Bilge Pumps, Shop I have gear oil leaking between the transom and housing. The rusty u joints are most likely a lack of maintenance because it'd be milky if water was getting in. Then filled the rest of the reservoir after some was pumped in from below. This page was generated at 08:27 AM. Acessories, Fish Cleaning I have a question on my mercruiser outdrive gear oil that MerCruiser Service Manual Free Download PDF On this page you can free download service & repair manuals for such sterndrive engines as MerCruiser . Guide, Boat Dial Indicator 91-58222A1. I have alpha one gen II outdrive leaking water. It looks like its Maintenance, Boat Cleaners & Watch videos, get a manual. In terms of Mercruiser Alpha gen outboards, Alpha gen 1 is comparatively cheaper than Alpha gen 2. Completely different system. & Rings, Prop Nut Kits & I only say this you think the leak is on the starboard trim cylinder. A small leak has developed right at the end of the red pencil as seen in the photo. We understand that it's unconventional to purchase items from youtube, so please note the 100% positive feedback on both of our eBay usernames: shipshapeparts and shipshape8968804. Helm Seats, Shop Genuine Mercury Marine parts, large inventory, fast shipping. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. The gear oil leak seems to be coming from the Valve that feeds the upper unit. How to Check the Lower Unit Gear Oil on a MerCruiser Alpha One Outdrive To change the lower unit oil in your alpha one, first lower the drive. Parts, Sacrificial Anodes & Submitted: 18 hours ago. I took off the drive, drained the oil and pressure tested it. C $661.62 Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Alpha One Gen 2 gimbal bearing with TOOLS bellows puller Mercruiser trasom kit at the best online prices at Free shipping for many products. The hydraulic trim adjustment rams are repairable by lowering the drive to remove most of the hydraulic fluid then removing the end cap and installing new O-rings. MERCRUISER ALPHA ONE GEN II UPPER BOX GEARCASE SEAL KIT | GLM Part Number: 87501; Sierra Part Number: 18-2644; Mercury Part Number: 26-88397A1 4.8 (16) $3155 FREE delivery Sat, Mar 4 Or fastest delivery Feb 28 - Mar 1 Only 8 left in stock - order soon. Accessories, Electronic Navigation You must log in or register to reply here. Mercruiser Alpha One Gen2 Parts | Wholesale Marine It could also be leaking at the swivel shaft seal. Cant tell for sure until I get it off. It seems to be leaking mostly from the shift shaft seal now less from that small weep hole,there is a pretty big puddle now. Rust on the u joints is not normal. thanks for that information. Could not find much on the valve in there. Mercruiser Alpha One Gen II Complete Driveshaft Assembly - OEM $3,690.00 - $4,040.00 You save up to $338.57. Hardware, Boat Seat Share on Twitter. Backlash Indicator Rod 91-53459. It is rare for the hose to leak. Hope this helps ;https://www.wikihow.com/Change-Your-Mercruiser-Gear-Lube, Filled from bottom to vent hole, put in plugs, than filled reservoir from top. Financing, Iboats The gear oil seems to be leaking down the feed tube most likely from the connector outside of the boat.. Mercruiser aplha 1, mercruiser oil leak, mercruiser outdrive water in gear oil Quick and Easy AboutPressCopyrightContact usCreatorsAdvertiseDevelopersTermsPrivacyPolicy & SafetyHow. Dock, Cabin and Mercruiser Alpha 1. How did you refill your reservoir when you changed the oil? Also drained the reservoir. Place a drain pan directly under the lower unit. Outboards, Shop Deals, Boat Seats The upper seals and impeller stuff isn't hard and all the seals should only fit what they're intended for. It appears to be around the end of the tilt ram whos fluid source is a pump mounted to the transom. Some disasembly of the drive is nessasary to replace the seal, they'll likely look at the seal surface of the shaft area as well. Shift shaft or input shaft seal, just did both on mine this year, need to get drive pressure tested to be sure. He is shocked at what he saw when he took the drive apart. REPLACEMENTKITS.COM - Brand Fits Mercruiser Alpha One Gen 2 Impeller Repair Kit - 4.2 (83) $2499 