I will never go back. I don't know how you price things, if you don't even know if it works. I spoke to the manager who said clothes have never been returnable, but I know I have received store credit before. I bought a DVD player for my daughter's room, paid $10 and it didn't even work, that's just not right, all I have to say is goodwill sells what people "donate" they dont don't even check if it works, then have a no return policy, just a bunch of rip offs!!! Goodwill accepts returns within 7 days of purchase at our Metro-Phoenix and Yuma locations. What A Corrupt Business And Corporation. I returned several months later to use it only to discover at check out that it has "expired" less than a month prior and while the cashier said this to me she slid the card into the drawer (did not even return it to me so I could challenge it). If I purchase a clothing item via Goodwill Online, may I return it to a local store for a refund? Please include the requested accommodation and your contact information. Love Goodwill, I am vip member that means am always buying might have bought too much, on July 3 I went in to the store and was told that everything will be Sale July 4, on the sale day I purchased a 5x7 rug for the same price was hesitant I expected to pay the sale price and went outside to call a cleaner's on hearing the price to clean I said I will just put it back 2mins after purchasing, the rug for $60.00,the manager said I can't return, take store credit, I ask for some kind a prove to say I have a store credit they said the don't have anything to prove "suggestions for the Manager and cashier I should walk to different stores with the rug and the receipt for the next 7days to see if there is nothing else for $60". Today I donated a car load of items and went inside to return the items for a store credit. or something for your MONEY Winston salem n c 27127. Moreover, they maintain a safe atmosphere at the store. ANY phone. I had a receipt showing that I had purchased the shoes that morning. So in a few more hours I am out my $70.00, AND have no sofa.while the store has BOTH the $70.00 and the sofa AND can resell the sofa for ANOTHER $70.00 ?!!!!!! Goodwill policies are not acceptable if you use a debit or credit card on your purchases. We're not upset with the checkout person who maybe was rushing and did their best. Since the clothing items I had purchase did not fit I had no choice but to leave them there with no store credit or return. I brought it back and was told that I would only be able to get in store credit. In how many days can we return the product? Prior to purchase I asked if there was any thing wrong with it and was told it worked and was complete. The organization does not allow returns by mail. Example: purchased two collectable figures a day ago only to find on line that they WAY WAY WAY over priced the figures. How can it be legally and morally right for a store to be able to sell the same item twice at my loss ? You can simply return Shoes, electronics, and clothes without any issues at Goodwill if you have a receipt. Not my problem, but I had enough by that point. Disappointed to learn about the change to Goodwill's return policy. When I got home with 8 pair of pants that should have fit my son according to the manufactures tag, I was very surprised that not a single pair fit. there was nothing anywhere in the store posted saying that there is a no return policy at the moment. I had about 3.50 extra and was forced to spend it in the store that momentin the checkout line. I asked them why I couldn't get it for $1.99. Today I was going to buy a ps3 for 80$ complete trash it didn't work. FORT MYERS FL THIS IS SO SAID IF IS WAS SOMEONE HAVE A DIFFERENT ETHIC BACKGROUND IT WOULD BE HANDLED MUCH BETTER. Goodwill stores used to offer a seven-day return window, but they extended their policy after removing the dressing rooms from the stores. Donors would then be prepared to address any questions the IRS may have. He said it was "against regulations"! When she returned she informed me the 2 items were not the ones purchased on the receipt. Then I still had 53 cents left and the cashier kept asking me to donate it! The following are examples of return policies for brick-and-mortar stores, posted to the retailers' websites: See Also: Best 15 Slack Bots for Small Business Users. Bought a shirt the was way to large. I thought it was only store credit, but the receipt states otherwise. Change your policies so they match what customers expect. I need the receipt for my credit card records. I WILL REMAIN HUMBLE BLACK AND BEAUTIFUL. Frequently Asked Questions | Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona They sold an emfamil sample box for $15 dollors and I bought anyway cause I was in needed. The dressing rooms are closed due to Covid, so there was no way to try on clothes before purchase. And to hell with anyone who got in these money hungry for profit jerks! Almost every Goodwill location that closed during state-issued closures are now re-opened. Went back to the Store returned the item and the Manager fid nit gave my money back. If you have purchased a Goodwill item, you should act quickly because of the following reasons. the most important things that hurt my feeling the most is the words from manager (I mean the way he talked to me). Goodwill is DISGUSTING IN GREED.the ceos make millions off of over pricing donated items. There was no interrogation as to why, just gave them my ID and was able to go shopping and had it spent within a half hour. and a straight out liar! The Invisible Burden by Xin Liu, Chengxi (Adam) Yin, Weinan Zheng :: SSRN No thanks, give me my money back. Just shopped at Goodwill yesterday. I respect the return policy but I want to tell something is not fair for buyer, especially electronic. People shop here because they don't have the money to buy new, and yet you throw whatever is donated into your shelves not knowing if it works or not. The return policy was part of special customer service & treating customers who may not have options with dignity. Some items are very very high price. It's like lottery or gambling I'd guess.i got 15 dollar electronic musical device