WebIf you've set up Nabu Casa Cloud in your Home Assistant the checkbox to "Connect via Cloud" should now become available. However Im not clear on how I would specify the URL for playing media on my Chromecast Audio. I use quite a bit of TTS in my home automation. Go to Settings -> Home Assistant Cloud. Dont forget the port number and update your bookmarks and apps. Once you activate the checkbox, external URL will become deactivated. Could you not tailscale the device running home assistant? I cannot load by the ip anymore. Web@donchrizz I think that's the weird catch here if you doing a non-(Home Assistant Cloud) setup, and keeping all in house (pun intended ), then you have to setup SSL.If you setup SSL (likely using Lets Encrypt), then you have to setup DNS. Stuffed around for ages with the iOS app trying to get the internal URL right before remembering I had disabled wifi on my mobile to test external access. Just add .ui.nabu.casa/auth/external/callback to the end (.ui.nabu.casa/auth/external/callback). You will be presented with a webhook info dialog with a new cloud accessible url. Hopefully they get us the crash logs beforehand so we can try to fix the actual issue, Hopefully they get us the crash logs beforehand, I looked at this and it seems that I need to install a lot of extra software on my PC and phone for this. To get started, open Home Assistant, go to the cloud page in the configuration panel. If using Home Assistant Cloud it will start with https://hooks.nabuca.casa. Im running the latest version of Home Assistant on my server and on my iOS Devices (I also tried the beta). Go to Settings -> Home Assistant Cloud. WebIf you have Nabu Casas Home Assistant Cloud, the easiest way to resolve this, is by visiting your Home Assistant instance from the remote UI URL. Just log in via Home Assistant and a secure connection with the cloud will be established. It comes with a nice tts.cloud_say service. WebOnce enabled, Home Assistant will generate a security certificate for secure communication and provide you with a url that is accessible while away from home. TTS. My Nabu Casa link still works and since I didnt open the 8123 port to the outside on the firewall, when using the https://local_ipaddess:8123 URL when at home, I get a SSL warning because the certificate is tied to DuckDNS and not my local ip address but ignoring the warning, my connection still works and is now encrypted. Groove200 1 yr. ago I know this is old.but THIS just saved me from giving up. Make sure you do the configuration from your external URL. ), On the plus side, the app is excellent (but I knew that already from using it locally ). Just use the /local folder structure - the domain is added depending on the root you are serving from. Then just put your local IP for internal and leave the external blank. Extra complexity is added by the fact that URLs can be served on non-standard ports (e.g., not 80 or 443) and with or without SSL (http:// vs https://). The Chormecast URL was indeed the the Nabu Casa URL and that turned out to be easiest thing to fix. maybe your ip address is not 192.168.1.52 then. However, it is possible to spot them: Home Assistant instances known to have security issues to connect to the Cloud are blocked from using the remote UI feature. Ill need to look into exactly what I am allowing before I do this. Configuration jaswalters November 16, 2020, 2:55am #1 I used to run HASS with a local url as in http://192.168.1.X. probot-home-assistant bot added the integration: withings label on Jun 7, 2022 #73228 nebriv mentioned this issue on Jun 14, 2022 Explicitly generate an _external_ webhook URL for Withings integration #73228 via email github-actions bot added stale and removed stale labels on Jul 15, 2022 jarvih mentioned this issue on Jul 23, 2022 internal_url string (Optional) The URL that Home Assistant is available on from your local network. Enable the webhook by clicking on the toggle. A dialog will open that will show you a unique URL that you can use to trigger your automation. Dont forget the port number and update your bookmarks and apps. You may find yourself in a situation where you are away from home and want to access your instance, but it is not connected to your remote UI server. Nabu Casa, Inc. - 15 Hubble Suite 200, Irvine, CA 92618. Eventually got the exception correct. Ive needed to do that from time to time. WebUPDATE: it worked a few days ago when I filmed this but apparently the line about base_url is no longer needed. on the fly meaning you can assign different voices to different tts messages. Configure DuckDNS Add-On in Home Assistant . Home Assistant Ingress in Firefox causing 401: Unauthorized Unable to reach the Home Assistant Cloud Error fetching the cognito keyset WebThe Home Assistant Cloud is enabled by default. Ive also set it up so we can switch them in the UI so if we get bored or annoyed with one voice we can switch it up for a bit easily. So is the only solution here to go to Nabu Casa? Now you can set