They made a foolish, HUGE mistake and pushed aside the Mercy Seat. There are actually four different men named Obed Edom in scripture. As the story continues, David was in great fear and would not dare at this time take the Ark of the Covenant to the City of David, but orders it instead to the House of Obed-Edom, a Levite living in Gath, which is why he was called a Gittite. Lets pause for a moment to know more about the Ark and understand how it was designated to be carried. The other two include a gatekeeper (1 Chronicles 26:8), and a guardian of the sacred vessels (2 Chronicles 25:24). Firstly, there is no apparent evidence that Obed Edom was appointed the gatekeeper because of his experience with the Ark. Not only that, but chayil is also a picture of wealth. They will deliver the message of Grace, the pure gospel, to the previous generations, bringing about the death of the legalism and mixture of Law and Grace with which they have been beating the people, depicted by the surfeited and obese high priest, old Eli. We can connect easily there. Among all the furniture in the tabernacle, the ark of the covenant is the clearest representation of the person of Jesus and His presence. What is impossible with man is possible with God (Luke 18:27). One of the meanings of the name Obed-Edom is worshipper. That is why God ordained for the law to be put under the mercy seat inside the ark and for the blood of the animal sacrifice to be applied on the mercy seat, covering the symbols of mans sin underneath it. You did things His way..or else. Yikes!!! These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness Revelation 3:14 NKJV. I have written many posts on Mark 5:25-34 . 132:14), and spoke of His love for that place (Ps. Woooooow. Thanks so much!! But Gods people should have known betterthey should have known to honor the Lord by carrying the ark on their shoulders instead of moving it on the oxen cart. While David was a man after Gods own heart, with sincere motives, he failed to seek the Lord or follow His direction. Appointed to Minister Before the Ark of the Covenant. 4 And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab, whichwason the hill, accompanying the ark of God; and Ahio went before the ark. Am glad I saw this I was actually upset why uzzah had to die.but now I understand..we must give God his reverence.and over familiarity with God can cause us to sin against God .thanks and God bless. That, Church, is the secret of Obed Edom: The servant of the Blood. What is the secret of his amazing success? I want to tell you a fascinating story. We are justified and sanctified by His blood alone (Rom. This is the missing piece in the Church today. ]"), the name of two biblical figures. I want to ask a question sir. Thanks for the good work on good news. Oh, no! 1 Chron. These are notes on the sermon, People talking about Gods blessings in your life is another way of spreading the good news so that others will be drawn to the God you serve. Notice that everywhere Jesus went, sinners who touched Jesus were miraculously healed. ; "the servant of *Adam [the deity? Just like the Ark in our story, He also cannot be captured. He let them take Him away to be tried, (railroaded?), sentenced, and crucified. You can claim this same promise, for all the promises of God are yes and amen (2 Cor. Rather, Obed-Edom is brought to Jerusalem, along with the ark, to serve as a gatekeeper and to minister before the ark along with his brothers (1 Chron. 12:13). In this year of Rest and Acceleration, God wants to accelerate His restoration in your family life. Every 6 paces is a picture of having communion every 7th day; in other words every week, corporately,plus people making use of communion in their daily lives. If Obed Edom was really a Philistine living in Gath, this would make the episode in 2 Sam 6:10-12 incredible. I was a freshly Holy Spirit filled believer coming out of a baptimethadist background filling in at a Pentecostal church. Open your lives. Thanks for your response! And the LORD blessed the household of Obed-edom and all that he had." (1 Chronicles 13:14). Obed Edom and his 68 associates (Descendants, see Ch26) ministered with Asaph before the Lord and also were gate keepers. Well, God broke out against them. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Huanyangelina: Getting into a Relationship, Skillsfuture 3 Real Significances to Christians Today, Misinterpreted Bible Verses: 4 Common Mistakes That You Absolutely Need to Note. It really depends on which view one takes with regard to the word Giddite. This will influence how we understand the name from the data points. B.C. Many times in the Bible, we read about Jesus being in the midst of people (Matt. See Jesus in all the scriptures concerning Himself. True fear of the Lord is having a desire to please someone whom we know loves us. He is holy and just, and we must approach Him in recognition of His holiness! Thats a whole lot of sacrifices and shedding of blood! Our story really begins several years earlier when Hophni and Phinehas, the wicked sons of Eli, believed that taking the Ark of the Covenant with them into battle would protect them from the Philistines as told to us in I Samuel 4. If you insist, however, Hell letyou do it your way. And the LORD blessed Obed-Edom and