It is best to show that you can work with various management styles. Focus on describing what you like most about the job and provide your reason why. Had to do a task, too. One time a situation did not go the way you expected, How would you deal with a customer complaint, when in the past have I shown time management, Tell me an example of when you received a good customer service, describe your experience and how would you apply that experience to working in this company. Answer dates might appear two to three weeks before they were published. We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. My criminal record is clean, but I did have poor credit two years ago. While the interviewer would prefer someone with experience, the question asks if you are a creative person capable of creating attractive displays. The interviewer asks this question to see what type of employee you will be if hired. Very detailed o line application process. They have approx 230 branches across the company and are still expanding. Interviews. Q9. At all times when dealing with a customer complaint I would remain calm, listen to their complaint, apologise if necessary and put a plan in place to resolve the issues quickly and efficiently. Common stages of the interview process at Waitrose according to 7 Glassdoor interviews include: Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you. ", "Thank you for asking. PassMyInterview, Suite 4, 2 Mount Sion, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1UE. In my opinion, the Waitrose brand is synonymous with quality and outstanding customer care. You had a group task to do, and then an individual interview with a manager. ", "I do not require performance incentives to do a great job. Hurts discussed many things in the video, but the most . We coach each other on sales techniques and share success stories. "I am more than willing to cover a shift for a coworker if possible. I communicate effectively with diverse groups and know how to bring out the best in people. TIP #1 Waitrose are renowned for high-quality goods and services and pride themselves on being an outstanding employer and customer service provider. My math skills are strong, and I am confident I can meet your expectations regarding accepting customer payments. Last year my earnings were ?52,000, and I would like to stay in the same range or slightly higher based on my years of experience in this industry. I did not rate myself higher because I feel everyone can improve their skills as no one is perfect.". Focus on asking questions specific to the role you are interviewing for or the company culture and work environment. All of our products and resources are protected by our 30-day no questions asked money back guarantee. If the interviewer deems your absence from work an excused and unavoidable reason to miss work, it will likely not be an issue. I am also open to additional hours when I am not engaged in my college classes and coursework.". This has been the GREATEST tutorial for me while preparing for my 'Behavioral' interview. Think back to when you were racing others to achieve the highest sales, working towards a promotion, or eagerly trying to win a new contract. Full Suggested Answer & Detailed Response, Question 5, Focus on giving the exact number of days you missed work and why. My references describe me as honest, dependable, energetic, and compassionate. I did not miss one work day last year or the year before. I was invited to a teams online call to talk with a manager, and basically have a virtual interview. Application. "There are many aspects of the job description that are appealing. ), UPDATE: I got the job offer.THANKS Richard . To make yourself stand out, thank the interviewer at the beginning of your response for letting you ask questions. What is the interview process like at Waitrose? I feel this job is right for me, at this point in my career, because it offers an opportunity for me to utilize my recent education in Communication while allowing me to advance in my management skills. No pressure at all. I always try to arrive 15 minutes early, but unforeseen circumstances can arise. Interview. I think I have enough experience in retail to understand what attracts customers and prompts them to purchase. 304 questions and/or answers were updated by Krista Wenz on September 13th, 2022. What I like most about this position is being in charge of training new employees and conducting annual performance evaluations. "Currently, I earn a base salary of ?45,000 per year plus a potential 20% annual bonus. Followed by some behavioural questions then a general chat about availability etc. Assure the interviewer that you can be trusted while describing what your most recent employer would say about your character and integrity. The complaint steps literally saved me for my interview earlier, thank you!!:). Purchase the full package below for just 4.99 to download the answer to this and all of the interview questions featured on this page! The interview process was easy and enjoyable. If you have examples of displays you have created, be sure to share that with the interviewer now. Our Update History for Waitrose. Interviews at Waitrose Experience Positive 64% Negative 9% Neutral 27% Getting an Interview Applied online 100% Difficulty 2.9 Average Hard Average