Every Supreme Court Justice in history has possessed personal views. He was indicted with federal corruption charges in 2015. After that, he was re-elected every two years with at least 71 percent of the vote until his appointment to the United States Senate in January 2006. Four Out of Five Cant Get It, by WSJs Keach Hagey, Jeffrey Trachtenberg and Lindsay Wise: Seattle Times Co. received a nearly $10 million loan last week as part of the federal governments rescue program for small businesses. When he defiantly took off his mask on the Truman Balcony for a made-for-television moment, aides said it was of course a statement. Nadine Arslanian rose to fame as the second wife of a US Senator from New Jersey, Bob Menendez. Education level was listed as Graduate or professional degree What is their job? You will now start receiving email updates, By ANNA PALMER, JAKE SHERMAN, ELI OKUN and GARRETT ROSS, President Donald Trumps new media posture comes as he has again switched positions on a critical and high-profile issue, abandoning his support for aid to state and local governments. The Hackensack Meridian Childrens Advisory Committee includes Mrs. Menendez. My familys been in Maine for generations. It is Wednesday, and there are 27 days to Election Day. Tap into Getty Images global-scale, data-driven insights and network of over 340,000creators to create content exclusively for your brand. A Nadine Arslanian, the wife of Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., is being investigated by federal prosecutors, under the suspicion of accepting gifts or services from individuals who might have been seeking favors from the top Senate Democrat, according to The Wall Street Journal. The issue has prompted a bipartisan push in Congress to either amend PPP rules to make an exception for local news, or get news organizations other forms of aid in the next stimulus bill. WSJ, -- Fox News announced it would award the inaugural Dr. Charles Krauthammer Memorial Scholarship to high school seniors Ami Carey and Michael Carey. The Singing Senator Who Found Love at IHOP, Getting Engaged On Their Way to a Wedding, Beneath a Crowed Exhibit, Room to Propose, 10 best lampshades that will inject personality into your living space, With Students Missing Online Classes, Teachers Are Going to Students, Tips To Use Custom Rugs For Your Flooring, Decorating Ideas for a Refined Ambiance: 10 Classic Living Room Styles, Cake, pastry and whimsy are served at The Dinersaur bakery in Phoenix, Trumps Market-Shaking Tweet The Atlantic, AFI Fest Adds Four World Premieres, Including Errol Morris Leary Doc My Psychedelic Love Story, Your ultimate guide to staying safe as lockdown eases, Factors to Consider When Looking For a 24-Hour Electrician, Tips For Choosing Countertops For a Kitchen Remodel. Land assessed at $805,300 & Improvements assessed at $44,000. And thats all the energy that I have is going into that effort. POLITICO, WHERE WE GO FROM HERE White House is reviewing expanded guidance on reopening society, by WaPos Lena Sun and Josh Dawsey: The White House is finalizing expanded guidelines to allow the phased reopening of schools and camps, child-care programs, certain workplaces, houses of worship, restaurants and mass transit, according to documents under review by administration officials. "Federal prosecutors investigating Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) are examining whether his wife received gifts or services from individuals who sought favors from the New Jersey politician," the Wall Street Journal reports. They met at a . It also accused the companies of bias against conservative viewpoints.. Gail Harper, his speech instructor at Union Hill High School, helped him improve as a public speaker. With contributions from Jill Abramson, Taylor Branch, Steven Brill, David Brooks, Jimmy Carter, C.J. OK, THIS IS THE LAST TIME WELL DO THIS. The McCloskeys, who are both attorneys, have become folk heroes among some conservatives. -- TRUMP still leads BIDEN when it comes to who is viewed as a better steward of the economy. In May 2010, Menendez asked Dr. Salomon Melgen to fly his girlfriend financial advisor-turned-political candidate Gwendolyn Beck to the Dominican Republic on the doctors dime, prosecutors said. Just before Chris turned to propose, he started walking very slowly, said Ms. Kabak. Louis couple indicted for waving guns at protesters,, House Panel Says Big Tech Wields Monopoly Power,, View all our political and policy newsletters, Dems want to cut Fox off after lawsuit revelations. In that moment it was all white noise, I just grabbed the ring box right out of his hand and havent let