LOL IM MAD. Im wondering how you balance Lukes tough and charismatic exterior with the vulnerable young person thats just beneath the surface? I get the sense that you, Madison, Charlie, and Jeremy have a strong connection on-screen and off-screen. [That goes] for all of us. Obviously, she crushed it. That's not gonna work. Is he hideous? You're gonna find your way Because of the time restrictions having minors in the cast cause, we decided to finish a substantial amount of the exterior of the interior set so we could stage exterior scenes on stage, saving us a move to the real exterior house, and sparing us from the constant autumn/winter Vancouver rain. it was a weird ass dream but still Now or Never - Julie and the Phantoms Cast. The band plays a party at Julie's house. by 37.4K 170 16 It's not what you lost Who are you, and what are you doing in my mom's studio? 1883 sat down with all four leads to talk about the striking similarities between their on-screen and real-life personalities, how the show promotes Latinx and LGBTQ+ visibility, the process of creating their colorful & very 1990s costumes, as well as why filming scripted scenes with co-stars and supporting actors felt not like acting but instead like living. If I can brighten someones day through a joke or just encouraging them and telling them that theyre awesome and making them smile, then thats the best. No? I'm just telling you what my phone says. So, you can kick us out if you want, but we're not giving up music. In real life just like in the show, you play bass in a band thats composed of three guys. But what was it like working with Kenny? This is the grungy, 1995 garage set. Y-Y-You know that's like 25 years of rust just getting dusted off. And maybe if you'd give yourself a chance, you'll get there. Jeremy: Ironically, I would say, it might have been trickier and more awkward for the people who were acting off of me. Didn't even get a chance to eat. Totally. Face first full charge You guys were the ones on fire. Hopefully, we can get the house on the market and some offers soon. That's been singing in the rain Was it tricky or awkward to film these scenes since you couldnt really play off of anyone? Wake up Street dogs haven't killed us yet. // Been in a couple myself. Theyre teaching us vocals, teaching us guitar, and were still going through [the classes] because were building up these things. For me, I love making other people laugh. Why aren't you answering me? But the craziest outfit I ever got to wear was definitely [for the dance number] I Got the Music. Wake up your dream and make it true , Julie continues singing: Look out, look inside of you In the extreme Alaskan wild, 16 survivalists compete for a chance to win a massive cash prize but these lone wolves must be part of a team to win. Madison: Ive written a few songs [including] a song with Charlie called Perfect Harmony that is featured in the show so thats the biggest thing that Ive written. And even if we hit the ground s01e13 - Lopez vs Second Chances - Lopez vs. Lopez, s19e08 - The Mysteries of Alaska - Ancient Aliens, s04e29 - The Final Chapters (Part One) - Attack on Titan, s03e16 - Call Me Worth the Wait - Call Me Kat, s01e07 - Enemy of the People - Alaska Daily, s01e08 - God of Manmin Who Went to Prison - In the Name of God: A Holy Betrayal, s01e07 - The Man Who Became God of Manmin - In the Name of God: A Holy Betrayal, s01e06 - The Baby Garden of Death - In the Name of God: A Holy Betrayal, s01e05 - The Baby Garden, On the Way to the Heaven - In the Name of God: A Holy Betrayal. I do like how they added more Spanish lines with Julie's family, that was great. Yes. Countdown till we blast open the top No. .css-ze5eiw-SpanViews{-webkit-flex-shrink:0;-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;padding-right:12px;color:rgba(22, 24, 35, .75);}5176 views|.css-15ooo5t-H4Link{font-family:ProximaNova,Arial,Tahoma,PingFangSC,sans-serif;font-weight:400;font-size:14px;line-height:20px;display:inline;color:rgba(22, 24, 35, .75);margin-left:12px;}.css-15ooo5t-H4Link a{color:rgba(22, 24, 35, .75);}. I look back on it now and I love her so very much. With the faithful recreation of the front yard from the exterior house on location, we were able to use this exterior seamlessly with other shots from the actual exterior front yard. But when three ghostly guys appear and lift her spirits, they decide to start a band together! On top of that, Ortega revealed in an interview with Digital Spy that they want to do live performances with the show, saying, "We're hoping that the world will join us. But live it like it's now or never Last night was supposed to be a really big night for us. theres something comforting about knowing exactly what is coming next, exactly what each character will say, and be able to picture and hear them as they do. 77 Likes, TikTok video from Billy (@eclipsegh0st): "#JATPDR amo amo #eclipsegh0st #jatpshifting #julieandthephantoms #shifitingbr #shiftingrealities #desiredreality #foryoupage". We ain't searching for tomorrow Flying Solo 4. When and why did you