Get the Shepherd's Pie with Tater Tots recipe at Accidental Happy Baker. Step 4: Layer in Dish Drain any excess oil from the pan; then add the meat to a bowl. 5-Ingredient ground beef casserole is one of those main dishes that even the pickiest eaters will love. The casserole was very easy to make, as well. Set the valve to seal and cook on high pressure . The noodles will finish cooking while the casserole bakes. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Easy, filling, and totally addictive, this sloppy joe casserole requires just one pot, one dish, and a handful of ingredients. Add the diced onion, sliced mushrooms, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, about 1/4 tsp salt, and some freshly cracked pepper to the skillet. Add taco seasoning, mushroom soup, beef broth, and Rotel tomatoes. 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained, 1 (8 ounce) package bow-tie pasta (farfalle), 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup. Pour this into a mixing bowl. Best paired with any roasted item. Ground beef can turn brown when it has been exposed to air for an extended period of time, whether in the fridge or at room temperature. Toss the noodles with the melted butter; set aside. Let me tell you, leftovers did NOT last long. I made this for the first time and kept it vegetarian by doubling the mushroom and leaving out the beef. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ab0e3ec2bc09b2957d9f473f83dba443" );document.getElementById("db6cea8004").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If you're trying to eat healthier this year, this easy casserole dish is for you. Add 1 Tbsp cooking oil to a large skillet along with 1/2 lb. Add onion slices and celery cook for 3-4 minutes until translucent and soft. Ground Beef and Potato Casserole | A Taste of Madness Pour beef mixture over chips. Lets not kill it completely. Stir in green beans and wild rice To Make the Casserole. Green Bean Casserole Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Directions. Quickly add all ingredients into the pot, stir well and add the lid. :). The Pioneer Woman participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Nutrition Facts Drain the fat off the meat. Most versions of this classic casserole include a can of tomato soup, a can of cream of mushroom soup, some sort of cheese, and usually no vegetables. It still has great flavor, but does have a different texture. All rights reserved. Ground Beef And Rice Casserole Recipe | CDKitchen.com Budget Bytes Recipes Meat Recipes Beef Recipes Beef and Mushroom Country Casserole. There are a few key points. Welcome to my farmhouse kitchen in the foothills of Virginias Blue Ridge Mountains. can tomato sauce and 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce. Everyone should keep a box of packaged gnocchi in their kitchen! Top with cheddar cheese. 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup. Get the Stuffed Cabbage Casserole recipe. Do not drain. I eat most of my meals vegetarian, so I didnt miss the meat at all. Bake everything in one dish for an easy, satisfying dinner that the whole family can agree on! Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until completely browned and crumbly, 7 to 10 minutes. The sauce is made with a combination of both ground beef and ground sausage. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights. Here are a few sides that go well with the easy Beef Stroganoff Casserole: Assemble the casserole in advance, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day before baking. Happy kids equals happy Momma. Thanks! Whether as a main or side, everyone at the table will be satisfied. Since this ground beef casserole is a mushroom based casserole, it is not the best candidate for gluten free cooking. With five ingredients, your dinner will be ready in a little more than an hour. Ground Beef and Potato Casserole - Recipe - Cooks.com Ground Beef & Cabbage Casserole - Faith Family & Beef Drain off the fat. Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Hey, first of all I love your recipes and your website. Transfer beef mixture to a 9x13-inch baking dish; layer tater tots evenly on top and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. I do not recommend freezing this casserole, since the creamy sauce may split when thawed. There are a few people who have left comments saying that they did freeze it and it turned out well for them. ground beef, garlic cloves, milk, fresh mushrooms, cheese, carrots and 11 more Meaty Pasta Ratatouille Rag eggplant, sliced mushrooms, ragu old world style pasta sauc, green peas and 5 more Cook the casserole for four hours. I will definitely keep this recipe in mind as a way to use up my random leftover veggies because the pasta, sauce/cheese, and mushrooms make it a solid and yummy base to thrown anything in the casserole. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top. I did change some things. Remove pan from heat and drain. Sprinkle with parsley. It's also topped with a layer of cheese and served up with pickles and ketchup for dipping. The crackers really make it special. In prepared casserole dish, layer 1/2 precooked egg noodles, 1/2 hamburger mixture and 1/2 can of mushroom soup. Its not sweet like ketchup or tomato soup. Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling and Cheddar cheese is melted, about 45 minutes. Add another layer of chips and add the rest of the meat mixture. This post contains some affiliate links, which means that we make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside. Place half the chips in the bottom of a 913 baking dish, pour half of the meat mixture over it. I believe food should be delicious and healthy eating doesn't have to be complicated! Add seasonings as desired. drain grease. Read my disclosure policy here. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Wanted to post it so I wouldn't lose it! It's topped with a bed of crushed Ritz and baked until golden. In the same skillet, brown the onions until soft. ground beef. Get Ree's Beef Enchilada Casserole recipe. directions Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium-high heat; drain off any excess grease. Ground beef casserole is usually a combination of cheese, potatoes or rice, and meat. Spread uncooked ground beef on the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese, mushrooms, pimientos, butter, thyme and salt. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray. Keep reading for some delicious ideas and dinner recipe for meals using ground beef and cream of mushroom soup! Make dinner and affordable with this delicious list of dinner ideas using ground beef. Beef, onions, pasta, corn, and tomatoes are simmered on the stove until cooked, then poured into a casserole dish and topped with cheese. "This is truly an old standby that's been in my family for years," Karen Mathis explains from Penfield, New York. Great recipe and I am excited to try more of yours! Return the drained noodles to the pot that they cooked in (assuming its big enough to be used as a mixing vessel) and add the beefy mushroom tomato mixture, one 15oz. Get the Italian Basil Beef and Shells recipe at Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen. Set aside. Casseroles are cheesy and/or creamy by nature. For the full instructions and ingredient amounts for what to make with ground beef and cream of mushroom soup, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of this post. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Ground Beef and Rice Casserole - Spend With Pennies Add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese to the bowl. Remove the cover and sprinkle the fried onions on top. You're going to need a large bowl to mix up this ground beef meal. Thanks! After you later your ingredients such as egg noodles, hamburger, cheese, etc. Heat butter in a large skillet, and cook diced onions until softened. remains and vegetables are tender. Easy, healthy recipes your family will love! Spread the veggies evenly over the top. gently toss with a fork then set aside. Im all about that idea, so the first casserole I decided to tackle was this Beef & Mushroom Country Casserole. 5-Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole is a budget-friendly and easy dinner recipe for the entire family. Thank you, Julie, I subbed mushroom for cream of chicken and followed the recipe.The flavours were awesome. I grew up on classic Beef Stroganoff, which was a staple in my moms kitchen during the cold-weather months. Fry the meat in a skillet. Join us for delicious recipes designed for small budgets. Subscribe to email updates for new recipes delivered to your inbox! Then EAT. Cook the noodles according to the package directions, but until slightly less done. Check out these other canned-soup-free casseroles: King Ranch Chicken Casserole, Creamiest Green Bean Casserole, Cheesy Chicken Vegetable and Rice Casserole, Wild Rice and Vegetable Casserole, and Cheesy Cottage Pie. :). The other day on Facebook I asked your opinion on classic casseroles. The response was almost unanimousyou love them, but would like to see versions made without as many canned ingredients or cream of soups. The starch is simple enough to add, pick something like potatoes (tater tots), pasta, or rice and choose a binder such as cream of chicken plus a little extra milk, sour cream, or water so it's not too dry. Get the Loaded Mashed Potato and Meatball Casserole recipe at The Novice Chef. When meat mixture is finished, add to the rice mixture. Ground Beef & Stuffing Casserole - In Dianes Kitchen In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream of mushroom soup and the milk. Add onion, bell pepper, carrot, and garlic to beef; cook and stir until onion is lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Directions. Cover and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Ingredients 1 lb. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, uncovered. Add garlic, thyme, white pepper, and salt . Pour the cooked meat and onions into the 9x13 pan. Add the egg noodles to the pan, and cook for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Welcome to the world of delicious recipes designed for small budgets. The color is darker like tomatoes. Cream of mushroom soup and other staple ingredients come together for the creamiest casserole ever. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Get 5 quick-prep meals you can make tonight, can condensed cream of mushroom soup, NOT diluted, 12 Things You Need for Your St. Patricks Day Party, The 6 Best Stand Mixers for Bread of 2023, Boil the noodles according to the package instructions for. In large mixing bowl, place cooked rice, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, chili powder and salt. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, or a combination of mozzarella and cheddar It's a quick and easy ingredient that makes weeknight dinner even more comforting. Drain the grease and add it to a large bowl. Ground beef casserole with potatoes is one of those meals that is comforting, easy to make, filling, and full of ingredients that everyone loves. Stuffed peppers are so versatile when it comes to weeknight dinner. Inspired by local traditions and seasonal fare, youll find plenty of easy, comforting recipes that bring your family together around the table. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top. Sign up for my newsletter and get a free guide with 5 quick-prep dinners you can make tonight. ThisHamburger Gravyrecipe (from The Cozy Cook) is SO easy to make with ground beef. bake on 350 for 40 minutes. Home Dishes & Beverages Pasta Dishes Baked Pasta. I haven't done that before, but I think other readers have tried with Velveeta and it worked well. Combine the beef and onions with the onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, water, and rice and mix well. Tater Tot Casserole With No Cream Soup. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir together. Pour chips into bottom of casserole dish (leave whole). Runza Casserole Recipe - Easy Ground Beef Cabbage Dinner! Serve hot ( Note 10 ), and store any leftovers ( Note 11 ). Cover and cook until cheese melts. The Italian-seasoned ground beef is mixed together with a creamy, cheesy sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil pesto. I made this last night and will eat leftovers again tonight. You can massively simplify tonights dinner by creating a meal using two basic staples: ground beef and cream of mushroom soup. Its a solid base recipe! Keep reading for a handful of ground beef and cream of mushroom soup recipes! A few of our favorite side dish ideas are listed below. So I swapped out the mushrooms for a green bell pepper, added chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cayenne to the spices, and threw in a 4 oz can of drained green chiles along with everything else in the final mix. This was a great base recipe! Add the soup mixture to the ground beef. Check out the 5-ingredient ground beef casserole recipe card below, grab those ingredients, and start cooking! Pour over cooked noodles, white or brown rice, mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes or even burgers. Ground Beef Country Casserole - Together as Family Mix the cream of mushroom soup and milk together. This one is another hit. Grease a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle. This Creamy Beef and Mushroom Casserole is filled with hearty ground beef, tender mushrooms and rice nestled in a creamy sauce. Serbian Ground Beef, Veggie, and Potato Bake. Copyright 2023 Back To My Southern Roots | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish with Red Plastic Lid -13.2 INCH x 8.9inch x 2 inch, New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo, Set of 8, Duralex 100009 Made In France Lys Stackable 9-Piece Bowl Set. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Im a food and wine lover, and recipe creation enthusiast. Ground beef and egg noodles recipes (257) - Cookpad Drain ground beef to remove excess grease from pan. Ground Beef and Egg Noodle Casserole - These Old Cookbooks I then swapped out the tomato soup for tomato sauce, which is very similar butwithout the huge amounts of sugar that tomato soup is usually hiding. Bake for 30 more minutes. Cream of Mushroom Rice Casserole Recipe - Recipes.net Plus, theres just something homey about a warm, cheesy, creamy casserole. Drain and transfer pasta to a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Looking for other easy dinner ideas? I subbed black beans for the beef and didnt have canned tomatoes on hand. If you made any changes or added something different, be sure to share with us. Get the Stuffed Peppers recipe at Once Upon a Chef. While family loved it. This post may contain affiliate links. 