up the integration as normal, without getting the No URL Available message. Addon webpage ingress issues because of Firefoxs tracking protection. HOWEVER, I still cant get both external and internal access to work at the same time. When opening an add-ons web UI page, Firefox users may see a 401: Unauthorized message. You'll either be redirected back to the HA and it will confirm setup is complete. ; Click the Add-On Store button and search for the DuckDNS add-on. It doesnt matter what you enter here, as long as it is unique from other webhooks that you will create. Not just internal and external. The missing cloud piece for Home Assistant, by the founder of Home Assistant. Alec (Alec Rust) January 11, 2022, 8:54pm #6 This error usually occurs when the Home Assistant host has a bad IPv6 network configuration. I can verify that setting SSID and then local IP address worked for me on my android phone. Using the BSSID instead of SSID WebTo get started, go to Configuration -> Integrations, and under OwnTracks click Configure. Does the app have location permission? If this protection has been manually disabled and the Home Assistant Team has identified a new insecure version, it will automatically re-enable the protection by itself. Examples: Open your Home Assistant and press, the c button to invoke the search bar, type add-on and choose Navigate Add-On store. Help us to improve our documentation Suggest an edit to this page, or provide/view feedback for this page. For trigger, from the dropdown click Webhook. Help Adding Remote Nabu Casa URL to iOS App. Then does the switch fires an automation in home assistant to do the wake on lan? Not just internal and external. HI Tom, what else would need to be done if using NGINX? To configure TTS integrations to use external URLs, set the base_url configuration option. To create an exception, click on the shield icon in the address bar to the left of the current URL being used to reach Home Assistant, then toggle off Enhanced Tracking Protection for the site. WebThe first step in troubleshooting is to take a look at the logs. Luckily, Home Assistant provides a helper method to ease that a bit. If serving files from your Home Assistant instance (e.g., from the /www/ config directory or via TTS integrations), the URLs must be resolvable and directly reachable from the Sonos speakers. no your nabu casa account will always serve the same subdomain. WebIf you have Nabu Casas Home Assistant Cloud, the easiest way to resolve this, is by visiting your Home Assistant instance from the remote UI URL. Web@donchrizz I think that's the weird catch here if you doing a non-(Home Assistant Cloud) setup, and keeping all in house (pun intended ), then you have to setup SSL.If you setup SSL (likely using Lets Encrypt), then you have to setup DNS. With Nabu Casa we're breaking this trend. Routing is made possible by the Server Name Indication (SNI) extension on the TLS handshake. Find the remote box and enable the toggle. All data is fully encrypted between your device and your Home Assistant instance. This can cause you to lose access to Home Assistant while away. Make sure you do the configuration from your external URL. Im not sure why yours isnt. I can offer no help in troubleshooting it though Im afraid because I really dont remember what order I did things to make it work (for now? Is it something else? I have had the mobile app (Android) working perfectly for some time now on my local network but I have decided to try Nabu Casa. So heres what happens. Ive read countless posts on this but none pointing me to what Im We successfully crowdfunded Home Assistant Yellow, the easiest way to What do I have wrong? Forgot about changing some Home Assistant API sensors to http. Go to the configuration tab of DuckDNS add-on and: Then open an issue on github with the log. It also means that if you use IP bans, the remote connection will be banned as a whole instead of just the address from which the incorrect passwords were entered. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled. How to config tts with google cast as i read it needs base_url when not using duckdns. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Home Assistant is open source home automation that puts local control and privacy first. Forgot about changing some Home Assistant API sensors to http. Find the remote box and enable the toggle. Today these are the biggest open source projects that keep your home private and your data local. If the URL is not correct, update your Home Assistant configuration, restart, and try again. Ive read countless posts on this but none pointing me to what Im Install and configure the DuckDNS add-on in Home Assistant by following these steps: Open Home Assistant and go to Settings > Add-ons. I did the same thing to my WeeWX and Teslamate installation at home. You can use your Nabu Casa URL for the Neato redirect URL. ; Click the Add-On Store button and search for the DuckDNS add-on. If the URL is not correct, update your