", "The crew is very nice and try to make the flight experience easier. Crew doesnt speak good English", "For such a LONG flight, grateful to ask Turkish Airlines to make available bigger aircrafts. Dinner + Breakfast vouchers would also have been nice compared to the 15$ food voucher", "Our flight crew were great. Decent food, considering how many people they were serving. Ear sets would not stay connected. The shuttle service provided took another hour at 2am! ", "There was nothing to like, attendants were rude, seating was horrible, No room, no snacks, counter persons were even worse, tried to contact virgin australia over 12 times for booking confirm and itinerary, no replies ever, none from HQ in Brisbane. Also, it was like 9-10pm local time by this point so dinner made no sense! We did leave a piece of luggage on the plane so hoping that things turn out okay. ", "Getting off the stinky airplanepeeyoo! The flight was delayed 40 min so I arrived later and I was removed from the flight. The seats were average. Food wasn't okay and red wine on flight from Heathrow was delicious. Crew agreed; the airlines need to be put on notice. Canada is an important market forScotland,and I am sure these routes will be welcomed by both business travellers and tourists in both our countries. ", "Ice weather and flight cancelled, but they waited until the last minute to cancel it. Norvic Motel. Got us where we needed to be without incident. So impressed that actually called home to tell others to make sure they booked through Turkish airline for their travel next month! That means you can count on us to bring you the right flight at the right price. Staff ok.", "Istanbul airport is so overpriced, crowded and small. As we continue to rebuild our international network, were pleased tooffer our guestsnewoptions to connectvia our Toronto hubfor business and leisuretotheseincrediblecities, said John Weatherill, WestJet Chief Commercial Officer. Welcome back Virgin. Airline partner WestJet has announced plans to reinstate its Glasgow Airport Halifax route from 3 May 2022 along with a new direct service to Toronto. There were plent of seats on this flight that had extended legroom. ", "Crew great, boarding at Nice very organised, boarding in Amsterdam not so organised! ", "Food customer service touchcreen tablet in each seat. Details of WestJet's new services between Toronto and Scotland: *New WestJet destination Additional quotes Get all Latest News about flights glasgow cork, Breaking headlines and Top stories, photos & video in real time And questions remain over Toronto- Edinburgh (launched in June 2022; 3 weekly 737 MAX 8). ". No hotel, no connection flight for 4 days to Montreal to finish the journey. Also the touch screen media app does not work well on Lufthansa. If you're looking for cheap flights to Glasgow, Scotland from Toronto, WestJet is your trusted source. Not happy! My seat charger didnt work :(", "Crew were wonderful when I was nauseous from turbulence", "Meals were excellent and plane was very clean. WestJet celebrates addition of direct flights between Saskatoon and Minneapolis, Airlines strategic growth plan brings vital investment to enhance provincial opportunity for business and leisure travel through summer schedule, WestJet announces largest network expansion from Edmonton in airlines history, New transborder routes connecting Edmonton with Minneapolis and Seattle along with increased access across Canada underpins continued expansion of Albertas global aviation network, WestJet brings new U.S. destinations and enhanced domestic connectivity to summer schedule. Seat is also quite narrow--feels quite claustrophobic when sleeping. The flight crew created a warm atmosphere on what was a very cold morning. Glasgow (GLA) Mar 20, 2023 - Apr 10, 2023. Prices and availability are subject to change. One of my suitcases (zipper) opened on the conveyor belt, maybe it was tossed? Nothing other than snacks. The following is a list of destinations currently served by WestJet, WestJet Encore and WestJet Link. We also believe that our passengers shouldn't get less simply because they pay less, and that's why we're committed to offering affordable air travel that comes complete with exemplary customer service. 5.61 km from downtown, Fort Myers. Once we arrived in Istanbul I asked AGAIN if my carry-on luggage was here or if it would be in Venice and I was told it would be in Venice. WestJet currently offers service to two Scottish destinations with service from Toronto to Edinburgh and Glasgow and flights between Halifax and Glasgow. Turning the seat into a lay flat bed (and returning it seat at the end of the flight) takes some effort--not the simplest of processes. Overall experience is extremely bad. Best time to beat the crowds with an average 4% drop in price. Staff was very unprofessional and not very friendly. Ow fly direct to LAX without going through Brisbane and Sydney. ", "I did not like the seat assignment. The overall experience was exceptional. You can then pick the flights that suit you best. ", "The boarding was very organised and the crew very friendly. Before the pandemic, Canada was one of our top international markets for