go of it since. What shes been reading: What If Trump Refuses to Concede? in The Atlantic last month was terrifying. Copyright All rights reserved | DOWNLOAD FOR iOS DOWNLOAD FOR ANDROID. As little as $1/month can help us continue doing this work and we can hire journalists, graphic designers, translators, video editors, and others! But they also wondered if the face covering was making it harder for the president to breathe., GRIM PREDICTION -- Fauci: There could be 300,000 to 400,000 Covid deaths unless precautions taken, by Matthew Choi, FROM 30,000 FEET JOHN HARRIS column: Trumps Chickens Come Home To Roost. This race is built on a foundation of falsehoods. While the wedding industry suffered immensely, life went on, and people still fell in love, proposed and got married no matter. It also creates the possibility the remaining justices could split and leave the tech world in limbo on a crucial issue who controls code that underpins much of modern technology. POLITICO. TRUMPS NEW MEDIA POSTURE COMES as he has again switched positions on a critical and high-profile issue, abandoning his support for aid to state and local governments hit hard by the coronavirus -- the chief Democratic ask for the next stimulus bill. Mr. McGuire quickly changed the subject, and the two were soon walking back to their hotel, when suddenly, he dropped to a knee to propose. Women, whether from China, Italy or the U.S., have been less likely to become acutely ill and far more likely to survive. Streamline your workflow with our best-in-class digital asset management system. Alaskas Fisheries Are Collapsing. Know About Melissa Rauchs Husband And Children! Yet it isnt eligible for the aid and had to furlough or cut pay for 10% of its 900 employees this month. He was born in New York City on January 1, 1954, to Cuban refugees who had fled the country a few months earlier, in 1953. Menendez "sings all the time," according to his bride. Federal prosecutors investigating U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez are looking into whether his wife received gifts or services from individuals seeking favors from the New Jersey politician. The logo is representative of the Armenian flower symbolizing eternity and prosperity. She surprised me by renting a violin and a studio in Manhattan, where she taught me how to play, Dr. Hall said. During a visit to the Taj Mahal, Senator Bob Menedez began singing a song to Nadine Arslanian. Here is a selection of a few of our favorite Will you marry me? moments we learned about from couples who married in 2020. 37% say PENCE will come out on top. He stayed at Colorado State until 1981.[1]. Mr. Feller, 29, had just returned from a ski trip, during which he promised Ms. Weir, also 29, that he would bring her a large pine cone. This sign-up form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. On Wednesday, the government will show the jury a Feb. 2013 CNN interview of Menendez claiming that he only took Melgens plane a handful of times and that the only reason he didnt pay for the flights right away was because he forgot. Other names that Nadine uses includes Nadine Arsianian, Nadine T Arslanian, Nadine T Tabourian, Nardine Arscanian and Arslania Tabourian. She decided to play along, and when the tune was right, she would say yes to the man she had fallen head over flapjacks with in December 2018. Nadine Arslanian is 55. If you think youve heard this before, its because you have! And states have an obligation, cities have an obligation to balance their budgets and watch how they spend money, too.. Trump, diagnosed with Covid-19 last week, was still livid at his chief of staff, Mark Meadows, whose effort on Saturday to tamp down the rosy portrait of Mr. Trumps condition given to reporters by his chief doctor was caught on camera. Republicans have been suggesting stand-alone bills for months. While the wedding industry suffered immensely, life went on, and people still fell in love, proposed and got married no matter. NEWS: Prosecutors investigating Sen. Bob Menendez are examining whether his wife received gifts or services from individuals who sought favors from the New Jersey politician https://t.co/XFkY1KZHUG Ben Pershing (@benpershing) November 18, 2022 Find out all the ways Emergent perceives, prepares, and protects. In May 2019, Mr. Menendez began orchestrating a much bigger number for proposing marriage to his girlfriend, Nadine Arslanian, whom he met five months earlier at an IHOP in Union City, N.J., where Mr. Menendez grew up and was once mayor. They have been asked for information about both Arslanian and Menendez. One day last month, Senator Bob Menendez made three