Home Assistant configuration, restart, and try again. Is there no official way to use local HTTPS URL if you use Nabu Casa instead of DuckDNS? Had to delete my duckdns domain as it was generating these errors: Had to set the logging level to debug to track it down. Once configured, were going to the Cloud panel (Configuration -> Cloud) and scroll down to the webhooks cards. Ive read countless posts on this but none pointing me to what Im What to put in external and internal URL in configuration.yaml under homeassistant: section ? If serving files from your Home Assistant instance (e.g., from the /www/ config directory or via TTS integrations), the URLs must be resolvable and directly reachable from the Sonos speakers. Once configured, were going to the Cloud panel (Configuration -> Cloud) and scroll down to the webhooks cards. const sample = new Audio("/misc/tts_demo.mp3"); WebHome Assistant Cloud is a subscription service provided by our partner Nabu Casa, Inc. Nabu Casa, Inc. - 15 Hubble Suite 200, Irvine, CA 92618. Configure DuckDNS Add-On in Home Assistant . This in turn fires an automation that does a Wake on Lan to a device that is Tailscaled. I dont know if it is an issue with the app, Nabu Casa or something else. ; Select the DuckDNS add-on from the search results and then click the Install button. Adding DuckDNS add-on in Home Assistant. Adding DuckDNS add-on in Home Assistant. You'll either be redirected back to the HA and it will confirm setup is complete. The withings site directs you to the domain in question but no HA is hosted there. No longer worry if you left the garage door open. Not just internal and external. Play Sample If you can connect it to Home Assistant, you can now control it with your voice using the Amazon Echo, Google Home or Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/troubleshooting/networking, https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/troubleshooting/faqs/#android-crash-logs. If I have it as in the following picture it works fine on my home network. Follow the steps below from your hypervisors terminal console to disable IPv6: This error occurs when Home Assistant is unable to communicate with our authentication server. Because of this, we are unable to support Home Assistant instances that have configured 127.0.0.1 or ::1 as trusted networks or proxies. I am not familiar with Lutron. The first step in troubleshooting is to take a look at the logs. The second reason the issue can occur is if Docker is misconfigured. The local instance has generated and owns the certificate and so only the local instance will be able to decrypt the incoming traffic. I currently have a very standard network with no non-default firewall rules in place. If not, add this to your configuration: # Example configuration.yaml entry to enable the cloud component cloud: Once activated, go to the Settings panel in Home Assistant and create an account and log in. The point is, in OAuth2, the redirect URI needs to be passed by Home Assistant. Configuration jaswalters November 16, 2020, 2:55am #1 I used to run HASS with a local url as in http://192.168.1.X. You do this at your own risk! If I want to use an internal url if my internet is down, what is the simplest method to accomplish? VSCode sync was generating lots of errors in Home Assistant until I updated the internal URL to http. It is not going to be possible to avoid MITM attacks. Topics are replicated bidirectionally, so publish a command message at the cloud topic for it to be picked up on the local side. With Nabu Casa cloud I always felt the mobile HA app hung for a few (frustrating) seconds when switching from wifi at home to mobile data. It integrates with the Home Assistant webhook support, which can be used to trigger automations, send location data with OwnTracks, and much more. After closing the app I cant now open it on the local network either. Nabu Casa & Chromecast URL - Configuration - Home Assistant Community Addon webpage ingress issues because of Firefoxs tracking protection. Or just click the My Home Assistant Link below: Search for DuckDNS add-on and install it. Hacky ways to fire automations from an external network (no Nabu Casa, external url) I have a Lutron Caseta switch (that's not actually wired to anything - don't ask) that I can turn on / off via the Lutron app from anywhere. So I guess thats what I use for the Chromecast Audio then. We are currently not forwarding the IP address of the incoming request. Partly for to remove port forwarding and partly for access to Azure TTS. For more available plan details, see pricing. You can solve this by using a free Dynamic DNS service like DuckDNS. For example, IP based URLs, Nabu Casa Remote UI URLs or URLs based on hostname (e.g., homeassistant.local). document.querySelector('.play-sample').addEventListener('click', function () { If you use the default DNS, then you'll get your own external IP address back, which is likely going to take you to Hard to tell based on your network setup what