80/20 or 90/10 ground chuck is best when making tacos. Use a large skillet to brown the ground beef. Start by cooking the ground beef. Go to Recipe 10. I'm Megan and I am so happy you are here! These beef enchiladas have a supermarket hack that makes them so easy: canned enchilada sauce! This creates a creamy, custard layer that binds everything together. The kids are at two different schools on two different sides of town, so I spend a lot of time driving to car circles, sitting in car circles, and then driving to after school activities, which doesnt leave a lot of time for cooking meals. Combine the beef and soup in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until smooth. You will need to use the correct ratio of liquid to rice. Next, add the scallions, soup, water, potatoes, half of the cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper; then mix together . These two ingredients are comforting, hearty, filling, delicious and affordable. But, you can use less than that, as well. Finally, pour everything into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and spread it out. I used a shallot, baby Bella mushrooms and cream of portobello soup. Recipes often call for cubed round steak, beef sirloin steak, flank steak and the like. Spray a 913-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Season the beef with a little salt . stuffing according to the package directions. Brown ground beef and onion over medium heat until no pink remains. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes or until cheese looks melted. Salt and black pepper are simple ways to boost flavor. ground beef, 85% lean 1.5 teaspoons Italian seasoning Salt/Pepper 3 Tablespoons butter, divided cup onions, diced 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced 2 cups beef broth 1 cups uncooked white long grain rice, (not instant rice) I changed dish to a soup bowl and voila! Drain. Stir to combine and then transfer the mixture to a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Step 2 The added sausage was really tasty, too. In one of the steps you mention pasta, are you referencing the noodles? Get the Loaded Mashed Potato Meatloaf Casserole recipe at Dinner Then Dessert. Stir these ingredients into your next batch of creamy mac and cheese. In a large skillet, add ground beef, and diced onion. It is definitely a mid-week staple kind of meal for us. Cream of mushroom soupcan be added or left out! This is one of those comforting meals that is great for Thanksgiving or any time! Mix with an electric mixer until fully combined. I used about 1lb of meat instead of 1/2lb because my beef was already open and I wanted to use it up, and the ratios seemed perfect. Preheat oven to 350. 1 chopped onion 1 can cream of mushroom soup 1/4 c. water, mixed in with soup 1/2 tsp. Drain any fat. If you dont have the right ratio of liquid to rice, you will end up with crunchy rice no matter how long you cook it. Your email address will not be published. ;). Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Zucchini Ground Beef Casserole - A Ranch Mom Anyways, my nephew tore into this creamy ground beef casserole, and then asked for more. It is not recommended to do this more than one time. That's easy. Pile the shredded cheddar cheese right on top. Thanks for sharing. Super delicious and checked all the boxes I wanted to check. Yes, you can make the recipe with lean ground beef or ground turkey. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Preheat oven to 350 F. and grease a casserole dish with nonstick spray. Cook on low until liquid is reduced and flavors have blended, about 45 minutes. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Find all of our dinner recipes here, or see a few of our fan favorites below. Instructions. Step 1 Cook and drain the macaroni according to the package directions. If needed, add vegetable oil to same skillet. Making great food is my passion, my purpose, and my favorite thing to share with others. Get the Cheesy Ground Beef and Cauliflower Rice Casserole recipe at Diethood. Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C). Lee's. Creamy Beef and Green Chili Casserole - Real Life Dinner Any fresh ingredients such as herbs like fresh parsley or basil will enhance the flavor profile. When the meat is about halfway cooked, season with salt and pepper and add in mushrooms, chop the mushrooms, and cook for a couple of minutes. Instructions. This classic bolognese is best when simmered slowly to allow the flavors to mingle. I cooked the veggies with the mushroom and then mixed it all together. Questions & Replies Sign In 25 Recipes With Cream of Mushroom Soup We Can't Resist And that cracker topping just never gets old! Anyway, back to the recipe Preheat your oven to 350F. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases. 70/30 or 80/20 ground chuck is best when making meatloaf. Easy Weeknight Taco Casserole Recipe - Food.com Basically I wanted to make an egg noodle-y casserole but also wanted southwest/Mexican flavors. Top the casserole with the remaining shredded cheese, then bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until it is bubbling around the edges and the top is starting to brown just slightly. Cover bottom of casserole dish with a layer of potatoes and a layer of ground beef. The casserole will likely have to cook longer. Easy Hamburger Casserole Recipe | Lil' Luna Hamburger Tater Tot Casserole Recipe - Southern Home Express 1 lb ground beef; 1/2 diced yellow onion; 1 can cream of mushroom soup; 1 can drained green beans; 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese; 28oz bag of frozen tater tots; 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce; salt, pepper and garlic to taste; Start off by browning the ground beef with the chopped onion in a medium size skillet. can of fire roasted diced tomatoes (drained), 8oz. In a large skillet, brown the beef over medium high heat with the onion and mushroom until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are translucent. Par cook the egg noodles a couple minutes under package instructions so that they don't get mushy while cooking in the oven. Yes, please! You can cook the ground beef for your meal, or place it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for when youre ready to use it. Add cooked rice and stir well. Fill a large stock pot with water, and bring to a boil. Great week night dinner go-to! Pre-heat oven to 375F. In a pan over medium-high heat or in your Instant Pot using the saut setting brown the ground beef and the onion together for about 5 minutes. Chicken and Dumplings Recipe With Canned Biscuits, Check out this post for some tips about how to. Add butter to large skillet, and cook diced onions until soft. Season with salt, pepper, dried thyme and cooked onions. Like above, this recipe wasnt designed to be made with cooked rice, but with that said, it seems like it should work if you eliminate the broth from the recipe. Cook ground beef until brown and crumbled. Mom of 3 and home cook at Easy Family Recipes. Using a large whisk, add in beef broth and begin stirring vigorously to remove lumps. This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here. Bring a pot of water to boil and begin to cook egg noodles according to package directions. 1 tsp garlic salt (with parsley flakes) pepper 2 c macaroni noodles uncooked 1 c grated cheddar cheese more, if needed, to cover the casserole Instructions Preheat the oven to 350F Boil the macaroni according to the direction on the package and drain. Secondly, add the cream of mushroom soup to the bowl. Remove from heat and let cool for 1-2 minutes. 1 pound lean ground beef. That said, we usually serve it with a side or two to help balance the meal out and get a few extra veggies in. Cook on low until liquid is reduced and flavors have blended, about 45 minutes. At times recipes made with a super lean meat such as ground turkey or a lean ground beef can lack moisture and flavor, In this case, cook ground meat that has a higher fat content and add it to the recipe. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Wasnt sure how.high this fills the pan. My mother is part Russian, so maybe its just a cultural thing? In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown ground beef along with the onions and garlic until thoroughly cooked. Transfer the mixed casserole ingredients to a 913 inch casserole dish. Hamburger Potato Casserole Recipe - Key To My Lime Put pan back on stove over medium heat (don't add the ground beef back in yet.) Then, share your comments below andclick here to share a picture of your dinner on the Pinterest Pin! Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Hi! Despite the different names, they all have one thing in commontheyre a creamy, beefy, noodley delight! I dont see onion listed in the ingredients, but Ill just chop a small/medium onion up and cook with the hamburger. Even better this hamburger beef stroganoff takes less than 25 minutes to make and the whole family will love it! Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients well before pouring them into your casserole. But when it comes to family dinners, it's these easy ground beef casserole recipes that we turn to time and time again. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. While the ground beef cooks, prepare the. Blueberry Baked Cheesecake Recipe with Peaches. SO glad you enjoyed it Kate! Add the cooking oil and ground beef to a large skillet. Heavy whipping cream added to creamy dishes adds a delicious texture and flavor.