The controller will make backups by default, but they are stored on the controller self. So I'll have to re-setup a new UniFi Controller and connect the AP to this the controller. My first thought was to leave everything else in place just like it is, but put the pfsense box in front of the UDM Pro. It may be necessary to migrate the UniFi Controller software due to required upgrades or changes in the network environment. NOTE: In most cases, it will take several minutes for the DNS change to propogate. The next step is you've got to migrate the access points you have today to the new Raspberry Pi controller. Privacy Policy. Create a new site on the new controller that is named the same as the old site (if one was used) by clicking theCurrent Sitedrop-down menu and selecting theAdd New Siteselection. Use this guide: https://lazyadmin.nl/home-network/unifi-set-inform/. linuxserver/unifi-controller - LinuxServer.io Backup the configuration on the source UniFi Controller by navigating to theSettings,Maintenance,Backupand clicking theDownload Backupbutton. Thanks for contributing an answer to Server Fault! Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. To do so: First, find the domain name of your new controller. Scroll all the way down and click on Export Site. I am very interested in having better insight as to what each device is doing when it talks to the internet. Click the Confirm button once download of backup is complete. See how to change between the different user interfaces in UniFi with our guide. What about changing the inform url? I've seen a few posts asking how to migrate to a new controller. I have tried everything suggested in the documentation, to no avail. For Option A, contact our support team to update the TLS certificate on your controller with your custom domain name. How do I move Unifi AP to a new controller? - KnowledgeBurrow.com Importing sites on new controllers that are running version 6.4 on higher is a little bit different. Click Download the Site Export File to download the file that contains the site configuration to be imported into the controller you are migrating to. Navigate to the controller address via a browser and complete the setup steps. Why not do a full backup/restore of UniFi? Next, select the devices that are to be migrated over by ticking the boxes next to each one, or select the entire list by ticking first checkbox. It has to be performed via restoring a backup, however various issues encountered (for the basic user): 1. finding my locally hosted controller > via https://localhost:8080 You want to migrate a self-hosted Network application to a UniFi OS Console. In the 'Console Inform URL', enter in your 'Hostname' which can be found from the HostiFi portal, at app.hostifi.com. It can take a couple of seconds for them to show up. Open your new controller and click on Import Site in the top bar. However, it used to break itself out into three separate listings in its controller. For these steps you have two choices: Download and install directly the official Debian package from the website. Restore the backup file on your hosted controller. I would also say that I have acquired the "Next Generation Gateway Pro" device that's still in the EA store. UniFi Controller Setup. Have any of you done this? Migrate Ubiquiti UniFi Controller to a New Server - Sikich LLP Click on the 'Current Site' drop down to reveal this menu. I have a USG-Pro, CloudKey2, switches & a bunch of AP-Pros). We can now start the sync of our backup files. Browse to the backup transferred from the source controller and follow the prompts to restore the configuration. The following steps will migrate the devices. UNIFI supports Automated user provisioning. Exporting a site using the method described in this article will create a new site in your Controller. Office-AP-BZ.5.43.52# set-inform https://192.168.200.13:8080/inform. Cookie Notice Settings > System > Backup - Restore Backup, click Import. Site export files do not contain controller level details such as user accounts. He also has actively worked in cybersecurity developing assessment and testing methodologies for his clients. Now that you've logged in, your new Raspberry Pi controller can be accessed at any time from https://unifi.ubnt.com - nice! He holds several certifications from industry leaders including Cisco, Microsoft, Citrix, and SonicWall. What are the pitfalls? Everything about Unifi site migration to another controller. Some differences from your guide that Ive noted: * To check version, under your Requirements to Migrate Unifi Controller section. In this step, we are . How To Migrate/Move Ubiquiti Unifi Access Point to a New Controller You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. Installing the UniFi Controller on the Raspberry Pi - Pi My Life Up Restore the backup file on your hosted controller. On the Ubiquiti downloads page you can find the Debian package to install the controller. Looks like CK has died so we decided to get a UDM-Pro to replace the USG, CK combo. # Migrating Sites with Site Export - Cloud UniFi You will need to wait until all the devices are connected before we can continue. I need to do this kind of migration, but Ive lost the password to the primary administrator account on the existing controller. Make sure you have selected the correct site in the top bar2. Change the INFORM address on the NEW controller (Settings ==> Controller hostname/ip) to the NEW controller IP/hostname (set the checkbox Overwrite INFORM host with . First, log into your existing UniFi controller and click on the 'Settings' wheel. Function. If you import a site into the New User Interface it will actually delete all other sites. In this case, the new controller has an hostname of example.cloudunifi.com. I switched hosts for my docker containers. After adopting it into your local UniFi controller, you can migrate the site to HostiFi and move the devices to specific sites for a site migration you can follow this guide we have made. Try again. Dit is een netwerkmanagementcontroller waarmee een netwerkomgeving op basis van UniFi-hardware. 6. Johns operational expertise includes complex network design and implementation (routing, switching, wireless, and security) with Cisco, Meraki, Juniper, and HPE Aruba networking equipment. 