visitors and growing. With the additionofEdinburgh to the airlinesinternationalnetwork,service between Toronto (YYZ) and Edinburgh (EDI) is set to operate three-times weekly effective June 2, 2022, while service between Toronto and Glasgow (GLA) will operate four-times weekly as of May 20,2022. Heavy snow covered parts of upstate New York, on Saturday, March 4, causing power outages in some areas, said National Grid US.This footage posted by Joseph Frascati on Saturday morning shows snow falling over woodland in Chili, a suburb of Rochester in Monroe County.The National Weather Service said the winter weather, including snow, sleet and ice, would taper off into Saturday afternoon . If that isn't bad enough midway through my nine hour flight my monitor went out and would not turn back on. A SEAMLESS TRAVEL JOURNEY Delta and WestJet connect guests in over 25 cities across North America, including key airports in ATL, LAX, NYC, YYZ, YYC and YVR. Prices may not reflect real-time pricing or availability. These aircraft were initially plagued with problems as spare parts were more difficult to come by, leading to messy flight delays and cancelations. ", "They lost my luggage, and this is not the first time either", "The crew is really not aware of how to deal with passengers of various levels. Our luggage was left behind alongside many others whod transferred from another Lufthansa flight. I am an explorer holder my self, but really?? Its lactose free not flavour free", "I will never forget Turkish airlines again. Crew was super friendly, helpful and accommodating to us travelers w kids. Can never get the wireless entertainment system to work. I also welcome the use ofWestJetslatest generation aircraft that will help minimise carbon emissions. I asked the steward to move me he just shrugged his shoulders and said there was nowhere else. Glasgow (GLA) May 02, 2023 - May 09, 2023. By using the WestJet website, you agree to the website terms of use, the privacy policy, and the use of cookies. You may qualify for a WestJet Cargo account. Even then she was not satisfied, she abused me the whole flight damaged the screen so I could not use it until the steward fixed it. ", "Some meal choices were a bit sparse. They don't seem to have the sense of responsibility", "Down to Level G to check in, worked out OK. Security was good and easy. Flights from GCM to YYZ are operated 7 times a week, with an average of 1 flight per day. We look forward to welcomingWestJetto Edinburgh and showing off our fantastic capital city and everything else that Scotland has to offer., The announcement today thatWestJetwill launch Toronto services direct into both Glasgow and Edinburgh in spring 2022 is hugely welcome for the recovery of Scotlands inbound tourism markets. [1] A WestJet 737-800 departing from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport WestJet destinations [ edit] WestJet Encore destinations [ edit] WestJet Link destinations [ edit] These cities are some of the worlds most vibrant and iconic destinations and we are working diligently as demand for international travel continues to ramp up, said John Weatherill, WestJet Chief Commercial Officer. From Toronto 1 stop from C$ 779 Search flights Top tips for finding cheap flights to Scotland Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price. This is filler text to meet the min. ), sitting at gate for 20minutes. ", "Excellent crew service & food/beverage offerings", "Great to watch live sports. One of the flight attendants reassured her until she stopped crying and calmed down. ", "When boarding the flight from Turkey, to Mumbai , we had to climb up the ladder with our hand luggage.Being senior citizen and traveling in Busniss class was very hard for us. ", "Flight was delayed 4 hours and resulted in missing FRA - DEL flight. A garden is provided and the front desk is staffed around-the-clock. Our culture of caring isn't just found at the airport or in-flight; it also encompasses the communities we fly to and the people within them. ", "Great crew, especially on a long-haul flight. With Canada now a green list destination, making it easier for Canadians to visit, this adds further grounds for optimism for the return of one of Scotlands key international markets, said Denise Hill, Head of Engagement, Visit Scotland. Seasonal start and end dates apply and are indicated in the booking flow. Most popular time to fly with an average 14% increase in price. Congratulations to WestJet on the launch of their new Edinburgh service which is very much welcomed by Scotlands tourism industry. No, seriously. Hotels; Flights; . Love the European hospitality. ", "Somewhere somehow you need to know that, although partners, Delta and West Jet do not share computer systems and that they are two completely different airlines. Scheduled: Feb 13. During the flight I was told there was no such request in their records and therefore I had to stay hungry for the entire duration of the flight. Youll notice our Healthy Airport commitment in action across all touchpoints of your airport journey, from parking, check-in and bag drop to shopping, dining and more., I welcomeWestJetscommitment to Scotland and the launch of