separate calls to three friends, each of whom was celebrating a birthday. During one of their famous bowling scenes, WALTER says to DONNY: You have no frame of reference, Donny. They argue that they were simply exercising their Second Amendment right to bear arms, and were protected by Missouris castle doctrine law that allows the use of deadly force against intruders. Required fields are marked *. Menendez, 68, married international businesswoman Nadine Arslanian, 54, in 2020 after the pair met at a New Jersey IHOP in 2016. She is deputy comms director for Joe Biden's campaign. I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed, said Ms. Weir managing to get a yes in between sobs and later when I saw our parents at a restaurant I sobbed some more.. The couple is said to have first met in 2011. Sign up for our must-read newsletter on what's driving the afternoon in Washington. The 1977 Colorado State team was one of the most successful in school history, finishing 921 and receiving votes in the Associated Press Top 25 poll. In 2020, he got married to Nadine Arslanian, who is an international businesswoman. Which has made doctors wonder: Could hormones produced in greater quantities by women be at work? POLITICO's must-read briefing on what's driving the afternoon in Washington. He immediately excused himself, saying he needed to use the bathroom, but made a beeline for the coat check room instead. It ruled that the citys move to ease restrictions on taking licensed, locked and unloaded guns outside the city limits, coupled with a change in state law to prevent New York from reviving the ban, left the court with nothing to decide. The Property last sold for $1 on 2005-04-14.The property was assessed for $849,300. Like me and Portia and so many close families, sardines always swim together.. Dont miss out, weve got some exciting moves coming. An Armenian-American, Arslanian once traveled to Armenia to establish an American Football League in his home country. He loves people. You can unsubscribe at any time and can contact us here. They met at a campaign rally many years ago. Aline is one of those rare women role models in the corporate world who help other women achieve their career goals. 3) No one can really speak for TRUMP, other than TRUMP. , The decision will have little impact on Obamacare. We've received your submission. The politician is also active on Twitter under the username. The U.S. attorney's office for the Southern District of New York has subpoenaed associates of Mr. Menendez's wife, Nadine Arslanian, whom he married in 2020, the people said. As a leader in the fight to help combat the opioid epidemic, Emergent has been committed to access, and awareness, of naloxone including for the most vulnerable patient populations at risk. This made him step down as the Foreign Relations Committee's Ranking Member. Senate Majority Leader MITCH MCCONNELL was never going to ignore the majority of his conference, which didnt want a big bill. The unofficial guide to official Washington. Michael took the ring off the dogs collar and got down on one knee. , Mr. I get it. Pool report: "Even though . They tied the knot in the following October of 2020. They are working remotely as an ad hoc review board for the flood of research on the coronavirus, weeding out flawed studies before they reach policy makers. WSJ. Im really trying to remain hopeful this country can turn itself around, but all of my greatest fears were outlined in that article. The prostitution claims, which the defense argued be shown to the jury, have since been debunked. Beats me! Bob Menendez is active on Instagram under the username@senatormenendez, where he has posted 1,389 posts so far. Sarkis "Sark" Arslanian (February 4, 1924 December 11, 2016) was an American football coach. A New Jersey senator sang his proposal in India, a foreign affairs officer popped the question in Russia and there was a sob story in Central Park. She is Bidens highest-profile surrogate to swing-state cities like Milwaukee, Detroit and Philadelphia, with a particular focus on courting voters of color, including African Americans and Latinos. It was especially romantic, then, when Ms. Jelinski arranged an early morning behind-the-scenes tour of the Aquarium for their two-year anniversary. Youre like a child who wanders in in the middle of a movie.. -- DARIN is also a MARK MEADOWS alum -- they worked together in the Freedom Caucus days. Mark-Viverito targets Manhattan Dem over 'interesting' re- Canadian teacher with size-Z prosthetic breasts placed on paid leave, Buster Murdaugh got 'very drunk' with dad 2 months after mom, brother murdered: source, I'm a professional cleaner ditch these 4 household products immediately, How a retired detective snared his seventh 'Torso Killer' confession, It's insane that NYers can use but not buy pepper spray for self-defense: Change this now, Tom Sandoval speaks out on Raquel Leviss affair: I deserve your anger, Shoeless Ariana Madix awkwardly tries to avoid cheating Tom Sandoval, Prince Harry was scared to lose Meghan Markle after fight that led to therapy, Memphis Grizzlies star Ja Morant allegedly flashes gun at a strip club, Ariana Madix, Tom Sandoval have awkward moment amid cheating scandal. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This biographical article relating to a college football coach first appointed in the 1960s is a stub. Menendez chose to run in the primary, which was a genuine fight in this firmly Democratic district, and he won by a 68 percent to 32 percent margin over Robert Haney Jr. Nadine also squashes a rumor that has been going around about Senator Menendez growing up with an Armenian nanny named Anush. He and his ex-wife Jane divorced in 2005. Dr. Olivia Hall once told Olivia Reaney that she had always wanted to learn how to play violin. AT LEAST 17 OF HIS AIDES have the coronavirus. Insurers who accused the government of a bait and switch claimed theyre owed $12 billion from the Affordable Care Act program. Clerical/White Collar. Wikipedia has featured Bob Menendez on its official page. ENGAGED -- Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) has gotten engaged to Nadine Arslanian, an international businesswoman from Bergen County, N.J. THE PARTICIPANTS in the 4 p.m. event: Walgreens President Richard Ashworth; Thermo Fisher Scientific CEO Marc Casper; Rite-Aid CEO Heyward Donigan; American Clinical Laboratory Association President Julie Khani; U.S. Cotton CEO and President John Nims; Walmart CEO Doug McMillon; CVS CEO Larry Merlo; CVS EVP Tom Moriarty; Quest Diagnostics Chairman and President Stephen Rusckowski; and LabCorp CEO Adam Schecter. I dont know. Electionland also runs a tip line for voters to identify voting issues. Besides Beck, Melgens private jet was also used to fly Menendezs son, Robert Jr., and his office manager, Maria Almeida, the feds said. But Dr. Hall chose to propose in September 2018 in Vancouver, British Columbia, where it was her turn to surprise Ms. Reaney as they walked across the Capilano Suspension Bridge. DOWNLOAD THE POLITICO MOBILE APP: Stay up to speed with the newly updated POLITICO mobile app, featuring timely political news, insights and analysis from the best journalists in the business. Michael will study accounting and finance and is the son of Fox News senior director of IT operations, John Carey. ON THE TRAIL BIDEN will attend virtual fundraising events. Manhattan federal prosecutors are investigating whether Nadine Arslanian, the wife of Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ), received gifts or services from individuals who sought favors from her. Watch this interview to hear her family story of survival, her relationship with New Jersey Senator, Bob Menendez, and her advice to young Armenians on dating. Their yellow lab, Henry, who would later serve as Dog of Honor at the couples wedding on May 17, 2020, wore the engagement ring on his collar. I thought we were just killing time at a pretty venue from a favorite film, so I was quite stunned when he got down on one knee. After meeting with Russian officials, the two went to dinner. Collins wasnt done as she accused Gideon of defaming my reputation and attacking my integrity in their increasingly nasty race. Today, approximately 100 years later, The Nazerian Group is thriving at an unprecedented rate because of Vartans grandfather and Genocide survivor, Hampartzoum Nazerians sacrifice and will to live. I grew up in Caribou, Ive lived in Bangor for 26 years. 46% say TRUMP is more trusted, and 42% say BIDEN. Nadine Arslanian's phone number is (201) 408-4012. In 1965, he assumed the same position at Weber State University, where he coached until 1972 and was the winningest coach in school history. Officials Said, Exxon, Oil Rivals Shield Their Carbon Forecasts From Investors,, St. But since it was my proposal, I think Dan felt like we were no longer on even-footing, like I suddenly had an edge in our relationship, and he had no say.. HAVID NAGAN will provide a value proposition across all of its complications far beyond their price point. But the ruling represents a loss for the Trump administration, which argued it wasnt obligated to make the risk corridor payments and is supporting the red states lawsuit. POLITICO The opinion, -- Court tosses NY case that