Definitely eaten more with a spoon, but I remember Koogle sandwiches in my lunch for school. "Sha bop dat wow!". Later, in later 80s I worked at a grocery store, and always kept my eyes open for it. Koogle went to it's grave without me ever getting to find out what it tasted like. kmoran - June 28, 2009 - Report this comment. Also check out the other =Food of the 70s?> pages. They stated they will bring it back. I'm old enough to remember the ads for Koogle. And so, we are left with mere memories of this peanutty spread with the unforgettable flavor whose flame flickered out all too soon. koogle peanut butter: Search Result | eBay I am glad that there are others that remember. Wish I could imitate that flavour. July 17, 2013. i think the character said something like "sha bat dat wah..creamy koogle with the goog-goog-googly eyes. Please bring it back.. it'll catch on this time I bet. Healthy Homemade Banana Peanut Butter Spread - Desserts With Benefits Depending on where you live it was white packaging with black text or yellow packing with black text. I'm emailing Kraft. Sadly, although many people today attest to a former affection for Koogle during their childhood, the product didnt exactly fly off of store shelves. why did they take it off the market? I love koogle peanutbutter spread will you bring back the favors chocolate ; vanilla; banana ? For those of you who like chocolate Koogle, take some Hershey's spread and mix it w/ peanut butter, and it'll be 1974 all over again! Koogle was awesome. Banana was my favorite; so delicious. Peanut butter was a staple in my grandparents house as im sure it was in everyones! I remember this in elementary school. Best ever!!! Ingredients 2 cups Natural Peanut Butter (the drippy kind) 6 tbs Freeze-Dried Banana Powder ** 8 packets Natural Sweetener ( stevia, Truvia, etc.) I want this back. For some unknown reason the memory of what I used to call googley eyes peanut butter crossed my mind and I thought I'd search it. I especially loved it on graham crackers. Rachel, that is too cool, you being in a TV commercial for Koogle. But they said it would not happen. Nutella is nothing at all like Koogle. Thank you for the memories. He spoke in a voice akin to Wolfman Jack and uttered the catchphrase Pea-nutty-koogle with the koo-koo-koogly eyes. Just ate way too much of the chocolate. Koogle Peanut butter Spread Fun Vintage Ad Tee Shirt If I tried it now I would probably gag, but it is one of those lost foods I remember. I did not remember the jingle, but otherwise glad to know I'm not crazy. Loved ot as a kid, not crazy about the cinnamin . If You Grew Up in the '70s, You'll Definitely Remember These Foods I feel the same way .I still hope to see that banana flavored peanut butter. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The only two I bothered with were chocolate (colored dark brown just like chocolate frosting) and banana (colored yellow). ET would have died and gone to heaven! Wondering? Was so sad to never be able to buy it again. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect clip. I would buy it by the case if they would bring it back! WHen I was 10 or 11, I had a paper route and used to stop by the store after collection days & pick it up as a treat. He dropped it on the ground - I dobbed him in for "throwing" it on the ground and the teacher clearly showing my my first lesson in dobbing. WOW! That was good stuff . I have had the Nestle Aero bar,. Luigi terapiccio. Couldnt find anyone who remembers it. This sweetened peanut butter came in four different flavours - chocolate, cinnamon, banana and vanilla. Kraft Foods introduced Koogle in 1971, a sweetened peanut butter spread that was sold in a jar and available in four flavors - chocolate, banana, cinnamon and vanilla. Koogle was a flavored peanut spread marketed by Kraft, introduced in 1971. I loved Koogle when I was young! I lived near Pittsburgh and think I ate it everyday for lunch for two years. This sweetened peanut butter came in four different flavors chocolate, cinnamon, banana and vanilla. And our mom dont remember it either,I would love to know the ingredients so I could make it myself goober grape isnt even as good as that was darn I wish they would bring it back just call it something else. Many of Koogle's TV commercials featured the product's mascot, an oversized puppet costume in the abstract form of a giant jar with spinning eyeballs, frog-like arms and legs, and a \"jive\" voice like that of then-popular radio disc jockey Wolfman Jack. I think cinnamon was the only flavor I didn't really like personally, but loved the chocolate, banana, and vanilla. Koogle was a peanut spread manufactured by Kraft in 1971 that came in four different flavors: chocolate, cinnamon, banana and vanilla. UPTO 50% OFF ON ALL PRODUCTS. It had a unique and smooth texture, which didnt stick to your mouth, possibly due to a higher concentration of oil. yes my grandma always had this at her house. My favorite was banana i can still tast it i wish they would bring it back, Thank you !!! Oh how I wish they would bring that stuff back!! Nite Ize NiteHowl LED Rechargeable Necklace $15.99 $19.99 Free Same-Day Delivery! I remember liking it, but I can't help but wonder if it was the having or the getting that tasted so sweet. Every since i moved to Texas