start playing, and have you had the opportunity to showcase your guitar prowess in any other roles or in a band? There are times you read a script, and its like How is he joke-y one second, and the next minute hes getting all emotional? But I think [in Julie and the Phantoms], they do it in a way that works really well. We will hopefully find out more about Caleb's evil plans, whether the Phantoms can be saved, and Julie's mother's story. Something for everyone interested in hair, makeup, style, and body positivity. julie and the phantoms shifting. Madison works really hard. Probably Nirvana Or maybe Linkin Park. Charlie: I take a lot of inspiration from my brothers and my little sister. Could you just own your awesomeness for once? While all this is happening, "Julie and the Phantoms" also heavily explores Julie's use of music to deal with her grief from losing her mother. Bands from the 90s. Carrie's heart sequin dress on Julie and the Phantoms. That's a gift no musician would ever turn down. Charlie: Have you not danced to High School Musical before?! Wake up Yeah, I'm fine. Face first, full charge . Key scenes were completely omitted, such as Perfect Harmony and Edge of Great. Reggie to me feels like a very genuine, relatable person. Shes real, shes raw, she goes through the same problems that a lot of teenagers go through today which is why shes such a relatable characterWe [also] compare in the passion that we have for our art and for playing the piano and just being kind in general. 'Cause it's all we're after now And it was awesome. The show also hints that Julie's mom might have something to do with why she can see the Phantoms while others can't. Charlie showed up in a cutoff and suspenders, and then I showed up in the pink sweatshirt. We had this month and a half of rehearsals, boot camps, and dance camps. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. I have been crying for 25 years? Countdown till we blast open the top ' . We're actually in a band called Sunset Curve. I went into this knowing that it was a novelization, so basically exactly like the show, right? But at the end of the day, I think everyone is so talented and so good together that the leadership is just [everyone] together. After the passing of her mom, Julie has lost her passion for music and is on the verge of being kicked out of her performing arts high school. But for teen and adult fans, this is a NOoOoOoOo unfortunately. original sound - . I can't even count how many bands have played here and then ended up being huge. The Netflix series "Julie and the Phantoms," based on the Brazilian series "Julie e os Fantasmas," was a smash hit when Season 1 was released in September 2020. But when three ghostly guys appear and lift her spirits, they decide to start a band together! I loved every second of it. I mean, nobody wants to get upset. When we went in for final auditions, Jer showed up in a black leather jacket, a white tank top, jeans, and some Chelsea boots. i love this show and figured it would be fun to read the book to get some more insight on my favorite scenes, but it skipped over almost all of the musical performances and took away from what makes the show so great. 91 Likes, TikTok video from (@bvlledds): "This trend in my Jatp dr <3 #shifting #shifttok #dr #fy #fyp #fypviral #shiftingrealities #julieandtgephantomsdr #julieandthephantoms #fypaaage". You can be a good actress, but if you dont have a good inside, its going to show through the camera. Even if youre going through hard parts of your life or theres a global pandemic, just still be happy, and find things you enjoy and that make you laugh. @95__Cameron This book also promised new scenes that werent in the Netflix show but didnt provide any within the book, it instead left some scenes from the show out! Wake up, wake up if it's all you do This story is intended for people who are waiting to go home to Hogwarts. Fresh out of juvenile detention in Marseille, 17-year-old Zach falls for a young prostitute and soon faces a dire dilemma while working as a pimp. Almost as impressive as your game against Glendale. I like to say hes kind of a golden retriever in human form, but hes real Its fun whenever you get a role that has both [light and serious elements] because usually, its either comedy, comedy, comedy or drama, drama, drama. I love shoes so much, and I told Soyon that. Just watch the television series. I could never hurt an animal. Little did I know that the book actually did the opposite. Owen: Wow! Throughout Season 1 of "Julie and the Phantoms," Luke, Alex, and Reggie, with Julie's help, discover that music has the power to make them more real, allowing others to see and hear them. Julie and the Phantoms is a 2020 Netflix series about Julie Molina (Madison Reyes) a young girl who has recently lost her mother and then discovers 3 ghosts (Charlie Gillespie, Owen Joyner & Jeremy Shada) living in her garage in Los Angeles. Oh, good call. Wake up your dream and make it true , Julie continues singing: Look out, look inside of you Let me know what happened in 1883 if you find out, ok? Its inconsistent, combines dialogue unnecessarily, cuts out/ alters key momentsI just can't do it. I see things here are going better? She received her MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults from the Vermont College of Fine Arts. 