all his household.2 Samuel 6:11 NKJV. You see, its not enough to praise, worship the Lord, and have Church. Obed-Edom son of Jeduthun, and also Hosah, were gatekeepers. Lets look at the meaning of Obed-Edoms name: Obed-Edom was a man who understood the importance of the blood on the mercy seat. lessons within the text as we consider: The Obedience of Obed-edom. 2. In the last days, the two family sticks will be joined into one! Though He suffered much because of His wounds, however, they didnt bring about His death. They were singing songs of praise and worship. But he expects us to learn and grow, not remain a babe. I want to thank you for this amazing insight. They could tell by all hisMATERIAL BLESSINGS.Cant see blessings that are only spiritual, can you? ]#"M f%w&H. . DAVID . As long as Jesus is there making intercession for us, we get to enjoy the blessings that He deserves. Joseph Prince, Introduction: Say yes and amen to all of Gods promises, Give Jesus center place in your family relationships and see restoration abound, Follow Gods ways and see His blessings and favor follow after you, It is by grace, not by effort, that you receive breakthroughs and win in life, Rest in the Lords love for you and depend on His supply for everything you need, The secret of Obed-Edoms family blessings: valuing the blood of Jesus, Value the person of Jesus and His finished work, and see Gods abundant blessings come upon your entire household, Edom comes from the root word dam, which means blood (thats why the name Adam means red-blooded man). Join Daniel King to learn how the remarkable story of a little-known Bible hero contains the key to releasing God's favor on you and your family. In all the ways you can, you should do that . Its not on a cart like in his last time. The account in 1 Chronicles is much more detailed. But maybe he missed Bible study that week when he marched off to Kirjath Jearim. In other words, he and . He acknowledged God's presence and he was blessed. The ark represented the presence of God. But..he returned with priests properly consecrated and educated on how to carry the Ark of God: On their shoulders. I am amazed and humbled! They were rejoicing, happy and praising God. On Davidsfirst attempt,he put the Ark on a new oxcart. David Leaves the Ark of the Covenant With. he sacrificed oxen and fatted sheep For the first time in the journey of bringing the ark to Jerusalem, David sacrificed oxen and sheep. You can say he is a minor character who made a major impact in the Bible. Why would the priests need Gods help to carry the Ark? As we consider the passage before us, it is important to remember that the ark of God represented His power and presence to the nation of Israel. Each letter is a picture of something. Once the Ark of the Covenant was recovered, it was taken to the House of Abinadab and stayed there until David became king. . 16:4-6, 37-38). From this, I made several observations. Elimelech, a man of Bethlehem, and his wife, Naomi, and. 11:2526), He was showing us the importance of valuing His blood. Let us follow after Gods ways, and we will see His blessings and favor follow after us. Obed-Edom by his faith, attitude, and actions created a legacy of faith, and relationship with the Lord. But not just any music. In contrast, when the angel Gabriel appeared to Zacharias and prophesied that his wife, Elizabeth, would bear a child, he did not believe Gabriels words and became mute till the birth of their child (Luke 1:20). Many Christians today are of the opinion that having more praise and worship is the key to revival. No, Noah was responsible to BUILD the ark. All self effort gone Jesus I depend on you alone for everything. When it comes to putting Jesus at the center of our parenting, we do this by putting our faith in the Lord instead of trying to change our children with the law. Again, there is a typology here. This teaching was an answer to prayer for me on both topics. God was pleased and He blessed Obed-Edom. They then bound His hands and lead Him away. Gold in the Bible typifies Divinity. An example of how we trust in our own strength is by trying to keep the law to earn Gods blessings, to achieve our breakthroughs, or to overcome sinful habits. It was further mentioned that Obed Edom was the son of Jeduthun, who was one of Levite musicians appointed to minister to Gods presence. This demonstrates that David this time around had a greater revelation and appreciation of the blood of Jesus. Hello you really try, well done, but there is confusion on obed edom that u mentioned is gentiles because one of the account said from gatite,but what of the one that Bible call a gatekeeper, musician, and his son was also dookeeper, can you simply find the main truth about them very well, because ordinary person can not stand in the front of ark of God. For all the promises of God you read in the Old or New Testament, you claim them by faith by saying, Amen!, In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches (perez) thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old. Amos 9:11 KJV, breaches (perez) The word perez in Hebrew means breach.. Try, Slow Down, Big Fellawhat A Motorcyclist Taught Me About Preaching, Spit-Shine Tomorrow's Sermon Before You Go To Bed Tonight. 