I can tell you is plenty of folks have the exact same setup you do in the app with a nabu casa URL and using the wifi connection part to connect locally. That way you can turn on the remote connection only when you leave the house and need it. The first time you enable it, Home Assistant Cloud will have to generate and validate the certificate. WebUPDATE: it worked a few days ago when I filmed this but apparently the line about base_url is no longer needed. Are you using the Lutrons cloud to control the switch from anywhere? Im really impressed with the Nabu Casa service, but I cant figure out how to get my Home Assistant iOS app to use the Nabu Casa-generated URL as the external URL. WebFrom Home Assistant, navigate to Configuration then Integrations. If I then define my SSID and add an internal connection URL it doesnt work locally. Pi-Hole will block the connection under certain configurations. I dont really want to either but I still havent worked up the courage open a port in my router. For example I use the Nabu Casa remote UI URL https://.ui.nabu.casa/. Your URL should be in the following format: Make sure you do the configuration from your external URL. With Nabu Casa cloud I always felt the mobile HA app hung for a few (frustrating) seconds when switching from wifi at home to mobile data. ; All data is encrypted between your browser and your local instance. Making a secure solution is a challenge. Just change the base in the browser url to the url you want, like http://192.168.1.12. Web@donchrizz I think that's the weird catch here if you doing a non-(Home Assistant Cloud) setup, and keeping all in house (pun intended ), then you have to setup SSL.If you setup SSL (likely using Lets Encrypt), then you have to setup DNS. WebOnce enabled, Home Assistant will generate a security certificate for secure communication and provide you with a url that is accessible while away from home. A great feature is the ability to change voices (and gender!) Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, New Neato Integration Installation Guide (OAuth2 for HA version 2021.1) - #55 by Aaron_P. As a user, the only configuration step that you need is to enable it from the cloud configuration panel. Powered by a worldwide community of tinkerers and DIY enthusiasts. Updating your Home Assistant instance to a secure version will allow it to be accessible via Remote UI once again. From what Ive read online, and what Nabu Casa support tells me, it should just work and automatically detect the Nabu Casa You'll either be redirected back to the HA and it will confirm setup is complete. Just add .ui.nabu.casa/auth/external/callback to the end (.ui.nabu.casa/auth/external/callback). For example I use the Nabu Casa remote UI URL https://.ui.nabu.casa/. Click the plus icon and type/select SmartThings. To get started, open Home Assistant, go to the cloud page in the configuration panel. Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, TTS and Webhooks will continue to work during a security block. If you're running an external Mosquitto, you can bridge it to an identical broker running in a cloud server. Turn any text into natural sounding audio clips to be played on What I was suggesting was just to log in at Nabu Casa. This feature alone is worth the monthly fee. It is a lot easier to set up. Click the plus icon and type/select SmartThings. Dont worry, here are some common issues and how to resolve them. If after a while you decide to stick with Nabu Casa go to. Go to the configuration tab of DuckDNS add-on and: We started Home Assistant and have acquired ESPHome. I cant get to my Nabu Casa URL from my phone either. Nabu Casa & Chromecast URL - Configuration - Home Assistant Community Addon webpage ingress issues because of Firefoxs tracking protection. get started with Home Assistant. It is related to IPv6 ; Click the Add-On Store button and search for the DuckDNS add-on. To get started, were going to follow the Home Assistant instructions to configure OwnTracks. Replace any DuckDNS URLs in your config (hopefully in secrets.yaml) with the Nabu Casa remote URL. I have tried deleting the app cache and data, uninstalling and reinstalling but that didnt work either, in fact very often the app fails to start properly. EDIT: If you are here for the first time please look further down for the latest summary of my problem: Im trying Nabu Casa. After just logging in to Nabu Casa I was able to connect using the mobile app. Is it Nabu Casa? This can cause you to lose access to Home Assistant while away. And we will keep making them better for you. Users running a standard installation of Home Assistant, can disable IPv6 in the UI from the Supervisor > System > Host card. Note that this setting may only contain a protocol, hostname and port; using a path is not supported. If you still want to use the internal url in the ios App you might have to set up a proxy server like Ngnix. Also, if using Google API for Nest integration, I imagine there are some changes