spent ten for specific power supply lacking with device and it had burning smell at once. I will never shop there again. Each month the Consumer Safety Product Commission sends Goodwill the latest recall notices. I'm vacationing in New England. When I left, I paid a high price for the used purse. However, we do need to refuse some items for being non-recyclable or containing hazardous materials. Need to train your managers and workers to be more pleasant and not so hateful. Other times, the item must be refused because it costs more to transport, repair or refurbish than it . If you have COVID, you can touch everything in store but you can't try clothes on?? I bought a electronic sewing machine for 130.00 and a robot vacuum cleaner for 46.99 (that the manufacturer will not provide a manual for when called because I didn't purchase from a regular retailer) and have to buy a battery, and charging station for because they were no good.. Why are some stores exempt from the national policy guidelines? I feel whoever checked the incoming items failed me as well as the cashier for not informing me. I called the manager and after I explained my situation I was told to bring it back in. I exchanged my shoes that the soles fell apart on the moment I put them on for a couple sodas. Only allowing returns on clothes is unacceptable. That doesn't make sense to me*. The clerk said as long as l returned in the 7 days policy & had a receipt, l could. I called them before I went to take the projector back to see if they were going to be open and she told me on the phone that I couldn't get a cash refund and Only store credit so I'm not sure exactly what wind down in this scenario but I think I'm pretty sure God stepped in so I didn't have to lose my composure and cause a stink in front of everyone but I will say to Goodwill you should post your refund policy somewhere on the wall before people make a purchase so they can't say they didn't know until after the purchase. Effective January 22, 2023, we will fully implement a 14-day return policy for Apparel items only. Was told we could return items in 14 days but NO ONE told us it would o ly be store credit. Sometimes our shoppers have questions about our policies and procedures and other aspects of our operations. With this one sided, customer unfriendly return policy, I will no longer gamble a high-end purchase ever again, and will most likely not purchase much from goodwill in the future. Once on the original product and again when you use the in store credit. According to the Goodwill return policy, you can request an exchange for a product within 30 days of the date of purchase. Home - Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina, Inc. Upon arrival the manger ( a different lady), said I could not get a refund. Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina is a nonprofit organization that has served the community since 1926. Goodwill Industries also hires veterans and individuals who lack either education, job . he still kept saying until I have to ask him to stop and get over it. That's only show how top management can destroy the idea of mission. I'm all for non profit organizations who help people however I think it's sad that the people who give and give to help make them possible get treated this way over things that are donated in the beginning. The return policy stated here is reasonable except that ALL items, including electronics and defective items should be returnable within the 10 days, not just clothing. Married, filing separately. . Wait until the Goodwill team signals . I have always "rounded up" but don't think I'll be doing that anymore. After that point, your return-on-investment for continuing to operate substance-free will come in the form of savings realized from operating a safer, healthier, more productive . The store does not provide a refund to your original payment mode. The lady I spoke to said I could get a refund for my items. Never buy, Goodwill sucks big time. I was told I could RETURN the items within a week with the receipt. While most people recognize Goodwill as a retail chain, that is only a portion of the Goodwill story. Goodwill in Fairfield, OH 45014 - Hours Guide Let alone they try to tell us that they don't mark prices on the items they get in. This Is Supposed To Help People Out, Comeon! We study the role of goodwill, an important form of intangible assets arising from merger and acquisitions (M&As), on asset pricing. Which explains $24 each. Now my nephew says goodwill is shill bidding basically using it's own employee's to bid against consumers or using a program to auto bid when goodwill sees that it's not going to get as much on that particular bid or and they want even more money they will implement the shill bidding! She didn't like them. Now I'm stuck with in-store credit with nothing professional to wear to my interview. Customers will receive an in-store credit valid for 1 year from original purchase date. Gonna start calling you "greedy goodwill". Across Goodwill, we are practicing the following to keep our community healthy, and encourage you to do the same. I am the person who really love shopping at Goodwill because I love treasure hunting and people who work in Goodwill are so nice, sweet and friendly. Seems ridiculous to me and we donate all the time. Serving Marion, Delaware, Union, Crawford and Morrow Counties in Ohio. Some locations say that it is 14 day exchange policy due to fitting rooms being closed but if you go for a exchange past 7 days, then the worker will play dumb about it and say it is 7 days only. I wasn't aware of the new return/ exchange policy it sucks they use to do returns but since they don't I'm not going back! Top 1,536 Goodwill Store Reviews - ConsumerAffairs Before doing so i ask manager if it were to leek could i bring back for tefund. Got it home and it didn't work. How do they get by refusing to honor what they say? And they don't honor it half the time since their workers seem to make up their own rules. Ohio Association of Goodwills | Ohio Association of Goodwill Industries I was happy they accepted my jeans, so I could exchange them for other ones. They looked brand new. Read