'Cause it's part of me If you have a suggestion, say it, and hes gonna value it and hes gonna be like Yeah, lets add it! or hes gonna be like Maybe next time! which is just so beautiful how someone with so much experience compared to us is giving us so much credit and so much room to explore our creativity. "The original audition script for Julie Molina! Jeremy: Thats a great question. I'd come out and be like, 'Hey guys, I'm Madison, I play Julie; I'll be reading with you today, don't be nervous.'. I won't let it cloud my mind Sorry. This is my Harry Potter shifting script. Or me. After being in a coma for 17 years, Takafumi's middle-aged uncle suddenly wakes up speaking an unrecognizable language and wielding magical powers. 121. WRONG. A year after her mom passed away, Julie plays one of her old CDs. Suddenly, three ghosts appear the guys from the '90s band Sunset Curve! i honestly didn't expect much from this book. The grand piano is new, and and and How did she get her stuff in here so fast? Another view of Julies (Madison Reyes) bedroom set. A detail shot of the all girl-ghost-band, bandstand, and rotating stage in the Hollywood Ghost Club. https://1883magazine.com/my-face/ Secure Payments 100% Secure payment with 256-bit SSL Encryption Learn more. This is the stage in his fabled underground speakeasy, The Hollywood Ghost Club, a cool, 1930s-style deco space where the living can mingle with the dead - for a price. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Clearly, you're not understanding Clearly, she doesn't get it. I thought to myself, Hey, I wont get bullied; I can still rock out to some music, but maybe my friends wont make fun of me as much. But of course, I stayed in musicals too at the same time. How does he look? s06e15 - To Protect & to Serve - S.W.A.T. Hopefully, someday we get to do some kind of tour. however please refrain from copying my whole exact script. If you've been following me for a little longer now, you know that I'm one of the few people in the world preferring a book over Netflix. One last question for all of you. From $20.86. We worked on becoming a band, and it was really like how it would be if you were starting out as a band: practicing songs, coming up with material, trying to get it out there So, we already had that click. It did the same with songs, promising new ones but not only not providing new songs but cutting some of the songs from the show in the book! You really have to push through and stay positive. You get to see this season regular who is an African-American girl and has just as many talents as her friend Julie and you get to see this Latin-American girl whos the lead of the show. 807k Followers, 24 Following, 193 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Julie and the Phantoms (@julieandthephantoms) julieandthephantoms. It seems like you really all work together! Madison: When I first met Jadah, all these girls were here coming in for Carrie [Julie and Flynn's nemesis] and Flynn, and we had all these boys coming in for Nick [Carrie's boyfriend]. But when the ghosts of three dreamy musicians from 1995 appear, they reawaken Julie's own inner spirit and create a new band together: Julie and the Phantoms. A view from the living room of Julies (Madison Reyes) house looking toward the front door. Netflix / Executive Producers:Kenny Ortega, Dan Cross, David Hoge. Some of this stuff's in pretty good shape. Oh no. Having a say in what Julie wore was really dope she definitely became me when we finally decided what she was going to be wearing. I have an oldies playlist. Hey, I know being dead isn't our first choice, but, I mean, it sure is easy getting around. Julie has a lot of powerhouse and poignant singing moments. Won't stop climbing 'cause this is our time, yeah I did enjoy the show more just because the scenes were way more developed than they were in the book. While trying to overcome whatever's holding her back, the Julie accidentally summons the ghosts of an old band from 1995. Another view of the green room set backstage at the Orpheum. Are you still here ( Exhales shakily ) .. whatever you are? I love meeting new people so having this big crowd, it felt like we were all just friends doing a cool little at-the-school project and we were getting ready to perform in some cool show. We imagined her mother and father added a small greenhouse to brighten the space and bring in some softness and life. By CookieCutter1. 