could have expanded gun rights, by APs Mark Sherman: The justices threw out a challenge from gun rights groups. In 1992, incumbent Democratic U.S. U.S. Trump calls for contest to create futuristic Freedom Cities, Judge denies Jan. 6 defendants bid for time to review McCarthys Capitol security footage. Nadine Arslanian was born in 1967 and is currently 55 years old. The verdict: Harris, with a few exceptions, has hit her marks.. Menendezs wife over gifts: report, Sen. Bob Menendez under federal investigation again, Apparently, this House seat belongs to the Menendez family -- not the voters, Lawmakers press Biden for 'harsh' response to Putin's troop deployment, Senate votes down Ukraine-supported Cruz bill slapping sanctions on Russia, Menendez also used doctors private jet for his gal pal: feds, obtaining a tourist visa for his 22-year-old Dominican girlfriend. , where he has posted 1,389 posts so far. VALLEY TALK -- Landmark Google-Oracle fight heads to Supreme Court without RBG, by Steven Overly: Google will defend itself against Oracles charge that it stole code to build its Android operating system before the Supreme Court on Wednesday and Ruth Bader Ginsburgs absence may be pivotal in a ruling that could shake up Silicon Valleys business model. From his former marriage, Menendez has two grown children and three grandchildren. WE SHOULD HELP THE STATES with the coronavirus. Trump calls for contest to create futuristic Freedom Cities, Judge denies Jan. 6 defendants bid for time to review McCarthys Capitol security footage. Rain had been chasing us the whole time, said Dr. Hall. CORRECTION: An earlier version of this Playbook PM misidentified the outlet for which Philip Wegmann works. Theres no way on Gods green earth Im going to talk about smears and right-wing activity and let prostitutes come in, Judge Walls scolded. Nadine Arslanian currently lives in Englewood Cliffs, NJ; in the past Nadine has also lived in Edgewater NJ and Cresskill NJ. Robert Strain surprised Daniel Bering in March 2019 by proposing in front of a fireplace during a weekend escape to Point Reyes, Calif. We had such a great time, said Mr. Strain. Some of the flights were directly tied to favors Menendez did for the doctor, according to the feds, including the Labor Day flight with Almeida, which they connected to Melgens request for help obtaining a tourist visa for his 22-year-old Dominican girlfriend. We discussed how we could make it more of a shared, even-handed-event, so while I didnt expect Dans proposal, I certainly understood where it was coming from.. In June 2017, four months after they met, the couple both 28 at the time took their first trip together, to Iceland, where they fell in love. Each time Mr. Menendez so much as cleared his throat, whether it be in Puerto Rico, Greece, Turks and Caicos or Colombia, the needle seemed to move that much closer to that special song. -- WAPOS ERICA WERNER and JEFF STEIN: During Tuesdays call, McConnell suggested to Trump that Pelosi was stringing him along and no deal she cut with Mnuchin would command broad GOP support to pass in the Senate, according to two people with knowledge of the call who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss it., -- WSJ: Stocks End Lower After Trump Puts Halt to Stimulus Talks, by Sam Goldfarb and Anna Isaac. FOR YOUR RADAR -- The Secret Group of Scientists and Billionaires Pushing Trump on a Covid-19 Plan, by WSJs Rob Copeland: These scientists and their backers describe their work as a lockdown-era Manhattan Project, a nod to the World War II group of scientists who helped develop the atomic bomb. What is Nadine T Arslanian's education level? It was simply beautiful, Ms. Bamgbose said. A selection of Sarine Arslanian's photo and film projects, as well as her latest publications, exploring a variety of topics such as arts and culture, community development, holistic healing, indigenous wisdom, yoga and meditation, and transformative travel. He defeated New Jersey Superior Court Judge Fred J. Theemling Jr. in the primary election with 64 percent of the vote. On Oct. 3, 2019 while on a visit to India, Ms. Arslanian was sitting on the Princess Diana bench at the Taj Mahal, when suddenly Mr. Menendez, who had been standing behind her, began singing Never Enough, from the movie The Greatest Showman. She began to cry. In 2009 Menendez himself introduced a Senate resolution that called on the president to officially recognize "the systematic . -- MORE VIA QUINT FORGEY: Whitmer said she was unsure how Bidens eventual running mate would campaign for office while governing or legislating amid the coronavirus outbreak in the United States.