i have told people about this koogle chocolate peanut butter they have told me i am crazy they never heard of it.. I would do anything for a jar of this!! I would beg my mom to buy it for me.. i called it googly eyes..never would have remembered it was Koogle? Breakfast just hasn't been the same in forty years. Submit a link to more information about Koogle Peanut Butter. Subsequent commercials had the mascot explaining the product to children in "jive" talk, or mothers endorsing the product to make it more appealing to mothers so they would be more willing to buy it for their children. Back in the day, Koogle came in four flavors: chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon, and banana.How to make a modern day version of Koogle:For the banana, use banana pudding powder mixed with smooth peanut butter and maybe a little bit of butter as an emulsifier, same with the vanilla and chocolate flavors. I was just looking up Googly Eyes peanut butter - thought maybe I was just something I imagined from my childhood! What about the Bronx, NY CASTLE HILL AVE & BRUCKNER BLVD location??? Koogle - Long Island 70s Kid Koogle comes in vanilla, peanut and strawberry too, but chocolate Kooglesha bop that wow! 40M views 4. Does anyone remember freekies cereal or ralston hot cereal they were awesome too.as a parent I would love for my kids to experience them also. Koogle Koogle was a peanut butter spread marketed by Kraft, first released in the USA in 1971. It had a very unique and smooth texture, which didnt stick to your mouth, possibly due to a higher concentration of oil. Koogle was a flavored Peanut Butter treat from the 70s that came in several flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, Cinnamon, and Banana. Subsequent commercials had the mascot explaining the product to children in \"jive\" talk, or mothers endorsing the product to make it more appealing to mothers so they would be more willing to buy it for their childrenContact us at:rodtv65@gmail.combbv2mllc@gmail.combbv2m-brothersbrooksvision2missionllc.comBe sure to check out our other channels:WIJA - What If? You get transported back to the kitchen you grew up in and can practically see the avocado-green stove, three-hundred pound microwave, and plastic alphabet magnets covering the fridge. ago. Subsequent commercials had the mascot explaining the product to children in \"jive\" talk, or mothers endorsing the product to make it more appealing to mothers so they would be more willing to buy it for their children.The ingredient list for Koogle changed over its lifetime. By the middle of the decade, it was put on the extinct list, sent to the discontinued food graveyard where it resides to this day. Everytime I mention this to other people in my family they look at me like I have 4 heads!!! When I was pregnant with my daughter this is what I graved. Why isn't this still around? Haha!!!! It was delicious! Bring back Koogle - Facebook 1 peanuts, partially hardened vegetable oils, sugar, cocoa processed with alkali, dextrose, salt, nonfat dry milk, artificial flavor.Chocolate: Peanuts, partially hardened vegetable oils, sugar, milk chocolate (with artificial flavor and emulsifier added), chocolate liquor, dextrose, salt, artificial flavor.Cinnamon: U.S. grade no. I also remember the texture being quite smooth, and like the commercial said it wasn't sticky in your mouth like regular peanut butter.Humans were not the only creatures to enjoy Koogle! It's funny to see all the comments here are exactly the same as my feelings that everyone and I am also not alone! This is so funny. If I could have any product back from my childhood it would definitely be Google so I could make myself a Google and banana sandwich..yum!!! Anyway I'm glad i'm not alone in craving this item. I loved the chocolate, I would have my mom make me a sandwich with that and ham, good stuff!! I think Nutella has the market pretty well cornered now on nut spreads, however. Also the 110 kodak camera format. Thank you! YARN | You're from Earth. | Avengers: Infinity War (2018) | Video clips Kraft had a special process to remove some of the strong peanut flavor from the base - that's why banana peanut butter isn't even close. It was awesome. I wish they would make an exception and just bring it back, I do too my husband and I were just talking about it s I googled where I could find it well I got all you guys lol I loved the banana I think it by far exceeds nutella which I think was a way of bringing it back. Wish Kraft would bring it back. I had soooo much of the vanilla flavor - at every opportunity, I'd ask my mom to buy it. I always remember the banana flavor, came in chocolate and vanilla too if I remember correctly. i wish to know and see how many people remember -like and would love to have this flavored peanut butter back on the market for the flavor's was. What a great memory. I have just recently put the question of whether anyone remembered this peanut butter or not on my facebook page! I so wish someone would bring back the cinnamon flavor and banana!!! I knew I wasn't crazy. Rod TV65 "Wow I Remember" - Koogle Peanut Butter Spread google_ad_channel = "9301152533"; #928 Eating foods you loved when you were a kid He also had a jive voice and would dance to a jingle. i think we all demand it back! Do they still