their new services to Toronto from both Edinburgh and Glasgow Airports, said Graeme Day, Minister of Transport, Scotland. ", "Delta always tries to do the very best. So to sum up: I will never be flying to Venice ever again. Back To Top. The flight was an hour early! We look forward to welcoming more Canadians and global guests on board this summer as we continue to restore our network to pre-pandemic levels., The launch of this route is cause for celebration, not only because it connects our valued passengers with the capital of Scotland, but also because it rounds out WestJets European service for the summer at Toronto Pearson, says Janik Reigate, Director of Strategic Customer Relationships at the Greater Toronto Airports Authority. In addition, nature lovers often make the short journey to beautiful Loch Lomond, where snow-capped mountains and serene landscapes offer a relaxing alternative to the hustle and bustle of the big city. So when you think "cheap flights to Glasgow, Scotland", think WestJet. These flights will run with the following schedule: Toronto-Glasgow Departure time: 21:40 Arrival time: 09:10 (the next day) This is definitely my the worst flight I have experienced. This new service will open up Canada and Scotland to travellers from both countries, whether that be seeing family and friends for the first time in a while, strengthening business connections with existing and new partners, or just experiencing the fantastic sights and culture that these two amazing cities have to offer. It was incredible frustrating and could have very easily been avoided with communication from the airlines", "The Business - was The Business! (I've heard that many Europeans cannot stand Americans, but we were not being rude or obnoxious at all to anyone- we just wanted a quiet, romantic vacation.) Best bathrooms I have ever experienced on a large plane. Rest rooms were closed. When I am tea total she then continued to abuse me. I will not be using Air Canada or Turkish air until they can communicate between one another and provide at least average customer service. Seats at these fares are limited and may not be available on all flights. If we are to be treated as sardines, at least pack us in oil. On my longer flight from Amsterdam to New York City, there was a customer who was in distress about missing a previous flight and not making it to her connecting flight in New York. Plenty of leg room even for a tall person like myself (at least compared to other airlines). As the public begins to think about where their summer adventures will take them, WestJets suite of European destinations is the perfect choice for an unforgettable vacation.. ", "Flight went off pretty well. Additional terms apply. I weight about 11 stone (154 pounds) and even I felt like I was taking up a lot of room in my seat. This spring,guests on both sides of the Atlantic will benefit from more choices and lower fares whentravellingbetween Canada and Scotland.. WestJet. Whether you're visiting for business or to take in attractions like Merchant Square, the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall or the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, rest assured that you can get there swiftly and safely with WestJet. WestJet is relatively new to the long-haul market. The crew were very courteous. Not sure why, maybe a one time thing, but definitely very irritating. ", "Not enough room in the seats and not enough leg room. ", "Boarding was unorganized, nobody knew what was going on, but the biggest disappointment is there were no movies there are no video screens on the entire plane so unless you bring your own device and have pre-downloaded Air Canada app there are no entertainment options at all! This was my first time travel with Virgin Atlantic. 20:15. Foodies are well catered to thanks to an impressive selection of world-class restaurants, and Glasgow's nightlife has a well-earned reputation for its care-free vivacity. ", "There was no food or entertainment, but for such a short flight that's fine", "It's so confusing when they list Virgin and Delta interchangeably, when you're not exactly sure which you're going to get. ", "Entertainment system did not work part of the flight", "The breakfast, one piece of poundcake, that was the only highlight, and one decent size bathroom. Make WestJet your first and last stop in your search for cheap flights from Toronto to Glasgow, Scotland. Seat positions: very good leg room (even in economy)! Thanks to a team of merry WestJetters and the power of technology, we've learned that miracles really do happen. Please see our supported browsers. Between meal services crew is non existent. The flight attendants were rude (no greeting, no smiles). ", "Not flown with Delta in many years and impressed by the aircraft (A320), crew and customer service", "Check-in was a bit of a hassle as kiosk would not accept our details but agent was able to resolve the problem", "My economy window seat was just too cramped for a big guy on a nine hour flight", "My first leg flight was delayed and I booked through kayak on two different airlines and the first airline did not communicate with the second airline so 5 