10. How do I get the Legacy or Classic User Interface back? I notice it does not do this anymore. (settings, controller, controller hostname/ip). Refresh the page, check. You can check this article to see if you can reset the password in MongoDB. > https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/218850057 Tutorial: Azure Active Directory integration with UNIFI Now click the Migrate devices button. Add UNIFI from the gallery To configure the integration of UNIFI into Azure AD, you need to add UNIFI from the gallery to your list of managed SaaS apps. This link helped me when I migrated a few months back. 2) In the process the initial address shows http:// xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx but the original (and the new one) are set up using httpS:// it gave me the option to migrate and I THINK I saw it change to https:// but figure its worth noting. you provided a public IP address or something) you would have to stick with the comments above. Migrating Unifi Access Points. So I got to the Migrating part but it failed. There is a nice wizard for this process under the site page, Export Site. Based on my research so far, a backup of the old system and restore to the new UDM (after initial setup and update to latest firmware and Network v7.0.23) looks like the way to go. This would be my ideal scenario. Issues migrating Unifi Controler to syno NAS - SynoForum.com Settings > System > Backup select "Settings Only" and download a backup of your UniFi Network Application. I had to do step 3 (switch off new settings) on the destination site as well, otherwise the site switcher doesnt work as described. I didnt think I needed to do anything on the CK-Gen2 (mainly just adjust the UniFi OS settings via Portal on the UDM-Pro), but Im guessing to pick up the settings for Protect, I will need to restore the backup to the UDM-Pro/Protect to get all of my settings/config/users, etc? You only need to create the admin credentials or connect them with your Ubiquiti account. How to migrate unifi controller I've seen a few posts asking how to migrate to a new controller. Username: This is the device authentication username from step 1. For more information, please see our Step 3 needs a small edit. Why is there a voltage on my HDMI and coaxial cables? From this Export Site Wizard you will be prompted to download a new backup, click Download backup file. Settings > System > Backup - Restore Backup, click Import. You can't forget the UDM Pro because it's all one box. I hate spam to, so you can unsubscribe at any time. 4. Using Kolmogorov complexity to measure difficulty of problems? All the devices should be listed there with the status provisioning. IP Address: 192.168.200.8 This way all your settings are migrated. Error: Network error: Unexpected token G in JSON at position 0. Im thinking just do a fresh config, but I do have an old backup of 5.12.xx from about 2 years agoany advice? Did any DOS compatibility layers exist for any UNIX-like systems before DOS started to become outmoded? I don't want to bork anything tonight and not be able to straight plug in to fix it. Do I turn off new user interface and Import on PC 2 or just do a restore? I do want to keep a controller alive and active though, as I would like to be able to monitor my APs, switches and the whatnot. Migrate your UniFi servers to HostiFi with the site migration wizard, Learn how to export your existing UniFi site from a Cloud Key or another UniFi controller to HostiFi, how to change between the different user interfaces. In my case, since the controller is located on the cloud, I am using a subdomain: unifi.example.com. Two items that were different for me. This is the easiest method to migrate your Unifi network to a new controller. Settings -> Maintenance -> Backup is the right backup to take. Ubiquity Unifi wont accept login after migration - Server Fault Upload the file from earlier in this guide, when we downloaded the backup file from the old UniFi controller. To run the UniFi Controller software on Azure, follow these steps: Create new Virtual Machine (VM) resource Give the VM a name, region, resource group, Windows Server 2016 Datacenter image, and choose the smallest size (I chose standard B1s). To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. It comes with one downside, you will have 2 sites in the new controller, the default site (which will be empty) and your migrated site. Thank you! Is it plausible for constructed languages to be used to affect thought and control or mold people towards desired outcomes? Understand that you may need to issue the command multiple times to complete the re-association. Issues migrating Unifi Controler to syno NAS NAS Newbie 30. There are at least 3 ways you can migrate UniFi controller settings to a new controller software. You can, however, move your Unifi Controller to another device, I'm not sure how the UDM Pro shows up after that (it shouldn't since it can't be hosted by another controller). But somewhere along the way the Unifi system started regressing. Was a nervous few moments but went without a hitch. You can do that. The version is now displayed directly on the Settings menu at the bottom. Once the new site has been created the backup can be restored. You will now need to SSH into every single device and update their INFORM configuration. While I do love the simplicity and elegance of the Unifi dashboard, I feel like pfSense is much better suited to my needs and to my desire to tinker, modify, test, learn, and make my networks better. Ubiquiti Unifi Controller on FreeNAS | TrueNAS Community Setting up the UniFi software on a Raspberry Pi is a fairly straightforward process as it just relies on the multi-platform Java runtime to run. This process can work to/from any type of UniFi Network Controller including locally hosted controllers, Cloud Keys, Dream Machines and UniFi Cloud Controllers as long as the new controller's version is the same or newer than the source controllers version. Shutdown the old one, DONE! I was using a none email username in the original configuration, so forgot password doesnt help. The problem is that my software controller (running on MacOS) is 6.4.54 whereas the CloudKey comes with 6.1.71 and does not detect any later firmware updates. And how will the inform URL be updated? Your support helps running this website and I genuinely appreciate it. Log in to your UniFi Network Cloud application in your browser (Google Chrome is recommended). Next, log into our your HostiFi UniFi controller. 