Passport is fine. Good luck. Anything to be concerned about regarding COVID and travel to Mexico? I would appreciate any comments from those of you that crossed at Nogales recently. This is only for ground crossings, not airports. Right, Toll Roads, and always drive at daylight (at least thats what I do). I am an American citizen but I live in Mexico, I have both citizenships, my question is that my american passport, my ID and my drivers license are expired, is there any problem if I wan to cross to the US by foot? No, just use your mask and take care of not getting infected. by giving them a visa number on line ? It is a hub for transportation, trade and culture between the two countries. Thank you for having us! While Mexico is pretty cheap on certain things, other things can be quite expensive since those items had to be imported from the USA and pay a duty/tariff etc. Been waiting since last year. If you need to cross outside of those hours, you will have to go to Mexicali. Are the pharmacies open to Arizonans at this time? You could fly back; stay in US for a couple of days; and then fly back to Mexico on your new tourist visa. Restrictions only apply to Mexican crossing to the United States, Mexico have no restrictions for tourists and on your way back to Canada you shouldnt have problems neither. When you drive your car to Mexico, travel with complete peace of mind, by being properly insured. That said, I must correct some misinformation in your post. I appreciate it. Hi- I booked a trip from May 2nd May 6th and planning on crossing by foot through PedEast. You may also return to US with no issues other than depending on which US state you return to, you may be subject to a 14 day quarantine (such as NY). 2.5 hours, Guerrero Negro to Santa Rosalia. I was wondering if you had received an answer to your question. PTL! We can only put restrictions on non-citizens entering the country, since as a US citizen you always have the right to enter the United States. and for how long could be extended beyond January 2022? Does anyone have experience or advice for us? What are the restrictions if we are not vaccinated and wish to travel? Planning a last minute trip to Cancun but am worried about reentering the US. If you fail to drive your vehicle out of Mexico before the TIP expires, the vehicle will become illegal in Mexico (this affects the validity of you your auto insurance) and you will lose your deposit. If my fianc and I marry here in the USA by the judge can she then cross back to the US with no problems? I hope any person traveling into your country will be careful take the necessary precaution, and while visiting spending money, supporting your economy know your Governor made a financial decision to keep Mexico safe and open. Eva, Cannot help you with the the rout to Guatemala, however I have a missionary friend that travels from Coahuila, Mexico to Guatemala very often, I van put you in contact with him. He can travel back to the US but be ready for a possible secondary inspection, just be sure to bring your drivers license and birth certificate. We need to book flights. Anyone know if the caravans with Bienvenido Paisano will happen this year. Gone are the days when you were able to cross back to US with your birth certificate or driver license. Hello, How long ago? : On the northern outskirts of Ensenada, police have set up a roadblock where they are checking I.D. Who makes these decisions and WHY ??? Correct? Did you get a response for this? Did you formally renounce your asylum? We are ready to go in our truck and 58 cargo trailer but heard its closed until 21st of December and they keep changing it. Can I walk thru the Otay Mesa without a Passport to catch my flight from Tijuana to Mexico City. Our pediatrician agrees with you that babies shouldnt be required to wear a mask. I had no problems doing so. Are you seriously considering getting a death vaccine? when you come back to the US does your job require you to quarantine? Your MEXICAN insurance, not your US. I am suppose to be going to visit my boyfriend and pick up medicine for my mom. She has a tourist visa only and is a Mexican citizen, but needs to come back. There is a bus from Nogales to the airport in Hermosillo . We are planning to fly to Puerta Vallarta for vacation in early August. The problem for her will be if the border is still closed to Mexican citizens when you return from your vacation. Can I drive into Mexico (US Citizen, Tourist Visa), on a car that Im currently paying off? Thanks. Let me know how you get on,good luck. Im currently in Oaxaca, Mexico. Is the border in San Diego open to tourist traveling by car throughout Baja. Ive tried reaching out to the embassy for a passport renovation but keep getting canceled. Or is it simply a no go? Apparently staffing shortage. Hi Jim, we are heading towards Mazatln and crossing in Nogales as well sometime next week. Im from Norway and have a valid ESTA visa. Should I have any issues with this? Just ask you where you are going which they always do. They gave those north the option of staying and becoming citizens or moving south to Mexico. Just because you got a green light doesn't mean you are 100% in the clear. This was right near the border and I was tempted to say Gee, the wind is blowing! The virus is everywhere now and it it time to stop restrictions on travel and just take reasonable person precautions. (I say generally because of my own inexperience with formal laws and regulations) and I cant imagine you two having any problem entering back into the US other than possibly needing to explain to C.B.P. Need to go again. WebIt connects the cities of Calexico, California and Mexicali, Baja California. Im vaccinated and I say to each his own. The official caravans dont go to Durango, which makes me nervous! Do you think Ill have a problem getting across the border now that Non essential travel is barred? Hi Yesi, if you find any information about this would you mind tellibg me too, my niece is the same story and were not sure how to do this? The border cities of Mexicali and Tijuana, located in the state of Baja California, Mexico, have become important economic centers in recent years due to their strategic location along the U.S.