Easy Interviews for Top Jobs at Waitrose Supermarket Assistant (378) Sales Assistant (86) Customer Assistant (79) Customer Service Assistant (61) See more interviews for top jobs Went for interview and we as given a written test of how you would sell to certain people then asked 3 questions which I thought were completely over the . If this happened on my way to work, I would call ahead of time to ensure someone could cover my shift. ChloeO. Before your interview, you must review the company's job description to give yourself a keen understanding of the qualities they desire in their successful candidate. Waitrose Interview Questions If you are looking for Waitrose Interview Questions you have come to the right place. You want to avoid saying you have nothing to learn from Waitrose. Transparency is the best choice when salary-based questions arise. Yes! If I were an associate, I would report the incident according to company protocol. You might wrap it up by sharing that you are customer-focused, have a proven employment record, and have excellent references. Merely share that you have the means to get to work consistently and on time. Let the interviewer know you are aware of the need for a flexible schedule and that you can work any schedule they need. After identifying three qualities that make you an excellent fit for the role, explain why these qualities will benefit Waitrose if hired. MORE TESTIMONIALS FROM OUR SUCCESSFUL CUSTOMERS. Q8. All interview questions are created by MockQuestions.com and are not official interview questions for any organization listed on MockQuestions.com. Was quite a while ago now. We do not have advertisements on our pages but we do try to make money through paid-memberships. Your five core values speak volumes and are what made me want to apply to your company. Full Suggested Answer & Detailed Response, Question 10, Company Information. If you are interviewing for a leadership position, they want to hear how you handle the issue with the employee. After describing the environment you dislike working in, end your response on a positive note. We have a set of five values that were created by Partners, for Partners, to explain what it means to be a Partner and what makes a great one. Be the first to find this interview helpful. You may have a portfolio or even photos on your phone to share. Most people are enthused about being rewarded for their successes. ", "I understand this role will include working evenings, weekends, and holidays. Had to do a task, too. Sent to your email inbox within seconds of your order being placed. Get started with your Free Employer Profile, The Ultimate Job Interview Preparation Guide. I'm 17 and after reading other peoples experiences on here, I thought I would post mine just to help others So I applied online and got an email asking whether I would like to go for a group . "My most recent employer and all others would say that I have strong character and always choose honesty first. It is incredibly important to research the company's core values and mission statement before your interview. Be open and honest. To help you prepare for a Waitrose job interview, here are 40 interview questions and answer examples. I take an evening college course on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I would not be available those days after 5 PM. After assuming a management position, our turnover rate decreased by 30%. My written communication skills are exceptional, as well.". "My ideal employer brings charisma and passion to their work. Full Suggested Answer & Detailed Response, Question 7, 2023 PassMyInterview.com. First is the psychometric tests followed by a group interview and then a solo interview. One time a situation did not go the way you expected, How would you deal with a customer complaint, Asked how I would deal with workplace situations, Tell us about a time you adapted your style to suit someone else. Super nice interviewer and easy questions. Thank you so much for this!Honestly this information gave me a sense on how to handle my interview as well as improve my interview skills. "I am very comfortable working independently, but I also enjoy collaborating with others in a team environment. In my current position, we have a leaderboard, and I like that concept because it creates a healthy bit of personal competition for me as well. This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. The hiring manager wants you to rate your skills from 1-10. I would tell my manager immediately. The Most Cliche Interview Responses and What To Say Instead, How To Approach Difficult Leadership Questions. The hiring process at Waitrose takes an average of 19 days when considering 1,343 user submitted interviews across all job titles. First undertook an online situational assessment, then was invited to a group interview. Full Suggested Answer & Detailed Response, Question 6, FREE 30 days access to our BESTSELLING online Interview Training Course! Instead of making it seem like the supervisor was at fault for not communicating in the manner you would have liked, let the interviewer know that you try to find a way to communicate that you both understand. There is a fine balance between being accommodating and being a pushover. During my research in preparation for this interview, I studied your