5:22). What a song service time! I am happy you found the material helpful in your study of the Word. It is likely that while the ark was in his house, he gave burnt offerings to the Lord, and the Lord blessed Obed-Edom so that he could give more burnt offerings unto Him. Let the blessings that were on Obed-Edom and his household be upon you and your houses, upon your families, upon your little ones. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me (1 Cor. The ark of God remained with the family of Obed-Edom in his house three months. Accompanied by all Israel, with much pomp and circumstance, David arrived at the house of Abinadab to collect the Ark. Blessings! This seems to invalidate some of the observations the preacher made. I am studying Davids tent and worship but also your News Flash was a confirmation for me on where the Lord has been leading me in regard to all the talk on hypergrace and greasy grace. Scripture: 2 Samuel 6:10-12 Denomination: Baptist Summary: Obedience and faith are essential to our Christian lives and witness before others. If there is strife or a breakdown in your marriage, God doesnt want you to recover your marriage by trying to be nice or loving, for your human effort is limited and only produces the opposite results you desire. 16:38). Already he started out differently. God had ordained that the ark was to be moved in a very specific manner. The Philistines had captured the Ark in a battle against Israel some years prior. This year, the Lord promises to repair all the perez (breaches) in your life. Where did he get the idea to put it on an ox cart in the first place? Others are hidden in the Hebrew Language itself. 4:22)! Have a blessed day! No longer then are we worshipping out of a sense of duty or the wrong kind of the fear of God. God's reward flowed onto his family and allowed him access to generational blessings. Thank you for a grace filled message of love and forgiveness and surely I repentant without the word repentance being mentioned! In Acts 15, during the time of the early church when the first Gentiles were saved, the Jewish believers gathered to discuss whether they needed to keep the law of Moses now that they were saved. Vs. 11-12David called for Zadok and Abiathar the priests, and for the Levites: for Uriel, Asaiah, Joel, Shemaiah, Eliel, and Amminadab. Wow! Communion, instead of being a remembrance of Jesus and what He did for us, becomes a remembrance of their sins, which have ALL been put away! Amen. God will never be used as a superstitious good luck charm to overcompensate for the evil lives of those who attempt such a folly. as you know, He was struck dead. He's that guy who lived along the route that David traveled when he was bringing the Ark back to Jerusalem from the house of a priest named, Abinadab. Comparing The Two Attempts To Return The Ark. He also prepared a place for the Ark. Sin will not have dominion over you. And I am married to my pretty wife Angelina. If this obededom had been a jew, what would have been diferent in the typological perspective of this account? David came to Abinadabs house to take the Ark to the Hill of Zion. Read The Fine Print: The Story Of David Part 9. The special box of the Lord stayed in the house of Obed-edom the Gittite for three months. Restoration of broken things starts when you put Him back at the center. Here we discover the attitude of fear that gripped David as they moved the ark to Jerusalem. Am blessed by your write-up, how can I contact you please. Remember who else hailed from Gath? Itallows the cursesto operate in the lives ofbelieversif they are trying to keep the law in order to be acceptable to God, which is righteousness by works. He put it on his own new ox cart, and started off with his impressive entourage. 15:56). The ark of God remained with the family of Obed-Edom in his house three months. 22:18). This is what David did after he took the ark from Obed-Edoms house: And so it was, when those bearing the ark of the LORD had gone six paces, that he sacrificed oxen and fatted sheep. 2 Samuel 6:13 NKJV. We're not sure who Obed-edom was. A simple survey of the occurrences of the name in the Old Testament yields a question: whether the Obed Edom mentioned in 2 Sam 6:10-12 and 1 Chronicles 13:13-14 are the same as the one mentioned in the later passages. Its not that the Israelites werent sincere, but they didnt realize how sinful they were in their flesh. It is the story of a man named Obed-Edom. Needless to say, God was greatly displeased! God, as you know,loves to hide truths in the meanings of the names of people, places, even things in the Hebrew language and letters throughout the Bible. Lol this story wrecked me when I found out all the details because it spoke to my situation. Obed-Edom named each of his sons in honor of God's blessing on his household. OBED-DOM. The Beauty and Character of Queen Vashti. . all that he had . While David had noble and right ambitions, the moving of the ark met great tragedy and experienced delay. Numbers 4:15 says, And when Aaron and his sons have made an end of covering the sanctuary, and all the vessels of the sanctuary, as the camp is to set forward; after that, the sons of Kohath shall come to bear it: but they shall not touch any holy thing, lest they die. And we know that where Jesus is, there is life (1 John 5:12)!