passengers ran to make the change and arrived 1 min after the jetbridge to get on the plane was pulled away. Major airline just cancelled all summer flights from Toronto to Europe. WestJet's newest transatlantic flight will operate during peak season, three-times weekly. Year-round, theres no shortage of festivals and events to be found in the city whether its Celtic Connections in the heart of winter or the mid-summer Merchant City Festival giving visitors the chance to experience local culture during any season. ", "Flight okay and staff attentive. They found our grandparents tickets but not ours. ", "Didn't get to Instanbul or my destination of Budapest. ", "I liked the touch screen displays in each headrest. We are delighted to welcome Andrew Cowell back to the Rail Consultancy team as a Principal Consultant. Fly Air Canada, voted "Best Airline in North America" by Skytrax and Global Traveler Magazine. Airport Details: To GLA, Glasgow International Airport. Toronto (YYZ) to. Announcements from the Capitan and chief of flight attendants are very informative and comforting. Flight booked from Montreal via Toronto to Huatulco. Flights from YYZ to GCM are operated 7 times a week, with an average of 1 flight per day. My vacation is cut short by this mess and my travel companions already in country are waiting on me to get their trip started. ", "Flight was smooth. High season is considered to be January, November and December. Morning departure is around 14% cheaper than an evening flight, on average*. No preboarding. But overall had good experience with KLM", "Information on arrival time was not correct", "The KLM crew are always great serving and treating you. Prices displayed above are subject to change and are not guaranteed until payment is made and accepted. Economy delight is definitely an upgrade worth considering with extra leg room and space in front of you in general. Our needs were constantly being met and just about the time you thought you might want a snack or a meal, the attendants were already heading down the aisle. Flight was delayed, without proper announcements. Getting your motorcycle back to Canada is more pricey, just as in previous years. The departure gate was overflowing in the waiting areas and the bus ride to the plane was very crowded. Then a rough landing in Minneapolis- plane brakes sharply and suddenly, shuddered to a taxi rate of speed. They tried to lie to me that they didn't have champagne but I saw them opening 2 bottle when I went to the front lavatory. The aviation industry has been severely impacted by COVID-19, so Im pleased to see these signs of connectivity recovering given the vital role the sector plays in our economy. ", "The fact is that it is illegal to pack Sardines at compact as you are packing us on your aluminum cans. Flight from Barcelona to Phoenix. I requested it to be reset several times and in spite of the hostess resetting it several times, it did not function. Very friendly. Exclusive guests - PAX included - gathered in Calgary, Alberta Monday (Dec. 5) to witness WestJet officials launch flights from Calgary to Tokyo, Japan, starting in April 2023. ", "The seat was not comfortable in economy. Good deal one-way. They then said we were no shows and cancelled all our remaining flights with no refund. Delta does It was a free for all with check in and getting into plane", "Night flight so no entertainment allowed sleeping", "Short, comfortable flight. ", "Wide selection of entertainment, food was good. The rest of the crew was top notch. All rights reserved. Find all of our great low fares in one place. ", "I was selected to seat near the window before departure dare unfortunately i found my self in the middle of the people, so dissapointed", "Everything. Find and book WS328 flight tickets on Trip.com. Hot Tea wasn't really hot.Just warm. Its new 787-9s, however, have been . Search for and track the flight status of WS328 from Toronto to St. John's: flight arrival and departure times, airport delays and airport information. ", "Crew was wonderful. ", "Very friendly and responsive crew. ", "Virgin Upper Class seats are cramped, with very limited stowage space. I wish Edinburgh Airport and WestJet every success with this service., Jenny Gilruth, Minster for Transport, Scotland. Went to their office at Pearson and they had no clue as well. ", "The dinner and breakfast were a bit disappointing, but not bad and not a deal breaker at all since the rest of the flight was wonderful. Proper food and drinks included as is the norm with international flights even though it's a very short haul. I had a comfortable flight and caught a great nap. Once we arrived in Venice, my luggage was nowhere to be found. KAYAK searches hundreds of travel sites to help you find cheap airfare and book the flight that suits you best. This route will be served with four flights per week. I wishWestJetand the airports every success with these routes., We know there is huge interest in North America and Canada in particular, so welcoming a fantastic airline likeWestJetto Edinburgh Airport is hugely exciting and we are glad to welcome them to Scotlands capital, said Gordon Dewar, Chief Executive of Edinburgh Airport.