Stream all of the messages from last weeks 2021 National Conference for free on Ligonier.org, the Ligonier app, and YouTube. How is this what you are doing??? You can read it in the previous story here. The Ligonier Conference 2021was titled Right Now Counts Forever. I wonder how Phil and Justin are gonna spin this? ), Progressive Govt. But nothing, not even a public apology. 3) I am disgusted by Phil Johnsons description of Julie Roys and her reporting. Tom, I hope this doesnt seem like piling on, since youve already gotten a number of replies to your comment. Spanning the scope of salvation from election to future glory, the first chapter of Ephesians re There is no end to the blessings that are ours in Jesus Christ. If Julie Roys found out about them, yikes. CLARIFICATION: MacArthurs cancellation is apparently not due to his own illness. JUST STRAIGHT NEWS. Its been readily apparent for many years that MacArthur is sick and should not be speaking anywhere that values truth, integrity, and godly character. Have you read the affidavit of another pastor who heard the tapes of these counseling sessions and verified Eileens account? Right Now Counts Forever 2021 National Conference by Various Teachers | Ligonier Ministries If you are nothing more than a cosmic accident, your life doesn't matter. I do not have any other details and would encourage you to reach out to Dr. MacArthurs office. And bigger picture, how many in authority operate. When the NT was written and the rules of how to handle things via the church, there were no law enforcement agencys. There wasnt just one incident of acting horrible and then it was over. We see this is the third article this month youve found worth reading. It didnt convict me John MacArthur did that all in his own so very sad. [38:30 40:30], Q8 and 9. The church discipline was the result of David Greys successful manipulation of well intentioned God fearing men at Grace. An elder must be above reproach. Unfortunately w Steve Lawson so entrenched in both MacArthur and Ligonier ministries I have to break from both. 27. I will try to write this as gently and respectfully as I can. And they will also seek to obey the Lords commands and seek to flee from sin. This is devasting to me. You are blessed to expose the charlatans of the church like MacArthur. He seemed proud of his involvement in civil rights. You can literally walk in the footsteps of our heroes of the past, of Luther, of Calvin, of Jonathan Edwards. When a mainstay at a conference suddenly pulls out of the conference in the wake of controversy, yes, that is newsworthy, especially when the person is a celebrity. The cancellation comes after revelations that MacArthur had apparently promoted a convicted child abuser and shamed the abuser's wife. I am convinced that the problem we have is two fold: 1. John, Phil and the likes all presume to be teachers. Certainly, we have all done awful things we wouldnt want being brought out into the public eye. Q4. These Elders need to repent, seek forgiveness and exonerate this dear woman her children. In a statement released by Ligonier Ministries on Monday, the organization said the younger Sproul was removing himself from ministry for "personal reasons" but made no mention of his arrest. The Roys Report reached out to MacArthur for comment but did not immediately hear back. (Screengrab from MacArthur speaking at 2021 Ligonier conference.) John macarthur does not understand the difference between a believer and a disciple , nor the difference between justification and sanctification. Join us on November 1213, 2021, for our conference in Detroit. As you seem so keen for Christians to hold one another accountable, why didnt GCC hold criminal abuser David Grays accountable? So, generally speaking, this is what Ive come to expect from this site. It is the reason I support them. Great! [0 7m]. Nor is all of the facts presented in the original report. John MacArthur has pulled out of the Ligonier 2022 Conference. So many times people want to believe they know the,situation. [21m 38:30], Q7. "Since I did not have a local church during the lockdown, it was tough to grow spiritually, but I continued to grow in my faith because of Ligonier's articles, videos, and podcasts. You do know that John MacArthur is in his 80s. If the NT was written today Im sure it would include that pedophiles and wife/child abusers and thieves should be handed over to law enforcement. I hope he will acknowledge his wrong and sin. We have transgender, LGBTQ, straight, single, married, divorced and cohabitating people. Opinion: John MacArthurs Church Let Her Down. David Grey continued from jail to manipulate others in Grace Community Church to his benefit despite his criminal conviction. I am praying for the new leadership of Grace Community Church to stop fueling hate against women and other brethren. To donate, click here. You may as well say to a Christian policeman that he cant arrest anyone, in case the suspect turns out that they are Christian or claims to be. Staff members Steve Bootsma (Executive Director) and Russ Roozeboom (Marketing and Promotions Coordinator) traveled to Orlando, Florida to represent the Cadets ministry, plant seeds, and make connections that will help Cadets grow. If you do not have time to hear the entire 48 minute video, then I highly recommend hearing Q6 How would you counsel someone who struggles with unbelief / doubt [who lacks assurance]? Jesus is Lord. Your gift now at year's end will enable Ligonier to continue this outreach into 2022 and beyond. Who Will Pay for the SBCs Abuse Reforms Over the Long Term? What is the Westminster Confession of Faith? Join us on November 12-13, 