website, and I have been especially concentrating on your customer service guidelines. Really welcoming and straightforward, the interviewer was friendly. We hire professional interviewers (people with multiple years of experience interviewing candidates) to help us create our interview questions and write answer examples. I have an excellent letter of recommendation if you would like a copy for your records. However, you want to avoid giving yourself a 10, as there is always room for improvement of any skill. So far, we have seen a 56% decline in the overall loss.". Explain to the interviewer what your ideal employer looks like so they can determine if you will be a good fit for the company culture. The interview process was easy and enjoyable. Waitrose Interview Process. Tasks required are mainly focused on show how you can organize stuff. GET ALL 12 QUESTIONS AND UNIQUE ANSWERS TO THE WAITROSE INTERVIEW, PLUS FREE 30-DAY ACCESS TO OUR ONLINE INTERVIEW TRAINING COURSE, Question 1, Rather than going to my manager with the complaint, I offered to take on some of her workload so she would have the time to complete the schedule. You want to be honest in your response without sounding needy. Most retail positions require a wide range of hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime, and split shifts. Stupidly hard questions for the role - it was like I was interviewing to be CEO. This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. What specifically has attracted you to Waitrose and why do you think you would be a good fit for this role? ULTIMATE Online Interview Training Course Order today and youll also get a 30-day free trial to our bestselling online interview training course designed to boost your success at interview! I have worn uniforms in three past jobs and like that they help customers identify who works for the company and display a high level of professionalism.". ", "I rate myself an 8 out of 10. How would you manage food temperature in the freezers/ fridges? Waitrose was updated by Krista Wenz on September 13th, 2022. Be specific, and be sure to keep the conversation positive. It was great.". Let the interviewer know if you have not worked in a competitive work environment. After this discusses hours I was available to work and when I could start. Most places I have worked for have policies in place for these types of scenarios, and I am happy to follow the procedures put in place by Waitrose.". Remember having related work experience will put you ahead of the competition. What would you consider when dealing with them and why? Contact us here. (You can also mention Heston, which is a premium range of Waitrose products, inspired or created by Heston Blumenthal) 2. Was one on one and answered about the job I was the given scenarios on the shop and had to put jobs in priority order. I have three copies of performance reviews and letters of recommendation for your file if you would like them. I interviewed at Waitrose. Yes, I do have a couple of questions. I am easily encouraged, and my best reward is knowing that my hard work is noticed. I am excited to work for Waitrose because of the flexibility you offer students and the growth potential. ", "I have been in an unofficial leadership role for the past three years. Assure the interviewer that you can handle a situation like this with poise while keeping the customer happy and the needs of the company in mind as well. You cannot force others to communicate with you in a way you would always prefer. Many retail-based organizations require their employees to wear a uniform. Candidates applying for Customer Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Supermarket Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 19 days). When responding, back up why you would like your requested salary based on your skills and experience. I love how you place high standards on animal welfare, environmental responsibility, and the well-being of the communities where you operate. I interviewed at Waitrose, Online assessment Group assessment looking at priority of tasks of a typical day and customer service tasks 1 to 1 interview asking uniform sizes and working availability, questions about hobbies and previous experience. I do my best always to be available and present when expected.". Expert responses that you can use during your interview. "Whenever I have had a supervisor who does not properly communicate with me, I try to learn their communication style and emulate it. If you were fired, they want to know if you will admit why you were fired, if you take responsibility, and what you learned from the experience. It felt good to help, and I do not mind helping others when needed. I am prepared to express my interest through hard work and taking on leadership duties as you feel I am ready. You want to focus on being positive in your response. The interview process was easy and enjoyable. Candidates applying for Shop Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 5 days), whereas Hospitality Partner roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 21 days). We do not claim our questions will be asked in any interview you may have. Assure the interviewer that you can commit to a wide range of hours. I have worked in retail for five years and have worked independently and with other team members, depending on where I worked. Describe a time when you managed multiple tasks all at once? Understanding the company's views on leadership will help you see if your leadership style will fit the company culture. I applied online. Retail and customer service-based roles often require diplomacy when working with the public. I have an interview today ill update you on how i do :). Applied online and passed the online assessment. No pressure at all. ", "Just yesterday, I had a customer make a purchase and noticed that she was struggling with her bags. Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at. Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you. I was late to work only once last year due to a snowstorm that stalled all of our employees' commutes - including those with personal vehicles. ", "I am able to commit to the hours as shown in the job description and am available outside of college times. My dad got rear-ended one time when driving me to school. ", "The store where I currently work is a family-run shop where they operated based on trust and didn't have a loss prevention plan. All the questions featured were asked during my interview and on the next day I received a phone call telling me Im hired. It was fast and easy, asked several questions and had a group part before. There were scenario based questions but with lots of others stemming off them. Can you describe the management style here? I have a letter of recommendation from my previous employer highlighting these skills and have a copy if you would like to see it. How would you deal with a customer complaint in one of our stores whilst working for Waitrose? I had my interview yesterday, and I did great! I went through a nasty divorce, and our house went into foreclosure. Which all went well. If you have worked in another industry, describe your job's most challenging and favorite parts. I am a social person and enjoy making my customers happy.". The interviewer wants to know why you left your last job to see if you were fired, gave notice, or were laid off. I always strive to be a team player and help my employer and coworkers when needed.". This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. Waitrose Interview Questions. "I would be very excited about obtaining a role in leadership within Waitrose in the future. They asked basic questions which were simple and easy to answer. I was taught to treat others as I want to be treated, which is what I do daily.". Thank you for asking. We worked together for a couple of overtime hours that day and were able to catch her up on everything. Was asked a variety of questions on how I would or had dealt with past situations with customers and colleagues. Read our Terms of Use for more information. And second, are there any required qualifications you do not see on my resume?". 9 answers. Have a question or concern? I gave my two weeks' notice and left on good terms. Even if the hiring manager describes their management style, it does not mean every manager will lead the same way. I am energetic, dependable, honest, and have a strong work ethic. I like to know that my efforts are noticed from time to time. The purpose of this page is to help you prepare for your job interview. The result has been a positive work environment with healthy competition. The way you answer will show the interviewer if you are a self-starter or if you will require constant supervision. The process took 2 weeks. 11 years ago. You are the tops! They asked basic questions which were simple and easy to answer. Be sure to avoid sounding self-righteous in your answer. 5 TIPS FOR PASSING THE WAITROSE INTERVIEW! We have eliminated all risk for you. It's okay to discuss your hobbies and interests but keep it brief. They will think that it is respectful and it shows you have good manners. Full Suggested Answer & Detailed Response. 4 answers . The interviewer asks this question to see what work environment you dislike to see if you will be a good fit for the company culture. Dates shown above are approximate. They manager was kind and understanding. Employees interested in future leadership roles generally have a strong work ethic and are more motivated to succeed than their coworkers. The interviewer wants to ensure that all your questions about the company or job role are answered during the interview. Here we. Perhaps you helped your manager with their workload, offered to help a customer with their purchases, or covered a shift for a coworker when they had a sudden, unexpected family emergency. Describe a stressful situation at work and how you handled it? Candidates interviewing for Supermarket Assistant and Hospitality Partner rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Delivery Driver and Shop Assistant roles were rated as the easiest. ALWAYS: We're quirky, proud and at our best when we are free to be ourselves.WE NOT ME: When we work together anything is possible.Be sure to memorize these values before your interview so you can answer this question with ease. I was very proud of the suggestion that I made, and that upper management and my manager had the confidence in me to make the change. Felt like a formality rather than a real test of an interview. After describing what you have learned, explain why Waitrose stands out more than other companies.