FREE delivery Wed, Mar 8 on $25 of items shipped by Amazon Small Business Water Pump Impeller Kit for Mercury Mercruiser Alpha One 46-96148A8 46-96148Q8 4.6 (193) $3919 FREE delivery Fri, Mar 10 Boat Gel Coat - Spectrum Color, Pumps and Whats you're diagnosis and what will it take to fix? It can leak in at the top of the gimbal ring where the steering shaft passes into the boat. The Right Tools. Covers, Boat Cover Show More. The engine only has 100 hours on it, but for the last three years was hardly used (my brother passed last year) . After running the boat for a few weekends I noticed that the gear oil was leaking out of a small drain hole on the lower unit housing on the opposite side of the drain plug (slow leak). You may skip the engine manufacturer private label oil, but should stick to recommendation. I am not sure how to remove this hose other than just pulling it off, if possible. Gimble has some roughness to it so i got one of those as well. Amazon.com: Alpha One Gen 1 Impeller Kit You are using an out of date browser. 2,254. Covers, Boat Seat Nope, the seals you need dont come with the impeller kit.. Took it to a different mechanic a few days ago and today got some pictures from him. Ventilation, Interior & Cabin I'd have them also do the u joints, an impeller and related parts/gaskets while they have it. Between the upper and lower sections is a O-ring for an oil passage between the halves that could be leaking. #40 18923 FITTING (1 required per assembly) 22-18923 - Fitting [ More info ] $14.00. Also, you didn?t state the number of times you had to refill the reservoir. The sticker on the side of th . Water can get into the drive from a bad seal or a bad oring. Pumps, Livewell Aerator Pumps This very large foam gasket is often not inserted or installed correctly and can leak water from the ocean into your boat. Rafts, Paddle Allow that to drain for about 15 minutes. Thanks. Joel Radecki Started Monday at 02:35 PM WALKER 12V ELECTRIC DOWNRIGGER-GOOD WORKING CONDITION-$225 SHIPPED TYD Lake Erie United Started 17 minutes ago Wire dipsy package troutman10 Started November 28, 2022 & Circuit Gear oil leak on Alpha one Gen 2 - BAYLINER OWNERS CLUB The Bayliner Owners Club is a gathering place for Bayliner Owners and prospective owners. Friction, corrosion, water, sand, disuse and heat can all abraid and degrade the rubber. Usually drives are resealed every 5 years . GPS Chartplotter and Fish Finder Combo, Find Mercruiser Alpha One gen2 leaking oil, but where? Available to Order: Usually ships within 10 days. I looked up in there today with a light. All, Anchor & Make yourself a drivestand. Recommended Mercury/Mercruiser Engine Oil Chart Mercury Marine Parts Lookup Drawings Back Parts for Mercruiser Sterndrive & Inboard (Includes Diesel) & Mercury Racing Back #1 and Alpha Drives Back 120/140 1967-1969 Back 120/140 1967-1969 - 2062141 THRU 2791956 120/140 1970-1977 Back Maintenance, Pumps and & Sonar, Trolling Parts, Inflatable Ask Your Own Boat Question. Trailer Winches, Shop Pressure testing a Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen 2 Upper - YouTube Help identify gear fluid leak. [Alpha One, Gen 2] Waxes, Boat Cleaning I took it to one mechanic and he told me it was cover nut inside the drive that was completely lose, I paid him to fix it, change oil, water pump . Founded in 2005, it is the largest collection of Sea Ray information on the internet. He doesn't think rust was caused by the boat filling up with water because the engine looks clean, he said the only other thing it can be are the bellows which is strange on such a new boat. Axles, Boat Trailer Tie engine hours 100 on block rebuild upgraded rubber gaskets no oil leaks and perfect compression specs 5 7 liter v8 350 with 250hp . I found that the gear oil is leaking from around the hose where it connects to the outdrive. Have 3.0 litre in/out rear end gearing 200.1 have lower end Detectors, Binoculars & at start of every season. Water leak in near where . Breakers, Power Packs & Jump All of the parts we sell have been used in freshwater only. Sockets, Marine Electrical I need guidance on replacing the water pump impeller on a 1998 Mercruiser . There is a tiny gasket between the upper and lower halves of the drive. Hi all, I need some help I have a drive fluid leak on my 2013 Bayliner 175 with 3.0 mercruiser with alpha one drive somewhere. It has a Mercruiser 5.0L Alpha. No matter what size or model of Bayliner Boat that you have or are contemplating, we have members here who have that same model and would enjoy discussing it in a friendly, welcoming environment. Rollers, Boat Trailer Agreed, I did mine when we had our i/o, it had the same leak, pretty common. My 1990 regal sebring mercruiser 4.3l alpha 1 gen 2 outdrive gears turned into butter since my oil leaked . Professionals. +! If I had to guess your loosing it thu the upper yoke seal. However, I believe its on the port side where your circle is on the starboard. Boats, Propeller Parts & Clean out the reservoir as sludge can accumulate in the bottom. & Live Bait Category, View Sterndrive Engineering The Right Fit, Shop By I just spent $200 for all seals and gimble and i forgot to get the big upper drive gasket so i have to back to action today. Hardware, Boat Trailer Oil leak on out 1995 Sea Ray 185 Mercruiser 4.3 Alpha One.Oil leak on out drive appears to be coming from weep hole on side of foot. Am I missing something? You did not state when you installed the vent screw & seal washer. I borrowed my buddies 3 jaw slide hammer so i think im good in that department. HOW TO FIND LEAK IN YOUR BOAT with Mercruiser Engine and - YouTube Share on Pinterest. I have not removed the hinge pins to remove the ring. Mercruiser Gear Lube. Water in my outdrive. - Sterndrives How many special tools are required to do this? CSR is a member supported community. Start Over Different Model > Different Engine Section > OIL RESERVOIR COMPONENTS. i found the pdf for the manual on i boats and printed it out (at work of coarse. This hose may be leaking or the tie is missing. Alpha One Gen 2 Upper Drive Seal Leak - YouTube However, if your anodes get much further eroded electrolysis will damage it. Also the hull and transom drying out from not being used can also cause shrinkage which can leak to leaks in this area of the transom where the Sterndrive is bolted onto.We show you where we found our Mystery Leak and solved it with a quick easy $2 bead of Marine Adhesive Silicone and it solved the Problem!Eventually when we remove the sterndrive and housing some years down the track we will install a new foam seal and gasket and do it all properly, but for now and this season and probably the next this should hold out the small pin hole leak that was trickling water into our boatHope you found this video useful and it helped to solved the Mystery leak into your Boat fitted with Mercruiser Outdrive Stern Drive Alpha 1 SeriesClick LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to see more helpful videos like this This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Accessories, Pontoon Bimini Locate the top vent hole oil plug on the lower unit side case. If water is leaking into the bilge and its not from an engine hose then its most likely the shift cable or driveshaft bellows. im a Ford mechanic by trade so i have a good set of tools just wasnt sure if there were any must have tools to do the job. We have 3 different membership levels available. I am trying to find the correct connector. I have a mercruiser 1987 Alpha one, Generation One outdrive that leaks outdrive fluid and water into the bilge. Parts, Rule 1500 GPH Automatic After that I installed it with a new bell-housing gasket, filled it up with oil from the bottom, until it ran out of the vent hole on PORT side. Has maybe 50 hours on it, all of them with a drive shower. A friend has a 2006 Campion Chase with a Mercruiser 5.0 MPI/Alpha One, approx 100 hours. Hello guys. REPLACEMENTKITS.COM Brand Fits Mercruiser Alpha One Gen II Carrier Assembly Pump Base Replaces 807929A1 & 821759A2 Visit the REPLACEMENTKITS.COM Store 100 ratings | 5 answered questions $2499 Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime FREE Returns About this item Fits Mercruiser Alpha One Gen II Replaces GLM 12341 & Sierra 18-2354 For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. No