HOUSTON (Dec. 11, 2009) - Kevin Kline, local morning radio host on The New 93Q in Houston, will run a nearly 500-mile solo ultramarathon across the state of Texas in 13 days to raise funds for Texas Children's Cancer Center. My dad met John at a baseball game and after a short conversation, that led to an invitation for me to intern at The Mighty KMOX. And all the while, shows that made me pinch myself that we had done that on the radio. Whatever the reason might be Tuttle will be dearly missed. Kevin Kline Announces his Retirement - 93Q Houston's While Kline wont miss the early wakeup calls, he says, he will miss Tim Tuttle, his co-host for 26 years. JC and the KSHE Morning Zoo introduced me to the career I wanted to pursue. He's completed a race that lasted over 47 hours and once ran 482 miles in 13 days across Texas! His last show was Friday, February 5, 2021. Thank you for sharing! Try keep it short so that it is easy for people to scan your page. What Happened To Tim Tuttle At 93Q And Why Is He Leaving? - Mixedarticle She succeeds legendary co-host, Kevin Kline, who retired Friday, February 5th. You can follow his journey and find out how to help through: By clicking Sign Up, I confirmthat I have read and agreeto the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. Life became easier when I detached from social media. Sometimes we created Pollocks. And Im glad it was. I realized, after a short hiatus from each other, that I was better suited to bassist or at best, drums, and for our partnership to last, I couldnt compete for that spotlight. On days when my energy level is low, my two on-air partners feel that and rely on me less until they can pull me out of it. This comes to Kevin naturally, which makes his speaking engagements memorable and something everyone involved is proud to be a part of. Houston's KKBQ-FM, The New 93Q, welcomes Katelyn Maida to its on-air talent lineup. SONGS: Singer, songwriter makes new song inspired by FOX 26 news report about goats at Target, Man charged in shooting death of Officer Andres Vasquez Lasso ordered held without bond, Woman, 20, wanted for murder of 45-year-old man in Brazoria County, turns herself in, BREAKING BOND: 33-year-old man goes from being a parolee to getting a PR bond for murder charge, ROMANCE SCAM: Richmond woman appears in federal court accused of scamming online dates out of thousands of dollars, Mother arrested after 4-year-old found outside alone, 1-year-old found laying in soiled linen, Florida man dies after contracting brain-eating infection from rinsing sinuses with tap water, Here's how to get tickets, passes for Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo 2023, Full Interview with Rodeo Headliner, Parker McCollum. I'm honored to report that Kevin will also be carrying my son, Caleb's name and our family's cancer burden, in this special backpack. I have to get my 8 to 9 hours of sleep. (In fact, his Snowdrop Foundation has channeled more than $1.5 million to the cause.) Though some bipolar traits helped them function at a high level, three people weigh in on the hurdles to get and keep them there. As a third co-host Maida joins Tim Tuttle and Erica Rico. Foundation funding supports the centers cutting edge work in pediatric cancer research, provides twice annual weekend excursions for patients, and awards college scholarships to pediatric cancer patients and childhood cancer survivors. According to a Facebook post, famous radio jockey Tim Tuttle has left 93Q, and fans are disappointed. When you have eight extra pounds of stuff on your back, you need it lightest shoe possible," smiles Kevin. KSHE in St. Louis. My mom asked me the other day, What are you running away from?. My dad met John at a baseball game and after a short conversation, that led to an invitation for me to intern at The Mighty KMOX. It was the foresight of Johnny Chiang, Gerry McCracken, the late Rusty Walker and then GM, Caroline Devine who stepped out of the country music comfort zone to put 2 brash rockers on a female friendly, family catering country music station. Honestly Kevin, last year was the first in my 56 years that I stopped trying to hide my illness. ", Katelyn Maida fills Kevin Kline seat on The New 93Q, The New 93Qs Kevin Kline Runs the Arctic Circle for Pediatric Cancer Patients, Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip, Click to leave your thoughts on this post here, KXAN Austin has transmitter issues due to ice storm, Courtney Zavala's video after leaving Houston Life, Tiffany Craig will be off KHOU 11 Houston for a little time, Texas TV news and radio job moves February 2023, Lyle Lovett talks 19th Grammy Awards nomination. Cox Media Group Country "93Q" 92.9 KKBQ-FM Pasadena/Houston TX has filled the opening created by the retirement of Kevin Kline from its morning show with the addition of Katelyn Maida. This 30-year ride has been a blast. 