He set that up. So, there were a series of different changes over a period of time to be explored. I played every different sport you can imagine, so that meant I wasnt great in any one thing. I dont think we even had core values or anything. OfferUp is that type of company and it has been rewarded by a fiercely loyal and engaged user base, and explosive growth. : You can always reach out to me on Twitter. I just wanted them to believe it actually worked. : Got it. University of Seville Alumni Founded Companies, College of Charleston Alumni Founded Companies, West Coast Companies With Less Than $10M in Revenue (Top 10K), University of Texas Alumni Founded Companies, University of North Florida Alumni Founded Companies, Chapman University Alumni Founded Companies, Colorado State University Alumni Founded Companies, University of Limerick Alumni Founded Companies, University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business Alumni Founded Companies, Florida Institute of Technology Alumni Founded Companies, Total number of current Advisors and Board roles the person has, Number of Organizations that the person founded, The organization associated to the person's primary job, Where the person is located (e.g. Alejandro: Very cool. Alejandro: Marketplaces are obviously a beast. Nick Huzar (@nickhuzar) March 25, 2020. I want to ask you this: if you had the opportunity to go back in time, and maybe to that time when you were in your early 20s thinking about how to launch a business, how to start a company, how to scale and build it. The pitch is, why is value sitting, and why is it sitting all around us, and why cant we see it. I would build out the website. I essentially told them, Look. Then, adaptable. I need to understand how these things work. So, I finally bought one, and then I graduated and worked in a startup for one of my fraternity brothers, making half as much as all my friends did. Alejandro: Ive heard you talk about core values a few times and how that ties into culture. I knew I was passionate about computers. Nick Huzar: Yeah. What is in the retail store down the street, and why dont people know that those things exist in there. I could code that. Id say our vision, as you think long-term, is really to help people to connect and prosper. Thats what we did for a while. So, Im sure he thinks what Im doing is a little crazy to him. Perhaps they will also appreciate it. Europe, Menlo Park, China), Where the person is located (e.g. OfferUp Hires Todd Dunlap as its New Chief Executive Officer - PR Newswire nick huzar net worth 2020 Today, we offer that via shipping. Nick Huzar's email & phone | OfferUp's Chief Executive Officer It was Driven, Neighborly, and Adaptable. We were making more money doing that than we were in our day job. When we could find engineers, we would pay them just a teeny bit, but wed compensate them more with ownership and stock in what we were building. Nick Huzar email address & phone number - RocketReach Its not engineering for the sake of engineering. There are plenty of things that you just dont sign up for that you have to address as somebody thats running a business, but I think of companies as the ultimate creative experience. Alejandro: There, you talked about, Arean, your co-founder, and you were mentioning that hes an amazing engineer, and Im sure that there are a lot of people that are listening now that are maybe looking for a tech co-founder. Okay, great. I think it was good. You may opt-out by. Nick Kyrgios Net Worth - Sportskeeda I think that also ties nicely into culture and the intention about that. Then, also, the dot-com bubble hit, and everyone stopped sponsoring those events. Nick Huzar: I had, of course, a ton of energy and excitement. Amazing. Its not just up and to the right. We hired too quickly and didnt have a focused strategy, and we werent intentional about culture, and we can talk about how that has changed now at OfferUp, but thats another thing. : Id say definitely the people. The Net worth of Nick Viall is still yet to be revealed. Connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, Bloomberg quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world. We hired too quickly, and we didnt know what we wanted. I think that were going to really enjoy the guest that we have today. In fact, the first code that I ever wrote for OfferUp was sitting in a Goodwill parking lot all day, and I was just sitting there starting to code, starting to think about and mapping out how Goodwill works or how Value Village works or how the existing eCommerce players work. : So, originally born and raised in the Seattle area. This is so creative. But there are other dimensions to that. In fact, this chair Im sitting inin my office is from OfferUp. So, when we built out shipping, we said, Why not just enable this so you can continue to do local transactions, but now you dont even need to get in your car. And it opens up the nation for buyers and sellers. . We only raised about $100,000 our first year, but we didnt have an office space. We thought to ourselves, why couldnt