make it and if so how can i purchase it? All Rights Reserved. If you were a lover of all things peanut butter-related in the 1970s, chances are good that a product called Koogle captured your attention. Oh my goodnessI thought I was the only one!! I remember running my finger around the ridges on the inside bottom edge of the jar, getting every last bit out of it. My brother was hooked on the chocolate and i remember liking it as well. If I tried it now I would probably gag, but it is one of those lost foods I remember. I ate Koogle all the time. For the traditional dessert or side dish, see, Please help to demonstrate the notability of the topic by citing, Learn how and when to remove these template messages, notability guidelines for products and services, Learn how and when to remove this template message, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Koogle&oldid=1107486814, This page was last edited on 30 August 2022, at 06:59. I was very sad when taken off market. Wishing someday to taste it again. i craved it when i was pregnant with my first son. I havent eaten peanut butter since then I love the vanilla and chocolate and they come out with Nutella Nutella disgusting I want Koogles back please if you want bring it back for you just make me personal Jaws please the main so I can have it I love it Ill buy it all time. Also, banana-flavored peanut butter? The spokes character was indeed, as already described by others, a giant, fuzzy, oval-shaped bodied character, with googly eyes all around his head. 1 peanuts, partially hardened vegetable oils, sugar, cinnamon, dextrose, salt. I know my grandbabies would love it. If you've wondered "Can dogs eat ham?", the answer is no. Bonkers Candy - Bonks You Out! I remember the swirls in the jelly too! My mother balked at the price of Koogle though. Fans have written countless letters to Kraft over the years, practically begging them to make Koogle again, but the company has a strict policy about not bringing back anything theyve discontinued. Mom bought me Vanilla Koogleone was enough to satisfy my curiosity. There was a Grape Flavor Koogle, too! Halloween Pet Shop | PetSmart Press J to jump to the feed. Man I miss Koogle. Examples of ingredient lists include: Many of Koogle's TV commercials featured the product's mascot, an oversized puppet costume in the abstract form of a giant jar with spinning eyeballs, frog-like arms and legs,[5] and a "jive" voice similar to that of then-popular radio disc jockey Wolfman Jack. A peanut spread in flavors like cinnamon, banana, vanilla, and chocolate, Koogle was released by Kraft in 1971 and became an immediate hit among children due to its wacky commercials, which featured an oversized jar-shaped puppet with googly eyes and froglike arms and legs. Examples of ingredient lists include:Chocolate: U.S. grade no. I remember the banana flavored Koogle Butter. I knew it existedI loved the banana one. Lol. I called Googly eyes peanut butter probably what I called it back then. (and I've posted on all 3 pages). It was available in several flavors, including chocolate, cinnamon, vanilla and banana.Many of Koogle's TV commercials featured the product's mascot, an oversized puppet costume in the abstract form of a giant jar with spinning eyeballs, frog-like arms and legs, and a \"jive\" voice similar to that of then-popular radio disc jockey Wolfman Jack. Koogle was made with peanut butter and Nutella is a chocolate spread with hazelnut. My mom bought it for me and my siblings all the time. Wow sure does bring back some great memories! Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect clip. My favorite was strawberry, and chocolate. I decided to look it up to make sure I wasn't making it up today. People look at me funny like I was on a different planet, especially when I'd sing the jingle to them - yes I still remember it well! The chocolate flavor was the best! Good times! Thanks Koogle! Timotei. Stupid phone. Koogle forever! [Speaker 2] And..[Speaker 1] Chocolate, vanilla, banana and cinnamon. I often think about Koogle. Joe Biden's day planner was left on a table at a Washington DC Denny's this week. The Peanut Pals organization, a nonprofit group dedicated to collecting Mr. Peanut and Planters memorabilia, was founded. BTW I was born in 1967. Koogle was a peanut butter spread marketed by Kraft, first released in the USA in 1971. I vaguely remember trying the cinnamon but didnt like it and POOF, it was gone no longer available. I Remember presents Koogle Peanut Butter Spread. Fluffernutters"it takes fluff fluff fluff to make a fluffernutter, marshmallow fluff, and lots of peanut butter!". Everyone thinks I'm crazy this stuff was amazing. My mom would buy this for me and my sistersI thought we were the only ones to ever eat this as a kid because no one outside of our family that I've talked to about it remembers isour favorite was banana. :(, If you eat a handful of Reese's Pieces sprinkled with cinnamon, its very similar. Koogle Peanut butter Spread Fun Vintage Ad Tee Shirt, Download Best WordPress Themes Free Download. The following are links about Koogle Peanut Butter you may find interesting. Glitter Boom Girls Podcast Podcast Republic cinnamon,chocolate,banana,and regular.the commercial went koo koo koogle with the koo koo koogaly eyes. Is it available on