5.5.24 -> 5.5.24 and This link helped me when I migrated a few months back. Once the site export wizard has completed with success, the devices will be configurable in the new controller. Since the default site cannot be deleted, the Controller would have two sites (as minimum). There are plenty of "versus" threads that I've come across here and elsewhere, and as I've already said, there are several threads discussing how to have both pfsense and a USG live together nicely on the same network but I just haven't seen much for going the other way 'round. If you have only a single site, then export as described, and import using the backup / restore step for 6.4 and higher. I always try to make my reviews, articles and how-to's, unbiased, complete and based on my own expierence. In the initial set up of the new controller I used the restore from backup. Finding Unifi Controller Logs. I understand that I cannot remove it from itself, but I do not want to remove it from itself. I tried these versions Adoption request sent to https://192.168.200.13:8080/inform. The UniFi AP that was previously connected to that controller is still working normally. The only thing that didnt transfer was all my history for data usage on my devices. The last step for the migration is to forget the devices in the old controller. How To Transfer Unifi Controller To Another Computer Thoughts? Same, haven't needed YET. PGID=1000. I've migrated a existing Unifi Controller to another server. Open the site selector in the top left and select the Import Site option: Enter a name for the the site. Setting up a cloud server to run UniFi Controller Upon transitioning to the private sector, he delivered technical training on foundational networking technologies including switching and routing as a Certified Cisco Systems Instructor (CSSI). Migrate UniFi AP to new UniFi Controller (without losing settings) Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. You can register an account here https://account.ui.com/register Keep the default settings As there are no devices to setup, press Next Skip the WiFi setup Review the configuration and press Finish Apologies for my delayed response. Migrating Unifi Site to a new Controller - Download - 4shared It may be necessary to migrate the UniFi Controller software. To migrate the Unifi Controller to a new server, download the new controller software and install it on the new server. Thanks for the share. This tool is ideal for high-density deployments that required low latency and high uptime. Unifi covers up too many things. IP Address: 192.168.200.8 So now devices are disconnected on old, and still offline on new. Migrating the Unifi Controller will only take a couple of minutes. We have 2 APs across our MPLS on different subnets (respectively) that have gone into "disconnected" status and I cannot adopt them. I would assume its trying to use my username and password from the original configuration, but thats not working. Option B. But to do this, I would need to disable NAT, would I not? for UserID - see below for explanation. Server Fault is a question and answer site for system and network administrators. Within seconds of running the set-inform command the second time, you should see the status of the AP change to "Upgrading" (if a firmware update is applicable) and then to "Provisioning". run a Restore From Backup on the new controller (6.1.71 running on Cloud-Key Gen 2) After turning off the windows controller (first disabling the unifi controller process in taskmanager, then deinstall the controller), all was fine in the new CloudKey G2 Plus. Recently I went to check on his network and could not connect. edit: is this as simple as setting a default route on the UDM Pro somewhere? Ubiquiti Networks heeft een stabiele versie vrijgegeven van UniFi, met 6.1.71 als versienummer. Next, the UniFi controller will pick up our currently connected devices. Finally, with the newer controller version, I could restore from a backup. It makes sense to do a full backup/restore if: All of your existing UniFi sites are connected to one server, All UniFi devices connect to the server using a DNS name you control. LazyAdmin.nl is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies at no expense to you. The migration wizard is easier because it allows you to migrate the devices to the new server without changing any DNS records. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? Are there any other differences I should look for when restoring the backup on the cloud key / UDM Pro? You can then use the method above to restore each site. This article will explain in detail how to use the UniFi backup and restore to move your configuration from one Controller to another. If you dont want this, then your only option is to use the backup and restore method. The "Inform URL" is what tells your UniFi devices the location of their UniFi Network application controller. UniFi is a range of network devices created by Ubiquiti. A backup/restore only works one time. * Export the current site, under your Migrate Unifi Controller to New Server section. In this article we will cover several scenarios with steps on how to handle the migration. I did export both backup and site into new laptop but while migrating via wizzard scenario I sent decivice into wrong IP address. In 7.1.66, there doesnt seem to be the option to disable New Settings. Unifi Controller Backup and Restore Suffice to say this is the only way to really manage any migration process. IMPORTANT: Please ensure you are using a controller level backup file and not a site export file. Can I tell police to wait and call a lawyer when served with a search warrant? After the firmware are up to date, take a backup from the Network and Protect application. Folks are upgrading their server or moving to new hardware. My questions were in preparation for the next time, which hasnt happened yet!