you just build a platform that would enable anybody to build basically what is now known as social media? Nick Huzar is the Founder, President & Chief Product Officer and CEO at OfferUp. This is going to take me a whole weekend just to post these items online yourself. I was just a sponge. Together, they oversee over 100 OfferUp employees. Designer and entrepreneur Melody Ehsani takes us on a journey from her early days working retail, to designing her first shoes and jewelry lines, to collaborating with Red Hot Chili Peppers and Jordan brand before taking on a bespoke role at Foot Locker. I told her; I said, Look. I can design things, and then I can cut them up, and I can make them interactive. New OfferUp CEO Aims To Grow Commercial Side Of Local Commerce Platform, COVID Creates A Sellers Market In reCommerce, OfferUp CEO: Reinventing Commerce One Local Seller At A Time, Online marketplace OfferUp raises $120M, acquires top competitor letgo, Mobile marketplace OfferUp adds Hold Offers feature as it battles Craigslist, eBay and Facebook, OfferUp launches new Autos section focused on buying and selling used cars, OfferUp Keys In On Used Car Market With the Launch of OfferUp Autos, OfferUp launches SafeTradeSpots.com in conjunction with AIM Group, OfferUp Expands Its Local Marketplace, Launches Nationwide Shipping. She is a rapper, singer, and songwriter from Trinidad & Tobago. He is a founder that has done it multiple times. Eine andere -Site. So, I have three kids bikes. As I move from work or wherever Im at, I just want to be able to open up the app and see and discover things that are all around me. Again, given my artistic bent, I taught myself Photoshop. Arean van Veelen (left) and Nick Huzar (right) are the co-founders of OfferUp. It was to explore, like more of the treasure hunt type of experience. We raised millions of dollars, mostly from angels. With over 33 million downloads and more than $14 billion in transactions, OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace in the U.S. What would you say was the most painful and the biggest lesson, at the same time, for you? Lets check out Nick Huzar Net worth income salary 2021 report details which is given below. Why? Will His AI Plans Be Any Different? We have really good features like search alerts and things you can say that will notify people right away. And if you got any value either from this episode or from the show itself, share it with a friend. Im thinking to myself, Chill me now. We had this concept of why cant we just emulate that online? We were never going to beat and become something like a Facebook. Again, were only in the United States. That was the idea behind it. We could leverage chat. The first year, thats what we did. Today, you see a lot of apps that have this long, infinite scrolling pic list of pictures. He was able to figure things out. : As I mentioned earlier, with some of the founding stories, Id say liquidity [28:19] is the number one metric that we spend a lot of time focusing on because we want to make sure that were creating the best experience for buyers and sellers. nick huzar net worth 2020 - regalosdemiparati.com As I move from work or wherever Im at, I just want to be able to open up the app and see and discover things that are all around me. stufftv.org - Enlightenment. Action. Impact. For years, Craigslist has been the go-to website to buy and sell used items online. How was life growing up there? We said, Who are the people that are striving here, and why? You look at driven, for example. Alejandro: Very nice. Probably just not the best advisors and folks around the table. Again, were only in the United States. One day, she said, Im pregnant. Im like, Im so excited! I go into dad mode, and I open up that door to this room that Im going to turn into her nursery, my soon-to-be daughters nursery. I had a blessed upbringing. It was more, Can you do the work? OfferUp CEO: Reinventing Commerce | PYMNTS.com But if you peeled away the branding, you realized that under the hood, they all kind of functioned the same. OfferUp - Wikipedia Nick Saban is the highest-paid college football coach in the world, and his salary matches his reputation . But, luckily, she was supportive, and I think shes always believed in me. He did a lot of back-end database. So, were looking to grow not only our Seattle office, but we also have an office in Miami as well. Nick Huzar: As I mentioned earlier, with some of the founding stories, Id say liquidity [28:19] is the number one metric that we spend a lot of time focusing on because we want to make sure that were creating the best experience for buyers and sellers. So, you can wrap a 77 square around every man, woman, and child in this country in storage space. Im sure that all those experiences and lessons with Konnects you were able to apply them here. Ive got to go get a job. Im out there interviewing for a job and spending a bunch of time on that, but I think like any good ideas, for entrepreneurs that are out there, I believe that if you cant get it out of your head, you should listen to that