2023 FOX Television Stations. Audio Ink is a trademark of Streamline Publishing, Inc. Log In (Existing Digital Subscriptions Only). "We're testing Mother Nature, we really don't know what to expect," states Kline. They also worked together at X101.5 WXSR in Tallahassee, Florida. Dosvedanya. Kevin Kline is the finest public speaker I have had the pleasure of hearing. When Cox Houstons Johnny Chiang sought a team that could break the mold of a country morning show, Doc Adams, the pairs producer at the time, suggested Kline and Tuttle. Goodbye. With Tim Tuttle, Kevin Kline, & Erica Rico He had also worked at stations in Denver, Columbia MO, Springfield MO and his native St. Louis. Cox Media Group "The New 93Q" KKBQ Houston "Q Morning Zoo" host Kevin Kline announces his retirement in a nine-minute video on the station website. He beat that goal by five years, moving to Houston, a Top Five market, at age 35. Kevin Kline, of the New 93Q, training for run in the Artic Circle "Katelyn was a perfect fit as she was already a part of our CMG family., RELATEDThe New 93Qs Kevin Kline Runs the Arctic Circle for Pediatric Cancer Patients. If the episode gets worse, Ill have my wife call my psychiatrist. Each of those stations are ripe with outlandish stories, but to hear them, well, youll have to wait for the book, which Ill now have plenty of time to write. To me, Gwyneth Paltrow's the most beautiful person that ever walked the planet, he says. KEVIN KLINE - Bruce Merrin's Celebrity Speakers As the morning DJ on Houston's New 93Q Kline is used to encountering people from all walks of life. The most important product of revealing my illness was to live with a grateful attitude even if its a thinking process that cant, for the moment, reach into my depressed heart. That's what a familiar voice to many of you will be doing between November 16through November 24, as he heads to Alaskaon one of the most dangerous journeys in the world. Adieu. Auf Weidersehen. The run begins November 16 at the Arctic Circle, mile 115 of the Dalton Highway, and ends in Deadhorse, Alaska on November 24. When it spirals to the point where I dont want to get out of bed, I rely on the support of my wife and the comfort of my dog. Give is not a ten dollar piece of me. It was revealed by Tim himself through his Facebook post. "It was an obvious choice and we are so excited for the future of The Q Morning Zoo., We are all really looking forward to having another strong female on the team," Rico added. And the ride has changed our lives in ways we never imagined it would. They also worked together at X101.5 WXSR in Tallahassee, Florida. Morning host Kevin Kline has announced his retirement from Cox Media Group Country 93Q 92.9 KKBQ Pasadena/Houston. Country music radio station, KKBQ-FM, The New 93Q's morning show host, Kevin Kline, will attempt a 300-mile run in Alaska's deadly Arctic Circle to raise money for pediatric cancer patients at Texas Children's Hospital on behalf of the non-profit he founded in 2006, The Snowdrop Foundation. Ciao. KNAC in Long Beach/Los Angeles was the other. Sayonara. I was amazed by how many people reached out to me for a sympathetic ear and a direction they could go for relief. The New 93Q Houston for Apple TV by Cox Media Group Yes, I CHOSE them! Life became relaxing with a smaller circle and with fewer people to possibly disappoint. Who is Kevin Kline??? - bayareaentertainer.com While in DFW, Maida also worked for KTVT's CBS 11 News This Morning as an entertainment reporter. Adieu. Kevin does not speak to be heard, but takes you through a story, and even more impressively, a journey. He said that this past year allowed him to reflect and that the amount of pressure I put on myself to succeed in everything I ever try prevents me from enjoying the endeavor and prohibits me from celebrating the outcome, I realized that the exhaustion I always feel after 5 hours on the radio isnt because of the job, its because my depression and mental health issues force me to overuse my energy to be up and happy. When I signed my contract on April 1, 2005, I not only met, but exceeded my goal, reaching a TOP 5 market at age 35. I got tired of all the negativity. One of the many names in his backpack includes little honorary officer 758, Abigail Arias, who recently lost her battle to