there? WebUPDATE: it worked a few days ago when I filmed this but apparently the line about base_url is no longer needed. As root, run: If you have an old version of a JWT library installed you can get an unknown error when youre trying to login and in your error logs you see the following error: To solve this you have to remove the following packages from the Python environment that runs Home Assistant and restart Home Assistant. Ive had to do that a few times because the mobile app wouldnt connect. WebIf you've set up Nabu Casa Cloud in your Home Assistant the checkbox to "Connect via Cloud" should now become available. Thanks. From what Ive read online, and what Nabu Casa support tells me, it should just work and automatically detect the Nabu Casa My external address is the same as my internal (not sure why or how it works) When I click Home Assistant Cloud is shows my Nabu Casa URL. Now go to configuration -> cloud and scroll to the webhooks card. WebTo get started, go to Configuration -> Integrations, and under OwnTracks click Configure. Lets Encrypt takes part of the experimental internet security standard. Also +1 for ease of voice assistant integration. Alec (Alec Rust) January 11, 2022, 8:54pm #6 Ive needed to do that from time to time. Fixing the network configuration or disabling IPv6 on the host should resolve this error. cogneato (Cogneato) January 8, 2021, 7:31pm #17 You should use your URL, actually. I dont use nabu casa, but I would expect it to be the same, just with the nabu casa url in the top one instead of a dynamic dns service. When not connected, the remote URL will not be accessible. probot-home-assistant bot added the integration: withings label on Jun 7, 2022 #73228 nebriv mentioned this issue on Jun 14, 2022 Explicitly generate an _external_ webhook URL for Withings integration #73228 via email github-actions bot added stale and removed stale labels on Jul 15, 2022 jarvih mentioned this issue on Jul 23, 2022 The local installation is not using SSL (bare HA installation). The instructions on the screen will guide you to install the application and configure OwnTracks to use Home Assistant. This helps in securing your Home Assistant instance. Just add .ui.nabu.casa/auth/external/callback to the end (.ui.nabu.casa/auth/external/callback). WebMedia URLs. Extra complexity is added by the fact that URLs can be served on non-standard ports (e.g., not 80 or 443) and with or without SSL (http:// vs https://). In the app configuration I can add the new Nabu Casa remote URL and all works well when I am off my local WiFi but I cant add my Internal Connection URL as it is greyed out. The remote portal is only meant for temporary one time connections. The instructions on the screen will guide you to install the application and configure OwnTracks to use Home Assistant. Perfect to run on a Raspberry Pi or a local server. I have this issue too. For example, enter hello-world. Who uses Nabu Casa that has accomplished this? You can find more networking tips here: https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/troubleshooting/networking. WebTo get started, go to Configuration -> Integrations, and under OwnTracks click Configure. internal_url string (Optional) The URL that Home Assistant is available on from your local network. That service redirects my duckdns hostname to my HA local IP address. Set up Nabu Casa if you have not already done so. I set up a gmail account just for this, then set up the node to look for new mail and parsed the body of the email for keywords to do different things. WebOnce enabled, Home Assistant will generate a security certificate for secure communication and provide you with a url that is accessible while away from home. The intuitive articulation is almost creepy at this point. Set up Nabu Casa if you have not already done so. If serving files from your Home Assistant instance (e.g., from the /www/ config directory or via TTS integrations), the URLs must be resolvable and directly reachable from the Sonos speakers. I can now access ip over http and still access remote via nabu casa. Based on that alone probably something in your network. WebIf you have Nabu Casas Home Assistant Cloud, the easiest way to resolve this, is by visiting your Home Assistant instance from the remote UI URL. Ive realised I had this post poorly tagged so hopefully now someone who knows/develops the Android app will see this. Using the BSSID instead of SSID Check out their website for more information on features, pricing and how to configure Home Assistant. The first post has been edited to direct them to a new summary of the issue below. Eventually got the exception correct. I dont know what is going on but after several reinstalls and reconfigures of the app I can finally connect locally with these settings. Try logging into Nabu Casa with a browser on your phone. Because they are served via the Home Assistant UI, they benefit from the same end-to-end encryption and local authentication as the Home Assistant frontend.