2021, for our conference in Detroit as we plumb the depths of divine mercy in Ephesians 1 together. Christians will not find strength to face the challenges of today by looking to novel ideas Rather than a mere relic of the past, the Reformation is our future. Reply. The GCC Elders are arrogant and cant see arrogance in others David Gray. All staff will receive a stipend for training weeks and then a weekly rate determined by their position and experience. It is not fair to assume that we know that for sure at this time. God bless you Julie, for exposing John Maccarthurs hippocrisy. Hi. 13:8). It has NO PLACE in the church or anywhere else. The Calvinist Cadet Corps was present as an exhibitor at the 2021 Ligonier Ministries National Conference, March 18-20. The Roys Report is doing a unique and vital work exposing sin and lack of accountability in religious gatherings. Keep in touch with Julie and get updates in your inbox! Have you read the hand written confession David Gray gave to GCC? It sends out mixed messages. ! argument, there would be no justice. Grace is the higher law here, especially amongst believers. Because John MacArthur is a Pastor, Teacher, Expositor, he is absolutely MORE accountable than anyone to give an explanation/apology especially on the magnitude of this issue with the Grays and what he did to Eileen Gray specifically. I agree we are all sinners and I agree I would not want my past exposed. The Bible wouldnt lay out the qualifications for preaching if it were not that important. To assume he is simply offering an excuse is jumping to conclusions and is not fair. Is this man so far above everyone that he must be protected and given such a level of loyalty that he cannot be perceived as even being capable of making a mistake? Coddling a convicted wife and child abuser is beyond words. He lumps everything together into one gospel called lordship salvation and tells you, if you havent laid down your life to christ and you still have sin in your life, then you should question your salvation. Unless they presume to be sinless, why wouldnt they simply humbly graciously admit to the wrong they did and ask for forgiveness ? Our Lord Jesus Christ will have the last word concerning this matter. Any public rebuke was done in front of believers and were written to believers. Neither the church nor MacArthur has responded. **1 Cor 6:6 But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers! If we all used the hey, we all sin! Our 2021 Winter Conference, commemorating the fiftieth anniversary of Ligonier Ministries, will celebrate Dr. Sproul's life and legacy, examining the central themes he proclaimed as he strove to help every Christian become a better theologian. 1) I was shocked the wife tried to formally withdraw from Grace To You church in writing they said they literally would not let her withdraw. Lets stop the apologist nonsense for this behavior. It is the last week to save with the early-bird rate, so secure your. You can also keep these digital messages forever by purchasing the conference collection from the Ligonier store. Since no one else shares the same title of Pastor/ Teacher as John there, it is prudent to conclude that John MacArthur is without equal at GCC and functions as the de facto senior pastor. No One Knows. The more you study your Bible, the more you will come to appreciate such pastors. To his own master he stands or falls. Sproul Trusting God The Westminster Shorter Catechism with Sinclair Ferguson Question & Answer 95 Valley Of Vision The Personal Touch Ask RC Church and the Culture Show Me Your Glory Learn More Music Shes not acting as a church member, she acting as an investigative journalist doing a paid job from a secular standpoint looking at what goes on in the church. If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. On September 18, 2021, Ligonier Ministries and RBC hosted Always Ready, a one-day apologetics youth conference to provide an overview of key issues in apologetics and give answers to some of the most common attacks on the Christian faith. Perhaps your assumption that he canceled because of your article, is just a way for you to puff up your ego and draw attention to yourself. Now, he dissuades any such discussions. Announcing Our 2021 Conference in Detroit There is no end to the blessings that are ours in Jesus Christ. Since part of the abuse of this woman included public humiliation by MacArthur, is it unreasonable to expect him to take to the pulpit and express his remorse, if he has any? His inability to admit he was wrong and reach out to the victims in this case should rightfully be called out.. #ligcon See less Comments MacArthur CLEARLY verbally attacked the people protesting the nazis at Charlottesville but totally mitigated and exonerated the nazis and alt right white nationalists who murdered Heather Hyer. I really dont know the whole story and neither do you! Nice try Tom. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. National Conference Sep 21-23, 2023 Atlanta, GA General Registration The Sovereignty of God God is sovereign over all. We want to plant seeds everywhere we can. You will meet these figures in ways you have never met them before. Others had been Cadets or counselors themselves at some point and were happy to become reacquainted. The real gospel says its not about what we do for christ, its about what he did for us. May God bless all his children as we all seek his face! Now She is Standing in the Gap for Women. Yes, I understand the point. Sproul took a plea deal in that case which allowed him to avoid prison. It seems that you do. Over the course of the conference, Steve and Russ were able to talk to many people about the Cadets ministry. How in the world would she do that if she is not a member of GCC? Guilty by association. He is human. (Brad Schoolfield) Recently, news broke that Ligonier Ministries scheduled their 2022 National Conference at First Baptist Orlando, which concludes this weekend. It means that these believers use The Bible to align with their views and prejudices, which takes precedence; they dont deny themselves to follow Christ. Hence, MacArthur and all his elders are accountable to the judgment in the Lord. [10] But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. As a reminder. He admitted to often being nude with his daughter. Thats why these thing matter in his case. Well how can MacArthur justices crazy remarks after Charlottesville ?? To pretty much assume that it is an excuse may well be jumping to false conclusions. The answers to Q6 occurred from the 21 minute mark to 38:30. The Ligonier Conference 2021 was titled Right Now Counts Forever. Ephesians 5:11-13 says Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. Prison. Quit picking on these guys! I understand this is an extreme example, but hopefully you see the problem here. Relay Worship Conference Bowling Green, Kentucky February 18, 2023 Relay Worship Conference Worship Northwest Keizer, Oregon February 23 - 25, 2023 Worship Northwest Angeles Worship Summit Azusa, California February 25, 2023 Angeles Worship Summit Prophetic Worship Summit Austin, Texas March 3 - 5, 2023 Prophetic Worship Summit Are we so deceived by men that we find it impossible for John to need to be in need of correction? Give a gift of $30 or more to The Roys Report this month, and you will receive Escaping the Maze of Spiritual Abuse by Dr. Lisa Oakley and Justin Humphreys. Toward that end, the site requires that people use their full name when commenting. Say something I dont agree with spirituality, sure lets go to the elders. 27. This article was shared on Facebook 1.1K times, so clearly many agree with its newsworthiness. John has always followed scripture with law & gospel. Friday evening, Ligonier Ministries responded to a request for comment, saying: Thank you for your inquiry. I know this from personal experience. Gather with others around God's truth in person and online. Give a gift of $30 or more to The Roys Report this month, and you will receive Escaping the Maze of Spiritual Abuse by Dr. Lisa Oakley and Justin Humphreys. Im not a follower of JM, but Im also not one to creat news where there is no news. He revered medical professionals who helped he and his family during their life -threatening emergencies. John MacArthur, however, is a constant at the top of both groups. Whatever Elders do at GCC, it is somehow distinct from Leadership. Yeah Julie. August 2021 View Issue The History of Ligonier Ministries by Stephen J. Nichols Last Things Etched on a granite memorial in Point State Park in Pittsburgh are the words "A Place of International Consequence." This place, Three Rivers, played a pivotal role in the Colonial era. Go ahead and say that you are going to stand by John MacArthur regardless of what he has done. The conference theme was Right Now Counts Forever. Attendees were often reminded that God is at work in everything, including the current moment, so that what we do in the present matters forever. All your examples in The case for Christian investigative reporting are always in the context of the church. I really dont know the whole story and neither do you! In the 1 minute video below, you will get a sense of the Ligonier conference and of the speakers who answered the following questions: I linked the Q&A video of this post below, while you watch it, you should see other videos of the conference nearby. The result is that they become Satans buddies, by being in and of the world to the point that they believe whatever they want to believe, distorting Christs character, which might well be known to them rather than being ignorant of it, and they develop a denial based cult like mentality, which becomes pride-filled, disrespectful of the law, macho and deeply conservative above and beyond being Christlike. Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.James 3:1. MacArthur, whos been a mainstay at the conference for decades, was slated to speak at Ligonier 2022, March 2426 in Orlando, Florida. I do know that our Lord said The gates of hell shall not prevail against the Church Pray for this Godly man and the future of this vital ministry.James in WA ST. Amen and amen! Not before an unbelieving world 20 yrs later. So unless youre one of the victims you dont have anything tosay that would be factual about the case. June 28, 2021 at 6:51 pm. Dr. MacArthur informed us this week that he will be unable to join us for next weeks conference. Be among the first to get R.C. B/c something is reported or judged, doesnt mean its fact. The Christian character and witness of Pastor John Macarthur is well known. Is the doctrine of election a primary doctrine? Ive done things Im not proud of, but most people dont have the power, celebrity, influence, and even adoration that John MacArthur has. I think of Matt 11, where Jesus rebukes cities taught the truth but didnt repent, telling them that they will suffer the wrath of God far worse than those who were wantonly sinful but untaught the Truth, because if they had known the truth they would have repented. So, Im assuming he really isnt well, and it seems cynical to think otherwise. 