cancer. I learned the business, the game and what it means to be a professional during those days. [Make sure] it's something you like doing that you will get up every day and do it for free. Country Insider. Photo: Houston Event Photos Editor's Update: In December 2020, Kevin Kline announced his retirement from radio after 30 years in the industry, half of them with 93Q. Katelyn Maida Joins 93Q Houston Morning Zoo - RadioInsight Here is the video and transcript of his retirement announcement. Kevin's taking them to what he calls the top of the world, near the Arctic Ocean, where his run will end in Deadhorse, Alaska on November 24, on Kevin's 50th birthday. Kline considers interviewing Gwyneth Paltrow on-air following the film release of Country Strong to be a career highlight. You cant manufacture the immediate chemistry we had and do still to this day. I assess what got me to that point, what I can change to turn myself around. To Scott Pettibone at X101.5. Welcome home, Kev! Ultra-endurance running is his personal method for fundraising and childhood cancer awareness campaigns. 93Q was looking to break the mold of country morning shows and when Doc Adams suggested us to Johnny Chiang, that started a whirlwind courtship and clandestine meetings in hotel lobbies. If you're planning on using the METRO to helo you get to and from the Houston Rodeo, here's everything you need to plan out your ride! Thank God for these three letters: DVR. The New 93Q (KKBQ-FM) Houston has added Katelyn Maida to the Q Morning Zoo. Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices! Country music star and Conroe-native, Parker McCollum caught up with our Sally Mac after he was named the headliner for 2023's Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. Second, the amazing revelation: I chose these friends who displayed so much loving kindness & loyal love. Kevin Kline has run 100 miles so far in below-freezing temperatures and is on track of his planned schedule. From the instant we met each other it was perfect, Kline says. Chinese-American Democrat Rep. slams racist Republican who questioned her loyalty, How tough, blunt Bernard Ingham stood by Margaret Thatchers side for 11 years as press secretary, Governor of Skid Row slams LA for demolishing her tent home that had kitchen and HOT TUB, Drone footage reveals Murdaughs brother and son removing guns three months after murders, T.J. Holmes and Amy Robach look loved up in Puerto Vallarta, President Zelensky says he plans to meet Xi Jinping following Chinas peace proposal, Idaho murders house to be demolished: Moscow home boarded up, Man jailed after crashing into and killing woman whose car had broken down and two men helping her, Gymnastics coach accused of separating girls into fat groups is barred from unsupervised training, Re-educate children who make non-politically correct comments, Christian trust tells teachers. When that station went Spanish in 1995, that dream ended. Is Lane Kiffin Married To Girlfriend Jennifer Dardano?Lane Kiffin, a well-known football, Who Is Wes Scantlin Ex Wife Wes Scantlin is a musician,. Tap on any of the buttons below to download our app. I remember him fondly, I truly do, for telling Tim and me, Youre not funny. And Susan Groves, who inherited us as her morning show when she took over the station and didnt try to change us. Amazingly creative and fascinating people. Robert Key, Founder, Faithful Soles. They also worked together at Tallahassee, Florida's X101.5 WXSR. He completed running 35 miles up and over a mountain along the most dangerous highway in the country, the Dalton Highway in Alaska. Is Melanie Martinez Alive Or Dead? Here, we get a phone call from Garth Brooks every other week [and] Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, George Strait. Retiring KKBQ Houston Morning Man Kevin Kline Reflects On A 35-Year This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Many, who are lucky enough to even get into this highly competitive radio industry dont last 30 months, so to have had an audience to entertain for 30 YEARS, that is something I have never taken for granted. The watch parties are at different locations each day. Worry about the passion. Kevin Kline is a 21-year radio veteran and current morning co-host on The New 93Q in Houston, TX. Jill Ribbeck, Vice President, Strake Jesuit Mothers Club, Completed 37 marathons/ultramarathons over five years in 21 states, Europe and South Africa, Twice ran across the Grand Canyon, solo, from south rim to north rim, and back. Every single break is something different, and I'll miss that.. , Share