Hi Laura! Source Image: http://www.recipestonourish.com. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent and fragrant. Directions: Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray. Add 1 cups of long-grain rice and broccoli. Preheat oven to 350F. Remove the pot from the heat, and let sit. I love to know what you are making! And while the dish includes a good amount of broccoli, its really about the rice and the cheese SO much cheese. Wow! However, since Im finally making some progress in shedding my Covid-15, Im trying to make healthier choices and avoid the carb-heavy culprits that Im tempted to turn to on gloomy days. Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole - Belly Full The ingredients are ready to go. . Cook until chicken is cooked through. of pepper, and 1/2 tsp. Get the Loaded Cauliflower Rice Casserole recipe at Low Carb with Jennifer. Cook for about 15 minutes until fluid is absorbed. Broccoli Rice Casserole - Well Plated by Erin Check if the chicken is cooked through by looking if the center is not pink then move to a plate. What is a serving size for the calorie content listed? Maybe extend the cook time and get twice as much? 16 Healthy Chicken Casserole Recipes with Fewer Than 400 Calories MY family loves the lemon and lemon zest - for us it's not overpowering and it's a very important ingredient in the recipe. I am definitely bookmarking. Place broccoli and rice mixture in pan, smoothing it into an even layer. Pair this beautiful green beauty with some basics like onion, garlic and carrots. This recipe is fantastic! In a large bowl, mix the soup, Greek yogurt, skim milk, salt and black pepper. I totally agree Carrie, they're so comforting . Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Welcome! Heat olive oil in a large 12-inch skillet set over medium-high heat. I love it. Feeling the need for a little comfort food but dont want to kick healthy eating to the curb? Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Onion: We prefer sweet or yellow onion in this recipe. Wrap tightly or store in an air-tight container, freeze for up to 3 months, then reheat in the microwave or oven. Enjoy! Preheat oven to 350F. Add the chicken, broccoli, rice and cup of cheese to the soup mixture. I typically use Greek yogurt as my substitute to sour cream. Leave a rating below in the comments and let me know how you liked the recipe. Will be checking out your other recipes. Then bake up this beautiful Healthy Chicken Broccoli Casserole and share it with your loved ones. Add milk, chicken broth and stir in bouillon. I do have a good organic dairy source so if I can't find Nancy's.. will use that! Oh man, I so wish I could have dairy because this looks amazing! Butter -If you prefer olive oil over butter, feel free to swap. I want to make this for him tonight but Im nervous since Ive never used yogurt in a casserole before always the condensed soup (I know, I knowthe bad stuff)! Get the Healthy Chicken Broccoli Mac and Cheese recipe at Family Food on the . Easy broccoli chicken casserole - Simply Delicious but this recipe will fit into an 88 or 99 baking dish. Nancy's organic sour cream is hands down my absolute favorite sour cream! Season the chicken with some salt and pepper and drizzle over with 1 tablespoon of oil. I adore broccoli! Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a17f76019be1b98e8b99e6e44c5e8007" );document.getElementById("f72b4ee0b5").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Hi, I'm Emily! Healthier Chicken and Rice Casserole | Kitchn Reduce heat to medium. Healthy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove chicken and place in a large bowl. Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole with Cauliflower - Mess For Less Mix all ingredients (except cheddar cheese) in a large casserole dish (Here's a link to the one we used). I started cooking as a child with my parents and grandparents. Thanks Becky! This sounds perfect! The very best zucchini lasagna you'll ever try! Add the chicken breasts, 1/2 tsp. Bookmarked already. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened, 7 to 10 minutes. This one looks healthier than most, since it leaves out the concentrated cream-of-whatever soup: THANK YOU! 1 large head of broccoli cut into bite-size florets (or buy a large bag of broccoli florets) 3 tablespoons olive oil 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon pepper 3 cloves garlic, minced cup chicken stock (use more if your think your mixture seems dry) 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded (I used a rotisserie chicken!) . I used 3 cups of milk and used almond flour. It usually takes less time to cook than fresh, so check it 5-8 minutes early. So, if youve got some on hand feel free to use it. Spoon the mixture the prepared dish and top with remaining cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Instructions. It will last you a lifetime! Agree with a previous commenter that the lemon and zest is overpowering. Aww I love that! Tag @mariebostwick on Instagram and hashtag it #fiercelymarie I'm so glad you enjoyed it. This Czech recipe has been passed down through our family for generations. We used Greek yogurt, and I think it wouldve been better with the addition of some liquid - maybe chicken stock? I mean, Rice, Chicken, and Broccoli in one dish. In place of the sauted chicken here, you can swap shredded or diced chicken from one of the below methods, or use a store-bought rotisserie chicken. Stir until well combined. Chicken with Rice Casserole greek-recipe-com Thanks for this wonderful spin on a classic comfort food. Healthy Broccoli Casserole Recipe - Life Made Simple baking dish. Did anyone calculate the nutritional facts on this? Unfortunately I felt that the dill and the lemon overpowered all of the flavors of the fresh vegetables in the dish. Healthy Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Casserole - Fully Mediterranean Easy Broccoli Casserole - The Seasoned Mom While the broccoli is steaming, add healthy fat of choice to a saucepan and turn the stovetop to medium-high heat. Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole Recipe - Verywell Fit Or two pans at the same time? [] Best Chicken Casserole Recipes Healthy from Healthy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Pour into prepared pan. I'm going to make it again!! Chicken Broccoli Divan - Nourish Nutrition Blog black pepper and 1/4 tsp. 20 Best Healthy Casserole Recipes - Healthy Casseroles Place broccoli and rice mixture in pan, smoothing it into an even layer. One of my favorite things about this company is that they have been focusing on sustainability and organic practices way before it became popular. Yes, you can use frozen broccoli instead. Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole -Mom On Timeout Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Add a drizzle of olive oil and the chicken, with its marinade, in an even layer and let simmer while the rice par boils (below). It tastes just like the cheesy broccoli rice my mom makes for holidays only, but with significantly less calories! If youre looking for side dishes to serve alongside this casserole, try any of these options. Any reason not to use it in lieu of? Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 15 Healthy Chicken Broccoli Casserole Recipes - Selected Recipes Add the chicken breasts, 1/2 tsp. Thanks Mark! Stir together until mixed completely. Return to boil, add broccoli to the top of the pot, then cover, reduce heat to low, and let cook 5 minutes. Slow Cooker Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole This chicken broccoli rice casserole wins the casserole gold star for its easy prep, ability to be reheated, homey flavor, and undeniably addictive cheesy goodness. So easy, quick and delicious youll make it much more often going forward. Prepare rice according to package directions. Didnt have brown rice so used white. Best brunch idea ever! I must try. Cover and bake for 45 minutes. However, I tested this recipe with both regular and fat-free and found that the casserole made with the regular cream of mushroom soup tasted noticeably better so I went with that. Enjoy iced or you can even enjoy warm during the fall and winter months. e. This cheesy chicken broccoli rice casserole recipe is a healthy version of the classic with no cream-of-anything soup. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and heated through, about 20-22 minutes. Place the chicken into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Transfer to a baking dish, and top with the remaining cheese. The taste is terrible and no substitute for garlic. Add in the broccoli on top of the rice and do not stir. Rather than go with plain broiled or boiled chicken, I opted to cook mine on the stove with a little oil and a lot of Italian seasoning, thyme, and a bit of garlic powder. Instructions. Thanks! It's so easy to make, packed withprotein, loaded with broccoli and full of vibrant herby aromatics. plain Greek yogurt, nonstick cooking spray, shredded Parmesan cheese and 6 more Tandoori Chicken with Cucumber Raita KitchenAid cumin, garlic, mint, cucumber, ginger, chicken, lime, lime juice and 11 more Mix well to coat, then place it in a 2 qt casserole dish; arrange in a single layer to ensure