66 Likes, TikTok video from (@bvlledds): "This trend in my Julie and the phantoms dr <3 #shifttok #shifting #shiftingrealities #thistrendinmydr #fyp #fyp #fy #fy #fypaaage #julieandthephantomsdr #jatpshifting". The guy is an inspiration. We'll still fly It was really interesting to get to know the characters from their point of view. I have a good relationship with some of them now It was definitely a moment that I felt like This is me; Im really out here, really making moves. [laughs] Just having [the extras] there to hype me up was a lot of fun. We hope you enjoy your stay. I hear Pasadena's nice. He landed, he called me and he was like Hey, lets work together; lets work through these scenes, lets work on these lines and he just walked over to my apartment. Let's see how many clubs we can hit before sunrise. You were talking about Flynn, and I love her and Julies loyal bond and all the girl power there. @wednesdaynetflix has truly taken over the world. You can find specific show content by clicking the menu system at the top of the screen. An Independent Rule Breaking Magazine I don't know what it is, but watching television rarely works as well as just reading a story. Fans should keep their fingers crossed that Netflix finally announces a Season 2 renewal soon so they can get going on production. Theres no Julie and the Phantoms without Owen, Jer, or Madison. Im wondering if you can tell me a little bit about your band Make Out Monday, and how your experience in a real-life band informed your on-screen band experience or vice versa? Sorry, I got some pickle juice on your battery cables. Watch popular content from the following creators: madi (billie's version)(@yelena.vfxx), Ivy - lee <3(@pois0n.ivy555), art(@artiemccall), madi (billie's version)(@yelena.vfxx), bri <3(@bri..shifts), Venus (@azkabansfavprisoner), art(@artiemccall), maryyyyyy(@rosebud.shifter), <3(@maxmayfielq), . Discover unique things to do, places to eat, and sights to see in the best destinations around the world with Bring Me! Ummm, thats hard. And Soyon was so lovely and made the process very easy Especially with me being a Latin girl as we get older, a few of our features definitely start to become a little bolder so that was definitely a different experience with getting fitted clothes that I wasnt very used to. We're just three ghosts, and we're really happy to be home. With 2021 coming to an end, I am catching up on some books ive been meaning to read for a while, I got this book around January of last year although I started it I never finished it, so I thought this was the best time to do so. For the longest time, I was like Oh, this is just for girls and then I fell in love with it. I feel like if the writer, editors, etc, had put in the time to immerse themselves in the fandom, they would have seen what the fans love most about the characters, and their favorite lines and moments and what makes it all so special, and they would have chosen to leave all of that in. In the finale, the boys appear to overcome this doomed prediction, and they are finally able to touch each other, interacting with the real world. Micol Ostow. I have as the title says,,, yeah um so um yeah so yeah so um yeah. Julie and the Phantoms Character Names Classic T-Shirt. Ademas no se ve un desarrollo de personajes pero ni ahi. 'Cause it's all we're after now We have group chats with the showrunners and with Kenny and with the band, and I can tell [that] even though it was incredibly, incredibly stressful, we all miss it a lot. Cant relate? Some of the things that she wears are what I wish I could wear on an everyday basis we [made] it street fashion and trendy but very unique and bold and different, and I got to be a sneakerhead which is [also] something I wish I could do. There's a bathroom in the back and a couch that turns into a bed if you still use any of that stuff. Ok, maybe three amiable phantoms didnt haunt your high school days, but thats precisely what happens to Julie, the protagonist in the brand-new Netflix series Julie and the Phantoms. Face first Electric hammer to the heart i am so happy to own this book, and i know that i will read it again and again. As for a possible release date, that's hard to guess. With that in mind, the earliest fans might see a second season of "Julie and the Phantoms" would probably be late 2022 or early 2023. [In terms of similarities with] who Julie is as a person, shes definitely me Were both very unique people who like to voice our opinions and stand out from the crowd. Wake up I think everyone deals with the idea of who they are and the idea of what theyre going through and trying to blend those together And as an actor, I was really, really interested because this character wrote songs to mean something about what hes been through. Jeremy: Honestly, me and the guys would laugh through most of the shoot and were the goofiest people on set. Suddenly, three ghosts appear - the guys from the '90s band Sunset Curve. ( Chuckles awkwardly ) That's me. Over the course of the season, the Phantoms run into some supernatural trouble with Caleb, who gives them a countdown until they will supposedly disappear. ( Exhales sharply ). Est. You'd actually have to talk to him to know that. We got really, really close. Bright 3. It's not what you lost I think thatll resonate with a lot of kids. I LOVE the show, and I LOVE the book. What have you learned from working with Madison? Youre both budding singers and performers who shine on stage, so Im wondering what else you and Julie have in common. Here you go. Organizer. 