voice. How will you associate putting paint on a canvas with perhaps building and scaling a business? I think you need to do it. As soon as she gave me the blessing, I completely stopped interviewing, and I went all-in on OfferUp. We were making more money doing that than we were in our day job. In the early 2000s, Craigslist disrupted the classified advertising market by converting newspaper readers to online users and thereby decimating the print media advertising model. He was definitely that. This has led me to seek answers to questions about how my very existence impacts our planet. Alejandro: For sure, and especially during the early days when you dont have anything tangible, its like literally all in your own head, and its helping people understand what that canvas looks like. Nick Huzar: I think so far, weve raised 260, and then we just announced this latest financing, and well be raising another 120 million. They have too many, and theyre just on a wall, and no one really thinks about them. Hello everyone, and welcome to the DealMakers show. Alejandro: So, you got the blessing from the boss-in-house. To give you an idea of scale, weve been installed about 90 million times. Or, diving deep. Theres got to be a better way. We do a lot within the product to connect buyers to the right sellers. In this case, it led you to where you are today. It was event networking, but this led to your real first experience, which was Konnects Inc. Tell us about this. Okay, great. If you can imagine five guys sitting down in a room coding with just stuff everywhere, thats what our first office looked like. : I understand that you guys have raised quite a bit of money for the business, too. Greg Theer of Tacoma, Washington uses OfferUp to sell his unique clock and garden sculpture creations to help fund his sons college tuition. Its become a part of peoples daily lives that use it on an ongoing basis throughout the country. Van Veelen sees the mobile trend continuing in 2017. Find out how former world number one professional tennis player, writer, and politician Ilie Nstase earned his net worth. Nick Huzar Greater Seattle Area 2K followers 500+ connections Join to follow Articles by Nick Accomplishing One Of My 2021 Goals and Reflections As An Entrepreneur By Nick Huzar Jan 2, 2022. Its also a lot of work. I'm Nick Huzar, the cofounder of OfferUp, the largest local mobile marketplace in the U.S. On a monthly basis, I would watch billions of dollars worth of second hand goods exchange hands through the marketplace we started over a decade ago in 2011. nick huzar net worth 2020. nick huzar net worth 2020. Where do you hire? Within a year, year and a half, I was loving the internet. I think I knew, right out of the gate, what I wanted to do with my life, which was something involved with the internet. But if you peeled away the branding, you realized that under the hood, they all kind of functioned the same. Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own. Nick Huzar: During my Konnects experience? OfferUp has raised over $221 million from some of the smartest minds in technology and finance, including one of its most recent investors, Max Levchin, co-founder of PayPal and co-founder and chief executive officer of Affirm. In fact, in the early days, before we had a lot of traction, I used to show up to peoples houses, and I would buy their items, and I would stick them in our very small office that we had. : Definitely, you learned the sleeping on an air mattress and living in the office. We do a lot within the product to connect buyers to the right sellers. . Nicki Minaj's Net Worth (Updated 2023) | Wealthy Gorilla I played every different sport you can imagine, so that meant I wasnt great in any one thing. My parents threw me into a bunch of things as a kid. Nick Eh 30 Net Worth. OfferUp was created in 2011 by Nick Huzar, former co-founder and CTO of Konnects, Inc., and Arean van Veelen. There were thousands of them. How much money have you guys raised to date that is probably disclosed? I think Ive even learned that mistake early on at Konnects, but I think at OfferUp, we definitely made mistakes there too. One is core values, and the other is operating principles. San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley), This describes the type of investor the person is (e.g. We started very early, way before Friendster, way before Myspace. Thats something I definitely advise people to not do just given how much I learned through that. This is a BETA experience. You want to find the right people to believe in where youre going and are really motivated and excited about that. We were not paying ourselves. There were thousands of them. I need to have it. Youve got a job. Thats probably one of my biggest painful lessons from back then. March 20, 2020 Nick Huzar, CEO OfferUp 1745 114th Ave SE Bellevue, WA 98004 Dear Mr. Huzar: I write to express my concern about the prevalence of postings on third party platforms, such as yours, attempting to capitalize on the current public health crisis caused by novel coronavirus, or COVID-19.