16:13). Your joys, pains, sacrifices, and triumphs last for a moment before disappearing forev If you are nothing more than a cosmic accident, your life doesn't matter. Ligonier Conference Series with J. Ligon Duncan The Invisible Church Discovering Deuteronomy Learn More Renewing Your Mind Minute with R.C. YOU, I have been looking for MacArthurs repentance? Jesus made the pattern very clear. We urge you to sign upto receive our FREE need to read articles. Cynthia Wright. The world around us is constantly changing, yet Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever (Heb. That church is absolutely egregious on covering up a sexual predator, but the Lord will tell you that you should never help that wicked. Nor should you try to tarnish anyone whitout facts. In the Greek-speaking world in which this was communicated, elder was universally understood as being a man at least 60 years old. They are clueless about how the Criminal Justice Process works. Sproul, and considered the calling of every . How can one grow in the fear of God and decrease in the fear of man? We are encouraged by scripture to believe the best, to assume someone is telling the truth unless its proven otherwise. Togeth. On Monday, January 18, we hosted our 2021 Winter Conference, Everyone's a Theologian, at Saint Andrew's Chapel and on the RBC campus in Central Florida. Churches are to be pastored by the group of co-equal, older men (elders) of a church who meet the qualifications of bishop, 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9. Now we have law enforcement to handle the criminal elements. However, we then discovered a post on Facebook post indicating MacArthur was cancelling a speaking engagement at Calvary Baptist Church in Dothan, Alabama, due to health issues. You believe that the charges against Ravi Zacharias were petty and his victims hate God? No. Thats why churches must prayerfully and carefully seek to have and maintain a regenerate membership. While Im great full for GTYs ministry in past years I question what was going on then that none of us knew. Since the Lord does not change in turbulent times, we must live courageously and without compromise for His eternal truth.} John Mac Arthur is a great expositor but he failed at being a good Pastor in this case. Virtually every church (fundamental churches, evangelical churches, or liberal gatherings calling themselves churches, as well as synagogues and cults) handle child abuse allegations the pretty much the same way. ; Dan Bonville. I am appalled at this attack and my heart is saddened that so many open the door wide for anything that takes our eyes off of Him and let the devil try to soil a good man and his ministry. Id hardly call what MacArthur did to Eileen Grays to be an act of kindness and service. Ligonier Pittsburgh Conference 2021 - Highlights - YouTube 0:00 / 3:19 Ligonier Pittsburgh Conference 2021 - Highlights 3,341 views Oct 4, 2021 230 Dislike Share Save Kuiper Belt. Precisely. The Roys Report seeks to foster thoughtful and respectful dialogue. The difference is I can ask for forgiveness and repent of my ways. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. If they did they would see how errant their idiotic stance of David Grays innocence really is and see him for what he is: a cold hearted serious criminal who deserves to be where he is right now. In the process, may exposed charlatans move on to another grift in shame and dishonor. I believe this has nothing to do with the above mentioned ministries rather than the Church of Jesus Christ being directly attacked by those who hate God, hate truth, hate the Gospel and know that the ideas of the Judeo Christian world view stands alone preventing the evil one from destroying the The true Church of Jesus Christ and the salvation of many. Julies reporting is biblically sound. Lone-pastor/senior-pastors surrounded by subordinates are less likely to receive guidance like what is offered now before the blunder is made and the damage is done. A person who is saved by faith in Jesus will display the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, etc. on Q&A from Ligonier Conference 2021, Right Now Counts Forever, Day 3, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Man-Centered spirituality (modern false gospel, etc. When the Bible was written all people had was the church. It is not to be handled by elders in private and a decision abruptly announced by the lone pastor/teacher. Interested in joining the Ligonier team? It is kind of like a baby with a pacifierJM tickles the ears of these work horses. The child molester has learned the language and the customs of the church and has figured out the logic and the value system and theology of the elders. / Socialism / Communism, Satan; Slanderer; Devil; Liar; Serpent; Dragon, Covenant Theology Overview by Pastor Patrick Hines [Salvation and Eschatology, Part 7, Conclusion], Covenant Theology Overview by Pastor Patrick Hines [Salvation and Eschatology, Part 7, Conclusion] sheeplywolves. Sproul's new book. Tom Gardiana The way the David Gray case was handled and is currently being handled indicates there has been no repentance. That is totally taking scripture out of context. These mega churches do not function biblically because its too cumbersome. Only the blood of Jesus can do this and it is received freely as a gift by his grace to those who believe. Your tax-deductible gift helps our journalists report the truth and hold Christian leaders and organizations accountable. All these gotcha websites, some of it is good and healthy, but some of it is just digging and digging. COUNSELOR LOGIN | U.S. STORE | CANADA STORE. During this eight-day study cruise, Ligonier Teaching Fellows Drs. John MacArthur doesnt owe anyone an explanation of what or why he decides what is best for him and his family as well as what is best for his church family.