obscure websites? I think it was a giant muppet. I grew up with 5 siblings and not one of them remember it. My grandma and me would eat these awesome banana koogle and sliced banana sandwiches after school when I was about 5 years old. A carrot was one of the foods suggested to try Koogle on. ;D Tim Subject: Re: google peanut butter. I still crave the taste of itOh I guess I'm crazy but I'd give 50 dollars for a jar of it. They had a peanut butter and jelly but wasn't koogle it was a elephant with glasses and a captain crunch hat on, I remember. google_ad_width = 120; The banana Koogle kicked ass!I only remember the 4 flavors and definitely not grape. After nearly 50 yrs, this as close as you're gonna get. It was disgusting. Required fields are marked *. At least HE should've remembered it but he and my parents all set I must've dreamed it. Submit a link to more information about Koogle User Stories and Comments It was delicious. Oh I used to love the commercials with the life sized puppet (I was a hardcore Sid and Marty Krofft mark in those days). My Maiden name was Koogle and remember getting teased at school about the goo goo google eyes, aah what a blast from the past. I'm glad other people remember this, too, and I'm not going crazy! It was available in several flavors, including chocolate, cinnamon, vanilla and banana. I make a cinnamon Koogle dupe by mixing natural peanut butter (Peanuts Only) with almost equal parts honey and a thick pinch of cinnamon. Don't remember trying the other flavors though. Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. Man the 70's RULED. I remember the chocolate, banana and cinnamon flavors, but for some reason I thought there was a vanilla. google_ad_height = 600; (according to my dad, mixing peanut butter and jelly is the correct way to make a PB&J). google_color_url = "1F2B9E"; dont Care. Loved it banana was great. 70's Kids Remember Koogle! - YouTube I would set up late a night with our big family Bible reading stories of David and Goliath and other old testament stories while devouring jars of chocolate Google. Out of curiosity, how did you get the part? Nothing But Nostalgia - A Trip Back In Time! The ingredient list for Koogle changed over its lifetime. I'm not crazy, I'm not looney. Ok I found at Walmart the closest thing to Koogle's chocolate peanut butter, it is "Jiff to Go". tsp Salt (to taste) 2 tsp Banana Flavor Instructions In a blender or food processor, add all of the ingredients and grind until smooth and creamy. I was born in '65 and also loved Freakies, Space Food Sticks, Danish-Go-Rounds, Tang, King Vita Man cereal, and soaked up all the Sid and Marty Krofft I could (Sigmund and the Sea Monsters!)! Alas it didn't last long but Mum made us pretend 'Koogle' using chocolate icing & peanut butterI thought she was a wizard. Koogle product was a 70's icon like the 8-track, am wrist watch, yellow arm-banana am radio, Schwinn stingray, hotwheels, big G.I. I have pictures of myself at 6 yrs old ice skating down Burnham Ave,my family homes street,in Roslyn Heights. Now, it's always possible they could have test marketed a Grape flavor in certain areas of the country, that happens all the time (I still can't get anyone to believe they made Ranch Flavored Funyuns in the early 90s, which I believe may have also been a test market thing, and they were real, I remember buying and enjoying them). We were in the Pittsburgh area when we use to buy it. I was a little boy with a big imagination but THIS WAS REAL!!! I loved eating a chocolate Kooglg and marshmallow sandwhich as a kid! google_color_text = "000000"; Koogle was by far superior, no comparison. Why was Koogle peanut butter discontinued? - Answers from $19.99. My family thought I was crazy. I'm so happy I found this site because I thought I was the only one. I remember it SO WELL, and SO wish they would bring it back today. Interesting: Timothy ^Koogle | Jacob ^Koogle | ^Friendster, Parent commenter can toggle ^NSFW or ^delete. Will also delete on comment score of -1 or less. i have tried them all and nothing compares to Koogle. I would use whatever money I had as a kid and run to the store to get it. No one remember this flavored peanut butter but me. if you spread a single slice of bread with butter, peanut butter and nutela, you will effectively re create the taste of chocolate koogle. What are the Physical devices used to construct memories? I could never convince my mom to buy it though. Press J to jump to the feed. I remember my mom bought the chocolate that was my favorite of all time. it is called "chocolate silk" i brought it to . Links for more info The following are links about Koogle you may find interesting. I would buy them if they were still around!! Everyone I've mentioned it to since including my wife says the same and she's my age. I'm sure my arteries are clogged from all of the trans fat that was in this stuff. It came in several different flavors including: chocolate, vanilla and banana. This was good stuff! So memories are still quite strong on Koogle PB. They didn't know what they were missing. google_ad_format = "120x600_as"; A day of infamy. I ahev to laugh as I was wondering if it was still being made - Glad to see I am not the only KOOK for good stuff - I miss that someone should re-market the flavors for us 40 somethings!