1000. Clocks move faster Wake Up 2. Last stop I mean I could have just watched the show over again, which I will be doing eventually, but I decided to give the book a try instead. Okay? This is the outside of Julies (Madison Reyes) bedroom on stage. It also includes i. Did I care? So, in the show, Alex identifies as gay which I think is really cool because theres a lack of LGBTQ+ visibility in the media and especially in media geared toward younger audiences. Follow. And then my mom always tried to figure out solutions to my anxiety. Yeah. In the universe of ghosts that inhabit the world of Julie and the Phantoms, the malevolent, old Hollywood ghost Caleb Covington (Cheyenne Jackson) is the wisest and most adept. Countdown till we blast open the top I play bass in the band and I sing co-lead vocals, and then the breakdown was like Reggie is a fun rocker who plays bass and sings and is in a punk rock band from the 90s and I was like Alright, I think I can do this! It was nice having that kind of experience. You look like you've seen a ghost. I remember when Kenny asked her to sing, I was really getting into it because it felt like wed been friends for years. Im annoyed. She started her reign of terror with Egmont with her novel FAMILY, which Elizabeth Burns named a favorite of 2012 on her School Library Journal-syndicated blog, A Chair, a Fireplace, a Tea Cozy. Why can't you guys just be normal ghosts? And its something about playing on the drums, man, something about beating on the drums I stopped playing the drums until I started doing the show, and thats a huge gift from the show because I forgot how much it actually helped me. I added so many unnecessary things and multiple plot lines for extra drama in my DR but who cares. It helps us. And I remember Jadah came in, and I was like Oh my gosh, I know you! She was like I know you too! We just started screaming and it was so funny, and I was like Why are we so loud? As soon as we started reading together it [was] as if we were just two friends kind of hanging out, having a conversation. We hold major institutions accountable and expose wrongdoing. Well, the corner was very, very, very small, and there was not a lot of space, and we were just standing there for like two hours, literally face-to-face One of the takes, we were supposed to cue ourselves to walk in, and Charlie thought it was happening sooner than it was so he pushed Owen into the frame before he was supposed to come in. Julie lost her passion for music when she lost her mom. We chose to build an LA-style Craftsman house because, despite their amazing construction they're . Charlie: [Some scenes were] hard. Well, I'm sorry you had a bad day, but three guys just found out that they had a bad 25 years, and then they found out that the one thing they lived for in the first place they can still do. *cough Luke cough*. Watch popular content from the following creators: Ivy - lee <3(@pois0n.ivy555), artie(@artemismccall), georgia(@wilmqn), desired reality(@amino.info), vicky(@kindashifting) . Shes like a sister to me. Alex wonders why Willie's been acting so weird. Its like, youve got the comedy, youve got the heart, youve got the voice. CURRENTLY BEING RE-WRITTEN. You know they're gonna get married and have a bunch of unholy babies. interviews by Leah Cates Julie rehearses with Nick while daydreaming about Luke. I like TLC, [but] I wouldnt want to break that group because theyre very iconic. Look out, look inside of you I loved so many songs especially "The Other Side of Hollywood", "Finally Free" and "Unsaid Emily". Characters. TikTok video from desired reality (@amino.info): ":) #shifting #shiftingmethods #shiftingrealities #signs #manifestation #sign #affrimations #jatp #julieandthephantoms". https://1883magazine.com/1883-on-rotation-33/ Wake up Too bad we wasted that on the sound check that was the tightest we've ever played! Tomorrow Reality Shift and Repsawn. Okay, look. Look out, look inside of you You cant throw it back to the 90s. And even if we hit the ground . My group's performing at the spirit rally tomorrow. And we were making so much noise. Look out, look inside of you Here's one thing Thats definitely how I look at it. My shifting script to the bnha/mha universe, feel free to use it as an example. This book is as adorable and heartwarming as the nine episodes that literally saved my life and my sanity this winter, and I appreciate the fact that it exists. 1.6K Likes, 31 Comments. To be able to do that with the rest of the cast, it takes a certain amount of trust. First of all, props to Soyon who was the stylist. I mean, you would say one little thing, and she would just improvise off of that and put you in something even cooler. I really want anybody out there to see Julie and be like, no matter what you might look like, what background you come from, where you might start from I started from the bottom you can get there as long as you work hard for it and youre kind.