stories on shooting techniques and general hunting coverage with the occasional fishing story thrown into the mix. The Traverse weighs in starting at 7.3 pounds and is backed by the Christensen Arms Sub-MOA Guarantee. Checked all hardware for proper torque. Hotjar sets this cookie to identify a new users first session. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Manufacturer: Christensen Model: Ranger 22 . I want to start off by saying I am no rookie when it comes to long guns. 0000057435 00000 n I have also ordered probably six 30 cal carbon blanks, a few 6.5's, and a 223 along with a few 338's. Every single blank shot under .5 moa with no issues. I called Krieger and ordered a blank yesterday afternoon after debating whether or not to buy a CF barrel from Proof Research. Lightly textured grip green composite with black and tan webbing. 3 RANGER 22 STRUCTURE MODEL . I was debating on a .338 Lapua (Savage, Christensen Arms, MPA, Sako, and custom build). I went from defending Christensen Arms, to urging people to never buy one of these rifles. My MPR shot unimpressive groups with factory ammo as well, but not quite as bad as those. like no words Obviously certain guns don't run certain pills well, but at a 100 yards, you cant tell me a different grain is going to fix a 10! They said they changed out the barrel for a new one. This highly accurate, no-nonsense rifle is built around an excellent three-lug action that operates nearly effortlessly. John B. In comparison, a competitor's rifle with a 26-inch steel varmint/target barrel weighs 11 poundsthat's 4.3 pounds of extra weight the Ridgeline doesn't have. vxLp[Tj>`;3;pb;Bwyhu? . Unopened or handled. To replace the factory Remington 7mmRM barrel. In gusty 15mph wind! Tried hornady precision 143 eldx and 2 other brands of ammo. i own two my custom one is the best rifle i own!!! Well, that's disappointing. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Like thats basic physics, pretty sure its called the thermodynamics Obviously hot barrels have a POI shift. Google Analytics sets this cookie to store the traffic source or campaign by which the visitor reached the site. The occurrence of POI shift would roughly correspond to the length of time between strings. I purchased a ca ridgeline from prophet river arms in may 2022.The chamber was so tight I had trouble to eject the cartridge and the accuracy was terrible!!!!! Nothing but good to say about all. I own 2 Christensen Rifles. Gun would not come close to a 1 inch group. Proof Research 338 Whisper Carbon Fiber Barrel - 1:9.4. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. 0000001368 00000 n They seem willing to help, but are not the sharpest tools in the shed. HUn@}W#H61. The Creedmoor is the hottest cartridge on the Sign up for the Field & Stream newsletter and get the latest intelligence straight to your inbox. Learn more . JavaScript is disabled. With a price tag under $700, this Mauser is one of the most accurate deer rifles youll find for the money. All Christensen Arms 1911 handguns have a 2" 5-shot 25-yard accuracy guarantee. However, no POI shift was ever the same and never returned to a previous zero. Will update sometime next week when I get to the range. Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Hopefully a competent shooter, so that you can trust his results. Who makes the barrels for them, or are they built completely inhouse? The first 3 groups are good accuracy minus the flyers which is probably shooter error, the 3rd group has a POI shift which is probably also shooter error from not being consistent behind the gun. Chambered in 6mm Creedmoor, it has the ability to hit targets a long way off. 5Y:t_0Z']P\yN0,0 . If I could sell this monstrosity and buy an MPA, or hell even another budget ass plastic ass Savage (I <3 my savage, no offense to you) Id do it in an instant. To make the shopping experience with Brownells better, we have a number of representatives in Europe. This highly accurate, no . You are making an offer for. Bryan Litz from AB did some extreme testing of carbon barrels for heat related issues and CA was the winner. Google Analytics sets this cookie, to determine new sessions/visits. They seemed like good people over there to deal with I'm sure their not going to screw you over, I understand this is an old thread, but want to reply anyway. Trigger: Single Stage, TriggerTech. when your wrapping carbon fibre with a little skinny barrel underneith is fine with normal magnums and nonmagnums, the problem with the 300 ultra is it heats up the barrel too much because the steel is so thin and will actually burn the barrel out in around 200 rounds, now that is just what I read from a few people and I can't remember on which It does not store any personal data. wildcat455 Well-Known Member Joined Arms rifles has to do with their carbon fiber barrels. Cookie set to track when someone clicks through a Klaviyo email to a website. Hotjar sets this cookie to know whether a user is included in the data sampling defined by the site's pageview limit. All except for your 25 round group comparisons are similar and equally inconsistent with flyers for the most part. Received email from CA saying all they did was clean and inspect and were shipping back to me. I am going to give it one more shot at the range with myself and another shooter from a solid rest. The issues with Christensen is well documented, but those are primarily with their carbon fiber barrels (ridgeline models). I can wait to get it sighted in. I just purchased my first Christensen Arms Firearm. I had a bench but it was damaged. Inspired by decades of experience with carbon fiber and other advanced aerospace materials, Christensen Arms manufactures highly accurate and lightweight firearms that stand in a class of their own. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. People who write reviews have ownership to edit or delete them at any time, and theyll be displayed as long as an account is active. Good rifles will print some loads very well. The first day at the range I shot 1/2 and under at 100, with FACTORY 180 gr accubonds and 180 gr BT. 01 CLEAR BORE First make sure that the barrel is clean and free of any oil or solvents from the manufacturing process. Articles may contain affiliate links which enable us to share in the revenue of any purchases made. Have you ever thought of having someone else shoot both rifles to eliminate the shooters skill-set variable? This is an impressive debut for Daniel Defense, which is a newcomer to the high-end bolt-action rifle scene. The cookie is set by Google Analytics and is deleted when the user closes the browser. He just bought a RPR 6mm and he did tell me how well he thought it shot, as in he was impressed with it's accuracy. 0000018344 00000 n 0000024402 00000 n The large sample data we have all combined with CA carbon barrels is very large. I mounted the Spuhr and Razor using manufacture specs, using rosin on the interior of the rings and triple checking all torque readings. group very well . How durable are carbon fiber wrapped barrels? inches. I am by no means bashing, I personally have no experience with them. When I order blanks, I order from Christensen Arms, Red Hawk Rifles, CarbonSix and Bug Holes. }pnR_qfC_;U~qhvyyz~7Y@v{wJ)'nH^_sqjxe{& gR4JzqT{_D*5+tjW6j?@>Qb-cu9*IQf9:o\\I z+Y=\l,'}Lk2uLna7 `13>aVUEVK6>0s zh)-O P)+l0Mz/J*Sl!i7vvfzgm2V?1\q$AL6D"qF-@'*GjD BB.YG~B9Jzn#$!D.#(aM0q4 |'x?4{L@=kV .T endstream endobj 170 0 obj <>>> endobj 171 0 obj >/PageTransformationMatrixList<0[1.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 0.0 0.0]>>/PageUIDList<0 207>>/PageWidthList<0 567.0>>>>>>/Resources<>/ExtGState<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageC]/Properties<>/XObject<>>>/Rotate 0/TrimBox[0.0 0.0 567.0 270.0]/Type/Page>> endobj 172 0 obj <> endobj 173 0 obj [/ICCBased 187 0 R] endobj 174 0 obj <>stream $749.00. It is not the shooter. Find out how we combat fake reviews. The bottom metal allows the rifle to utilize AICS magazines. 0000001076 00000 n Hotjar sets this cookie to detect the first pageview session of a user. A no-nonsense hunting rifle which is enjoyed by hunters and precision shooters alike. H\T]1{SOg_oFj:0S"mLQbDkxq@5.\x]by$ 7>WRj[?2=jqs14+MCv"gEm?uByEh!j# CarbonSix is a good open because I can fine tune my order to my specs while ordering from the others it is buying what they have in stock that suites me the best. This is a rifle that will passed down for generations. I would try a different scope before I blamed the rifleI agree with Cory - You can not accurately draw the conclusion you have from the targets you have shown. The company's first product, though, was not a barrel. I just purchased a CA Mesa in 300WM. Am I missing something here? The MPR is a fairly light rifle, even with the . IMO CA having this policy on their website is just an out to allow them to brush off defects on to the owner. Just to comment on the American Gunner, I've surprisingly good results with it on both my CTR and my TAC A1. Full disclosure in case my previous comments came off as me advocating for a Christensen Arms over a Bergara because I stand to benefit from it, I no longer work for a Christensen dealer and have no skin in the game (nor could I help OP score any kind of deal on one). Well, I was finally able to get out to the range again with the "Good Ammo" that I had on hand. Mag. Love the light weight. I have called but can never get a person to talk to. Send us a message and one of our reps will get back to you. I lost count of how many carbon barreled CA rifles I have set up. Meet our award-winning MPR, awarded the SI Golden Bullseye 2020 Rifle of the Year., This website or its third-party tools process personal data.In case of sale of your personal information, you may opt out by using the link. I will always admit when I dont know what I dont know; but occasionally it's something else. @*~13J8cujZ,,;0upX! (wC^,fQS(W=VNkv ] endstream endobj 175 0 obj <>stream There barrels actually insulate and trap heat in, (that's what carbon fiber does) dispite what there ads claim. Even if it's hot as hell it should only open up a bit. When I walked the rep through my barn sized groupings and insane wandering zero, the CA representative was entirely dismissive and LAUGHED saying "well yeah this happens to all guns when they heat up". Please see pictures for more details. a burden to carry all day even if you dont get to take a shot. It's not recoil or anything for me, it's just general compatibility of attachments since I know a bunch of people make items like Arca rails for XLR chassis but hadn't honestly even heard of Mega Orias prior to looking up more details on the Bergara. My complaints; the bolt is rough and difficult to close. Christensen Arms has a carbon fiber-wrapped barrel version of the MPR that weighs between 6.9 and 8.4 pounds. If you cannot resolve the problem please contact Christensen Arms immediately. $350.00 + $24.00 shipping. I was gearing towards Christensen and Sako, but decided to go custom. Privacy Policy. You "notices" were not helpful.I'm grateful I have the item, I love the product, I tell ALL my friends how much I love the the product - but - your notification system needs HELP, lots of Help. I would imagine the whole process of bonding/wrapping the barrels, turning them, stress relief and other work going into it adds several compounding factors. I see that undocumented and unsupported garbage too. UPS has officially stopped shipping guns? I have never had a bad experience with Bergara CS, ever! Literally the last shots fired. 