our other return policy guides on CVS or Walgreen. The cashier told me they didn't issue credits, but she called a manager for me. We'll, to make a long story short I reached out to corporate who directed me to the Store Manager Jenny. However the tax you played should be in loaded in store credit. I will follow up with the administrative offices regarding the inconsistency in applying the refund policy. And a FitBit Charge 2 for 30 ..that was supposedly newand won't work. The seller will make arrangements for pickup, file a claim with the delivery company, and process a refund for you. Going to go throw it in their parking lot in the morning. It is Amazon's policy to charge the concession refund from your account first. Would'nt even offer a store credit.i asked had they checked it out to be sure it would hold water. Because of covid all of their dressings rooms were closed which is understandable. Prices are sometimes higher than in the store and refund policy is ridiculous. All merchandise is tagged with a color coded tag - which is discounted every 5 weeks. Well run and organized store. So what, I'm just supposed to keep a shirt that I paid for that I literally can't wear??? COVID-19 in Ohio: Transmission rates remain high in every county with hospitalizations only going up Find something with no price on it and watch them take it to the back and put a price on it. Mail correspondence should be mailed to the following address: Chattanooga Goodwill Industries 3500 Dodds Ave. I don't know of any other retail organization that can get by with that, and the signs are coast to coast with all their new fancy buildings on premium lots that they're putting in . He also said it's printed on the receipt that clothes are not returnable which it is not. My wife and I spend $200/$300 or more a month at Goodwill but no longer. Goodwill is fraudulent, I purchased a new bedsheet on the 5th of November from the Katella by Magnolia store, got home and found out size was small, went back to the store for an exchange but was flatly refused. Especially at Goodwill. I have admired GW for providing folks with limited means a shopping alternative. 553 Fairview Ave. N St. Paul, MN 55104 651-379-5800. Bought a coffee pot worked fine one time now I find out it's leaking water/coffee all over my counter. We'll, you probably can guess what happened - neither worked. The return policy definitely needs to be changed. First I thought we help and support each other. I am done with Good Will forever if they stick with this new policy. I suggest you remove all of the plastic wrap they put around thier items to cover the damage. Returned it today and was told I could only get store credit, even though I paid in cash and had my receipt and the item with tags still intact. This is frustrating please change it back. Through the sale of donated items in our stores, we fund employment and training programs that help people find hope, opportunity and jobs. And this is the first time I have ever tried to return a item. They refused saying they are not doing returns now and would not take them back in the future. Changing your return policy draws a line in the sand--whether GW is a nonprofit or a retail business. Dell recycles computers and computer parts in Ohio. Wore one pair one time and they fell apart. I tried to explain, but the employee was rude and kept interrupting me. For more information, call 412-632-1809 or e-mail accommodations.request@goodwillswpa.org . I can keep the item and its sales slip in my car. I also have no problem with in store credit for a return. We would not be able to make the difference that we have without the support of the communities we serve. Isn't Goodwill, Goodwill? It is battery operated. Customers are the one who support the business, who donate merchandise.But the mean attitude from a Goodwill's personal destroys the business. You must return your item within 30 days after purchase, According to the new Goodwill return policy. What kind of store won't allow you to try on your purchase and then won't let you return it when it doesn't fit? i come at 3pm not even 12 hours later they put thm back for sale they sold 4 that i already purched. like, A PHOTO-FRAME!!!!!!!!! Store credit is issued for returns. We want to be transparent and let you know all of the facts that surround donating to your Goodwill. But, when good will inspect an item, price I it and display it for sale and the item turns out to be not what it's supposed to be, then I think the customer is totally illegible for his money. I brought them back the same day. Add me to the list of people who will no longer support Goodwill for their bad business practices. Y'all are pathetic. Money down the drain because staff obviously doesn't check, and they throw a fit if you try to take anything out of a box to examine it in store. Hence your whole crap about "providing jobs". Do not wash any apparel, or you will not be able to make a return. Learn about Goodwill of North Georgia's mission of to enhance people's dignity and quality of life by strengthening communities and providing opportunites. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'returnsandrefund_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_6',101,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-returnsandrefund_com-medrectangle-3-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'returnsandrefund_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_7',101,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-returnsandrefund_com-medrectangle-3-0_1'); .medrectangle-3-multi-101{border:none !important;display:block !important;float:none !important;line-height:0px;margin-bottom:7px !important;margin-left:auto !important;margin-right:auto !important;margin-top:7px !important;max-width:100% !important;min-height:50px;padding:0;text-align:center !important;}. PATHETIC.. So I understand good will's return policy and that they all their clothing they have what they called double marked or double tagged. ( nowhere else just the location I mentioned above) As soon as I walked in the two woman behind the counter immediately proceeded to tell me that they have an all sales final policy .