currently playing on Facebook (Opens a new window), Share currently playing on Twitter (Opens a new window), Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo 2023 - WIN TICKETS, Brooks & Dunn Live at the Houston Rodeo - March 1, 2023. A big part of Kevin Kline's job revolves around meeting strangers and hearing their stories. Sayonara. And Im glad it was. By clicking Sign Up, I confirmthat I have read and agreeto the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. Country music star and Conroe-native, Parker McCollum caught up with our Sally Mac after he was named the headliner for 2023's Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. Tuttle wrote on his Facebook page that his contract was not being renewed by popular radio station 93Q (KKBQ), which broadcasts out to Houston, Texas. Well, I kept that promise: I now awake at 3 a.m. Your service title Give us a brief description of the service that you are promoting. I have a difficult time handling change. The annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo is no fun and games if you don't have a ticket. Visit our, Kevin Kline Retires From Mornings At 93Q Houston, From Banned To All-Weekend Stunt, KMLE & WPAW Goes Nonstop Morgan Wallen, Audacy Launches Front Range Country 103.1 Denver, Tino Cochino Radio Joins 106.1 Kiss-FM Dallas, News Center Maine: It was a lightning bolt: Maines WBLM celebrates 50 years of classic rock, Edison Research Releases 2023 Infinite Dial Study. Tap on any of the buttons below to download our app. And I make sure I give to others even when it takes effort, not just when I feel well. Ill leave you with words Ive learned from traveling the world with Trish Adios. He is the recipient of an Academy Award and three Tony Awards. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Ill start my Howard Hughes life now, except Ill still shower and trim my nails, and Ill be grateful for all that Ive experienced in yours and the public eye. #DeliveringHope To Joe and John, The Nocturnal Emissions, for letting me jump in on Saturday nights and giving me an outlet for my creativity. Kevin Kline running dangerous Dalton Highway for pediatric cancer research Katelyn Maida Joins New 93Q/Houston Morning Show The music is in the way. Kline completed another day of runningin temperatures around -12degrees. You not only brought me on after I tracked mud into your brand-new studio, you hired me AGAIN years later, and THEN, helped me land 2 OTHER gigs. And why is it necessary to turn that self-love inward? (HOUSTON) - You might recognize the voice of Kevin Kline from the Q Morning Zoo on the new 93Q. Maida makes her Houston radio debut today joining Tim Tuttle and Erica Rico as the third host for the Q Morning Zoo. From my first on air shift in 1990, I set goals for myself, the pinnacle of which was to have a morning show in a top 10 market by age 40. Thats just my personality. "After 30 years in the radio industry, over half of them spent in Houston on the legendary 93Q, I have decided to retire and start a new, as of now, untitled chapter in life . Kline prefers anonymity. Or so I thought. To Donna and Mitch Baker in Springfield, MO. The New 93Q's Kevin Kline Runs the Arctic Circle for - Blogger Why Is Tim Tuttle Leaving 93Q? Know What Happened To Him I never felt so loved in spite of my illness before! Finally, I know the past 25 years would not have been as eventful, successful, or as fun without my radio partner, Timmy T. From the day we met in Nashville, we clicked. Kline credits the 15-year success of the Q Morning Zoo to Tuttles sense of humor and the ability of the two longtime friends to play off each other. You not only brought me on after I tracked mud into your brand-new studio, you hired me AGAIN years later, and THEN, helped me land 2 OTHER gigs. Houston Radio DJ Kevin Kline Will Run 500-Mile, 13-Day Ultramarathon Foundation funding supports the center's cutting edge work in pediatric cancer research, provides twice annual weekend excursions for patients, and awards college scholarships to pediatric cancer patients and childhood . His listeners are absolutely taken by his message! Thank you to then Morning Hosts at The Point, D-Day and Mary Ellen, afternoon host, Sarah Clark, PD Jim McGuinn and GM, Dick Stein who let me loiter long enough to parlay my radio passion into producing and on-air roles. Northern Alaska is "in the dark" almost 24/7 this time of year, so he'll be without sunlight for more than a week, enduring feels-like temperatures of negative-30 degrees. How did he train to do something so extreme and who and what will be with him?