even cooking. Can you make this ahead of time and put in fridge, then pop in the oven the next day? lol Looking forward to trying, yogurt is so versatile, isn't it? Spray an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Stir in milk, bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, or until thick and bubbly. Instructions. I also chose to use brown rice instead of white and low-fat cheese instead of regular, putting in modest amounts of both. Id rate this a 10 & give it a Blue ribbon. We heated it up tonight to eat. Remove from heat. Chicken & Broccoli Casserole - Sugar n' Spice Gals Instead, use yogurt for a lighter yet still wonderfully creamy chicken broccoli rice casserole! In large bowl, combine chicken, broccoli and soup; transfer to a greased 11x7-in. Hi, Im Rena! . Steam broccoli for 3-4 minutes, drain water and set aside. . Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. This casserole recipe is easy to scale up to feed a crowd and to make and freeze ahead (its a favorite meal to give to new mothers among our fries). Transfer the mixture into the dish and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese over the top. 2 c. instant brown rice (if you use white rice or non-instant rice, the cooking time and amount of liquid needed may differ), 1 pound broccoli florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces, 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces, 1 1/2 c. reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided (about 6 ounces, How to make Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. Pour yogurt mixture over broccoli and chicken mixture. a 6. So much flavors packed on this recipe that makes this simply irresistible, definitely having this on my table! Add onion and saut until translucent. A mix of brown rice, quickly sauted chicken, and fresh broccoli, this casserole offers every food group in a single meal. My updated list included pecan pie, cheese straws, hush puppies, and broccoli rice casserole. I love to share and share with love, but I amnota health care practitioner. Broccoli Rice Casserole Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 45 minutes Ingredients 3 cups broccoli florets 1 tablespoon olive oil 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced 1/2 cup diced yellow onion Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika Pour in 2 cups water. Skinny Chicken and Rice Casserole - Yummy Healthy Easy If youve never cooked with them, I seriously suggest you give them a shot! When there is 10-15 minutes left on the slow cooker, cook broccoli. Added to my favorites!. Cheesy Chicken Dump Casserole Recipe | RecipeLion.com I love casseroles.. just because they save time! Microwave the rice according to package directions and set aside. It should last up to 3-4 days. Instead, the smooth, bubbly cheese sauce is made with Greek yogurt and cheddar, just like in this Chicken and Rice Casserole. I (and many other readers) have enjoyed it, so I really wish it wouldve been a hit for you too! So rich and yummy! Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until it smells incredible. Just make sure you drain the veggies and chicken really well before mixing them in. Thank you for this kind review! I'm so glad you were able to make a version that worked for you! It's SOOO yummy and your version looks FAB. Cook for 7-10 minutes while stirring until the texture turns thick. We would love it if you shared it with friends and family. Instructions. Bake for 25 minutes, until broccoli is cooked through. Heat olive oil in a medium-sized skillet or saut pan on medium high heat. Love it! You can find Nancy's Organic Whole Milk Yogurt and other Nancy's products atastore near you by entering your city or zip code into their store locator. Grass-fedCollagen,Desiccated Liver, Coconut Oil, Liver Detox Support, Ancient Minerals + more! , This Looks really interesting, I will try it, But with one Modification, Instead of using Rice that spikes Insulin/blood sugar, I will rice a Cauliflower, and use that instead. Try this amazing recipe. Now, turn the heat to medium. To Make Gluten Free. Healthy Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole | Tasty - Tasty Kitchen You can make it for one and nourish your body throughout the week {or months if frozen}. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until chicken is cooked through. You can find them near the canned vegetables at your local grocer. Stir the milk and flour mixture continuously until thickened and bubbly, 7-10 minutes, then remove the skillet from the heat and add shredded cheddar cheese, light sour cream, plus salt, pepper, and garlic powder.