-Mexico border. I havent been able to return to Canada yet as a family member has been recovering from a recent surgery. Maybe by air, but check carefully. We are also traveling via CBX to Cancun at the end of November. We do recommend you take a letter from your doctor as they may ask for evidence of your travel purpose at the border. But be carfule never try to reach the Tijuana airport without a us passport or any legal doc. You cannot take a rental car into Mexico and there are no American insurance carriers that I know of who will protect you in Mexico. Hola! If you did not renounce it but left the US without requesting authorization from the US immigration authorities, it is likely you have lost your asylum and will not be allowed to re-enter. You will also need your car registration or title. The problem is the F1 visa appointments are suspended in the US embassy in Egypt. I have recently crossed border holding b1/2 for taking flight from lax to india. Give the Mexican President, credit and the ppl. A Few times i got some grief for it but they still had to let me in. Some other foreigners were given the vaccine if any was left over at the end of the day and then were automatically signed up for the 2nd shot. I have to cross it back to Mexico because I cant have the vehicle in the US for more than a year. You can/should check the government website for any updates. They tried to enter at coutts alta.,and were denied entry by us customs. My husband and I have been to Mexico many times since Covid with no problem. If youre already in TJ, and have just now realized/learned of this issue, then wherever you are crossing back into the U.S., I would go directly to any officer, and tell them your plight. You think anyone from any country gives a damn about feeling selfish and getting people infected with Covid. Also stay there in a hotel. The question is can I come to Mexico and apply for F1 visa to travel to the US? Edit: Wow, sorry, I apologize. Travelers should avoid using remote areas, and major highways should be avoided due to a high rate of violent crime and gang activity. The remaining 1,051,169 encounters, or 63%, involved people from countries other than Mexico by far the highest total for non-Mexican nationals in CBP records dating back to 2000. I also have a current Texas drivers license (not Real ID). Penalties can be very expensive in Mexico and always a chance Mexican Authorities will DETAIN persons and even SEIZE an expired Passport. Go to INM office with your tourist card and passport. For traffic information, call (760) 768-2383. I own a home in Panama, and, in early June, I want to drive with my dog through Mexico, and on, from there, to Panama. If youre an American citizen and have a valid state ID or DRIVERS LICENSE can legally enter Mexico regardless of having an American passport. As a matter of fact, it is an excellent time to be a tourist here. Hi I have a Flight on the 3rd of May & I am bringing my grandma back . Acua is not letting US citizens travel to Mexico if you are not essential. They border guards even gave my partner a rough time in going to his medical appointment in San Diego (and medical is supposed to be an exception), and ultimately denied his entry. is that issue? Is it policy or law? . Are restaurants and Hotels open in Los Algodones? Thank you. 1) travel to Mexico If you are driving by road up to Nogales, the place you need to do this as at kilometer 21. Second, I hope your visit is amazing. I have a home in San Carlos Sonora Mexico, and a home in Arizona, I was in Arizona when the restrictions were published, I need to get back to my San Carlos home, will I be prevented entry. It wont be easy! I drove to Mexico 18th and back to US on the 25 no issues . Good luck!! Be sure to carry your passport and have all your registrations in order. Do you have any answer? Driving from Canada to Mexico across the US. If I CHOSE to vaccinate myself, goody for me but NOBODY should be required. As far as traveling in Mexico make sure you do it by daylight only and have all your car permits handy and up to date. Mexicali Ive been crossing ever since the so called restrictions started. I guess so by logic. We have included information regarding crossing the Mexico border at the Calexico / Mexicali Border. Any thoughts or info greatly appreciated from very stressed out pregnant mom- lol. My son born in the USA and he crossed with his birth certificate and driver licence and he doesnt have any problem and hes 25yrs old! Hi, I am a US citizen planning to drive down to Mexico due to medical reasons, what documents/requirements/answers will be necessary to provide to prove the essential trip? I just spoke with US customs and they said a US drivers license and a birth certificate you can get back into US>. Do you need a negative COVID test to re-enter the US at the border in El Centro CA if you are a US citizen coming back in a car? Please do us all a favor and go set yourself on fire. Im planning travel to Mexico mid-February. Especially trying to cross by land . Please help me. An item that costs $448 will include the following services: a) autobs ms baratos para el viaje; b) a courtesy shuttle bus; c) a courtesy shuttle bus; and d) a courtesy shuttle bus. We have patients crossing into Mexico and returning to SD every day. Mexicos economy is growing at an impressive rate in addition to major industries. You got your FMM stamped, you either got the green light, paid your duties or made it through secondary and now you are on your way to Loreto. This guide Mexico offers extensive and affordable transport options. more, NEW Border Crossing Hours (due to COVID-19), Re: NEW Border Crossing Hours (due to COVID-19), Get answers to your questions about Los Algodones. Hospitals and front line medical workers are super-stressed looking after nationals. I will be staying in SD one night each way. Bill, YOU just proved what they say is true: You cant fix stupid. The only inconvenience, was that I had to wait in line 2.5 hours. Calexico, CA 92231 Is it OK for non Americans to walk across from San Diego into TJ? Planning to have her travel via Cancun and stay for 14 days and continue to Boston after. -and a proof of vaccine. My wife has a B1/B2 tourist visa and Global Entry. Can I bring my dog across the AZ Mexico border into Mexico without a problem? They ask for your passport and why you are traveling. The caregiver we hired for our 92 year old mother has been unable to get over to Laredo from Nuevo Laredo, Tamps. Im an artist that lives in California, California residentwants to go rent a home in baja for a year. We would walk across, go to the dentist and walk back, all in the span of a few hours. I agree Eva. Hi David. Border palOtroLado.com. US restrictions on entry if non-citizen. From what I understand working in the US is considered essential. WebDiscover Baja Travel Club 8322 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. Its probably the safest time to travel EVERYTHING is ultra clean! And will we be allowed to cross into Mexico? Geographics. What are the medical reasons Mexicans can cross into the US? Tijuana has long been a popular tourist destination due to its lively nightlife, which is almost synonymous with tequila.