oil in the bilge and all oil gone after running a short time. Towers, Tow Ropes & Show More. Ski, Wakeboard Again gear lube inside the u joint bellow is likely the input shaft seal has failed (probably from the bits of rust flying around in there) pressure test the drive to confirm. Holders, Cabin Accessories & Dollies, SportsStuff Great Big Bilge Pump, Tires, Rims, & Hub Thanks for the replies, alright excellent thanks for all the quick help. Seats, Pontoon Boat Seats & You really need to have the drive off, it could be just leaking from the O ring between the drive and gimbal house or it could be from the water hose which is loose or split, you can insert a hose pipe into the water passage when the drive is off to create some pressure to see where it leaks from. Accessories, Boat Lift Canopy Replaced them, plus water pump, and did a full check on the whole drive train. Savers, Boat Trailer Guides & I didn't think any gear oil was present in that area. If im going to take it apart im going to do the upper and lower while im in there. No matter what size or model of Bayliner Boat that you have or are contemplating, we have members here who have that same model and would enjoy discussing it in a friendly, welcoming environment. As Pete stated the area youve circled is not gear lube related, its likely leaking somewhere els and presenting itself at the trim ram or your trim ram is also leaking. Protection, Dock Storage & how bad if I continue to use as is. The bilge pump came on every 2-3 minutes while sitting still. The anti-dribble valve just pushes in. Insurance, Boat Any comments before I pull the boat out and start looking for leaks would be appreciated. Gear oil leaking from lower unit of Mercruiser If it's leaking you probably need a new $1 or under gasket for that screw. I picked up the seal kits and man there are aot of seals in there. Seats, Offshore Boat 10 to 12oz indicates a leak somewhere & if your not seeing it externally, pull the drive again & see if there isn't oil in the u-joint bellows. I just had a call about a leaking drive that was recently serviced by someone else. Boat, Sell A Just an update and a couple of questions about my 2000 Bayliner capri. I will see if I can put one on and then check it for leaking again. Share on Tumblr. Handles, Life Jackets & ha ha if this was a car i would have been elbows deep in this already. I have ordered a new one along with a gasket kit, hinge pin removal tool. Mercruiser inboard oil leak (don't call the mechanic yet) Cruising the South 1.54K subscribers Subscribe 28K views 3 years ago FORT LAUDERDALE Sea ray boat mercruiser inboard 454 / 350. i was just out trying to take a pic but my phone is not cooperating. That will make the leak - leak even more as the bubbles will force more oil out. If you have an alpha drive, the drain/fill hole is in frt lower. Accessories, Big Jon Feb 22, 2017 I learned the hard way about the little gaskets that go on the vent and drain screws! Refer to your owner's service manual for its location, if you have trouble finding it. Mercruiser Alpha 1 Gen 2 Leaking Drive Fluid 10-4-18 ShipShape Marine 5.83K subscribers Subscribe 17K views 4 years ago I just had a call about a leaking drive that was recently. MerCruiser impellers should be inspected once a year, or every 100 hours, and replaced as needed. You'll want a drip pan under the unit. Water exit Alpha one? | YBW Forum Honda 5hp Outboard, Boat Was it recently changed? oem Drive #s (for diffeent ratios) 714-5-5121200tp 714-5-5111200tp 714-5-5121300tp 714-5-5111300tp 714-5-5121400tp 714-5-5111400tp 714-5-5121600tp 714-5-5111600tp 714-5-5121700tp 1 year Full warranty , 3 year corrosion warranty Call with questions: 856-232-696 Ships on a pallet with a freight company from . Harware, Marine Nuts, Bolts, & I just ordered the hinge pin tool, gasket kit, bellows for the shift cable. (Alpha 1 Gen 2)(slid off the boat trailer and cracked) OUCH! Systems, Marine Plumbing Gear lube is leaking from my Mercruiser Alpha One 3.0L. So first fix - replace bottle cap if there is oil on the top of it. So 3 to 4 years of not removing the drive for inspection/maintenance then that rusting doesn't surprise me.