24 inch heavy carbon fiber wrapped barrel plus a muzzle device. Bolt Carrier Group: Black Nitride Finish. My experience with Christensen CS has not been impressive. The communications and quick responses to my questions from Jeff, Kystren and Michelle made the purchase of of my rifle a great experience. Great rifles shoot all kinds of ammo well. The large cluster of shots was at the end of the day. Can't get the gun to shoot groups.At 50 yards I get a 1 inch group. For $2,400 this thing should be resilient and reliable. I bought a new 28 Nosler in March and the barrel alignment was so bad i couldnt even zero my scope (Tangent Theta 3x15, so not a junker) at 100 yards with its available elevation OR windage. But not a pant load. You are using an out of date browser. It has the kind of performance that makes ground squirrels quake in their burrows. He shot a mule deer and cow elk (370 yds) and our other buddy used it to shoot a pronghorn (310) and a mule deer (570) all with a 130 accubond at 3075 fps. Loved the rifle.Broke the handle off the bolt cocking it .Al's sent the gun into Christensen Arms, and told me the turn around time was usually one to three weeks .It has been over six weeks and have no gun yet. }VG-s@}M@foX{]omAzET;ghBPA_(#]X>hq5Q'g^`Fmz7OxC.,/GeBAE;V;@ endstream endobj 177 0 obj <>stream But with the issues I was having I knew if I kept shooting it would show the true nature of the issue. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics. I would regularly receive notices that the item I wanted was available - but when I attempted to purchase the item - the same day - it was "out of stock". We use dedicated people and clever technology to safeguard our platform. I was glad to I was able to purchase some 2 years after buying my rifle. I called Krieger and ordered a blank yesterday afternoon after debating whether or not to buy a CF barrel from Proof Research. They make them in-house (instead of using something like a Proof barrel) and the problem is that they're either . Eurooptic is full of crap. but there is an issue with the weapon. Bought a Mesa in 7mm rem mag. Every company can have stuff come out with issues, it's how they stand behind it that matters. I was wanting one in 300 Norma. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. Thanks for any info. Obviously guns have a POI shift but it should be at least be repeatable or make some sense. Its been 2 weeks now and no return answer since they received it. %PDF-1.5 % Snipers Hide is a community of Snipers of all kinds, focusing on long range shooting, accuracy, and ballistics. 02 BOREBRUSH With the bore guide inserted, run a solvent-soaked patch through the barrel, breach to muzzle, removing it at the muzzle. I'd readjust my Razor ii zero and what do you know, if it wouldn't jump halfway across the paper again. JavaScript is disabled. I shot the Mesa yesterday at a 100 yard indoor range and printed sub .40 3 shot groups. My dealer tells me Christensen had some problems because they sourced out some things, but now things are done in-house except like the Triggertech triggers. I'm wondering if their carbon fiber barreling is just a gimmick. Where is the heat going? So, the answer is a Tikka in a Bravo. In the end, I got what I needed, but I wouldnt say it was an enjoyable process.. __utmb cookie is created when the JavaScript library executes and there are no existing __utma cookies. Have cycled ammo in magazine through the rifle with no issues. About To Buy A Rifle in .308 Win Steyr Vs. Bergara Vs. Howa? Theres no such thing as an inaccurate Anschutzthe company makes some of the most accurate rifles in the worldso I wasnt surprised when it clustered bullets in ragged little holes on target. I was told that the action was re-Ceracoated and the bottom plate was replaced. and they took care of that. My CTR same thing. I dont think that Christiansen carbon barrels are Proof. A friend of mine recently bought a christiansen Ridgeline in 300 rum, has carbon fiber barrel. He is a very experienced shooter/reloader with many miles under his belt. Turnaround time was 3 weeks. He advised it should be able to keep a decent group with 20 rounds. I had never "shot" a Christensen Arms gun, nor did I know anything about them. The South Fork is one of the new rifles for PRS Production Class, which must cost $2,500 or less. Tolerance and modern milling means there is no need for a "break in" anymore. Well-Known Member Joined Aug 10, 2003 Messages 408 Location McKinney TX Dec 25, 2005 #2 Unless Christensen Arms has changed there carbon wrap and there process I would steer way clear. Prophet river sells only , corlane sports fixes only in this case (I didnt buy from them ) and Christensen arms only builds the gun , they dont sell or fix them !! I ordered a muzzle brake for my Christensen .300 ultra mag. Sent it back to CA and took nearly a month and 12 emails to get it back. This continued for TWO HOURS with different lengths of time to cool the barrel, putting up fresh targets, readjusting my rear bag (at one point I started questioning my sanity and if I even knew how to shoot), and trying every thing I could think of.